Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me
I'll get back to you all on the hot spring water situation in my tub. Didn't know Bali had hot springs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TetsuoTW posted:

I live in an apartment.

I sleep in a big bed with my wife

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I sleep on the floor of a semi outdoor bar surrounded by kittens.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I generally dont sleep

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Atlas Hugged posted:

I sleep on the floor of a semi outdoor bar surrounded by kittens.

I haven't found one of these here in Taiwan yet, I might have to move back to Thailand

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Chantilly Say posted:

I haven't found one of these here in Taiwan yet, I might have to move back to Thailand

There's a cat-friendly cafe near shi da.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pandemonium posted:

All I'm hearing is a bunch of jealous closet-dwellers. Or perhaps people who live with a bunch of roommates out of necessity.

grand fromage plz change my name to jealous closet-dweller

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Spanish Matlock posted:

So quaint Taipei is. So very quaint.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

There's one of those near where I work and there's never any drat cats there :argh:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

House Louse posted:

There's one of those near where I work and there's never any drat cats there :argh:

June Bar, or that other one on Wenhua that our boss keeps wanting to go back to but we somehow never have the time? Actually, have you been to that one? With like the thousands of mixed drinks with crazy names and combinations?

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 23, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

There's a whole village full of cats just outside Taipei though.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TetsuoTW posted:

There's a whole village full of cats just outside Taipei though.

Houtong fuckin' owns, and I like Stray Cats Cafe in Sanchong as far as cat cafes go.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
the cat cafe in shida makes a good bourbon-coffee and is just a chill piss-smellin' place to grade homework or just chill

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i try to avoid going to sanchong because if i want to go to a place that smells like piss i'll just go to the cat cafe in shida

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

duckfarts posted:

Houtong fuckin' owns, and I like Stray Cats Cafe in Sanchong as far as cat cafes go.

You do know those cats are all strays that no one takes care of, right? People literally go there to abandon their cats. It's exploitative, and I've heard most cats there are disease-ridden furballs. Not to mention the place probably smells like cat piss everywhere.

What Taiwan doesn't need is a place where stray animals are romanticized or however you weirdos who go there think of them. Or did you not know Taiwanese are renowned for buying a cat or dog, realizing they can't take care of it/it's a lot of work, and then driving somewhere out of town to abandon it?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hahahahahahahaha

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I've said it once and I'll say it again, Pandemonium owns. He owns.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Two articles approaching the problem.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2016/01/02/2003636260

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2014/08/13/2003597322

Most of the English-related material online appears to be uncritical (from my two minutes on Google), but if any of you lot can read Chinese, here's a good Facebook page related to how dumb Houtong is (also from the same two minutes on Google--different search though, of course):

https://www.facebook.com/notes/745053402203740/

Edit: A bunch of teenagers more or less get it.

http://www.globalschoolnet.org/gsncf/narrative_view.cfm?pID=7779

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 24, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I stand by my previous post.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Taiwan does have a poor attitude towards animals, though.

quadrophrenic posted:

i try to avoid going to sanchong because if i want to go to a place that smells like piss i'll just go to the cat cafe in shida

Lucky bastard, if I want to go somewhere that smells like piss all the time I have to go to work

YF19pilot posted:

June Bar, or that other one on Wenhua that our boss keeps wanting to go back to but we somehow never have the time? Actually, have you been to that one? With like the thousands of mixed drinks with crazy names and combinations?

No, different place. On Zhongyi St I think.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

House Louse posted:

Taiwan does have a poor attitude towards animals, though.
Seriously, some of the riverside parks in Taipei may as well be relabeled "dog dump".

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TetsuoTW posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Pandemonium owns. He owns.

good posts. i like the cut of your jibs.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

TetsuoTW posted:

Seriously, some of the riverside parks in Taipei may as well be relabeled "dog dump".

Friend of mine swears to god he saw a dog with a human hand in one of the parks once.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Pandemonium posted:

You do know those cats are all strays that no one takes care of, right? People literally go there to abandon their cats. It's exploitative, and I've heard most cats there are disease-ridden furballs. Not to mention the place probably smells like cat piss everywhere.

What Taiwan doesn't need is a place where stray animals are romanticized or however you weirdos who go there think of them. Or did you not know Taiwanese are renowned for buying a cat or dog, realizing they can't take care of it/it's a lot of work, and then driving somewhere out of town to abandon it?

/

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
Wasn't it only a few months ago the Vietnamese or indonesian immigrants were asked to stop eating the strays by some Minister or other.

I cant help but feel that's a little short sighted if the ministry.

In completely unrelated news I have to do a speech at a wedding in Kaohsiung this weekend. I think I have enough time to see some monkeys, any other suggestions spring to mind?

(disclaimer: bear in mind I'm exceptionally lazy, i don't really like being a tourist, or countryside folk and their heathen ways)

thegoat
Jan 26, 2004
I hear it's pretty easy to slip onto a restricted military base and get some excellent photos of the ships in the harbor. Another goon might have more information though.

Pier 2 is a nice area with some interesting stuff.

Wakey Wakey is a restaurant / place to drink that's on Lotus Pond that is nice.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

thegoat posted:

I hear it's pretty easy to slip onto a restricted military base and get some excellent photos of the ships in the harbor. Another goon might have more information though.

Pier 2 is a nice area with some interesting stuff.

Wakey Wakey is a restaurant / place to drink that's on Lotus Pond that is nice.

hahaha - if I can get picture on the military base I totally will. Being a convicted spai is way better than being a tourist.

Cheers for those, that's very likely my gonna be my itinerary.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Slip onto the base and line him a photo.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Hey did any of you guys vote in the Americans Abroad primary? Bernie apparently won it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

url posted:

hahaha - if I can get picture on the military base I totally will. Being a convicted spai is way better than being a tourist.

Cheers for those, that's very likely my gonna be my itinerary.
Yeah Pier 2 rules and if the weather's not poo poo there's a decent enough beach at Qijin, a short walk and ferry ride from Xiziwan MRT station.

Oh poo poo no I know, you really should go eat a dick at Funny Sex.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah Pier 2 rules and if the weather's not poo poo there's a decent enough beach at Qijin, a short walk and ferry ride from Xiziwan MRT station.

I can only really count on free time on Sunday. But, yours and dudes suggestions are duely noted.

Its nice to be told to eat a dick by friends.

:3:

P.s. If you and panda do have a fight, I'll get yo back, bra.

Also: http://news.china.com.au/2016/03/重磅%EF%BC%9A新西兰%EF%BC%8C加拿大%EF%BC%8C英国%EF%BC%8C澳洲即将四国互通/zh-hk/

potentially, we're potentially gonna be countrymen soon.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm loving the boob hot pot. That place looks hilarious.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Matlock posted:

Friend of mine swears to god he saw a dog with a human hand in one of the parks once.

Kenting was lousy with strays.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I stole this wonderful picture---thanks hahaha

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Spanish Matlock posted:

Hey did any of you guys vote in the Americans Abroad primary? Bernie apparently won it.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

I thought Carnegies was the cougar hangout, I must be out of touch

:S

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
carnegies is the fat white pedophile hangout

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one to take a pic of this. My girlfriend couldn't understand why it was funny.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Which goon is that? Or are you self-referentially posting, you sly devil, you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

Which goon is that? Or are you self-referentially posting, you sly devil, you?
No he definitely voted in Taiwan.