Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Matt Murdock made out with Spider-Man's ex girlfriend on a roof top while Spider-Man was watching.

He knew Spidey was there, he has crazy sonar sense, he knew it. Daredevil gets off on this poo poo.

Push El Burrito has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Mar 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Matt Murdock made out with Spider-Man's ex girlfriend on a roof top while Spider-Man was watching.

He knew Spidey was there, he has crazy sonar sense, he knew it. Daredevil gets off on this poo poo.

Why is he sniffing his fingers?
:pervert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Regarding DD :

The relationship with Typhoid Mary is basically the best comic form of "Don't put your dick in crazy" known to man.

That relationship is amazing as its Kingpin deciding to ruin his relationship with Karen Page, by sending a mentally ill women who has two personalities. One completely bat poo poo the other nice, and they have different heart rates and smells so he can't tell them apart. A later recon reveals that Daredevil when he was younger tossed her out a window when she was working as a prostitute and caused the crazier personality to come out.

Still the worst was Heather Glenn. It involves Matt being emotionally abusive until she agrees to marry him. Foggy and Black Widow cause them to break up, but she ends up developing a drinking problem and kills herself.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kruller posted:

Yeah, the one person who should know his secret is the last one to find out. Barry is god awful at hiding his identity, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qy4EIvvVj4

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

This show was a special sort of genius.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The animators clearly had no idea how to deal with the eye holes when he takes that mask off and it really bothers me.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Thanks for ruining that clip for me forever, rear end in a top hat. :mad:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Talk about a knee-trembler, Matt's entire torso goes missing!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Dr_Amazing posted:

This show was a special sort of genius.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lJq2PAI-Fxc

It really was.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

sassassin posted:

When Spartans shout about freedom you are supposed to laugh at the funny joke.

Frank Miller posted:

The Spartans were a paradoxical people. They were the biggest slave owners in Greece. But at the same time, Spartan women had an unusual level of rights. It's a paradox that they were a bunch of people who in many ways were fascist, but they were the bulwark against the fall of democracy. ... I didn't want to render Sparta in overly accurate terms, because ultimately I do want you to root for the Spartans. I couldn't show them being quite as cruel as they were. I made them as cruel as I thought a modern audience could stand.
Maybe not so much.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

John Big Booty posted:

Maybe not so much.
A lot of people interpret much of Frank Miller's work as satire. Love him or hate him, it is very clear based on interviews and his catalogue as a whole that absolutely none of it is.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This right here is definitely my favorite moment in all of justice league. The delivery is just so perfect.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

In season 1, he mentions to a certain character that it is on all the time but must focus "to let it in". He was talking about hearing but I bet he can manage how intense he experiences taste.
loving comics.

bullshit i mean i obviously accept it but in real life you can totally zone out a bit and ignore sounds, but tastes of that intensity?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda thinking that pepper spray is probably the best thing to ever use against Daredevil.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I'm kinda thinking that pepper spray is probably the best thing to ever use against Daredevil.

Better than Professor Xavier's weakness.

But Daredevil's powers don't make a lot of sense anyway. One of his things is that he can take a punch, really take a drat beating. Yet his touch is sensitive enough that he doesn't need braille to read, he can feel the raised ink on the page. So really a slap should send him to the hospital in agony.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

But Daredevil's powers don't make a lot of sense anyway. One of his things is that he can take a punch, really take a drat beating. Yet his touch is sensitive enough that he doesn't need braille to read, he can feel the raised ink on the page. So really a slap should send him to the hospital in agony.

Pain is conducted by different nerves! :eng101:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

Pain is conducted by different nerves! :eng101:

yet cotton sheets are so irritating he can't sleep on them.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Short-lived superhero show Alphas had a character who had super senses.

She was basically always in agony or revolted by something.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Elfgames posted:

yet cotton sheets are so irritating he can't sleep on them.

Itching is separate from pain too!

Get some itching powder and you'll incapacitate daredevil for years.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
he said it was painful :mad:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Elfgames posted:

he said it was painful :mad:

He was just being dramatic

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Short-lived superhero show Alphas had a character who had super senses.

She was basically always in agony or revolted by something.

See also Spook in the Mistborn series. I guess Daredevil wouldn't be nearly as interesting as a main character if he couldn't punch people out because it hurt too much to touch anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In a recent run he had a moment where he was fighting someone who had the same powers as him and he tried to slow them down by turning on the sprinklers in the building they were in, revealing that rain really screws up his powers.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Whatev posted:

A lot of people interpret much of Frank Miller's work as satire. Love him or hate him, it is very clear based on interviews and his catalogue as a whole that absolutely none of it is.

You could argue that it doesn't matter what his personal interpretation is, and that one can enjoy it as a satire even if that's not the original intent.

Edit: personally I like 300 because it's a fun movie about people who are good at fighting, but if you need to pretend it's a satire to justify enjoying it, I guess you can

Scientastic has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Mar 24, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think, despite the fact that it was annoying when underway, I enjoyed what happened when Iris finds out about the deception in Flash. Just the fact that Barry trying to weasel out of being yelled at just dragged the others down with him:

"I..I wanted to tell you but Joe said that..."
"Dad knew too?"
"Well Eddie really wanted to tel you but..."
"EDDIE KNEW!?"

And she just spends a few episodes really pissed off at everyone in the cast for treating her like an idiot, which is fair.

I also liked in the latest series with Earth 2 Harrison Wells (or, Harry) basically telling Barry that if it came down to a choice between Barry or Harry's Daughter, he would betray Barry hard, and then when push comes to shove, and Iris get's injured due to Harry stealing some of Barry's speed, he admits fault. He admits what he did and how he did it, explains his reasoning and accepts the consequences with no fuss. Then is taken aback when Barry comes to him in his cage and just goes, "Come on, you're going home... and we're coming too. Let's get to Earth 2 and save your daughter :3:"

That was a pretty great plotline.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

John Big Booty posted:

Maybe not so much.

Frank Miller did not direct the movie 300, or write the script.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

BioEnchanted posted:

I think, despite the fact that it was annoying when underway, I enjoyed what happened when Iris finds out about the deception in Flash. Just the fact that Barry trying to weasel out of being yelled at just dragged the others down with him:

"I..I wanted to tell you but Joe said that..."
"Dad knew too?"
"Well Eddie really wanted to tel you but..."
"EDDIE KNEW!?"

And she just spends a few episodes really pissed off at everyone in the cast for treating her like an idiot, which is fair.

I also liked in the latest series with Earth 2 Harrison Wells (or, Harry) basically telling Barry that if it came down to a choice between Barry or Harry's Daughter, he would betray Barry hard, and then when push comes to shove, and Iris get's injured due to Harry stealing some of Barry's speed, he admits fault. He admits what he did and how he did it, explains his reasoning and accepts the consequences with no fuss. Then is taken aback when Barry comes to him in his cage and just goes, "Come on, you're going home... and we're coming too. Let's get to Earth 2 and save your daughter :3:"

That was a pretty great plotline.

Agreed, I'm really liking the way Flash is fleshing out, it's leagues ahead of Arrow which just started going south mid season 2, introducing way too many characters, the flashbacks becoming some weird Lost-esque plot and generally becoming just a massive poo poo show.

I'm also really enjoying the steady pace of Gotham, season 2 has kept it all on par with season 1.

But this isn't a thread about stuff we like...

Was just discussing with a friend of mine about SWVII:FA ... After watching it a couple times it feels like the dialogue was really forced to either describe a characters past or lead on the plot in a very Tell rather than Show way, which is the opposite of what a good film should be.

I mean, i still liked it but it was very hand holdy as far as dialogue and plot development.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're still on Flash season 1, I have bad news for you.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

If you're still on Flash season 1, I have bad news for you.

What, they made more?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

ALFbrot posted:

What, they made more?

I've found season 2 fine so far. Nothing egregious has jumped out at me yet and I'm still enjoying the character dynamics. If the above comment has you worried, just watch and form your own opinion.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How bad does the relationship drama get in the Flash? That's one of the major things that bring down CW shows.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Gaunab posted:

How bad does the relationship drama get in the Flash? That's one of the major things that bring down CW shows.

Season 2 has a relationship with a new cop in the Metahuman Task force that was interesting but Barry couldn't help but blow it by trying to keep secrets again. That's as bad as season 2 gets though - also she knows that Barry is the Flash by the end of it then breaks it off because he can't just be honest, but also leaves town to go to a forensic school she'd always wanted to go to. That's as bad as season 2 gets

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

BioEnchanted posted:

Season 2 has a relationship with a new cop in the Metahuman Task force that was interesting but Barry couldn't help but blow it by trying to keep secrets again. That's as bad as season 2 gets though - also she knows that Barry is the Flash by the end of it then breaks it off because he can't just be honest, but also leaves town to go to a forensic school she'd always wanted to go to. That's as bad as season 2 gets

This is correct. It's no Arrow...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Season 2 has King Shark so it's automatically my favorite show.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

By the way I've realised why I have no interest in seeing Batman Vs Superman - the colour palette is so dull. The scenes are either Black and Blue or Black and Orange. That's not a movie. That's a movie poster.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Season 2 of the Flash is the Iron Man 2 of Flash seasons. They spend all their time setting up other people's poo poo and I loving hate it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

By the way I've realised why I have no interest in seeing Batman Vs Superman - the colour palette is so dull. The scenes are either Black and Blue or Black and Orange. That's not a movie. That's a movie poster.

They did the same downsaturation tweaking in post as Man of Steel did?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

Season 2 of the Flash is the Iron Man 2 of Flash seasons. They spend all their time setting up other people's poo poo and I loving hate it.

I liked Iron Man 2, but I guess I have a high tolerance for bad movies. I liked the moments with the villain working on his drones, they did well to humanize him. Just loved him with his Dreadlocks tied back into a ponytail with a screwdriver in his mouth and a tiny pair of reading glasses. :3:

Also though it was neat the way he reacted to the bird. Any other movie with that archetype would likely have had him kill the new bird out of a show of force, because it wasn't his bird, but he bonded with it and found himself liking the lil' guy just as much as his original bird. He was a dull character overall but he had moments that I liked.

It's the same reason I'm enjoying Vandal Savage in the TV stuff, he has little moments like when he is first introduced and he laughs at one of Barry's jokes at the expense of his intro speech. It's a small giggle that goes straight to stony face again afterward but it's the little moments of the person behind the badass poking through that I enjoy.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 22:17 on Mar 24, 2016

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Got around to seeing The Danish Girl, and while they did very well pronouncing Danish names & places, they hilariously had Denmark as a mountainous country. Pretty much every Danish scene outside Copenhagen had mountains.

IRL Denmark is almost as flat as the Netherlands. Our highest point is 170 meters above the sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Got around to seeing The Danish Girl, and while they did very well pronouncing Danish names & places, they hilariously had Denmark as a mountainous country. Pretty much every Danish scene outside Copenhagen had mountains.

IRL Denmark is almost as flat as the Netherlands. Our highest point is 170 meters above the sea.

I like the car chase scene in venice from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The person who pointed it out to me said it made as much sense as a gondola chase through the white house rose garden.