Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I'm really liking this cycle of cards with X-Madness costs. Have we seen the green and white ones yet?

There are no green or white ones, madness is just in URB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

C-Euro posted:

I'm really liking this cycle of cards with X-Madness costs. Have we seen the green and white ones yet?

From yesterday:

Gavin Verhey posted:

Avacyn's Judgment is a member of a three-card cycle of rares in Shadows over Innistrad. (They appear in the madness colors: red, blue, and black.) The way these all work is they do a cool thing at a locked-in number for their mana cost. But if you manage to discard one, you can turn it into an X spell!

e: What's the blue one, anyway?

Elyv fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 24, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Does that also mean no g/w madness in general?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Full spoiler tomorrow I guess.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Rinkles posted:

Yes

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Zombie card is nice, I'm thinking about BW tokens in the new standard right now, especially if there's a good enabler to fire this at instant speed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Yeah looks like, which is kinda weird since the whole story is about Angels going crazy

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ExpiNKZWKw

La la la la la la la la.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Zombie card is nice, I'm thinking about BW tokens in the new standard right now, especially if there's a good enabler to fire this at instant speed.

I don't think there are enough. Especially with no Raise the Alarm or anything good other than Secure the Wastes. You're also losing the KTK Sorin which is great in that shell.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I like that two of the main mechanical themes, madness and investigate, are spread across wedges and not just a guild. That should
make drafting a bit more interesting.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah looks like, which is kinda weird since the whole story is about Angels going crazy

the angels are delirious instead

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

mcmagic posted:

This is borderline playable even without the Madness... 6 power and toughness and 3 life for 5 mana?

The zombies entering tapped really kills cards like this. RIP Empty the Pits

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

Elyv posted:

From yesterday:

e: What's the blue one, anyway?

The mind control, Welcome To The Fold

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elyv posted:

what is even the difference

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
it's kinda weird to have two words that mean the same thing as mechanics in the same block now that i think about it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Terrible Horse posted:

The zombies entering tapped really kills cards like this. RIP Empty the Pits

Yeah but the life isn't unrelevant... I did say borderline.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think Madness is your creatures/cards being crazy, while Delirium represents the player losing their mind.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Captain Capitalism posted:

There are no green or white ones, madness is just in URB.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I still like it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think Madness is your creatures/cards being crazy, while Delirium represents the player losing their mind.

That makes sense, gives a pretty good flavor to Mindwrack Demon I like

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

mcmagic posted:

unrelevant

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

That's really unexciting un-mythic-feeling green mythic there. It looks like a card that got nerfed in development somehow at the last minute.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's kinda weird to have two words that mean the same thing as mechanics in the same block now that i think about it

Technically, I think delirium is more like disorder and confusion. "Madness" could include coherent-seeming thoughts that just happen to have no connection to reality.

Mind you, I don't think they actually made any attempt to play up the distinction, but it'd be cool if they had.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I much prefer an aggressive ability over a defensive one on a mythic green hydra.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you discard a Madness Sorcery card at instant speed, can you cast it at instant speed for it's Madness cost?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

If you discard a Madness Sorcery card at instant speed, can you cast it at instant speed for it's Madness cost?

yes

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Elyv posted:

Except for the GW angel!

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, it's like Miracle that way.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

mcmagic posted:

All madness cards can be cast when they're discarded - creatures, sorcery, whatever.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

mcmagic posted:

You actually can't cast sorceries off madness at all. The madness keyword is just there for decoration.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Yes. Just like suspend, you are casting it through an action of an ability, so normal timing restrictions do not apply.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thx. Thats what I thought.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
https://www.change.org/p/wizards-of-the-coast-wizards-of-the-coast-remove-pes-from-your-gp-organizer-s-short-list

These things don't work, right? I was planning on driving down to Columbus, and PES has shown that they can basically do whatever they want and people will still attend.

Professional Event Services: "gently caress you, pay me"

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

Except for the GW angel!

I assumed it was because she was hexproof last set

except she's not hexproof this set so welp

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Actually, you can only cast them any time you could declare blockers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

https://www.change.org/p/wizards-of-the-coast-wizards-of-the-coast-remove-pes-from-your-gp-organizer-s-short-list

These things don't work, right? I was planning on driving down to Columbus, and PES has shown that they can basically do whatever they want and people will still attend.

Professional Event Services: "gently caress you, pay me"

GPAC was PES and it was fine. GP Pitt was a disaster. Who knows.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Madness cards can only be cast when you don't have priority

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

That's really unexciting un-mythic-feeling green mythic there. It looks like a card that got nerfed in development somehow at the last minute.

i guess they thought angels are op so make it have reach instead of trample? idk it's pretty stupid i agree

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Elyv posted:

I assumed it was because she was hexproof last set

except she's not hexproof this set so welp

obviously, she sacrificed her own hexproof to give her color pair hexproof from madness

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Entropic posted:

Right? That last ability had to have started as something else. A one-shot ramp effect is incredibly underwhelming on a 6-drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Arbor Colossus feels 10x more mythic in comparison (and it's rare) as a green 6-drop with Reach (of all the boring abilities they could have picked).

• Locked thread