Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to play with all 4 seasons, summer, fall, winter, and spring? At least a decent mod for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Fasdar posted:

Map is based on Tosa-Shimizu, Shikoku, Japan. Taken from terrain.party and modified.

Is this map on steam? I really like it

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Jel Shaker posted:

I would love that

In sim 4 I'd often neglect bridges just to ensure I had an amazing water taxi network

My ferries were packed in that game, it was a fun little thing. And seeing the boats move about! Joy.

I really want garbage-barges now. I'll make garbage island and it will be wonderful/disgusting.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Count Roland posted:

My ferries were packed in that game, it was a fun little thing. And seeing the boats move about! Joy.

aw yea

No subways or anything to the central business island. YOU WILL TAKE FERRIES TO WORK AND YOU WILL LIKE THEM.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 25, 2016

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

super fart shooter posted:

Is this map on steam? I really like it

Neo Tosashimizu

Enjoy!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Can someone help me figure this out?

The two blank blocks in the middle are former low-density residential districts. I dezoned them to rezone as high-density residential and... nothing happened despite my demand meter being completely full. Out of curiosity, I zoned those two blocks over to the right high density residential, out of the district... and they filled instantly. I reverted back to an earlier save and no amount of changing district policies, fiddling with parks or transport, etc. made those two blocks refill. Am I missing something?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Does it have a district style?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Kat Delacour posted:

Does it have a district style?

... yeah, it's set to the Brooklyn pack, which I assumed had high-density residential.

Whoops.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is there a site that tracks Good Mods? The workshop interface is poo poo.

Here, pretty much. The official forums are a cesspool of screaming retards, the reddit sub is full of autists, and Simtropolis is very much focused on interaction about the mod/assetbuilding process and showing off with some cool pics.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Is there a way to play with all 4 seasons, summer, fall, winter, and spring? At least a decent mod for it?

Nope.

Koesj fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 25, 2016

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Has it always been the case that you can't have rails cross roads? I swear I've had rail crossings before, but I can't do it anymore.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Has it always been the case that you can't have rails cross roads? I swear I've had rail crossings before, but I can't do it anymore.

You should be able to. You have to first build one of the rail or road. Then build the other into the side of it, to make a "T-intersection", then continue on the other side to make a full intersection. You can't just cross them.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

nielsm posted:

You should be able to. You have to first build one of the rail or road. Then build the other into the side of it, to make a "T-intersection", then continue on the other side to make a full intersection. You can't just cross them.

Ah, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
What mod is my best option if I just want to have pedestrian paths be zoneable? I find it really annoying that they aren't by default. Even terrible, sprawling NA cities have a least a few pedestrian streets.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Lemony posted:

What mod is my best option if I just want to have pedestrian paths be zoneable? I find it really annoying that they aren't by default. Even terrible, sprawling NA cities have a least a few pedestrian streets.

I think you're gonna need a mod for emergency/service vehicles to use those paths too.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Lemony posted:

I'm pretty sure Network Extensions has something like that.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Networks extension doesn't make paths zoneable, but it has pedestrian roads that are, along with several other kinds of roads.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

GenericServices posted:

This was a little ways back, but does Rush Hour actually improve tourism substantially enough to be worth doing for more than just personal amusement? I'm not even talking about making money, necessarily, just actually having tourists come use the facilities in large numbers would be great for building a tropical island paradise. I'm already using Rush Hour on a Raerei Cove city I'm building and if I can get mainland slobs to come ride jetskis and clog up my buses it'd be sweet.

Rush Hour seems to make a huge difference with tourism, as well as giving your After Dark hotels a reason to exist by making them function as hotels.

Making a fully tourism focused city would be worth a shot.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Rush Hour seems to make a huge difference with tourism, as well as giving your After Dark hotels a reason to exist by making them function as hotels.

Making a fully tourism focused city would be worth a shot.

Well, time to give that a try. Tropico-style island money hole, here I come!

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

started a new city for the new content. i modified one of the workshop maps (spykerbrook by zakerias) to add the port area in, took a while to get right but i think it looks good so far. all the industry growables are from the workshop as well.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Canals would have more game use if water pressure was a thing I think.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Metrication posted:

started a new city for the new content. i modified one of the workshop maps (spykerbrook by zakerias) to add the port area in, took a while to get right but i think it looks good so far. all the industry growables are from the workshop as well.

are you able to share the map with edits?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Is there a way to control what train model is used on specific lines?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Zero One posted:

Is there a way to control what train model is used on specific lines?

Improved Public Transport can do this for passenger trains (or any other public transport, like buses or trams). I recommend using it in conjunction with Advanced Vehicle Options. Both are super user friendly and give you great control over your public transit.

Service Vehicle Selector can apparently be used to control what train type will spawn from a given cargo station, but I haven't used this mod personally so I don't know if it's any good.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

YF-23 posted:

Networks extension doesn't make paths zoneable, but it has pedestrian roads that are, along with several other kinds of roads.

Close enough I guess. Hadn't considered that you'd need something in place to allow emergency vehicle access.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Reason posted:

are you able to share the map with edits?

i think i should be able to upload the map file somewhere if i can find it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Bold Robot posted:

Improved Public Transport can do this for passenger trains (or any other public transport, like buses or trams). I recommend using it in conjunction with Advanced Vehicle Options. Both are super user friendly and give you great control over your public transit.

Service Vehicle Selector can apparently be used to control what train type will spawn from a given cargo station, but I haven't used this mod personally so I don't know if it's any good.

Thanks. IPT looks like what I want.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Canal locks would be pretty cool and canal boats lazily sailing down the canals.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Does anyone have a certified List of Good Mods? I like to unsub from everything after a while and for new patches and start afresh but I'm terrible at remembering or noting down the Good Mods.I know some goons list poo poo every now and then but I can't be bothered to go looking through the thread. Speaking of which one of you with a lot of posts in this thread should make a new thread and keep the OP updated with the good basic mods and maybe collections etc. It'd be pretty handy and the OP of this thread is pretty outdated now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Megadyptes posted:

Does anyone have a certified List of Good Mods? I like to unsub from everything after a while and for new patches and start afresh but I'm terrible at remembering or noting down the Good Mods.I know some goons list poo poo every now and then but I can't be bothered to go looking through the thread. Speaking of which one of you with a lot of posts in this thread should make a new thread and keep the OP updated with the good basic mods and maybe collections etc. It'd be pretty handy and the OP of this thread is pretty outdated now.

Whew... I was worried for a second there that our streak of 173 straight pages with that question being asked at least once was about to be broken.

But the OP doesn't need a list of Good Mods for the most mod-centric game since Skyrim, that's crazy talk!

e: serious point so this post isn't just a waste of internet bits, like Skyrim I wonder if there shouldn't this thread for the game itself (which would be used pretty much exclusively for pretty pretty pictures) and a separate Skylines Mods Thread (which would be where 95% of the posting happens because, again, modding Skylines is how you play Skylines).

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 25, 2016

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Gotta stick to traditions.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Eric the Mauve posted:

Whew... I was worried for a second there that our streak of 173 straight pages with that question being asked at least once was about to be broken.

But the OP doesn't need a list of Good Mods for the most mod-centric game since Skyrim, that's crazy talk!

e: serious point so this post isn't just a waste of internet bits, like Skyrim I wonder if there shouldn't this thread for the game itself (which would be used pretty much exclusively for pictures) and a separate Skylines Mods Thread (which would be where 95% of the posting happens because, again, modding Skylines is how you play Skylines).

I will say that personally I wanted to get back into Skylines but since you do have to mod it to play it (like you say) I just went 'eeehhh' until Fish Fry Andy posted that one list. Then I was back into the game and it owned, then it updated and it's all in chaos again and I've kind of given up because I can't keep track of what did what and what is broken now and what isn't . So, personally, a modding thread would be excellent because the current op for this thread is useless to anyone actually playing the game, it's only useful to sell the game to new people ~which~ I think is past it's usefulness.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
We already had a modding thread; it was about creating stuff. Since mods can be very much central to C:S' gameplay I suggest we keep it all in one, neat and tidy, alrrady not that heavily traveled place. Here.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Well for that matter, I'm just now getting back into the game and trying not to gently caress up basic progression gameplay. Are there any must-have mods to use as (effectively) a new player?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Eric the Mauve posted:

e: serious point so this post isn't just a waste of internet bits, like Skyrim I wonder if there shouldn't this thread for the game itself (which would be used pretty much exclusively for pretty pretty pictures) and a separate Skylines Mods Thread (which would be where 95% of the posting happens because, again, modding Skylines is how you play Skylines).

This thread doesn't really get enough traffic for it to need to be bifurcated, this isn't minecraft/skyrim/fallout. Also it wouldn't really change anything - new players would find this thread first, ask about mods, then get directed to the other thread, as opposed to now where they come into this thread, ask about mods, and (sometimes) get answers.

A better move would just be for someone who plays C:S more actively to make a new thread and keep the OP updated with a good list of mods.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

i'm building a dam

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The canals let you make some nice features for your cities:

Once I unlock the rest of the map I'm going to dam off a valley and flood it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 25, 2016

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!
oh no

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The poop flew too close to the sun.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUQiUFZ5RDw

(in this case, the bad moon is an rear end)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Bold Robot posted:

This thread doesn't really get enough traffic for it to need to be bifurcated, this isn't minecraft/skyrim/fallout. Also it wouldn't really change anything - new players would find this thread first, ask about mods, then get directed to the other thread, as opposed to now where they come into this thread, ask about mods, and (sometimes) get answers.

A better move would just be for someone who plays C:S more actively to make a new thread and keep the OP updated with a good list of mods.

Yeah this, this would be excellent.