Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

well, ive been keeping this to myself because i had no other actual evidence of this, but im from houston and some of my family is involved in the local republican party bullshit, and several months ago my aunt said she would never vote for ted cruz because it was well known he had cheated on his wife and they had nearly divorced, and the only reason they stayed together was because she had political ambitions of her own.

just gossip but yeah

I BELIEVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

It actually is hilarious because they think ALL us pro-Trumpers will be enraged if he loses but instead I'll just default to my "system is rigged" views and grab some popcorn to watch Donald and his diehards melt down and implode.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

It actually is hilarious because they think ALL us pro-Trumpers will be enraged if he loses but instead I'll just default to my "system is rigged" views and grab some popcorn to watch Donald and his diehards melt down and implode.

"If my views are not proved correct, it's OK, it just means they cheated."

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I never wanted something so much as this to be true

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

And? The video was a bad angle and it immediately became he said she said. Do you also continue trusting the cop who said he totally shot in self defense last week when there's a tape showing another shooting that was bad?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
This was cryptic in 2013...

https://twitter.com/KatrinaPierson/status/382580427132649472

I guess he provided the bacon, she provided the bullets! :smuggo:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

remusclaw posted:

"If my views are not proved correct, it's OK, it just means they cheated."

Not what I meant at all. The system includes what culture tells us to value and what we hold as true etc. If Trump loses then he failed to make a persuasive enough case and he's just a mainstream Ron Paul instead of a new Reagan or Nixon.

E: i also liked Bernie and the system was more transparently against him, yet all I can hope for is that he doesn't toe the party line. Cheating doesn't apply when you're discussing things in the rules or that the party explicitly allows.

If the rules allow for injustice, it isn't cheating. It may be wrong but it still isn't cheating.

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 25, 2016

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

the_paradigm_shift posted:

And? The video was a bad angle and it immediately became he said she said. Do you also continue trusting the cop who said he totally shot in self defense last week when there's a tape showing another shooting that was bad?

I want to be sure we're both talking about this specific video: http://i.imgur.com/7V5Yhmy.gif

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

The Landstander posted:

Like, if the story is true, and this interpretation is correct, and this was timed out with NE in some way or another: then Trump has managed to get Ted Cruz after a specific news cycle of presenting himself as a loving husband while simultaneously embarrassing all of the establishment Republicans - many fully on record as hating Ted Cruz (as seen in an Instagram video Trump posted recently) - who begrudgingly endorsed him.

He's running this primary like a scripted reality show and I am honestly impressed.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i wouldnt be surprised in the NE story is total bullshit but it reveals actual infidelities

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i wouldnt be surprised in the NE story is total bullshit but it reveals actual infidelities

So just partial BS then? Bc at least the Katrina thing appears to have legs

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I find it telling that the entire #neverTrump twitter mob went silent once Amanda Carpenter was revealed to be one of the women in the NE story.

Steve Deace, David Limbaugh, Baseball idiot, National Review guys... All of them... Nothing.

These are people who have been up hours on end defending Cruz/attacking Trump on twitter... Now... Nothing.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Montasque posted:

I find it telling that the entire #neverTrump twitter mob went silent once Amanda Carpenter was revealed to be one of the women in the NE story.

Steve Deace, David Limbaugh, Baseball idiot, National Review guys... All of them... Nothing.

These are people who have been up hours on end defending Cruz/attacking Trump on twitter... Now... Nothing.

Steve Deace hasn't been off Twitter for this long since pre-Trump. This poo poo is srs.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cruz loving the Trump CNN BUllet Necklace chick seems too perfect. it was probably just some river oaks or west u housewife or something.

also im drunk and should probably not have posted that thing earlier. its just gossip

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

They are waiting for marching orders.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I want to be sure we're both talking about this specific video: http://i.imgur.com/7V5Yhmy.gif

Yes, I'm perfectly willing to believe in the heat of the moment she overstated it considering he left bruises. I guess we'll just see how the assault charges work out.
(hint: he settles out of court)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mrit posted:

They are waiting for marching orders.

more like walking papers

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Montasque posted:

I don't know twitter culture, so I'm not sure how this works, but is there some kind of ball of posting energy growing, waiting for them to say something? Is there a metric of their radio silence?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i wouldnt be surprised in the NE story is total bullshit

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

cruz loving the Trump CNN BUllet Necklace chick seems too perfect. it was probably just some river oaks or west u housewife or something.

i can see it now....a rendezvous at the river oaks starbucks, another, weeks later at the starbucks across the street from that starbucks

Montasque posted:

it's possible they're asleep, unlike us weirdos

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fullhouse posted:

there's not a much better word for an old man explaining to a black activist that Actually, Democrats Are The Real Racists, among other complete nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUIs5K2Snpk

Democrats arent THE real racists, but they are real racists.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Proof this is that Breitbart bombshell via the author that teased it:

https://twitter.com/LibertarianBlue/status/713246777231585280

This poo poo is real. Praise Jesus.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Montasque posted:

To be fair it is like the middle of the night

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Man this is great the tea party "gently caress the poor and welfare" half of the GOP and the racists are tearing each other apart over whose idol's wife is hotter and hosed more or less women.

if Hillary wasn't such a shady and corrupt candidate herself this would be a slam dunk for the dems but no we had to have her

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

It all fits together so perfectly. It has to be real.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

They stopped posting around 11pm eastern, around the time Amanda Carpenter being one of the women broke. These guys stay up till 2am Eastern time poo poo posting about Trump on twitter.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Typo posted:

Man this is great the tea party "gently caress the poor and welfare" half of the GOP and the racists are tearing each other apart over whose idol's wife is hotter and hosed more or less women.

if Hillary wasn't such a shady and corrupt candidate herself this would be a slam dunk for the dems but no we had to have her

Hillary is shady and corrupt but she's also going to be the next president. The GOP is loving done.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Typo posted:

I think its great we have real alternatives this year. Hillary, Sanders and Trump all have something to offer.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Hillary is shady and corrupt but she's also going to be the next president. The GOP is loving done.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

oh no! Jeb's credibility is ruined

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Zo posted:

Also 100% chance that Trump campaign knew, hence branding Cruz as "lyin" and "cheatin" from day one.

:vince:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i definitely feel like a 10 year old waiting for the christmas presents to open come the morning

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

eventually it's going to be Jeb nominated by the party at a brokered convention after Trump destroys literally everyone else in his wake.

and joementum is going to laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Squizzle posted:

You have to post the next few tweets with that.

https://twitter.com/joel_luther/status/713194296380432386

https://twitter.com/joel_luther/status/713204498232164352

https://twitter.com/joel_luther/status/713204707582427136

Dude is strongly implying that Cruz's campaign paid Fiorina's half a million because one of his oozetakers asked.

what did all of these say they've been deleted

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Holy poo poo I wake up and there's a loving Ted Cruz sex tape? The best election.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

also im drunk and should probably not have posted that thing earlier. its just gossip

Bullet necklace campaigned for Cruz in 2012 so it all fits together perfectly actually.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

well, ive been keeping this to myself because i had no other actual evidence of this, but im from houston and some of my family is involved in the local republican party bullshit, and several months ago my aunt said she would never vote for ted cruz because it was well known he had cheated on his wife and they had nearly divorced, and the only reason they stayed together was because she had political ambitions of her own.

just gossip but yeah

:magical:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Montasque posted:

They stopped posting around 11pm eastern, around the time Amanda Carpenter being one of the women broke. These guys stay up till 2am Eastern time poo poo posting about Trump on twitter.

Deace is the smoking gun. He NEVER stops. They definitely are awaiting some sort of plan of action.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

It doesn't matter at all for the people here who still think Trump is dumb. The constant victories in which he manipulates the entire media into thinking he is finished until said media has to report he has been vindicated never registers as skill to them. They think he continues to operate off-the-cuff and he gets lucky each time.

In November these posters will still think he lucked his way into the oval and that's fine because their rage will be absolutely hilarious.

My rage would be hilarious if that happened, to an outside perspective, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I am losing my gatdamn mind over here.

• Locked thread