Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yeah only a moron with worthless time will watch all of it and go "my time isn't worthless!" at the end and capitulate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

John Jenkem Jingleheimer Schmitt

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

all his ideas were absolute poo poo!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/coolest-cooler-cash-crunch/

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I was like "oh yeah I remember reading that before what a sorry story" then saw that goddam it's round two of the same.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Speaking of fuckups, remind me: didn't goons donate like 60k to some hot dog food cart guy's bootstrap campaign only to have him piss it entirely up the wall and waste it completely with nothing to show whatsoever?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mister Sinewave posted:

Speaking of fuckups, remind me: didn't goons donate like 60k to some hot dog food cart guy's bootstrap campaign only to have him piss it entirely up the wall and waste it completely with nothing to show whatsoever?
http://doobies-doghouse.wikia.com/wiki/Doobie%27s_DogHouse_Wikia

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
does that wikia include the post from a mod pleading in the gbs thread for people to donate

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

does that wikia include the post from a mod pleading in the gbs thread for people to donate
there's like 15 threads linked in 'further reading'

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That was both not as bad and worse than I hazily recalled.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mister Sinewave posted:

It was actually a running business for like a year, which is pretty good considering how kickstartered restaurants usually go

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mister Sinewave posted:

That was both not as bad and worse than I hazily recalled.
gbs got super pissy over the flow hood incident, and that was before they found out some white guy in middle-of-nowhere, alabama was a racist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ahahaha

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
didn't some goon not buy Christmas gifts for his kids so he could give the money to doob

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
also not as funny as when lf bought that dude khakis

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

uncurable mlady posted:

i seem to remember people responding to people mocking them for donating getting responses like "OH YEAH well I just DONATED AGAIN"

and i also remember afterwards people being like well uh i i guess its his money sigh

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

when/what was this

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

when/what was this

lol, I found our government agent

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

uncurable mlady posted:

didn't some goon not buy Christmas gifts for his kids so he could give the money to doob

yes but the kids were like 30 or something

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1784334872/4-dimensional-operating-system

"Many times I have thought that to myself that computers would work better if you could just "add a two" in binary code. Because of advances in technology, it is now possible to do even more than that. My name is John Jenkins and my invention is called Busco Quadnary. This difference between my invention and traditional binary is that you can program in four dimensions right out of the box. This has tremendous implications for 3d graphics and gaming. Today, we use what are called Z-buffers to simulate 3 dimensions. With the use of 3d engines, games are able to deliver a quality approximation. What would make this simulation even better, however, would be if we could allow four dimensions to be built into the computer, at the machine language level. This is what I plan to do. "

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

someone kickstart a hip hop operating system pls

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

fishmech posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1784334872/4-dimensional-operating-system

"Many times I have thought that to myself that computers would work better if you could just "add a two" in binary code. Because of advances in technology, it is now possible to do even more than that. My name is John Jenkins and my invention is called Busco Quadnary. This difference between my invention and traditional binary is that you can program in four dimensions right out of the box. This has tremendous implications for 3d graphics and gaming. Today, we use what are called Z-buffers to simulate 3 dimensions. With the use of 3d engines, games are able to deliver a quality approximation. What would make this simulation even better, however, would be if we could allow four dimensions to be built into the computer, at the machine language level. This is what I plan to do. "

I look forward to seeing one guy design a modern processor using 4-state logic, then write a c compiler that targets that architecture, then get started on that operating system. What's his delivery timeline for that?

quote:

January 2017

Oh, well, I'm glad he built in some buffer time, I think there might be some unanticipated challenges.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SolTerrasa posted:

a modern processor using 4-state logic,

TimeCubeProc

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

counting to four = four dimensional

this guy is gonna :lsd: when he realises you can count to five

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Sweevo posted:

my fingers are ten dimensions

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sweevo posted:

ill kickstart 5-dimensional computing addins for his 4-dimensional computer

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

SolTerrasa posted:

I look forward to seeing one guy design a modern processor using 4-state logic, then write a c compiler that targets that architecture, then get started on that operating system. What's his delivery timeline for that?

modern procs already use 4value, nobody lets a X or Z stick around too long tho :v:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

someone tell him about tonal numbers so that he can design a bong-dimensional computer

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

modern procs already use 4value, nobody lets a X or Z stick around too long tho :v:

I wonder if you can get kickstarter to take your side in a dispute if you sort of, technically, under the loosest possible reading, fulfilled your promises. There's all sorts of money to be made there!

Sair
May 11, 2007

not budgeting for shipping is the saddest kickstarter failure

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

SolTerrasa posted:

I wonder if you can get kickstarter to take your side in a dispute if you sort of, technically, under the loosest possible reading, fulfilled your promises. There's all sorts of money to be made there!

lol kickstarter stays out of all disputes. it took them years just to start demanding that people have a working prototype for hardware

Apr 7, 2003

Dickfarter. haha

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol, I found our government agent

the government can't afford my yospos-approved figgies count

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

id like a figgie

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yo imma just leave this here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gurgle-a-vorish-trading-card-game#/

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm mostly just shocked that a furry fetish project isn't meeting its funding goal

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i'm mostly just shocked that a furry fetish project isn't meeting its funding goal

maybe the world is better than I thought and there actually aren't that many of the really strange fetish furries.

nah they just don't have enough also-awful-fetish friends to play a card game with.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
vorish

not vore but vore-esque

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Sham bam bamina! posted:

that doesn't matter, ~~flexible funding~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Snapchat A Titty posted:

someone kickstart a hip hop operating system pls

OS/Two Tribes

• Locked thread