Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

poo poo, I know what I'm doing this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

We can make up whatever acronym we'd like. MIL = Madame I Loathe.

Can we have an entire subforum dedicated to this like reddit does. :laffo:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Nth Doctor posted:

You know you can taste the weed in edibles, right

Like, people would notice right away

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

shit_that_wont_happen.txt

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Stroop There It Is posted:

I really really hate the taste of weed and try to eat edibles like I imagine a duck might - with as little tongue contact as possible, kinda just slipping em down my gullet. I STILL taste the weed every single time.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Maybe they just want to eat a brownie and this guy thinks he's so cool and smart but guess what, guy who made that meme, not everyone is desperate for weed in everything. There are times when I'd fight someone for chocolate. Well, that's not really true but I'll pay a lot of money for chocolate.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

jodai posted:

Maybe they just want to eat a brownie and this guy thinks he's so cool and smart but guess what, guy who made that meme, not everyone is desperate for weed in everything. There are times when I'd fight someone for chocolate. Well, that's not really true but I'll pay a lot of money for chocolate.

I'm eating chocolate right now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Me too. I think it's scam chocolate, though: sometimes we have kids come to our door, professing to be selling these chocolates for charity, charging about five times what they're worth, and it's pretty loving shady. Like, it's impossible to verify whether or not they're telling the truth. Today I offered to buy ten dollars' worth, but only had a twenty on hand, and the kid took out his actual wallet to show me that he didn't have any change. Okay.

I could make a sad bear meme about it I guess

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Concert=Lots of people doing Weed right? Like that one famous concert that had lots of drugs at it right? Not that i've ever actually been to one so they're all basically the same in my mind.

-This Trouper

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Coworker: I'm voting libertarian. People are like cows... like sheep. They just go with the herd. They say voting libertarian is throwing my vote away but I am not a sheep.
Me: Who is even the libertarian candidate?
Coworker: I don't know that isn't the point. I am not a sheep. I always vote libertarian.
Me: So you are a contrarian.
Coworker: No I agree with their views. I tell my kids 'if you don't vote shut up'
Me: What is the libertarian platform?

He didn't know so I told him to look it up on the computer and we had a laugh because neither of us really give a gently caress. The End thanks for reading yall.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

NESguerilla posted:

MIL DIL what does any of that poo poo even mean? Apparently a MIL is something Reddit doesn't like enough that they made a forum for it. I was thinking mother in law but that makes no sense.

Never go near a parenting forum. Every other word is some weird acronym. Also I was confused why everyone was going on about being an FTM, which I thought was a trans thing, but apparently means first time mother.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

SEX BURRITO posted:

FTM, which I thought was a trans thing, but apparently means first time mother.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Parenting websites are the worst, because they are trying hard to make it seem like parenting is as hard as some full time job. I've got a kid, it isn't. Once they turn 5, you basically just feed and water them, make sure they aren't assholes, and don't let them watch TV all day.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Concert=Lots of people doing Weed right? Like that one famous concert that had lots of drugs at it right? Not that i've ever actually been to one so they're all basically the same in my mind.

-This Trouper
To be fair, there are people smoking weed or eating it at pretty much every concert.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Even if you sold brownies without any weed in them you'd probably make a killing just for providing munchies.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think your target group is people who wouldn't but would still proceed to walk around proclaiming how high they are.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think your target group is people who wouldn't but would still proceed to walk around proclaiming how high they are.

Or just people who fuckin love some brownies, which is pretty much everyone.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I hung around outside a gym and sold water to people going in and out, I put it in fancy bottles and said it was pure natural mountain spring water but really it was just filtered tap and they bought it anyway, ha, idiots.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

Parenting websites are the worst, because they are trying hard to make it seem like parenting is as hard as some full time job. I've got a kid, it isn't. Once they turn 5, you basically just feed and water them, make sure they aren't assholes, and don't let them watch TV all day.

Other people have different life experiences than you, there is nothing stdh about that.

Parenting websites are overwhelmingly filled with mothers, and the average mother still spends more hours per week on childcare and household chores than the average father. Also those websites attract tons of new/young parents with a newborn or more than one young child. And then most of these parents have to add all this into actually working a paid job too.

So yeah their perceptions of parenting and how difficult it is will reflect all that.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Speaking of insufferable parents.

Nobody made this comment. Nobody gives a poo poo about your son's socks. You just want comments about what a great mother you are.

Her Facebook is as awful as you can imagine and involves glitter and pixies or some poo poo.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Telemaze posted:

Other people have different life experiences than you, there is nothing stdh about that.

Parenting websites are overwhelmingly filled with mothers, and the average mother still spends more hours per week on childcare and household chores than the average father. Also those websites attract tons of new/young parents with a newborn or more than one young child. And then most of these parents have to add all this into actually working a paid job too.

So yeah their perceptions of parenting and how difficult it is will reflect all that.

From my personal experience* I agree with this gentleman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hitc8haEu_g

*full time single father

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I was going to write up a post pretending to be David from Roseanne, from that episode where Rosanne accuses him of having pot, and he cops to it thinking that it's Darlenne's, until Dan admits to it and they both go to smoke it together and it turns out to be oregano, but it's too much effort, so use your imagination.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Na'at posted:

From my personal experience* I agree with this gentleman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hitc8haEu_g

*full time single father

Bill Burr consistently makes pretty spot-on observations. This is one of them.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

gently caress off, kids wouldn't do this poo poo but I guess this is STDH.txt after all

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Any time I see something clever written on homework or something lovely written on a restaurant receipt I just assume it's STDH.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

the shadow toker
Apr 22, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

This is actually the bitcoin origin myth

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
u/changetip 0 fucks

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Asexual

quote:

While this troper may well have standard hormone-induced urges which prevent him from qualifying as asexual, he has determined through rational analysis that neither sex nor romance is actually worth it to him. So to all his coworkers, no, he is not going clubbing with you, and no, you do not need to be his wingman.

Seconds

quote:

Charlie Brown: I elected to take on the Celibate Hero archetype (to be specific, 4 parts "Love is Beneath Me," 1 part "Love Hurts") until I meet my future wife. It keeps my conscience (and bloodstream) clean. I accept that divorce is always a possibility, but will still be satisfied with the effort at one true love. Plus it lets me avoid my biggest problem with the idea of a one-night stand: What if I wanted seconds?

Chaste

quote:

This female troper has decided to stay chaste. Why? Sex bring too much problems and i'm to lazy to put effoert in a relationship. Even tho when asked out by men and some women,much to my befuddlement,i give the default reply that i'm chaste.their reaction? To stare blankly and ask again if i'm seeing anybody? Wall Banger.I don't care for sex or masturbation.I like to read fantasy books,fanfiction,write,play videogames, and the occasional physical fight.

Urges

quote:

This Troper is currently distracted by the usual hormonal urges, but he's working at becoming a Celibate Hero. If God suddenly struck me with Asexuality, I would sing his praises for hours. Mind you, I don't want to be aromantic. Courtly Love, true love, and chivalry are a part of my ideals. "The Impossible Dream" is one of my theme songs. I just don't want to want to date. It doesn't help that I'm so clueless about how a boyfriend/girlfriend works that I can't give any character I write about a real romance.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

no, you do not need to be his wingman.

coworker, friday afternoon, 4:45 PM: "so, ah, you doing anything this weekend"
troper: "this troper has big plans... for a few wiki updates"
coworker: "huh. hey, man, you can come out with us tonight if you want. i know a few girls you might like. i'll even play wingman"
troper: "what sort of woobie do you mistake me for, sir"

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Khazar-khum posted:

Asexual

Seconds

Chaste

Urges

There are all very sad. The lies people tell themselves just to get through the day...

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?" *puts on boxing gloves*

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The old "I dont ride a bike because bikes are stupid. Not because I don't have legs :smith:"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hihohe posted:

The old "I dont ride a bike because bikes are stupid. Not because I don't have legs :smith:"

This is a phenomenal way to describe that phenomenon. Thank you.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sublimated sexual urges transferred into fantasy, austerity, and physical violence? Tropers is a recruiting front for the Taliban.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

poisonpill posted:

Sublimated sexual urges transferred into fantasy, austerity, and physical violence? Tropers is a recruiting front for the Taliban.

Sounds like our prospects for winning the war on terror may start improving!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Verisimilidude has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Mar 27, 2016

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
drat, I have trouble getting even a couple Ammerkungen usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on

• Locked thread