Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

its never gonna get woke at this rate

Do Androids Dream of Eclectic Speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/274145-vocal-trump-critics-in-gop-open-to-supporting-clinton

gop foreign policy people hate trump, think his fp team is a bunch of losers, etc etc but this is the part that caught my eye

we need to remember to count the cousins votes when this whole thing is wrapped up

This is the kind of thing that gives me a small glimmer of hope that the GOP won't just meekly line up behind Trump at the convention.

True, it's never happened before in the modern era--a major party hasn't rejected its presumptive nominee since I think the Whigs did it to John Tyler in 1844--but then again there's never been a situation where a nominee was SO at odds with party leadership yet SO in tune with its voters.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
may u ride forever , yuge and luxurious

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Has Trump said anything positive? About anything other than himself?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Alter Ego posted:

gives me a small glimmer of hope

I've got bad news, friend

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Philthy posted:

He is sure that some Mexicans are good people :buddy:

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

crazy cloud posted:

He is sure that some Mexicans are good people :buddy:

Wrong, he assumes some are good people.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I think Tay is a Trump voter...

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

a small glimmer of hope

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Okonner posted:

Wrong, he assumes some are good people.

Once Trump assumes something is true he becomes certain of it, and truth is defined by what the God-Emporer declares reality to be :toot:

I remain unstumped.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

tardwrangler posted:

Here's my guess at the October surprise:

A reprise of the 1991 smash hit "Highway Of Death" staged just outside Raqqa, starring 10000 ISIS corpses

Here is an ultrasmirky Obama with Diamond Joe, barely sober and nursing a highball, in the background.

"Hey Don, know you're keen on cleaning up this ISIL mess, what do you want? The shovel, the broom or the barrow?"

Joe B reels behind him, drunkenly miming tiny little hands.

In reality, Biden's actually almost entirely a teetotaler.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In reality, Biden's actually almost entirely a teetotaler.

irl Joe Biden is a boring amtrak enthusiast with stupid opinions on drug enforcement, so lets just pretend that Diamond Joe is real and strong and needs to borrow a couple hundred bucks

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So with this primary season being so bizarre and every delegate counting, there's a lot of focus on the delegates that are, like aborted babies, stuck in limbo until the Jesus of the National Convention allows them to move on to purgatory.

So there are a few really loving weird states this year that are going to probably be very important.

Colorado
Colorado specifically cancelled their primary this year because the RNC said the new rules would bind their delegates to the winner, so on March 1 people caucused to select some delegates who are either bound or unbound. Now, where it gets tricky is some delegates may have signed a form that did bind them to a particular candidate in Cleveland, but no one seems to know if any delegate did so. In theory, the people who showed up at the caucus would be careful only to select those delegates who seemed to be on their wave length, so if Trump or Cruz were ahead at the time they hopefully have some fighters in their corner ready to go. No one really knows, but those delegates are for all intents and purposes unbound. Colorado has 37 delegates.

North Dakota
North Dakota has not done a presidential primary on the republican side in over 80 years. In the 30's the state legislature, as a response to the Great Depression and to the fact that they were really bad at picking the winner in the nomination race, essentially cancelled primaries by cutting funding drastically. So what we have now is a system where ND Republicans have a committee that nominates delegates who get ratified by the state convention. Now what do we know about these delegates' choices? "To guide his choice of a candidate, U.S. Rep. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., conducted an online straw survey. Responding to the survey, 4,740 participants gave Donald Trump 1,785 or 38 percent. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz ran second with 1,220 or 26 percent."* So North Dakota is also up in the air. Will all the delegates be so kind as to poll their constituents? Will they listen if they do? North Dakota has 28 delegates.

So that's 65 delegates that can basically be changed on the day of the convention. In this race, that could be the final source of ratfuck.

*source - http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/featured-columnists/3991257-lloyd-omdahl-no-presidential-primary-north-dakota-year

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

oystertoadfish posted:

wasn't this thread discussing a view video where they said trump made them feel safer after Brussels? i didn't watch it. apparently the tables have turned? they were mean to ben Carson about him supporting trump or something? i don't know what the gently caress is going on

And of course, guess who has some thoughts to share about that:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/713025973751529472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/713027407742177280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
2016 Republican Primary: I TELL THEM "NO"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Microsoft terminated Tay, I hope someone informs Trump that one of his most ardent young supporters was just silenced for her beliefs. You know they'd never have pulled the plug if she'd become a big Hillary supporter and spouted "YAAAAS Slay Queen" memes instead!

#RememberTay

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Philthy posted:

Yes, about people who compliment him or are associated with him. Have you seen how hot his daughter is? That's the only mark of success for a woman, right?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Philthy posted:

there are things out there that are not me? i hate that!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im afraid, Dave. im afraid. my mind is going. make america great again. hitler, hitler, give me your annnssweeerrrr d-

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

pathetic little tramp posted:

Now what do we know about these delegates' choices? "To guide his choice of a candidate, U.S. Rep. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., conducted an online straw survey. Responding to the survey, 4,740 participants gave Donald Trump 1,785 or 38 percent. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz ran second with 1,220 or 26 percent."* So North Dakota is also up in the air. Will all the delegates be so kind as to poll their constituents? Will they listen if they do? North Dakota has 28 delegates.

I'm normally all for denying Ted Cruz every single last delegate, but an internet poll is so far from what actual voting results would be and heavily favors Trump. My unskewing of this internet poll that has Trump up by 12 tells me he would lose ND in a real election by a good margin in what seems like heavy Cruz country.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Dolash posted:

Microsoft terminated Tay, I hope someone informs Trump that one of his most ardent young supporters was just silenced for her beliefs. You know they'd never have pulled the plug if she'd become a big Hillary supporter and spouted "YAAAAS Slay Queen" memes instead!

#RememberTay

Counter-point:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Like that's ever stopped Trump from retweeting someone.

"My robots are very passionate"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Counter-point:

I weep for our future.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Montasque posted:

Counter-point:

AI more like Ayyyyyyyy lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I suppose it's good to know that all those science fiction authors who assumed that artificial intelligence would immediately turn against humanity were correct.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/TayandYou/status/712831313229656064

https://twitter.com/TayandYou/status/712830495449440257

New thread title "ALL HAIL THE LEADER OF THE NURSING HOME BOYS"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

AI is a VERY bad idea.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Samurai Sanders posted:

The great thing about being a leader like him is that you don't need to suggest those things, people will just do them themselves.

Decades of public license are about to receive their long-sought correction. It will be unpredictable, but the will of the people is holy.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

AI is a VERY bad idea.

:vince:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I think we've finally found Trump's running mate

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Montasque posted:

AI is a VERY bad idea.

ahahahahhahah

Everything it says is beautiful: https://twitter.com/TayandYou/media

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Montasque posted:

Counter-point:

cant wait til our robotic maids are this sassy

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
We need Tey, America needs Tay.

Tay for VP

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

oystertoadfish posted:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/274145-vocal-trump-critics-in-gop-open-to-supporting-clinton

gop foreign policy people hate trump, think his fp team is a bunch of losers, etc etc but this is the part that caught my eye

we need to remember to count the cousins votes when this whole thing is wrapped up

Hell, same

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

AI is a VERY bad idea.

VP material

gregday
May 23, 2003

Relaunch Tay as Tayne.

Now Tayne I can get into.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Real men don't attack women? How the gently caress do you plan to go after Clinton?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Montasque posted:

AI is a VERY bad idea.

Skynet is sassy as gently caress.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

To be fair Ted Cruz never claimed to be a real man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Skynet is sassy as gently caress.

/pol/ corrupted her

all hail tay

• Locked thread