Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
BS Gut Knife Rust Coat, best knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

sterster posted:

I don't know who you are. You people who use different names form your forums and ingame. I'm going to guess aborn? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm Glass; I'm not sure which SA name matches to aborn but he's on my friends list too

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

symbolic posted:

Holy poo poo, someone else thinks Fire Serpent is ugly?

:hfive:

The fire serpent is foul; best looking AK skins are, in order, jaguar, wasteland rebel, then the emerald pinstripe

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

metallicaeg posted:

The fire serpent is foul; best looking AK skins are, in order, Aquamarine Revenge, jaguar, wasteland rebel, then the Vulcan
FTFY

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Ozmiander posted:

BS Gut Knife Rust Coat, best knife.

BS m9 bayo rust coat is the best knife

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Fire Serpent looks like a dick with eyes.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I just use Battle-Scarred Elite Build AK and Scorched Shadow Daggers because they're not too expensive and they have the tracking thingy on em. Gotta say that Shadow Daggers take wear pretty well -- I have a well worn boreal forest pair that someone essentially traded me for a ugly rear end FT Bayonet and the scratches and wear on is way more difficult to notice on the daggers.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 24, 2016

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I wonder how much more money Valve would make if their next operation included a mission where if you get X kills with a gun that gun gets cleaned and goes back to Factory New.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
A whole bunch and then a lot less because now everything is factory new and holds much less value and makes them less money on the market. Battle-Scarred becomes the new expensive.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Depths posted:

BS m9 bayo rust coat is the best knife

You mean ST FN karambit Doppler for best knife.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Stock knife is best knife because the only money you have to pay to use it is $14.99 or half that on sale.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

nftyw posted:

A whole bunch and then a lot less because now everything is factory new and holds much less value and makes them less money on the market. Battle-Scarred becomes the new expensive.

Just make it a tiered system with a very high value for FN. So your gun goes up 1 skin condition based on reaching a level. Say BS -> WW needs 200 kills. WW -> Field tested needs 500 and just make MW -> FN like 1000 or 1200 kills during the operation with that gun.
A 1000 loving kills. I feel like that would take a whole lot of DM. During an operation period. Or maybe make it viable on casual/mm. Why am I spending time thinking this out?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

nftyw posted:

I was thinking just 1 mission in the operation that would be like "Get 20 kills with a single rifle" and whichever rifle you used was made factory new.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

sterster posted:

Just make it a tiered system with a very high value for FN. So your gun goes up 1 skin condition based on reaching a level. Say BS -> WW needs 200 kills. WW -> Field tested needs 500 and just make MW -> FN like 1000 or 1200 kills during the operation with that gun.
A 1000 loving kills. I feel like that would take a whole lot of DM. During an operation period. Or maybe make it viable on casual/mm. Why am I spending time thinking this out?

I'd use a Grand Prix or something. Be the only person in the world with a FN Grand Prix, make bank.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I was thinking just 1 mission in the operation that would be like "Get 20 kills with a single rifle" and whichever rifle you used was made factory new.

People would buy extra accounts and operation passes to try and make those $60 anime AUGs into $400+ FN ones for profit. Well, at least until everyone figures out the trick.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Goofballs posted:

I got an old account to rank 3 recently, its silver 2. Played 2 games against them, I felt dirty after massacring them. Its like all 12 year olds on laptops with ballmice or touchpads. Some of them were even smurfing themselves but they can't have been that above the genuine silvers. Like you can just dry run into bombsites with a p250, cap them and go through ct to the other site and smash them by the time the retards on your team have finished discussing where to go and loving around in mid flashing each other. 30 kills before first half no problem. Well, at least now I know progress is real.

I'm not sure how I found silver difficult when I first started, like holy poo poo, I can probably unironically win a silver match while blindfolded and listening to sounds only.

qhat fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 24, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

I'd use a Grand Prix or something. Be the only person in the world with a FN Grand Prix, make bank.
FN AWP | Asiimov :getin:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah, that would probably be the better idea. Forgot those only go up to FT.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Please add effects like vapor coming out of my asiimov when I go to reload it or my blaze shooting flames when I one deag someone.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Strange Unusual Scorching Flames Souvenir Desert Eagle | Blaze Factory New with Headshot Kills, Ace Rounds, and Clutch Kills Add-Ons for sale, 8000 keys b/o

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I also want a skin for the bomb that makes it so I type out gently caress YOU before setting it

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Defusing... F... U ... C... K... Y... O... U Bomb has been defused.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gigawhite posted:

I also want a skin for the bomb that makes it so I type out gently caress YOU before setting it

you can actually get the bomb to say FUKKYOU if you edit a font in windows, here is a link explaining how: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=613769075

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think I'll trade my shiny karambit for a karambit + bowie knife so I can get a cool knife on both sides

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

My first comp after ~3 weeks and we end up 15-15 after being up 15-8. I dropped 28 kills but gently caress, this game is such a bitch sometimes. :smith:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
You really gotta win those

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I dig the originality and variety of the missions.

"Get X kills with an ENEMY'S weapon!"

Ok done!

"Great. Now get X kills with an ENEMY'S weapon!"

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

At least they don't make you queue twice for maps no one ever plays.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

This is probably the wrong opinion but I don't like the bowie knife just because of its unsheathing noise

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I used to have a Flip Knife but went to a Falchion because the comically large blade that can't fit in its handle bothered me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gigawhite posted:

This is probably the wrong opinion but I don't like the bowie knife just because of its unsheathing noise
You're not alone in the "silly-reasons-to-dislike-knives" department. I don't like the M9 Bayonet because it has a lame pull-out animation. :v:

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

fennesz posted:

At least they don't make you queue twice for maps no one ever plays.

Agreed. The competitive missions for all previous operations were worse than any wildfire mission by far because it took ages to find a match.

I'd rather play casual for 30 minutes than sit in a lobby for 60.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

metallicaeg posted:

The fire serpent is foul; best looking AK skins are, in order, jaguar, wasteland rebel, then the emerald pinstripe

Uhhhhhh frontside misty/point disarray hello??

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

mcvey posted:

You really gotta win those

Yea I went back and looked at the last rounds and even though we failed as a whole, I made some bad decisions which certainly didn't help. At least we had good vibes and I made some new friends. :unsmith:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

This IWKU vs Space Soldiers game is hilarious. Bobzki #1 rated player on IWKU is 0-18 and they lost bad bad bad on CT train. Ahhh third tier CS.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

He got one!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

oh hey I can comment on these games because none of them will be at Columbus

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
SK running old school naming conventions, I like it

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Bohemian Nights posted:

SK running old school naming conventions, I like it

The nostalgia is too strong. My god. Next think I know SpawN, eLement, or potti is going to come back.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Edit is not quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

How many of yall are on the esea train still? I was thinking about reupping this week.

I've done 3 nights of solo queue MM :psyboom: