Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
It's so much better than what Genshiken turned into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ktimekiller
Jan 9, 2012

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
If you're not gonna pull a Davincie and sneak a link in there, please include the name of the series you're showcasing.

Also, don't hotlink.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That's Gingitsune

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Relin posted:

It's so much better than what Genshiken turned into

Unfortunately, this isn't difficult.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shimanami Tasogare

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

This is a v extremely good not bad pro click

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Yeah this is pretty good stuff. Anxious for the next chapter to come out.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Leper Residue posted:

Yeah this is pretty good stuff. Anxious for the next chapter to come out.

thats the end of volume 1 so its gonna be a while

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

Just when I'd been convinced to not wait any longer. I'll start it when folks start posting the next volume in the chat thread.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Sharkopath posted:

oh god dammit

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Leper Residue posted:

oh god dammit

im mad too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm making this face: :goleft:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

I'm making this face:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Sharkopath posted:

I'm making this face:

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I committed a sin and spent money on this lucky draw...

I'm the luckiest person on earth, my first wall

superloosegoose fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 24, 2016

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

superloosegoose posted:

I committed a sin and spent money on this lucky draw...

I'm the luckiest person on earth, my first wall

You're supposed to include the name of the series jackass

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's My Life.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Feng Shen Ji

By the way, have we got a thread to discuss chinese manhua?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As soon as there's a good one, make a thread

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Their Story/Tamen de Gushi is the only good one I know of. I'm on my phone, so someone else should post some pages from it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

short manga about a guy (the writer??) and his cat living in rural japan

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Davincie posted:

Here's an interesting interview about the mangaka's work and farming

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Coaaab posted:

Here's an interesting interview about the mangaka's work and farming

thanks, that was a cool article. i also read another manga of his and that one was good too. it had cool settings like istanbul or the amazon

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Shisunki Bitter Change:

Premise is, elementry school boy and girl swap bodies after the boy falls out of a tree onto the girl. Wait don't leave there's more.

What makes it interesting is the fact that they try to swap back, but... They can't. They end up having to (as of the start of the very first page) live as their new selves for going on 3 years, in a part of growing up which is... Difficult for a lot of people, even when that's not something you have to worry about. :v:

There's no fanservice in it, and the characters are mostly fairly interesting. If there's one complaint I have about the series itself, it's that beyond the main core characters, it doesn't really develop any side characters. Note: the translator adds a ~hilarious~ (read: creepy) fake translation page to the end of some chapters. That doesn't reflect on the series itself, though.

It's good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a great series but was recommended last page

edit: by me, even.

Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicles is pretty rad, and Kishiro still has those bonkers cyborg/cyberpunk designs and nuts story.
I really like the design of this dude, he rides around on a wheel made of the whip-weapon he attacks with.
Artwork and style is still fantastic, too.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 30, 2016

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Assassination Classroom's got some extra side-chapter stuff about Korosensei's home life coming out and they're pretty funny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jyoshikausei popped up on KM's recent updates and seems like a cute little comedy series about a carefree goofball of a girl, just read the first chapter and it was charming and funny.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

This is really really good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chaos rhames posted:

Assassination Classroom's got some extra side-chapter stuff about Korosensei's home life coming out and they're pretty funny.

cant believe they make my life into a mang

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
New Game!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She is the Rokurokubi

A funny, adorable romcom about a girl with an extendable neck, and other yokai-people.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hah, that "New Game" comic is like the Shirobako of the games industry. I wonder how many women actually work in that industry? Because these shows and comics seem to have a heavily female cast when it's not exactly a female-friendly field in reality (long hours, no chance for family life or maternity leave).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean, women can voluntarily be single and/or childless. i think the industries would be less female friendly just because they're boys clubs rather than not having pretty universal things like free time or m/paternity leave.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i know the senran kagura writer is a woman!

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Stuff that's considered universal in most industries is not considered universal in the world of animation/vfx/games.
https://vfxsoldier.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/where-are-the-women-in-vfx/

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ccs posted:

Stuff that's considered universal in most industries is not considered universal in the world of animation/vfx/games.
https://vfxsoldier.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/where-are-the-women-in-vfx/

i mean universal in the sense that the lack of it affects both men and women.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

True, though for some reason men seem to take the risk of working in that kind of environment for longer than women. I know plenty of animators in the 30s and 40s who are men, but few women who stay in the industry past 30.

But this isn't really on topic. New Game is a fun comic, I like these series about people's working life.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Davincie posted:

Domestic cats meow a lot more than feral cats because humans communicate through sound so they're imitating their owners. Except their throat only allows meows, and they probably don't know any words anyway, they just recognize that humans respond to sounds. Also they can usually recognize their names, but will often choose to ignore you anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Clarste posted:

Domestic cats meow a lot more than feral cats because humans communicate through sound so they're imitating their owners. Except their throat only allows meows, and they probably don't know any words anyway, they just recognize that humans respond to sounds. Also they can usually recognize their names, but will often choose to ignore you anyway.

Based on a lifetime of cat ownership I am pretty sure that they learn how to get more annoying / louder as they grow up, too. Jerks :argh:

• Locked thread