Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Metal Composite Awakened Unicorn + Shield Funnels was also announced for September, so there goes my wallet. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Core splendor aw yeah

Also yet another Unicorn, at least it seems to come with that javelin

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Whoa, this came out of left field - a 1/100 Graze Custom with the shoulder cannon and with parts to convert the standard 1/100 Graze into the Ground Type. This must surely make a P-Bandai (or even general-issue) 1/144 Ground Type an inevitability, because at present, you can't perfectly recreate it by partswapping between kits.

Maybe this signals an expansion of the 1/100 line outside the big-name kits like the Gundams and Grimgerde, too? Speaking of, the inevitable 1/100 Kimaris Trooper and slightly-less-inevitable-but-still-quite-likely 1/100 Graze Ein should be amazing.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
If we're buying the impulse, then at least paint it fun like the guy a while back that painted it like Lunamaria

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Impulse is one of the best CE designs, and needs an RG

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I am so happy that Impulse is finally getting its due with both a HGCE and an RD.

S-Surely MG Blast Impulse is on its way too, right???

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Darth Walrus posted:

Whoa, this came out of left field - a 1/100 Graze Custom with the shoulder cannon and with parts to convert the standard 1/100 Graze into the Ground Type. This must surely make a P-Bandai (or even general-issue) 1/144 Ground Type an inevitability, because at present, you can't perfectly recreate it by partswapping between kits.

Maybe this signals an expansion of the 1/100 line outside the big-name kits like the Gundams and Grimgerde, too? Speaking of, the inevitable 1/100 Kimaris Trooper and slightly-less-inevitable-but-still-quite-likely 1/100 Graze Ein should be amazing.

This is what will finally sell me a Graze. The past few kits I've built are: Guntank, GM Cannon, Zaku Cannon. I held out for a Jesta Cannon for a very long time before finally caving and buying a Jesta (came out a few weeks later of course), and I'd have bought a MG Origin RX-78 if I didn't already have a 3.0. I like me some shoulder artillery.

edit: Also, the white parts really help to break up the Graze Kai's bland color scheme.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

BlitzBlast posted:

There is a very good reason people describe MG Spallow as a 1/100 version of the HG. Part of that is just how good the HG is, but MG Spallow is not that great.

If you want an AGE-1, get the Normal. It's the best engineered of the trio by far. In fact, the torso you liked so much? Straight from the Normal!

Well, that's kind of a bummer. I'm sure it'll look a bit better once the decals are on it.

And I guess I know now that Dalong's scores are just like Famitsu's scores.

Kinda want something goofy or super-detailed now. How are the MG Guntank and Acguy? And are $47 and $40 with Prime shipping okay prices for either, respectively?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Astro Creep posted:

Well, that's kind of a bummer. I'm sure it'll look a bit better once the decals are on it.

And I guess I know now that Dalong's scores are just like Famitsu's scores.

Kinda want something goofy or super-detailed now. How are the MG Guntank and Acguy? And are $47 and $40 with Prime shipping okay prices for either, respectively?

MG Guntank is really cool but the treads are delicate. You get a number of extra links but I still managed to break enough of them that mine are held together with glue. I'm kind of an oaf, though. It's got a lot of character and you can put it in plenty of poses. The LED gimmick is pretty asinine because it can only be seen from a position above and behind the kit, and even then isn't that dramatic. $47 shipped sounds about right.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ka0 posted:

If we're buying the impulse, then at least paint it fun like the guy a while back that painted it like Lunamaria

I actually painted my mg sword impulse in blast impulse colors and it looks way better for it IMO.

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!

Ka0 posted:

That was me! I'm glad someone remembered the Luna custom. :3:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I loved it because I thought to myself "gee, what if I painted a Turn A like Sochie or Mk. II like Elle VIanno" and lo, these are actual things I can do now.

Speaking of correct century, how cool would it be if HG #200 would be the Turn X. Or Bandit, c'mon bandai stop hating turn a gundam.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I went to little Tokyo today and bought this dude.

I'm really excited about it. That box art alone is cool as hell and it seems super detailed for an HG.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
MG Acguy is outwardly pretty simplistic and really starting to show its age, but it's got an incredibly detailed inner frame if that's your sorta thing.

Question for Gundam 3.0 havers: is the beam rifle muzzle misaligned along the molding line on your samples? Mine is very noticeably off.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 24, 2016

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ugh I've been thinking for weeks about dropping the 70$ or so dollars for the Heavy Gundam and the Psycho Zaku fromthunderboly.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Isn't a new FA Gundam coming out in the near future?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Bimmi posted:

Question for Gundam 3.0 havers: is the beam rifle muzzle misaligned along the molding line on your samples? Mine is very noticeably off.

Mine doesn't seem to have any problems.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

Isn't a new FA Gundam coming out in the near future?

I think it's supposed to be a repaint. This guy is really cool for an HG though. the backpack is insane. The one problem I have is that the color separation on the shield is done with a sticker, but they luckily give actual decals so you don't have to use the big orange sticker. So I figure I can paint the bottom half of the shield just to get that separation of color.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I loved it because I thought to myself "gee, what if I painted a Turn A like Sochie or Mk. II like Elle VIanno" and lo, these are actual things I can do now.

Speaking of correct century, how cool would it be if HG #200 would be the Turn X. Or Bandit, c'mon bandai stop hating turn a gundam.

HG #200 will likely be the the Strike Freedom or the Destiny Gundam.

EDIT: Or maybe even Zeta!

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

cmykjester posted:

Ugh I've been thinking for weeks about dropping the 70$ or so dollars for the Heavy Gundam and the Psycho Zaku fromthunderboly.

The MG Heavy Gundam? The P-Bandai with the funky sunglasses? $70?

It's a bargain for those two, I'd take 'em both if they were still available. Depending on shipping costs, of course.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
How is the HG Kyrios Gundam kit? The design's neat and a transforming kit that actually transforms sounds fun to build. Any issues I should know about that or the 00 HG line in general before buying?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

1/144 or 1/100?

If it's the former, it's like the rest of the 00 S1 kits: alright I guess but nothing special. If it's the latter, ahahahahah good luck finding it for a reasonable price. Good kit otherwise though.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
1/144, and thanks.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Are the no grade 1/100 IBO the exact build just scaled up? Any difference aside from accessories?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

1/144 or 1/100?

If it's the former, it's like the rest of the 00 S1 kits: alright I guess but nothing special. If it's the latter, ahahahahah good luck finding it for a reasonable price. Good kit otherwise though.

I got insanely lucky that I managed to pick up the 1/100 kyrios at this con that had this area that allowed people to sell anime crap they owned. Got an unbuilt 1/100 kyrios for 30 bucks.

Also get the mg f91 for like 10 bucks.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

Are the no grade 1/100 IBO the exact build just scaled up? Any difference aside from accessories?

Way more detail and colour separation. The ones that should have perfect inner frames do have them, for a start.

They seem to be a middle ground between MGs and HGs in terms of detail and complexity - less inter-kit customisation options, but higher quality for what they are.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Got an unbuilt 1/100 kyrios for 30 bucks.

You lucky bastard.

A friend and I spent a week once crawling through the internet looking for a reasonably priced one. We ended up barely winning an eBay auction for like $40.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

:argh: Some people have all the luck.

Someday I want to complete my 1/100 00 S1 collection. I've got MG Hobo Exia and Dynames, I just need the rest. Or at least a Virtue :swoon:

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

MG Guntank is really cool but the treads are delicate. You get a number of extra links but I still managed to break enough of them that mine are held together with glue. I'm kind of an oaf, though. It's got a lot of character and you can put it in plenty of poses. The LED gimmick is pretty asinine because it can only be seen from a position above and behind the kit, and even then isn't that dramatic. $47 shipped sounds about right.

Not too terribly worried about wrecking the treads, having shaky hands means you do stuff like that ridiculously carefully out of necessity! And that's kinda lame w/r/t the LED, but it would go straight from the Guntank's box into my Exia anyways :v:

Bimmi posted:

MG Acguy is outwardly pretty simplistic and really starting to show its age, but it's got an incredibly detailed inner frame if that's your sorta thing.

Yeah, I can see how it's pretty outdated by today's standards. I've just always really liked the xguy design, aaand I've hit my limit of Beargguys I'm willing to buy, sooo...

And yeah, that is 100% my sorta thing.

Both of em sound great, just totally can't decide.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Astro Creep posted:

Not too terribly worried about wrecking the treads, having shaky hands means you do stuff like that ridiculously carefully out of necessity! And that's kinda lame w/r/t the LED, but it would go straight from the Guntank's box into my Exia anyways :v:

Yeah, I can see how it's pretty outdated by today's standards. I've just always really liked the xguy design, aaand I've hit my limit of Beargguys I'm willing to buy, sooo...

And yeah, that is 100% my sorta thing.

Both of em sound great, just totally can't decide.

MG Guntank: Is an EFF mobile platform. One step above a GM. 0/10 would not recommend.

Acguy: Is a Zeon Aquatic suit. Looks both cute and menacing. Mono-eye. Is Acguy. 10/10 must buy.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The more I see of the EXAM Efreet Kai the more I like it. The RE/100 kits aren't limited production like the P-Bandai stuff are they?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Potential BFF posted:

The more I see of the EXAM Efreet Kai the more I like it. The RE/100 kits aren't limited production like the P-Bandai stuff are they?

Nope, they're general release. They could make a limited version (Char's custom Efreet) but so far they haven't.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Neat features of the Acguy:
  • All four limbs are slightly telescopic though the legs are less so
  • Claws on right hand are spring loaded
  • Propellers on bottom of feet spin
  • Water effect parts are really cool and make for some neat poses with the included action base
  • Hip and shoulder joints can "pop" out which gives it more options for posing
  • mono eye is on a track so you can move it all around his head

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh huh, looking at the magazine scans again it looks like the 10,800 yen special version of the Freedom 2.0 that got mentioned a while back is still a thing.

All I know about it is that it includes both the effect parts and the 2.0, but I'm not particularly certain how 2160 + 4860 adds up to 10,800. The name says Full Burst Mode Special Coating version, so I guess there's a metallic finish?

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

:argh: Some people have all the luck.

Someday I want to complete my 1/100 00 S1 collection. I've got MG Hobo Exia and Dynames, I just need the rest. Or at least a Virtue :swoon:

I would love to do an open hatch Virtue / Nadleh, too bad the non-exia line didn't get too much attention. :(

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Decided to finally start my IBO collection. Just ordered a Barbatos, Graze and Shwalbe Graze, all 1/100.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm mad I have HG Barbados and Graze since I feel like a chump wanting the 1/100 versions

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

Very good point. Had no idea this was a thing, though:

Kibner posted:

Neat features of the Acguy:
  • Hip and shoulder joints can "pop" out which gives it more options for posing

That's very very cool, and not something I'd expect from a kit so old. Definitely getting it, then.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

In general, if a Zeon OYW design has a MG, it's probably really loving great and has way more gimmicks than you'd expect.

See: MG Gyan's light up beam saber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

I'm mad I have HG Barbados and Graze since I feel like a chump wanting the 1/100 versions

to prevent this, i waited to buy most suits once i saw they were getting 1/100s. didn't cancel my Schwalbe preorder in time though...