Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Still more or less about Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Geostomp posted:

They also get to sidestep the fact that being Magneto's kids puts them in their fifties at minimum since WWII is so important to his backstory and he doesn't get to cheat by being frozen like Captain America.

It also sidesteps him not existing in any capacity in that world since Fox 100% own the rights to him along with about 60% of the decent villains Marvel has.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

SSNeoman posted:

who actually gives a gently caress?

Pretty much the correct response to 99% of Drunky Duck's Old Man Yells at Cloud style rants.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Jedit posted:

Before:

After:

(E: and that's before you mention the second Ultimate Spider-man being mixed race or the new Miss Marvel being a Muslim.)

Some Finns lost their poo poo when their national hero Mannerheim was portrayed by a black actor. Then again, the filming was done in Kenya with the entire cast being kenyian. :v:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Eagerly awaiting today/tomorrow's Cruz Sex Scandal cartoons.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some things weren't meant for a visual medium, gradenko.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Trump promised to spill the beans on ted's wife, not to his wife. What the hell? Does he not know how idioms work or is this not the promised beans?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm kind of torn. One one hand, despise Cruz slightly more than Trump. On the other, I hate that sex scandals override everything actually terrible that a politician does. On the third, I love seeing the GOP eat itself.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Krinkle posted:

Trump promised to spill the beans on ted's wife, not to his wife. What the hell? Does he not know how idioms work or is this not the promised beans?

He promised not to spill the beans on Ted's affairs, so he just spilled the beans on Ted's wife losing her mind because of the affairs.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wait, you guys are treating tabloid papers as fact now?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Hermetic posted:

My personal favorite comic on the issue:

Source

Oh no, fun, how awful :rolleyes:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Not really, but I for one enjoy watching the magic that is the GOP nomination. Donald might be the worst of the bunch but it's magical to see republicans throwing themself on him only to be struck down, and the potential of the last standing and (second) most hated republican drowning in the mudpool republicans created is just topping on the cake.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

Before:

After:

(E: and that's before you mention the second Ultimate Spider-man being mixed race or the new Miss Marvel being a Muslim.)

Ultimate Nick Fury is a different person. So is Ultimate Spider Man.

Personally, I don't like the idea of race-swapping comic book heroes. It's easy enough to take existing heroes and make a different race character who has the same power set.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

gradenko_2000 posted:

"Cruz sex scandal" may be the most hideous words anyone has ever uttered.

That said, they'll probably all look like this:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

Super Saiyan Mr. T posted:

Will this do? I was bored and remembered your request...

mai waifu :swoon:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So like every other holiday.

The Talmud actually says that on Purim you're supposed to drink until you can no longer distinguish between the phrases "blessed is Mordecai" and "cursed is Haman"

those are not similar phrases

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

Ultimate Nick Fury is a different person. So is Ultimate Spider Man.

Ultimate Spider-Man is two different people. Peter Parker is white, Miles Morales is not. And yes, poo poo was lost when Ultimate Peter died and was replaced with a half black half Hispanic character.

As for Nick Fury: I didn't post a picture of Ultimate Nick Fury. 616-Fury had a mixed race son, Nick Jr, who became a SHIELD agent and took over as director when his father retired. So again two different people, but both in the same universe and one replacing the other - which is what was suggested, and the only way it can be done short of Mysterio's Blackification Ray.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's goes to note that White Nick Fury has been written out of the comics and hasn't shown up in any marketing material for years iirc

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's goes to note that White Nick Fury has been written out of the comics and hasn't shown up in any marketing material for years iirc

The alure of Samuel L. Jackson is too great for OG Nick Fury to complete with.

Jedit posted:

Ultimate Spider-Man is two different people. Peter Parker is white, Miles Morales is not. And yes, poo poo was lost when Ultimate Peter died and was replaced with a half black half Hispanic character.

As for Nick Fury: I didn't post a picture of Ultimate Nick Fury. 616-Fury had a mixed race son, Nick Jr, who became a SHIELD agent and took over as director when his father retired. So again two different people, but both in the same universe and one replacing the other - which is what was suggested, and the only way it can be done short of Mysterio's Blackification Ray.

I'm not too clear, but isn't Miles Morales in the normal Marvel Universe now too after they destroyed the universe and remade it?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Geostomp posted:

I'm not too clear, but isn't Miles Morales in the normal Marvel Universe now too after they destroyed the universe and remade it?

He is, yes, so there are two Spider-Men (plus Spider-Woman, several Spider-Girls and Spider-Gwen). But Miles started out as a replacement, is the point.

Just to keep things political:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

Jedit posted:

He is, yes, so there are two Spider-Men (plus Spider-Woman, several Spider-Girls and Spider-Gwen). But Miles started out as a replacement, is the point.

One of these is a good caricature, the other one kind of looks like a black Michael Keaton

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

This is like the third cartoon I've seen comparing Trump to Frankenstein and Cruz to Dracula, did somebody say a thing or are the liberal cartoonists just cribbing off each other now

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Frankenstein is a pretty apt metaphor for Trump, him being the monster the Republican party created, pieced together from their worst excesses. I guess Dracula just makes a natural counterpoint to it?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It works pretty well because Ted Cruz is definitely undead.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
At the very least, he looks like a rotting corpse.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Farecoal posted:

Oh no, fun, how awful :rolleyes:

Oh no, a comedy writer not liking low effort lolrandom humor!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tenebrais posted:

Frankenstein is a pretty apt metaphor for Trump, him being the monster the Republican party created, pieced together from their worst excesses. I guess Dracula just makes a natural counterpoint to it?

It's because Ted Cruz looks like Grandpa Munster, who is a vampire.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Tenebrais posted:

Who's Kasich then? Wolfman?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Nenonen posted:

Who's Kasich then? Wolfman?

The invisible man

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FishBulb posted:

And a blood sucking parasite.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Angepain posted:

colonel_korn posted:

This is like the third cartoon I've seen comparing Trump to Frankenstein and Cruz to Dracula, did somebody say a thing or are the liberal cartoonists just cribbing off each other now

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. I JUST noticed the tiny hands. Frankenstein trump has too-small-hands sewed onto his arms.

This mediocre Bennett has just gone up in value 10 fold for me.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

FishBulb posted:

Did any of the Zodiac Killer's victims have their blood drained?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Angepain posted:

It helps that Cruz looks like Grandpa Munster.

edit: gently caress, didn't see the new posts

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Jedit posted:

That second picture looks like hot garbage.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

FishBulb posted:

The invisible man

:golfclap:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Jedit posted:

My favorite thing about this picture is that everyone is always so focused on that terrible likeness of Obama that it takes a few seconds to notice Spidey's weird skull.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

And a blood sucking parasite.

And a serial killer.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Tom Guycot posted:

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. I JUST noticed the tiny hands. Frankenstein trump has too-small-hands sewed onto his arms.

This mediocre Bennett has just gone up in value 10 fold for me.
Ahahahaha holy poo poo you're right, oh my god that is amazing. Congrats Bennett, that cartoon just made my morning now.:allears:

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

This stretched metaphor comparing one thing to another thing if you ignore what it actually looks like is making me wonder whatever happened to Bill Leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Professor Wayne posted:

My favorite thing about this picture is that everyone is always so focused on that terrible likeness of Obama that it takes a few seconds to notice Spidey's weird skull.

Your friendly neighbourhood xenomorph-man

• Locked thread