Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i hear some guy named thermos is working on awesome new forum software, you should check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Kirk posted:

im actually Mad as gently caress about radium owning lowtax like this.....
wb :unsmith:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh wait i guess youve been in the sci fi thread too

well wb anyway

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
just opensource the forums. pleaseure kevin can write the comment system.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

pleasure meter could be something awful's spin on downvotes

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
don't make it user-controlled though, that can be exploited and encourages groupthink

have it determined by a perfect rational artificial intelligence algorithm

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that's a good idea, I know a really good platform for it too. Lowtax have you heard of the blockchain

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

please. this is clearly a job for tiny bug child

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

infernal machines posted:

please. this is clearly a job for tiny bug child

i prefer my passwords emailed to me in plaintext

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
ZDR do you have any funny / :stare: code of radiums?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pram might have terrible opinions on computers, but he's alright

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

obstipator posted:

:wth:!!
no one here is mad. we just like talking poo poo about computers. the radium stuff is computer talk so that leads everyone to talk about the forums. pram is funny man and i dont think he should have been banned for what i read as a jokey joke

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

horse mans posted:

it would be nice if there were an actual requirements document for a migration to a modern codebase

i know there's a lot of cruft and old code around and all kinds of crazy hackish behavior, but a specific audit of those things would help people understand exactly what was needed, and what could be dropped/rewritten

like, i'm sure it would be a lot of work, and a lot of dealing with databases, load balancers, everything, but that requirements document isn't impossible

lomarf

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
hey zdr back in the lf days there was some subforum of a subforum that went neglected and forgotten for years, i think it was a coupons subforum, and infrateal used it for months as some sort of insane dream-journal for months before anyone noticed. an admin came in and closed the forum but do those posts still exist or were they wiped out?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Valeyard posted:

Pram might have terrible opinions on computers, but he's alright

prams a good mate but he's stubbornly not on any other site that I know of so ya can't social media him so now my friend has been severed out of my life

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
i, too, like the idea of open source forums

I'll start the wiki

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

are you even allowed to open source the forums, what with the vb licence

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

prams a good mate but he's stubbornly not on any other site that I know of so ya can't social media him so now my friend has been severed out of my life

rip eirka

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i hope hes still making it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ten bucks

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Megaspel posted:

I really hate that acronym, I keep getting it confused with Something Awful Secret Santa.

isn't it something sensivitve now or is that the offsite forum of the offsite forum

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

zen death robot posted:

they probably exist but I don't remember this

if you could ask around or dig for them please do because they were hilarious

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
picture a really good writer with severe mental issues having a forum all to himself to blast out stream-of-conciousness posts. for months. dozens of threads and hundreds of posts of him just talking to himself

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Necc0 posted:

picture a really good writer with severe mental issues having a forum all to himself to blast out stream-of-conciousness posts. for months. dozens of threads and hundreds of posts of him just talking to himself

i once thought about writing a story based on someones forum posts, where you would see plot points evolve by what threads they were posting in ect, but then I never wrote it because i am a lazy gently caress and who the gently caress would want to read book full of forum posts anyway

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

vodkat posted:

i once thought about writing a story based on someones forum posts, where you would see plot points evolve by what threads they were posting in ect, but then I never wrote it because i am a lazy gently caress and who the gently caress would want to read book full of forum posts anyway

the sort of people really into ernest cline books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
to be clear i don't think he was actually crazy but he was pulling that insanity from somewhere

god those posts were so loving funny i wish i could read them again :(

• Locked thread