Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

graybook posted:

Why is this song so fun

It's slowly driving me insane. I really like the song though. It's probably making me better at other master songs as well since I keep trying to master the master version. I'm up to a B-combo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
my attempts at master event song result in failure.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

My brain can't handle this part, so it's impossible for me. Maybe if I dump in a teamload of healers but I wouldn't count on it.

Also I've stated my position on not spending money on these but sometimes it's tough

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A dozen more gems and I can pull for Maki on my alt account. Easily doable once the battery recharges.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

My brain can't handle this part, so it's impossible for me. Maybe if I dump in a teamload of healers but I wouldn't count on it.

Also I've stated my position on not spending money on these but sometimes it's tough

for that part i was just moving my hands symmetrically, rather than tapping one side, and slide on the other i just did a slide on both sides. still missed a lot tho. and the rest of the song i missed a lot too. 60 misses, 13 bad, 12 nice, 28 great, 663 perfect

tbh i felt like i did a lot worse, but either way i can't pass the song, not with that many misses.

the part like right after the 2nd time it does that thing you posted is the part i am super bad at:

Skwee fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 25, 2016

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

first time i saw a pattern like that i just kind of broke for a while cause i couldnt parse it out fast enough

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Polsy posted:

I learned how to hit sliders is basically it. Well, I still can't handle crisscrossing sliders, or when a certain song decides to drop a whole chain that covers the whole screen that I can't even tell where it begins or ends.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

Is that the regular line spacing? Something about that looks too big. Also I cheat and just swipe both sides out. It [mostly] works just fine. For some of them, at least (especially the edge ones). But I also am never getting a decent combo on that on Master anyway, so :shrug: It is nice, though, in that the song is only like three blocks of patterns.

Some good names here:

Also, still a good message

I'm glad this game now lets me collect jeweled clovers, alongside various types of hearts and atomizers and whatever the hell else

The 'opponent gauge' in the new event is only useful to a certain point, I noticed:

That loving gauge also helpfully tells you your opponent's combo ranking, which I guess could be useful but how the hell are you going to have the time to pay attention to that, the seven other blinking/flashing/ moving things on the screen, and the beatmap?

Also, every waifu has the same sad waifu animation. Much like any game where you can play dress-up, the effect is sorta hit-or-miss.

Girlfriend♪.png

Also there's a button on the main screen to swap between center-waifu mode and card-waifu mode. So there's that. (I think it's just the leader of each team, but I haven't gone to check). And the date/time info on their event page isn't in its little box, which I think is pretty funny. Also, kinda hard to read since only half of it is on a solid field as a result.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm not really participating in the EN event, but I'm occasionally burning my stamina in an EX match and purposefully failing for a handful of points and to be nice. As a consequence, I've been matched up against worse and worse people, so when I decided to go ahead and play After School Navigators when it came up and FC'd it, I absolutely annihilated the poor things, even with a suboptimal Nico team.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Is that the regular line spacing? Something about that looks too big. Also I cheat and just swipe both sides out. It [mostly] works just fine. For some of them, at least (especially the edge ones). But I also am never getting a decent combo on that on Master anyway, so :shrug: It is nice, though, in that the song is only like three blocks of patterns.

That's default speed, so yeah, it'll probably look unfamiliar. I'll have another try when I get more rehearsal tickets I guess, I can do a lot of the inbetween bits fine.

Zenostein posted:

I'm glad this game now lets me collect jeweled clovers, alongside various types of hearts and atomizers and whatever the hell else

I think they let you upgrade cards without having another copy of it to upgrade with, but I doubt they'll be handing those out for free often.

Zenostein posted:

Girlfriend♪.png

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

My lovely behavior came back to bite me in the rear end!!!!

Luckily it was in SS and not SIF.

I now hate Onegai Cinderella.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm not really participating in the EN event, but I'm occasionally burning my stamina in an EX match and purposefully failing for a handful of points and to be nice. As a consequence, I've been matched up against worse and worse people, so when I decided to go ahead and play After School Navigators when it came up and FC'd it, I absolutely annihilated the poor things, even with a suboptimal Nico team.

there's actual matchmaking like that? i thought it just threw you in with random people

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

A dozen more gems and I can pull for Maki on my alt account. Easily doable once the battery recharges.

I did this when I realized JP poops out a bunch of normies on you.

Helped that I'm able to full combo a bunch of the songs on Expert rotation.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

there's actual matchmaking like that? i thought it just threw you in with random people

It matchmakes somehow, yeah, based on your recent score or maybe placement. The latter, I think?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Some log in event for ENSIF, scouting ticket then gold, then scouting ticket.

also i find it amazing how i am playing ENSIF and JPSIF both as much as I can with just regular LP regen, no loveca, and in ENSIF's event I am in 20,249th place, but in JPSIF's event I am in 163,944th place.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

Some log in event for ENSIF, scouting ticket then gold, then scouting ticket.

also i find it amazing how i am playing ENSIF and JPSIF both as much as I can with just regular LP regen, no loveca, and in ENSIF's event I am in 20,249th place, but in JPSIF's event I am in 163,944th place.

A lot more people in JP.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The tiers are something like 10x the size in JP, as well.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
so i guess in terms of tiering i am actually doing better in JPSIF

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
finally got very very train again. haven't had it since the first day of the event.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Alt account received the government-mandated minimum wage:

I then used a ticket I got from fulfilling a mission by making the duplicate Makis eat each other, and:

Zep's going to kill me. My 4th Umi UR.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
nice

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
MOTHERFUCKER I HATE YOU ALL.

Also I finally FC'd the event song for SS on Pro. Kept on screwing up on a single note.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

March 22: Nico
March 23: Hanayo
March 24: Nozomi
March 25: Maki
March 26: Rin
March 27: Umi
March 28: Kotori
March 29: Eli
March 30: Honoka

MAKI!

RIN DAY TOMORROW.

THEN.

THEN.

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
SSR Sae, aaaaaaa

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/status/713246022986829824

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sae-han...

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
That Haru Yuki card is worth like 500 energy drinks in Mobam@s.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

oh no…

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Zettace posted:

That Haru Yuki card is worth like 500 energy drinks in Mobam@s.
Whooo.

All in all, a decent pull.

I have enough for another pull but to be honest, I don't care for Sae.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Man, i really wished for an ultra rare

I got this one a couple of weeks ago

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Noooooooo

Syoko-chan! I missed her...

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/taku1122/status/713218875878313985

It's Yayoi's Birthday!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Precious poverty idol!

Uu-uu~ uu-uu~

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Surprised anyone would reference Xenoglossia in 2016, but here we are

X

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

http://twitter.com/sorainoue/status/713372833997389824/photo/1

Old-ish pic, but I'm glad Sora Inoue loves Im@s

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Polsy posted:

Surprised anyone would reference Xenoglossia in 2016, but here we are

X

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
10+1 Rin pulls, 1 SR.

I hope y'all are ready to die.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am regretting my decision to go for S/S/S on the Pro Event song. Still 11 more to go...

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
ill do a rin pull prob in like 12 hours

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/you2sei/status/713018244005634048

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU