Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I'm going to present my wife with a foil copy of ever after "hey hon, this is us in one hundred years!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Almost kind of sort of not quite black tooth and nail

E: I miss unburial rites

They're holding hands :3:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I feel there's a breakable combo with Ever After, Woodland Bellower, and something else.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Kalli posted:

More or less unrelated but man Bonds of Faith was a cool and good card.

bonds of faith on invisible stalker ftw

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How could the art be so cool looking in this set and so lovely looking in the last block lol

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Something about this card, probably the super realistic art compared to the last printing's, made me think it was a Photoshop and someone stuck a still from a movie in there. I was trying to figure out what movie it was from to see if I could figure out the joke when I realized it was a new reprint.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Is that a mouth growing out of the side of his head?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mcmagic posted:

How could the art be so cool looking in this set and so lovely looking in the last block lol

Either someone at wizards really likes and cares about Innistrand as a setting, and/or understands that so does the fanbase, or they took our complaints to heart.

ORI/BFZ development problems also probably rippled into the art production

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Trilas posted:

Is that a mouth growing out of the side of his head?
Where else are the voices gonna come from, hmmm?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't get the flavor here. She's a pacifist until she has someone strong on her side?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

GeneX posted:

That's not a gain, reanimation decks are great and besides, the current assortment os such spells are, ah, rather lacking.

It dates back to the original Eldrazi titans, which had cast triggers to incentivize ramping to them and shuffle triggers to discourage cheating them into play. The fact that they're not as good reanimated as they are when they're hardcast is a feature of the design, and it's a big part of what lets them print a 15 drop in the first place

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I know it's been said a thousand times already, but I'm actually liking the flavor text on cards in this set. Also, glad to see our good buddy the mad prophet back.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

This is a really cool reprint given that the original foreshadowed this block.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Attorney at Funk posted:

This is a really cool reprint given that the original foreshadowed this block.

Rarity shifted huh?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Rarity shifted huh?

Looting is much more powerful in a set with madness.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Rarity shifted huh?

Probably because of madness. This is a great card to enable that.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Rarity shifted huh?

That's how I knew the reprint was real and not a mockup with a photo in it.

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper
The Innistrad episodes of Drive to Work make it pretty clear that Wizards thinks that Innistrad itself was responsible for that massive bump in playerbase that happened with the set came out (along with the shift toward New World Order design), and with that in mind it isn't super surprising that the set feels like there's a lot more oomph behind it. I have really enjoyed all of the puzzles / animated website / other interesting stuff that they're doing, and I wish that happened more often.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

That poor bird :(

Also, to everyone who does prereleases and Limited: Make sure you know whether your Zombie tokens come into play tapped or not! There's a bunch of cards in the set where they do and a bunch where they don't.

Lets Pickle fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 24, 2016

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I think the spoiler season for this set has been really well done, they've done a good job of giving us a steady stream of interesting cards to argue about.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

it helps that it hasnt been a shitshow of posturing and bans due to early leaks

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

There seem to be more Mythics than usual this set. I count 16 regular + 2 double-faced cards. Usually there are only 15 in a set. We also haven't seen a single multicolored uncommon, I hope those are still in.

Lets Pickle fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 24, 2016

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

New cards:

Strictly better savage surge, the best trick we've seen so far.

Common support for that U/R spell deck they want to be draftable. Only needs 1 spell to be solid, but gets silly very rapidly. Also very scary to block.
Also, I'm calling this Hot Dog forever.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Green in this set is very meh.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

antagonist of SOI block confirmed as five legged shrew

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

sarmhan posted:

Common support for that U/R spell deck they want to be draftable. Only needs 1 spell to be solid, but gets silly very rapidly. Also very scary to block.

I don't know if that UR pauper deck wants this card, but I hope not. I hate that deck.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Somebody is confused. Ferocious was several sets ago and is rotating...

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

I don't know if that UR pauper deck wants this card, but I hope not. I hate that deck.
Nah, that pauper deck is aiming for turn 4 kills. The removal is too good for this to survive.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

sarmhan posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see this one show up in Constructed somewhere. A permanently growing "prowess" card with Trample seems very strong.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Man, Christopher Guest is pissed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Niton posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see this one show up in Constructed somewhere. A permanently growing "prowess" card with Trample seems very strong.

It's too expensive for Prowess decks.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

Niton posted:

It's a 4 mana 2/3.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

sarmhan posted:

Nah, that pauper deck is aiming for turn 4 kills. The removal is too good for this to survive.

Hmm, for some reason I thought this was a 2 mana 2/2. Yeah definitely not.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Even more commons:

Easier to cast Ampryn Tactician , probably good in the green/white humans decks.

Obligatory 3/1, not a human though

Best common green removal spell ever?

The zombie decks want to go long, so this is could be ok. Still meh though. Kinda awkward that you want it to die, but it's bad at trading.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Fight cards that don't pump your guy are usually meh. Inspiring Cap is awesome.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Fight cards that don't pump your guy are usually meh. Inspiring Cap is awesome.
This isn't a fight card. This is Tail Slash.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

sarmhan posted:

This isn't a fight card. This is Tail Slash Green Doom Blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

You're not wrong. I wasn't being hyperbolic when I said best common green removal spell ever.

• Locked thread