Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Baal posted:

Alpha Ryu looks like crap, why would anyone want that Alt

I really only care about story mode chun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The mom pants are kinda weird, but she looks fine otherwise

cams
Mar 28, 2003

capcom i so desperately want to give you money

why won't you let me give you money

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
play more st baal

why haven't we played yet

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cams posted:

capcom i so desperately want to give you money

why won't you let me give you money

Much like Mad Catz, Capcom has a desperate allergic reaction to money

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

interrodactyl posted:

play more st baal

why haven't we played yet

I'm getting my house cleaned for relatives for easter and have a new jojo vid i need to make is why

I'll pencil you in if I can find time tho, interro

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Alpha Ryu also has different colors from the regular one, so some may find one they prefer.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wait so money store not being up means you cant buy Alex unless you have a zillion fight points??? wtf???

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

wait so money store not being up means you cant buy Alex unless you have a zillion fight points??? wtf???

You can get enough points for alex by playing story mode for 5 minutes

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MinibarMatchman posted:

Nah, characters are only 100k, which you can get just by doing story mode with 10 characters (should take you about an hour, collectively, to do it with everyone). Until the store is up, though, Alex himself is free to use.

EDIT: Season Pass players will get to use his alternative costume, though (separate from his story version, I'm assuming)

bhsman fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 24, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
They realized that too which is why Alex will be free for everyone until the real money shop is up. Then he will be locked again and you'll have to buy him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm Alex's price tag until the shop goes up

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Baal posted:

I'm getting my house cleaned for relatives for easter and have a new jojo vid i need to make is why

I'll pencil you in if I can find time tho, interro

gently caress that guy fight me in jojos

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
They should add a training option alongside wakeup recovery and guard recovery, except it's for when you land after being hit out of the air.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Will every character have a story mode that pays out stupid fight money so I could get another boost while Alex is free

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

In Training posted:

Will every character have a story mode that pays out stupid fight money so I could get another boost while Alex is free

Supposedly Alex will also have a story mode, too. :v:

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

darealkooky posted:

tekken tag 2 had like 14 post launch characters that were all free, maybe thats the only fighting game he's ever played

Tekken and Harada are the exception not the norm.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

From the way they worded it, it sounds likely

quote:

The second drop will take place on March 30 (WED) at 10AM PT and contains the following content:

Alex + related character story content

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

bhsman posted:

Supposedly Alex will also have a story mode, too. :v:

Surprising, considering the work that goes into each characters well crafted episode. Capcom continues to provide great value for it's customers!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Surprising, considering the work that goes into each characters well crafted episode. Capcom continues to provide great value for it's customers!

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I desperately hope somebody is practicing a SFV Story Mode speedrun for the next GDQ.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's kind of funny is one of the producers said they weren't sure if they'd add trials for any of the DLC characters

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I like how some of the story modes are only 2 fights long, and a few even have a shot of a character getting ready to fight another character, but then you don't actually fight the fight the story just ends. It's like shouting MINIMAL EFFORT through a bullhorn.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dracula Factory posted:

I like how some of the story modes are only 2 fights long, and a few even have a shot of a character getting ready to fight another character, but then you don't actually fight the fight the story just ends. It's like shouting MINIMAL EFFORT through a bullhorn.

It's really astonishing. I don't like to say stuff like this because I know people who work on these games have to work like crazy probably, but I feel like I could whip up a story mode of the SFV caliber for one character in a week. The art would be worse but I could probably figure out how to do it.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Dracula Factory posted:

Ever read a comic where the artist had to take a month off and some substitute guy was hired at the last minute to crank out twenty pages of full color artwork as fast as possible? And all of a sudden Cyclops and the gang all look like Hong Kong knockoff toys?

That's SF5 Story Mode.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

the art is just so bad.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tbh i dont mind the little story thingies for each character (i even like them conceptually), i just wish the fights in them had something else going on and the art wasnt made in 10 seconds. they make way way way more sense than an arcade mode for stories. there should have been a separate arcade mode tho (with something else going on at the beginning/ending)

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Where is my god drat car punch stage?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

We might see Tom though. :3:

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

anime was right posted:

tbh i dont mind the little story thingies for each character (i even like them conceptually), i just wish the fights in them had something else going on and the art wasnt made in 10 seconds. they make way way way more sense than an arcade mode for stories. there should have been a separate arcade mode tho (with something else going on at the beginning/ending)

I'd honestly be okay with a Virtua Fighter style arcade mode with no intro and the ending is just replays from your matches with the credits rolling. It'd also be cool if you had to beat up giant letters to enter your name for the high score list but that's a bit much.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

cougar cub posted:

Where is my god drat car punch stage?

Sega Fighters Megamix. In that one, the car stage fights back.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
given the redesign trends, they're just gonna make honda the car

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Dracula Factory posted:

My favorite is FANG's, who literally fights the same guy twice in a row.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

Celebrity Ghost posted:

My favorite is FANG's, who literally fights the same guy twice in a row.

And after beating him senseless, the story mode shows the complete opposite happening.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Why complain about a mode that only takes a couple minutes and gives you lots of freebux.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I desperately hope somebody is practicing a SFV Story Mode speedrun for the next GDQ.

there are some pretty sick tool assisted fg runs

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I think the only tool you'll need for SFV's story mode is a controller with an automatic turbo function.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

In Training posted:

They are, and have a video of their practice session on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdQ7Xx4Q34

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Why complain about a mode that only takes a couple minutes and gives you lots of freebux.

I cant even believe this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The current story mode is obviously something thrown together at the last minute when it was decided the game would be released well before the proper cinematic mode was ready.