Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Today's DPD 3*:

Symbiotes
Symbiotes
Punisher + 2 of the mutant mooks
Ragnarok, 3* Thor, 4* Thor

So if you hate yourself and love a Gamora Red cover, today is for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
they need to start advertising their other games in mpq if they continue to make changes like they are

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

they need to start advertising their other games in mpq if they continue to make changes like they are

I keep trying to talk Mrs. Intangible into trying out MTG: Puzzle Quest to see if it is better....so far, she hasn't bitten. My problem is that I'm a big comic nerd and I love Puzzle Quest. Plus, I'd hate to have to start over.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

intangible posted:

I keep trying to talk Mrs. Intangible into trying out MTG: Puzzle Quest to see if it is better....so far, she hasn't bitten. My problem is that I'm a big comic nerd and I love Puzzle Quest. Plus, I'd hate to have to start over.

I tried MTG: Puzzle Quest, because I have a friend who is a huge MTG nerd and not a comics nerd at all.

It is super, super unpolished right now compared to MPQ. it eats my battery like crazy, the animations during gameplay are long and distracting, the card mechanics are underexplained, they don't have PVE events yet (just prologue and a weird, non-ELO based PVP that sucks and is bad), the event rewards are completely out of whack compared with effort, and balance is poo poo.

You build a "deck" of 10 cards, rather than having 3 heroes with 3 powers each, and draw one of the cards per turn. There are 4 rarities of cards, and they have the lovely problem that D3 had when it launched where the rarest cards are sometimes just straight up bad because their effects are powerful, but they are overcosted so much they cripple you if you try to play them.

The one bright spot is that you don't need to play a match to get your MTGPQ equivalent of a SHIELD resupply, just open the app and push a button.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Deck construction and card management is also completely obtuse and there's no real indication of progress or relative strength. On the plus side, there's not really any gamebreaking cards (at least not that I can tell), but on the negative side, you need to have a much more comprehensive gameplan about what cards interact with each other and complement each other well in a deck.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Bummer. It sounds to me like it has promise, but just isn't there yet. I like the deck building and card interaction ideas. Maybe I will check it out and see if it gets polished up any time in the future.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is it worth wasting a roster slot on Devil Dino? I reached day 365 so three covers are coming my way. I figured I'd roster them until something way better came up.

- edit And here's a team everybody is sleeping on. Mystique, Quicksilver and Luke Cage. They're obnoxious and can deal out a ridiculous amount of damage. Run Luke at 5/5/3 and use Mystique's black Masterstroke to take out the enemy's toughest teammate.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 22, 2016

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Call Me Charlie posted:

Is it worth wasting a roster slot on Devil Dino? I reached day 365 so three covers are coming my way. I figured I'd roster them until something way better came up.

- edit And here's a team everybody is sleeping on. Mystique, Quicksilver and Luke Cage. They're obnoxious and can deal out a ridiculous amount of damage. Run Luke at 5/5/3 and use Mystique's black Masterstroke to take out the enemy's toughest teammate.

devil dino covers are very rare - typically only earned at the year mark for log-in rewards and then additionally only during anniversary events. he is also not a great hero by any means. typically he is not worth a roster slot unless you are a whale / gotta catch 'em all.

also, what is the great team interaction for mystique/qs/lc? nuking with mystique requires 19 AP between two colors, which is kind of not great, considering 5 black covers in LC and 18 black AP gives the same damage and you can spread it around if you want and it all stuns. i'm not seeing what those three characters do in particular that is special about supporting each other :confused:

edit: the devs posted on the d3 forums, the next pvp event with cmags (03/22/2016) is also going to be a test run that changes the matchmaking for pvp.

d3 devs posted:

For the Magnetic Mayhem Versus event, we will be testing some matchmaking changes we have been working on. Previously, players were matched against other players based solely on heroes’ levels. Now, players will be matched against other players based on the hero power levels as well.

Power levels are synonymous with how many covers a Hero has in a particular ability (or Power). [An example] Cyclops has an Optic Blasts power has a power level of 5 while his Mutant Revolutionary power has a power level of 3. The algorithm for determining what level enemies you play against in Story content takes the player's heroes' levels and their power levels into account. For Versus content, matchmaking [will take] a combination of the player's current score in the Versus event as well as their heroes' levels and power levels when finding a opponent.

if they gently caress with the points needed for each reward tier too, it'll make the game drat near unplayable. pretty loving sad imo.

Freaking Crumbum fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 22, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

homeless poster posted:

also, what is the great team interaction for mystique/qs/lc? nuking with mystique requires 19 AP between two colors, which is kind of not great, considering 5 black covers in LC and 18 black AP gives the same damage and you can spread it around if you want and it all stuns. i'm not seeing what those three characters do in particular that is special about supporting each other :confused:

I'm running mine Mystique 5/3/5, QS 3/5/5, LC 5/5/3.

There's not much overlap in colors. Quicksilver's the surprise hero of the bunch. His green does 2651 and you can normally get the cost down to 5-6. Mystique's pink stuns, Black nukes for 7248. You usually get enough blue from triggering lock tiles to use her transform power, which isn't great but it usually gives you one pink/black match. Luke's protect tile is 271 at 5 and his uppercut does 7158. QS's blue blast should be a last resort since it increases his costs but it does 2556 to the entire enemy team and some times you can use idle hands to get a match 5 that leads to a Luke or Mystique's nuke.

I think the most important thing is it doesn't matter what type of board you get. You can quickly get one of the heavy damage moves (qs green, lc yellow, mystique's pink-black combo) and destroy the most problematic enemy before they can do any real damage. It seems like most pvp teams are running one annoying character as a scarecrow.

homeless poster posted:

edit: the devs posted on the d3 forums, the next pvp event with cmags (03/22/2016) is also going to be a test run that changes the matchmaking for pvp.

if they gently caress with the points needed for each reward tier too, it'll make the game drat near unplayable. pretty loving sad imo.

Of course they gently caress with matchmaking the season I luck into a bracket where I can regularly score 800 :negative:

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 22, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Finally pulled an OML yellow :toot:

That with my 3 red means I'm in the money.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Devil dino isn't good and after how they poo poo the bad last anniversary (which was pretty loving spectacularly bad if you weren't around, NO, REALLY loving BAD, I'm serious, don't expect so see any covers or get him anywhere near max without paying for the other 10 covers with command points.

Or crossing your fingers and hoping the game survives long enough for you to collect 1 or 2 covers a year, by which point he'll be as useful as yelena

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got a Legendary Token because of Devil Dino when they did the DPQ thing. Devil Dino vs Squirrel Girl I think.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I got a Legendary Token because of Devil Dino when they did the DPQ thing. Devil Dino vs Squirrel Girl I think.

Anniversary exclusive DDQ.

Won't come up normally.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anniversaries normally come up once a year.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Anniversaries normally come up once a year.

And all other 4 star DDQ events will occur on a regular cycle that's much smaller than a year?
I guess 1 legendary token per year is sort of a perk. I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SectumSempra posted:

And all other 4 star DDQ events will occur on a regular cycle that's much smaller than a year?
I guess 1 legendary token per year is sort of a perk. I guess.

It's like getting 1/12 Legendary Token per month!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Call Me Charlie posted:

We have another open slot in Bone Rangers if anybody needs an alliance.

Thanks, I just joined

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy
Deadpool's Big Enchilada for today (Purple Loki Cover)

Shinobi/Invisible Woman/Kishu
Spy/Doc Ock/Analyst
Shinobi/Scarlet Witch/Konran
1* Black Widow/Sniper/Grenadier

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Today's iceman dpd is being won with level 70s if anyone is afraid to try it.mine is level 112 and I squeaked out a win on my second try. Just stun, stun, stun, don't use blue if it's going to punch.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My iceman has a single blue cover. I gave it a try, and was doing pretty ok until a match-5 fell down from the top of the board and I lost morale.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Well that would be a pretty extreme case. Someone in my alliance had a 0/1/2 though and pulled it off.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

edit: i just tried again 3 more times and I don't loving believe you

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
My iceman is level 102 and its not even remotely close. By the time I get 6 blue AP Jean has enough to fire both of her powers. The board is just loving raining green and purple and theres less blue in there than the Sahara.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I had an amazing amount of blue, probably 30 or so before she finally got her first power off (I couldn't match the last countdown tile before she did).

That killed me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I tried twice and it seems impossible unless you get insanely lucky.

Unless you can match the countdown tile away you really have no way of keeping her stuffed infinitely.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
I beat it with my level 90 Iceman.

Got extremely lucky, was able to get a blue match basically each turn. When she was stunned I was able to make some match 5s, and match away my blue countdown tiles.

Blew through all thirty of my +20% damage boosts trying the fight over and over.

Got starlord purple for my troubles ugh

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Hamster Man posted:

I beat it with my level 90 Iceman.

Got extremely lucky, was able to get a blue match basically each turn. When she was stunned I was able to make some match 5s, and match away my blue countdown tiles.

Blew through all thirty of my +20% damage boosts trying the fight over and over.

Got starlord purple for my troubles ugh

Yeah this makes me not wanna bother.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Absolutely don't. It was an awful grind reliant entirely on luck that I only went through with because I haven't won one of the 4 star dpds in so long.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can win with the following:
Thor (4/2/1 @ 172 or something)
IW (1 in Yellow is enough)
Prof X (1 in Purple is enough)
Hulkbuster (1/2/5 or something)
Elektra (Hafta do it a bunch of times but I can do it with a good start if I have Purple and Black)
X-Force (2/2/2 + boosts is enough with luck)
Nick Fury (I think????)

Everything else is impossible.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
D3 must think Daken is super desirable based on the difficulty for today's Deadpool Big Enchiliada (3/24):
1st wave: 3* Capt Marvel, criterion, subject
2nd wave: 2* Wolverine, Moonstone, 2* Magneto
3rd wave: Iron Fist, blue ultron bot, green ultron bot
4th wave: Doom, 3* Storm, Hood

I lost using a gimmick team of 3* Bullseye, Steve Rogers, and Hood because taking down Capt Marvel fed into Wolverine's red. In the end I had to rely on my boring team of Thor, OBW, 2* Storm.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This game loving loves giving me Skull Rider. Dude's at 1/2/4 now.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i don't know how his abilities will play out, but the character art for the new 4* punisher is loving awful. he looks like some kind of weird batman goon from the 90's Dic cartoon that was made of 80% shoulders and neck. good to see the artists at D3 don't just have bizarres interpretations of the female anatomy any more.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

homeless poster posted:

i don't know how his abilities will play out, but the character art for the new 4* punisher is loving awful. he looks like some kind of weird batman goon from the 90's Dic cartoon that was made of 80% shoulders and neck. good to see the artists at D3 don't just have bizarres interpretations of the female anatomy any more.

Punisher Max -does- look like he's let himself go. At least the cover itself is cool. And his powers look like they'd pair well with a guy like Classic Bullseye or maybe even Daken for "Fun With Strike Tiles."™

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Finally got a Squirrel Girl off of a token. Have all the 3 stars.

Feeling good about the world :unsmith:

And I like fat dad Frank. I hope he wears crocs and cargo shorts to his next slaughter.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
The art style matches closely with the PMAX art in that he's aged and friggin huge, though it does look out of place compared to everyone else's art.

Now we need a 1* Welcome Back Frank Punisher with Dillonface™. With a polar bear punch blue power.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I was laughing my rear end off at this:

Until I saw yeah thats what he looks like:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

PDQ Law posted:

D3 must think Daken is super desirable based on the difficulty for today's Deadpool Big Enchiliada (3/24):
1st wave: 3* Capt Marvel, criterion, subject
2nd wave: 2* Wolverine, Moonstone, 2* Magneto
3rd wave: Iron Fist, blue ultron bot, green ultron bot
4th wave: Doom, 3* Storm, Hood

I lost using a gimmick team of 3* Bullseye, Steve Rogers, and Hood because taking down Capt Marvel fed into Wolverine's red. In the end I had to rely on my boring team of Thor, OBW, 2* Storm.

I actually beat this with OBW, 2* Thor 2* Wolvie on the first try. All at about 100. I was in shock.

The transition to 3* is going to put me in apoplexy though. Best I have is like a level 100 Mystique and other assorted single covers I keep around for essential nodes. The DPD tokens insist on thrusting Capt Marvel at me.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Evil Vin posted:

I was laughing my rear end off at this:

who the poo poo did you screengrab who has 97 million iso and a max level green goblin and a max level 4* punisher the day he's released?

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

homeless poster posted:

who the poo poo did you screengrab who has 97 million iso and a max level green goblin and a max level 4* punisher the day he's released?

Stole it from http://marvel.com/news/comics/25935/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_punisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

homeless poster posted:

That's obviously a dev build/version/client of the game.