Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
2.3.0d on PTU

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4bunt1/230d_is_on_the_ptu/

quote:

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

Fixed an issue where repair drones were not restocking weapon ammo and missiles.
Fixed an issue were some enemy AI would not engage pilots at certain distances.
Revenge of the Fix – Fixed an issue where a mass numbers of pirates would spawn at the same time in Yela.

Game Systems:

Fixed an issue where the players camera was situated inside of their seat while the user waits for Arena Commander match to start.
Fixed an issue where the characters helmet would not stay aligned with the head, and would interfere with flying.
Fixed an issue where some objects in Horizon Speedway were not showing properly.

Ships:

Made some tweaks to thruster visual effects.
Fixed an issue where player could become stuck after jumping into the cockpit dashboard of the Starfarer.

Khartu-al:

Fixed an issue where the Khartu-al was missing audio when destroyed.
Fixed an issue where the control sphere animations on the Khartu-al were reversed.
Made additional tweaks to the Khartu-al pilot seat when spawning into Arena Commander.
Made some additional tuning to how the Khartu-al handles in flight.
Made additional tweaks to the Khartu-al boost and cruise speed.
Added passby sounds to the Khartu-al.
Fixed an issue where the Khartu-al thrusters were not visibly firing when the Scout was boosting.

First Person:

Made a number of recoil tweaks for the Devestator-12 Shotgun.
Fine-tuned the Arrowhead aim-down-sights shots.
Doubled the lifetime of Arrowhead projectiles to push max range out to 1km.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

Ho Lee Cow!

[Graph] Arena Commander Player Participation

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/260416/graph-arena-commander-player-participation-2016-03-21-update/p1

No wonder they keep begging people to play it.

Can you just tell us what all that means? gently caress that noise my eyes glazed over before the page finished loading

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I'm thinking if the game does come out I will probably not still have this spare stick of laptop memory and I am not buying some just to eat it at some point in the future.
I will eat some toast instead

Don't worry, commando!
I'll post you a stick of laptop memory.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

My favorite part was the unironic slot machine comment.

FrankieGoes posted:

When I see Miku I don't really get a "this guy owns a lot of guns" type vibe. Maybe a "this guy owns a lot of dragon dildos" vibe.

Dude owns a splorch in ever color

Tippis posted:

spastic brinkmanship

My new band name!

Chalks posted:

You can practically hear the scope stretching at the seams as it tries to be bigger and better than every single other space game all at once.

Star Citizen - You can see the stretchmarks from space

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Lol don't tell chris or sandi tee hee! shhh!

Since SA are basically shadow developers at CIG/F42 now, I think Galorex should give the fine folks here that missed picture day their due credit

Chalks posted:

Record a youtube video that reveals the names. Keep it listed as private. When they become public, release the video and magically you'll have a video dated x weeks before the announcement showing that you knew in advance.

Evil genius plain and simple. I like the cut of your gibberish.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

All extremely important changes, the Khartu-al missing audio when destroyed was driving me crazy!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

orcinus posted:

Don't worry, commando!
I'll post you a stick of laptop memory.

Yay!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

how much do you think I could make for a JPG of magic beans

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Fixed an issue where the characters helmet would not stay aligned with the head, and would interfere with flying.

HELMET HELMET HELMET

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

D_Smart posted:

if EightAce actually is more than one person then I think they just figured it out
[quote]Well first of all, most of the people who are passing info around, are no longer on the project. Even EightAce I have suspected (and I think I mentioned it) probably no longer works there. He may have either been a contractor/employee who left; or he knows someone who is still there.

I'm genuinely surprised that you don't know who he is. I believe both him and you about this cartoon dumpster fire for numerous reasons but I thought you dudes were more on the same page.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

HELMET HELMET HELMET

Why would that interfere with my flying? Lol if you don't play 3rd person so you don't have to peep at Chris's god loving awful UI 'designs'

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

HELMET HELMET HELMET

Could that be the source of the goggle overlay we saw in that Batgirl video?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Are you able to give a rough time scale?

Sadly no. Aside from the fact that legal has me on strict instructions to stop (because it tips our hand, gets them to prepare - as they have done in the past, puts workers at risk of unnessary reprisals etc) posting leaked stuff, this information, though it's known now by a few people, some have yet to serve notice. Also, in the past when I've posted names of confirmed "leavers", I get yelled at on social media for being inconsiderate, putting spotlight on people etc. That's something I hadn't thought of. So I stopped doing that. Remember what happened that time when Sandi walked in, accused people of leaking stuff, then promptly fired innocent people; and one quit on the spot? Yeah.

Trust me, they're hosed.

ps: I think EightAce and co are probably going to be laying low for awhile, given what I've heard today about the latest noise and the resulting meetings. They're loving pissed. And yes, they're still accusing people of leaking stuff to Derek Smart.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

:q: We need to make the game even more immersive how about putting triangles at the top and bottom of the screen?

:cry: Yes Chirs

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

Ho Lee Cow!

[Graph] Arena Commander Player Participation

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/260416/graph-arena-commander-player-participation-2016-03-21-update/p1

No wonder they keep begging people to play it.

It's expected. The best part is if you peruse "general" hardware type sites that have a gaming forum. Usually you'll find a SC thread where someone posts that they ranked up in the top 10 in the leaderboards.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

Sadly no. Aside from the fact that legal has me on strict instructions to stop (because it tips our hand, gets them to prepare - as they have done in the past, puts workers at risk of unnessary reprisals etc) posting leaked stuff, this information, though it's known now by a few people, some have yet to serve notice. Also, in the past when I've posted names of confirmed "leavers", I get yelled at on social media for being inconsiderate, putting spotlight on people etc. That's something I hadn't thought of. So I stopped doing that. Remember what happened that time when Sandi walked in, accused people of leaking stuff, then promptly fired innocent people; and one quit on the spot? Yeah.

Trust me, they're hosed.

ps: I think EightAce and co are probably going to be laying low for awhile, given what I've heard today about the latest noise and the resulting meetings. They're loving pissed. And yes, they're still accusing people of leaking stuff to Derek Smart.

Can you be more specific?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Tippis posted:

I think she does that to the videos herself

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

She did indeed. Which seems to reinforce the notion that they're not faking the data, so instead they need to hide it.

Not a red flag. Not at all.

That's one of the biggest Red flags that's going to come under fire in any lawsuit resulting from this because if that data doesn't match their revenue, that's fraudulent inducement. Then it's jail time. Guaranteed.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

I'm not a game dev, no access to chaos engine, I was basing that on what the guy on mmorpg said. If there's nothing extra there I'm happy, hate to think we were missing out.

Oh that? He's being an idiot. His "chaos engine" reference had nothing to do with a "forum where devs hang out". I think it was a play on words, as in "Goons spreading chaos" ergo "chaos engine"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

We need DS to comment if they are utilizing structuring payments into this cash machine.

Given the ebb and flow of funding with ship/subscriber sales as cover, I'm leaning towards yes.

Hard to say, but at least one of the attorneys I have spoken to, seems convinced that there's some money laundering and/or wire fraud case to be made at some point if it turns out the numbers don't add up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I think she does that to the videos herself

I saw it on another persons vid tonight and it just looks poo poo

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

2.3.0d on PTU

Khartu-al:

Fixed an issue where the Khartu-al was missing audio when destroyed.
Fixed an issue where the control sphere animations on the Khartu-al were reversed.
Made additional tweaks to the Khartu-al pilot seat when spawning into Arena Commander.
Made some additional tuning to how the Khartu-al handles in flight.
Made additional tweaks to the Khartu-al boost and cruise speed.
Added passby sounds to the Khartu-al.
Fixed an issue where the Khartu-al thrusters were not visibly firing when the Scout was boosting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4bunt1/230d_is_on_the_ptu/

I have to believe that the Scout wasn't finished in time for 2.3. gently caress it, push it to production and finish it there.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Star Citizen: A little brain damage is still better than death, after all

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've got an idea

for April Fools day this thread can be positive stuff about SC, and people who are negative about it get dogpiled

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I look forward to Chris Roberts serving hard time in prison.

Honestly, he might be looking forward to it also.

It gets him away from Sandi.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Something I noticed in SC last night is they fixed the PORT OLISAR logo issue on the rings...

By removing them completely :negative:

Guess they were getting too much attention

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Yeah at this point I'm just sitting and waiting to see what happens.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

I've got an idea

for April Fools day this thread can be positive stuff about SC, and people who are negative about it get dogpiled

I am down with this, i will go a full day of heaping praise on it too, and make a wonderful video with harp music

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D1E posted:

I look forward to Chris Roberts serving hard time in prison.

Honestly, he might be looking forward to it also.

It gets him away from Sandi.

i guess you could say he is going to eat fresh

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well, we know one thing. He has a reputation for collecting a paycheck no matter the job. I bet after this fiasco he'll be like Daniel Day Lewis when selecting his roles.

I mean, there's one thing about doing a crap movie that is in and out of theaters and nobody remembers. Then there's having your image mercilessly manipulated for laughs.

Scruffpuff posted:

Exactly. Mark Hamill doesn't care, has a good sense of humor, and is on the Star Wars train. Plus he's worked with Chris before and it hasn't hurt him. He's just chill and cool as poo poo. Gillian Anderson has no idea what happened to her, she just has to see a doctor once a month to check up on the red, swollen hand mark Sandi left on her when she touched her shoulder.

Gary Oldman took the brunt of this joke. He has enough self-respect left to be pissed that this is how the internet will remember him:

Yeah, it has to be Oldman. He'd be most concerned about that image because he's taking the most of it right to the face (no pun intended)

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
You guys are all such leavers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eonwe posted:

gently caress you reddit lol
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\..

Strongly concur.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Oh that? He's being an idiot. His "chaos engine" reference had nothing to do with a "forum where devs hang out". I think it was a play on words, as in "Goons spreading chaos" ergo "chaos engine"
I actually think it's this place:

http://www.thechaosengine.com/index.php

Derek you could probably get in since you're, y'know, a game dev.

Edit: Sign up and tell us the deets!

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 25, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I Greyhound posted:

You guys are all such leavers.

I'm more of a leafer, to be honest.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dapper Dan posted:

Another thing I was thinking, I would have just loved to have been a fly on the wall when Gary Oldman's people told him what they found when they GISed 'gary oldman star citizen':

(I know it hasn't been confirmed as him, but who else could it be?)

I expect if Oldman's the one who's trying to distance himself from the project it's probably because Crobbinson pulled some shifty poo poo involving actors' unions because Sandi. Oldman takes that poo poo seriously.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

cocaine dad show posted:

Star Citizen: Because of the open nature of this project, CIG has to keep things behind closed doors.

This gif is consistently relevant. I can't believe he unironically said that. :ughh:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:laffo:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dapper Dan posted:

Another thing I was thinking, I would have just loved to have been a fly on the wall when Gary Oldman's people told him what they found when they GISed 'gary oldman star citizen':

(I know it hasn't been confirmed as him, but who else could it be?)

It's him.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

heh, they keep calling it an alpha; completely oblivious to the fact that it's just a POC tech demo

http://www.pcgamer.com/planet-coaster-we-play-frontiers-theme-park-sim/ <-- this is an alpha. Whatever CIG has is not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do you guys remember how balls out crazy it was back when dsmart was arguing with wheelchair kid

• Locked thread