Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jerry Cotton posted:

The snail's antennae are on the wrong loving end.

I'm pretty sure the underscores are supposed to be the slime trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

I'm pretty sure the underscores are supposed to be the slime trail.

Eww gross. Here's a much more realistic one:

~~~~_@_//

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

theultimo posted:

It's sad, hatchbacks are still viable but no one makes them anymore

They're still pretty much standard in Europe, so someone's definitely making them!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

feedmegin posted:

They're still pretty much standard in Europe, so someone's definitely making them!

You can definitely still get hatchbacks in the US. Buddy of mine just bought a 2016 Subaru WRX hatchy, and I know the Civic at least still comes in a hatchback version.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
wtf there's tons of hatchback models sold in the US (not that I approve) but VW makes two separate hatchbacks, Fiats are now available in the US, MINI Cooper has multiple models, etc. pretty much every brand makes one

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

wtf there's tons of hatchback models sold in the US (not that I approve) but VW makes two separate hatchbacks, Fiats are now available in the US, MINI Cooper has multiple models, etc. pretty much every brand makes one

And yet no hot hatches really, other then GTI

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

hatchbacks are the nickleback of cars

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

mrwuss posted:

hatchbacks are the nickleback of cars

don't say something you can't take back!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

theultimo posted:

Ford and Honda make compelling hot hatches

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

theultimo posted:

As far as I can see a hot hatch is just a hatchback with performance specs, in which case the Focus RS, Civic SI and WRX STI all fit that bill

Plus whatever that performance model of the Fiat 500 is called

e: also anything I didn't mention on this list:

http://www.revvedmag.com/features/editorials-opinions/hottest-hot-hatches-top-10-most-tunable-2016-hatchbacks/

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Mar 24, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

drunk asian neighbor posted:

You can definitely still get hatchbacks in the US. Buddy of mine just bought a 2016 Subaru WRX hatchy, and I know the Civic at least still comes in a hatchback version.

I'm pretty sure he didn't get a 2016. A lot of people are pissed that Subaru hasn't made a wrx this generation

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

GutBomb posted:

I'm pretty sure he didn't get a 2016. A lot of people are pissed that Subaru hasn't made a wrx this generation

http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/wrx/models-specs.html ?

I might be wrong about the hatchback part but it's definitely a 2016 WRX

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Sorry, I was phone posting. I meant a 2016 WRX Hatchback.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

E: yeah no hatchback

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

theultimo posted:

E: yeah no hatchback

Yeah, as both me and Gutbomb literally just concluded.

Doesn't change the fact that there are a bunch of other hot hatches currently being produced.

e: not to mention 2015/2016 were the first years they didn't do a hatchback WRX and there's been a lot of backlash so clearly the market still exists

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

hatchbacklash

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hatchbackdatassup

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

to bring this back around to the internet relics, I remember a good blog/website circa 2002 or so that used to just post pictures of ricer cars (around when the first Fast & Furious was huge) that would just absolutely tear them up for how idiotic some of modifications were. I don't know if it was popular or not :/

Does this ring any bells? Is there any place I can go and laugh at tuners nowadays?

Anti-rice maybe

Had that old crx with a wood body kit and folgers can exhaust

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
A 2016 Subaru wrx IS a computer relic I agree, and furthermore

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Nobody asked you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

This tired shtick comes up time and time again

Sorry that after 98 pages people start talking about other poo poo I guess? Should we close the thread now?

Regardless of the actual topic this thread is full of people having civil and fun discussions on a variety of subjects which already puts it above like 95% of the threads in GBS as far as content

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So uh, who remembers Neopets?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Dumb middle school friend tried to get me to join, never did. hosed around in Coke Music a bunch, and cybered with people who may or may not have actually been girls. Didn't really do anything for me so I have no idea why I did it.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

Dumb middle school friend tried to get me to join, never did. hosed around in Coke Music a bunch, and cybered with people who may or may not have actually been girls. Didn't really do anything for me so I have no idea why I did it.

Coke Music and Habbo Hotel were all the rage round these parts. :geno:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Coke Music was that game that was like Habbo Hotel wasn't it? I remember there were rooms where you would get in a line that went around the room. When you got to the front, you were allowed to play the song you made and then everyone would thumbs up it or whatever and you'd get in game money. It was pretty fun.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Coke Music was that game that was like Habbo Hotel wasn't it? I remember there were rooms where you would get in a line that went around the room. When you got to the front, you were allowed to play the song you made and then everyone would thumbs up it or whatever and you'd get in game money. It was pretty fun.
Yeah. It was also considerably less ugly than Habbo. I did go into Habbo and tried to rage kids from overseas about the Iraq War, oops.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

My friend used to play with Habbo a lot. I had no clue what it was until all the 4chan griefing ten or so years ago.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wasnt there some ancient sa vs habbo hotel thread?

I remember a screencap "you have been banned for the following reason: selling drugs to kids"

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

I do, but weren't they some weird scientology thing or something completely unexpected?

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
-

an actual frog has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Jun 24, 2020

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

Neopets never get deleted. They never die. They're still there, starving, waiting for you to come back online and feed them.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Light Gun Man posted:

Neopets never get deleted. They never die. They're still there, starving, waiting for you to come back online and feed them.

I wonder if my tomagatchi has gained sentience yet

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If something like Coke Music still existed, I'd probably play it to kill some time. Seems like it would be a good phone game.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was in Patriotic Nigras from the start in 2006 to some time in 2009. Then I decided I should probably grow up because while griefkng broken people in Second Life is fun it's also really time consuming.

Checked in on Second Life happenings recently and this one crazy bitch still thinks Linden Labs freated PN to persecute her.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cojawfee posted:

Did that a bunch back in 2005, right around the time I got broadband (because the pictures would finally load quickly).

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I spent hours playing Newgrounds games in the early 2000s. Probably because I was a young, and didn't have a job that would afford me real games on a consistent basis. Also there was the fact that they were usually trying to be edgy and I liked that. I think I first found mu way there to see the Teletubby assassin game, which seemed leaps and bounds above any of the various Kill Barney games.

I wonder what's going to happen to all that stuff with Flash dying out?

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

What about Planetarion? Massive online text strategy game of crazy

Way fun back in the day, as a middle schooler

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Anyone else do alien adoption agency? It was pretty fun until you wander into the PVP area and then your alien is essentially dead forever because someone will instantly kill you when your alien resets at the end of the day.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What the heck was the name of that web app from like 4 years ago where you took turns playing songs dj style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Walked posted:

What about Planetarion? Massive online text strategy game of crazy

Way fun back in the day, as a middle schooler

I played this starting in season 3 when the go to fleet was mass emp ship. The game was alarm clocking attacks/defenses and text message horror stories :pwn: