Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scyantific posted:

The Flash backdoor pilot sucked too, but then season 1 turned out great.

This is very true. I ended up hating Cisco and Caitlin and by this season they were the only likable characters left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If it was a short series, like a summer replacement for 10 weeks it would probably be fine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
That wasn't really a backdoor pilot, it just introduced the character of Barry Allen. There was a plan to do a proper one where he has powers and poo poo but the network dug the pitch enough they just ordered the series.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

X-O posted:

If you're asking me if I want to see a show starring Palicki, Blood, Delroy Lindo, and Oded Fehr then the answer is yes. If you're asking me if that episode sold me on the premise of the show then no. Because I'm not sure that did anything really to set up the premise of the show other than to get them off this show.
Wait Oded Fehr is in it too? :stare:

Wonder who he's going to be

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

achillesforever6 posted:

Wait Oded Fehr is in it too? :stare:

Wonder who he's going to be

Yeah, he was just cast today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Yeah, he was just cast today.

That earns a three episode watch from me at the very least.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Really enjoyed S2 of Daredevil. Loved Frank, ambivalent on Elektra. Matt having his head up his rear end for most of the season was expected.

Best moment: Episode 10. Matt attempting to intimidate the gently caress out of Fisk and then getting table slammed repeatedly before Fisk counter-intimidates to perfection.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rhyno posted:

That earns a three episode watch from me at the very least.
He will always hold a special place in my heart because those 1st two Mummy movies were great to watch as a kid, same reason I like Brendan Fraser and John Hannah. It took till the Scorpion King for me to like the Rock though

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

achillesforever6 posted:

He will always hold a special place in my heart because those 1st two Mummy movies were great to watch as a kid, same reason I like Brendan Fraser and John Hannah. It took till the Scorpion King for me to like the Rock though

He was excellent in Sleeper Cell too. Him and Michael Ealy made that a great watch.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mortanis posted:

Really enjoyed S2 of Daredevil. Loved Frank, ambivalent on Elektra. Matt having his head up his rear end for most of the season was expected.

Best moment: Episode 10. Matt attempting to intimidate the gently caress out of Fisk and then getting table slammed repeatedly before Fisk counter-intimidates to perfection.

that scene was really, really good. I love how completely blindsided Matt is by it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that scene was really, really good. I love how completely blindsided Matt is by it.

Really? I got the feeling he was pushing ______Fisk______ into that. After all, Matt got the confirmation he wanted out of it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Nah I got the impression Matt got caught off guard. Going to Fisk was a desperate move in the first place and he really didn't end up gaining anything from anything that was "confessed."

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I love how completely blindsided Matt is
:downsrim:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Really? I got the feeling he was pushing ______Fisk______ into that. After all, Matt got the confirmation he wanted out of it.

He got what he wanted, but he also got his rear end kicked and it seemed to come as a bit of a surprise. His "woah, what just happened?" look is priceless

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Nah I got the impression Matt got caught off guard. Going to Fisk was a desperate move in the first place and he really didn't end up gaining anything from anything that was "confessed."

Yes he did. He learned that yes, Fisk was responsible for Frank getting out. And that Kingpin was amassing power in jail. He took a beating because Matt Murdock is a blind guy. Remember, he's a human lie detector and especially knows how to push Fisk's buttons. It's why he starts talking about Vanessa when all other lines of questioning don't work.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah he learned that stuffs but...basically, so what? None of that helps him in any way. The deed is done and there's nothing Matt can do about any of it short of trying to catch Castle again, which is what he was gonna do anyway. It felt like he just went to Fisk because his ego was bruised and raw after days of getting poo poo on, and he needed to feel like he got the upper hand on someone. So he goes "I know it was you, you might have fooled everyone else but you can't fool me" to which Fisk just replies "lol okay"

(Actually the meeting did accomplish something else...it made Fisk suspect Matt's real identity. Oh Matthew. :allears:)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

By the look on Matt's face I was sure he thought he hosed up big time by going there. Not just because of what happened to him, but because of the specific consequences it has for others.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

By the look on Matt's face I was sure he thought he hosed up big time by going there. Not just because of what happened to him, but because of the specific consequences it has for others.

They all but said that season 3 is Born Again with that scene.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz-L posted:

They all but said that season 3 is Born Again with that scene.

I'm predicting a mix of that and Daredevil getting outed/The Devil in Cell Block D. Or maybe they'll save that for Season 4.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I'm predicting a mix of that and Daredevil getting outed/The Devil in Cell Block D. Or maybe they'll save that for Season 4.

I worry that the kingpin/punisher action in this season will weaken devil in cell block D if they go there.

Like, it would be incredible if Pun doesn't show up at all next season, season ends with Matt going to jail. Then 3, maybe 4 episodes into s4, we get the scene where Punisher turns himself in at the diner (shot from the back with a new haircut so you don't see his face till the last shot) as the end of episode stinger.

But I'm not sure how they do that now that the Kingpin in prison was a huge season 2 moment and he and punisher already teamed up. I would to see it work though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is DD gonna be like a seven or eight season show?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
It was, as I recall, just a 1 season dip before they knew how amazing the Netflix shows were doing. Now? Until it's no longer making GBS threads money into Disney's lap. If the actors are up for it 5 to 8 is maybe doable.

God I hope so. I'd sack most all the Marvel movies for a solid Netflix tv run.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, I think at this point Marvel TV is established like Marvel comics is, only instead of writers and artists, we'll be following actors and directors (and probably also writers).

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Born Again is cool and all but there is a certain part I hope they go nowhere near. You know

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah I hope Thor doesn't show up.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

omg chael crash posted:

Born Again is cool and all but there is a certain part I hope they go nowhere near. You know

I've been wondering how they will mange that, Karen has a long way to fall between seasons if they are going to stick to the comic.

Just thinking about it, Ben is dead and Karen works at a paper (probably) so will Karen be Ben? And if Karen is Ben, who's Karen?

yaffle fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 24, 2016

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Do we know if Defenders is supposed to be next year? Are going to end up with a third season of DD before the crossover?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

yaffle posted:

I've been wondering how they will mange that, Karen has a long way to fall between seasons if they are going to stick to the comic.

Just thinking about it, Ben is dead and Karen works at a paper (probably) so will Karen be Ben? And if Karen is Ben, who's Karen?

Foggy?

Has there been any outrage about DD killing all the minority characters.

Because I'm just waiting for that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mr Hootington posted:

Foggy?

Has there been any outrage about DD killing all the minority characters.

Because I'm just waiting for that.

Daredevil doesn't see race

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

yaffle posted:

Foggy.

Foggy Nelson in Foggy Bottom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Foggy trading sex for heroin and a ride to NYC.

I just read Born Again, people make it sound like the Karen Page stuff is played for lurid enjoyment, but it's as much her redemption story as Matt's.

I mean her whole plot is packed to the gills with exploitative anti-woman Frank Miller pulp bullshit but she's not a joke in it.

Also I had no idea that Nuke was invented as a DD villain but it makes his inclusion in JJ make more sense.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I would just like to re-establish that watching Daredevil with the Audio Description turned on is the superior way to watch. Every action is like 10% more intense with the very serious narration behind it, and it's timed so well between dialogue.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I just finished rewatching the first season of Daredevil, and the finale episode really was a total mess. It has the worst fight choreography of the whole season. I wonder whether there's always some kind of crunch that lead the people behind it to sort of gently caress up the end of each season.

At least the season was resolved well enough that they didn't feel the need to add like fifteen codas to the finale.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I don't know if casting is spoiling or anything but my landlord said that they are filming some Marvel pilot tv show thing at his house and it's starring Dan Stevens. He couldn't remember the name of the show though, but this might be it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

I don't know if casting is spoiling or anything but my landlord said that they are filming some Marvel pilot tv show thing at his house and it's starring Dan Stevens. He couldn't remember the name of the show though, but this might be it.

No, Dan Stevens is in the Legion series for Fox.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

No, Dan Stevens is in the Legion series for Fox.

My mistake then.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who was the Red head working for the hand at the end? Head cannon says she's Typhoid Mary, but no one ever referred to her by any name.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maybe she was just in there to show that The Hand isn't just Japanese dudes and has members globally.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Who was the Red head working for the hand at the end? Head cannon says she's Typhoid Mary, but no one ever referred to her by any name.

She's credited as Tyler.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tylerphoid Mary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted: