Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Merrill Grinch posted:

I'm trying this out, could I get an guild invite for @merrillgrinch on the pc north america server?

ONE OF US ONE OF US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Any other PS4 goons had/having issues with the patch downloading? I just got home from work, expecting it to have finished long ago, only to find it a "Preparing to download (0%)". It took me disabling and re-enabling the internet to get it to work, and now it says it's downloading 28.324GB of data, even though everything I'm seeing online says 1.12 is only 11GB.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PC NA Goons, if any of you have Nightwood that you don't need, lemme know. I'll buy that poo poo from you, since I'm too drat lazy to go into Craglorn and farm it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JackBadass posted:

Any other PS4 goons had/having issues with the patch downloading? I just got home from work, expecting it to have finished long ago, only to find it a "Preparing to download (0%)". It took me disabling and re-enabling the internet to get it to work, and now it says it's downloading 28.324GB of data, even though everything I'm seeing online says 1.12 is only 11GB.

It auto-downloaded this morning fine.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sogol posted:

Hey what are you using for your stamplar and what's your plan? I am trying to decide what do with mine.

Help me Sogol, you're my only hope...

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

fart simpson posted:

Help me Sogol, you're my only hope...

Oh no. It's cross thread leakage of the worst sort!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Weren't we supposed to get all the level 1 provisioning writ recipes with Thieve's Guild? I didn't get squat. Is it not retroactive?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

JackBadass posted:

Weren't we supposed to get all the level 1 provisioning writ recipes with Thieve's Guild? I didn't get squat. Is it not retroactive?

I think they made it so that all recipes needed for writs can be bought from a vendor. It's scaled to level, too, so you may need a toon with a lower Prov level to buy them.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I should've looked up the requirements for unlocking the Orsinium museum costumes. The hint says that you get them by filling the museum out, so I hunted down and turned in all 20 of them. Whoops! Turns out you need to complete the giant meta achievement for the zone first before you can find and turn in a final hidden relic. :downs: I don't think I have it in me to camp and kill all of the public dungeon bosses.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I would literally murder someone for a horse and a bigger backpack. Also, how much am I allowed to abuse the guildbank to level up provisioning?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Merrill Grinch posted:

I would literally murder someone for a horse and a bigger backpack. Also, how much am I allowed to abuse the guildbank to level up provisioning?

Check your mail when you log on.

Also, feel free to abuse the bank as much as you want, just make sure to put your excess ingredients back when you're done. I don't want none of that green recipe poo poo food cluttering the bank. Vendor that instead.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Anyone know if Thaumaturge effects HoTs?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Sogol posted:

Anyone know if Thaumaturge effects HoTs?

Just tested with rally and vigor, and no on both counts.

On an unrelated complaint, thundering presence no longer gives bonus damage for casting it again while active. You have to wait until it rolls all the way off.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

tgidieday posted:

Just tested with rally and vigor, and no on both counts.

On an unrelated complaint, thundering presence no longer gives bonus damage for casting it again while active. You have to wait until it rolls all the way off.

I wonder if it effects physical DoTs like bleeds. I would not be shocked to discover it does not. Next time I redo CP I will test it on Magicka HoTs.

Has anyone tried clever alchemist? I am thinking it might be interesting on a alchemist lizard, but it looks like maybe more suited to Stam than Magicka?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Merrill Grinch posted:

Scyantific posted:

Check your mail when you log on.

Also, feel free to abuse the bank as much as you want, just make sure to put your excess ingredients back when you're done. I don't want none of that green recipe poo poo food cluttering the bank. Vendor that instead.

The Daggerfall guild bank is packed with food mats, you're welcome to those as well.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mizuti posted:

I should've looked up the requirements for unlocking the Orsinium museum costumes. The hint says that you get them by filling the museum out, so I hunted down and turned in all 20 of them. Whoops! Turns out you need to complete the giant meta achievement for the zone first before you can find and turn in a final hidden relic. :downs: I don't think I have it in me to camp and kill all of the public dungeon bosses.

It's really not nearly as hard as it looks. You only have to kill 4 bosses per dungeon, and there's almost always another group making their way through that you can pug with. I got Hero of Wrothgar without even actively working towards it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

After chickening out on Imperial City pledges, the PC Wrecking Crew finally got through both of them in one day.

The change to the Flesh Sculptor in Imperial City Prison was actually a good thing.

E: Technically we've been able to do all veteran dungeons as of last Saturday, but today was when we finally completed the full list of veteran pledges.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 25, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The change was good, because it changed to "interesting and challenging fight" from "literal bullshit."

I'm doing my part!

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

PC Wrecking Crew

It's a little fuzzy, but this is how I remember it:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's even better than I had in my head.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Hmmm... It seems to be Friday. Might Trials of some sort be taking place again?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Sogol posted:

Hmmm... It seems to be Friday. Might Trials of some sort be taking place again?

I'm down. If we can't get 12, we can always do Hel Ra again.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I bought a cheap v1 ravager set for my dk project not realizing that staves don't proc it since they aren't melee... So I switched him to Stam to level weapons. Now I like him. :confused:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

tgidieday posted:

I'm down. If we can't get 12, we can always do Hel Ra again.

I ran some dungeons with someone other than the wrecking crew and found I was actually able to hit things before they were dead.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Question: "Is it intended for VR 16 toons to get v14 Undaunted gear from the pledge chests?"

Zenimax: "Yes, working as intended."

They literally said this with a straight face.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Question: "Is it intended for VR 16 toons to get v14 Undaunted gear from the pledge chests?"

Zenimax: "Yes, working as intended."

They literally said this with a straight face.

Sounds right to me. V16 gear is typically a "you might get one" thing.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

JackBadass posted:

It's really not nearly as hard as it looks. You only have to kill 4 bosses per dungeon, and there's almost always another group making their way through that you can pug with. I got Hero of Wrothgar without even actively working towards it.

Is it? There were other people threading through Old Orsinium at the same time I was, but I only spotted them one at a time and they always ended up running in the opposite direction. I might need some goon help if I shoot for it. I get the feeling the rest of the meta achievement is doable with time, but I only have temporary access through the membership and that killed my drive to complete it for now.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mizuti posted:

Is it? There were other people threading through Old Orsinium at the same time I was, but I only spotted them one at a time and they always ended up running in the opposite direction. I might need some goon help if I shoot for it. I get the feeling the rest of the meta achievement is doable with time, but I only have temporary access through the membership and that killed my drive to complete it for now.

Just stand around near the boss and after a little bit you'll run into a couple people or so making a run. It's more a time thing than an effort thing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hi I'm coming on level 50 and I basically have only level Cyrodiil to do skyshard roundup since level 20 or so. When I hit VR territory will I be able to rank properly inside Cyrodiil or will I have to do other things in order to advance/not be a poop lord in poop gear?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Hi I'm coming on level 50 and I basically have only level Cyrodiil to do skyshard roundup since level 20 or so. When I hit VR territory will I be able to rank properly inside Cyrodiil or will I have to do other things in order to advance/not be a poop lord in poop gear?

You can level up just fine in Cyrodiil. It's not the fastest thing, but if you're having fun, just keep doing what you're doing. You can also drop in on the other faction zones and get skyshards/do main quests for skill points as needed.

And if you want gear, hit me or Scy up in guild chat.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

You can level up just fine in Cyrodiil. It's not the fastest thing, but if you're having fun, just keep doing what you're doing. You can also drop in on the other faction zones and get skyshards/do main quests for skill points as needed.

And if you want gear, hit me or Scy up in guild chat.

What're you talking about? Cyrodiil is one of the, if not the fastest way to level.

survivalstrategy
Oct 19, 2012

Let's see how many people you can kill with the power of love.
Hey guys, I've been playing this on weekends and it's been pretty chill just wandering around zones and getting my ~casual~ mmo fix. Could I get a guild invite for @marisseoakenwood? Playing on the NA PC server.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

survivalstrategy posted:

Hey guys, I've been playing this on weekends and it's been pretty chill just wandering around zones and getting my ~casual~ mmo fix. Could I get a guild invite for @marisseoakenwood? Playing on the NA PC server.

I keep getting "account not found." Tried it as both @ID and a regular name.

E: Toss me a shout at @Scyantific, I'm currently online messing about.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 27, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm thinking about getting back into this, how far will 6700 crowns get me with the expansion content? I have them in my account for whatever reason and I'm currently installing the game.

Also I feel like I hosed up with Dragonknight, Templar sounds better.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 27, 2016

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That will get you one of the three, I believe.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

omg chael crash posted:

That will get you one of the three, I believe.

I think it'll get all three.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh, right, it's the silly "collectors edition" or whatever that's 5000 points

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

All three are 7500 coins so he would be close.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gank City, Cyrodiil: 2500 Crowns
Walt Kurogg's Orc-landia: 3000 Crowns
Thieves' Guild (because Zenimax robs you. get it?): 2000 Crowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Gank City, Cyrodiil: 2500 Crowns
Walt Kurogg's Orc-landia: 3000 Crowns
Thieves' Guild (because Zenimax robs you. get it?): 2000 Crowns

Let's leave the jokes to the funny people, huh?

• Locked thread