Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

clockworkjoe posted:

copy from reddit:

Even maxed out, Maniac does not give that much protection to the crew. It adds a slight buffer, but it won't save you from a black dozer. I wonder if it breaks like armor or if carryover damage just applies directly to you - i.e. if I get hit from 1 attack for 100 damage and I can absorb 20 points of it with Hysteria, will the last 80 points carry over or will it be dropped? I assume snipers still go through that, but what about normal attacks?

Yeah but add that to the other deck bonuses and its not bad when they're all buffing each other in their own ways. It not supposed to be amazing on its own.

Basticle posted:

So I didnt recognize generic american heister that says "shut up hoxton" and drives the van later but apparently hes wearing Wolf's mask :wtc:

INTRODUCING WOLF'S SON, JACKAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Yeah but add that to the other deck bonuses and its not bad when they're all buffing each other in their own ways. It not supposed to be amazing on its own.

This is what I'm curious about. An all-synergy team might be interesting. Gambler, Armorer, Crew Chief and now Maniac, I think, are all the ones that add crew bonuses, right?

I'm also curious how it interacts with other decks that reduce damage, namely, Infiltrator.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Muscle and Sociopath kind of fit with being decks that panic cops, but the ones you listed I think are the only ones that directly buff everyone else right now or in the new peck deck systems coming out. I still like decks giving the most to the one who equips them, but having side bonuses to the entire crew keeps the decks from falling into the Hitman trap where its just a wet fart of using Akimbos without the skill. Oh boy. :effort:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The new Hitman is great, I can shout people up and use ICTV and dual-wield SMGs and you've got poor taste if that sounds unappealing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah but it took the inclusion of another Akimbo weapon type for it to get better than just pistols. If they add in akimbo shotties, akinbo rifles, akimbo LMGs, maybe even double grenade launchers, it wouldn't be restricted to something you just put in a Fugitive build that somehow didn't get the Akimbo skill. But the more that they open that up, the more Hitman is workable to anything but a very specific and niche thing that it frankly could be replaced by a much more useful perk deck up until today.

EDIT:Especially if they do LMGs and Shotguns. No need to fry your brain trying to think up a build that goes up the fugitive tree to get good Akimbo but then build a sort of decent Materforcer on the side when you can just use your favorite current build and slap Hitman on it to get that free akimbo ability. But that doesn't open up until they make Akimbo have more options by allowing you to double your pleasure with even more types of guns.

A miracle occurred today where OVERKILL made Hitman significantly better than it could ever have hoped to be before dual SMGs.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 25, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wake me up when I can use akimbo Krinkovs.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Crabtree posted:

Yeah but it took the inclusion of another Akimbo weapon type for it to get better than just pistols. If they add in akimbo shotties, akinbo rifles, akimbo LMGs, maybe even double grenade launchers, it wouldn't be restricted to something you just put in a Fugitive build that somehow didn't get the Akimbo skill. But the more that they open that up, the more Hitman is workable to anything but a very specific and niche thing that it frankly could be replaced by a much more useful perk deck up until today.

EDIT:Especially if they do LMGs and Shotguns. No need to fry your brain trying to think up a build that goes up the fugitive tree to get good Akimbo but then build a sort of decent Materforcer on the side when you can just use your favorite current build and slap Hitman on it to get that free akimbo ability. But that doesn't open up until they make Akimbo have more options by allowing you to double your pleasure with even more types of guns.

A miracle occurred today where OVERKILL made Hitman significantly better than it could ever have hoped to be before dual SMGs.

i'm more looking forwards to dual-wielding sawn-off mosconis

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Finally was able to get home and watch the trailer and uh... what the gently caress?

All the extraordinary supernatural things happening with the blonde guy and Jimmy just... gently caress me.

Also, like, what the hell? Was that Pete actually playing Hoxton? He didn't look like the other actor at all. And then the masks at the end, like I get they wanted the iconic four masks, but Hoxton doesn't wear that mask anymore and I'm pretty sure with the American accent and being one of the Clowns that was clearly Houston and not Wolf, yet he puts on the Wolf mask when he gets out of the van, like... excuse the gently caress out of me?

This trailer is loving weird.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

Finally was able to get home and watch the trailer and uh... what the gently caress?

All the extraordinary supernatural things happening with the blonde guy and Jimmy just... gently caress me.

Also, like, what the hell? Was that Pete actually playing Hoxton? He didn't look like the other actor at all. And then the masks at the end, like I get they wanted the iconic four masks, but Hoxton doesn't wear that mask anymore and I'm pretty sure with the American accent and being one of the Clowns that was clearly Houston and not Wolf, yet he puts on the Wolf mask when he gets out of the van, like... excuse the gently caress out of me?

This trailer is loving weird.

Hoxton's lines sounded dubbed in to me. Not sure what was up with Wolf though, because that was definitely nowhere near him

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The supernatural stuff was definitely unexpected at first, but given that there were zombies in the first game, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

With that said, Jimmy's cokemonster strut at the end cracked me up more than it probably should have.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
That's just Hardcore Henry's world creeping in -- unless we'll be fighting PSI Operatives from XCOM next. THE COPS WERE ACTUALLY ALIENS/ADVENT TROOPS ALL ALONG!

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Wintermutant posted:

The supernatural stuff was definitely unexpected at first, but given that there were zombies in the first game, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

With that said, Jimmy's cokemonster strut at the end cracked me up more than it probably should have.

his eyes are bloodshot ingame and the first line I masked up, he made a sound like he was snorting coke before he started talking about masking up

e: oh. there's also coke on his jacket, including a hand print. goddamn he is a mess

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 25, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm more excited than I should be for "The Payday Gang save the world".

Also where's my psyker perk deck overshill you fucks

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Oh gently caress guys. I figured it out.

We have zombies, guys with telekenisis, and a guy who comes back from the dead.

That explains how Jacket ended up in this universe... if all that poo poo is possible, so is dimensional rifts.

When Miami is nuked at the end of HLM2, and you start Hard Mode, Jacket isn't there. Richard is. That's because Jacket didn't die. He lived on, and joined the Payday gang.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Don't do this. Any of it.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

LuciferMorningstar posted:

i need to justify the media i partake in

all of it

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Poco HUd the one true hud works out of the box with the new deck.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Hotline Miami 2 fanfiction < Death Vox.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skunkrocker posted:

That explains how Jacket ended up in this universe... if all that poo poo is possible, so is dimensional rifts.

When Miami is nuked at the end of HLM2, and you start Hard Mode, Jacket isn't there. Richard is. That's because Jacket didn't die. He lived on, and joined the Payday gang.

or maybe just go the easier route and say that it's a video game, and dumb poo poo can happen in video games

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

Payday is a game where you murder hundreds of Law enforcement officers, can trade hostages for known criminals ok real time, and this is the poo poo that breaks your immersion?

:lol:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Jeez guys, I'm just having a little fun. Calm down.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW80CDFlICU Delicious

You know, this game would really be the best if they put Dilbert in

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
jacket isn't bound by such trivial things as space and time

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'm still playing with it, but Maniac seems like it's very mediocre. It acts like an extra layer of protection between your armor and your health, but the absolute best you can do is 36 points' worth of damage per person (600 stacks). If a Maniac can max out his whole crew, that's only 144 points' worth of damage negation, but only 36 points at a time. Admittedly, it's rechargeable, but you can only generate 240 stacks (of 600) every 4 seconds. That means you need to put out 600 damage every 4 seconds to get the maximum benefit. Of course, every 8 seconds, you lose ~60% of what you've gained, so you're constantly fighting to keep your stacks up. If there weren't some restrictions on how much negation you can generate, it would be stupidly broken, and I get that. But right now, I think the gains are extraordinarily minimal.

Contrast to something like Grinder, where you can heal for something like 48 to 96 health every six seconds or so. Or Ex-Presidents, where you can store a fairly substantial amount of backup health. At that point, who really cares about taking damage? You'll just heal it back as long as you stay alive. With Maniac, you will, at some point, get chipped to death/into using resources.

If there weren't a bunch of health regen decks, I think this would be a pretty good deck. But that's not the case. Or if there were more team synergy decks, then I could see this fitting in. But why bother with Gambler when everyone can run Grinder/Muscle and heal faster?

At this point, my conclusion is that the deck is functional, but only in a "can I make this gimmick work" sense. If the decay got removed, I think it would probably be in a good position, but it's hard to say without being able to test that sort of thing.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Boy, I love these akimbo SMGs, but how do I properly minmax with them?

Don't worry, fellow sperg! Try this: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSLmhJEfGbDa:eIEDa:ghjECa:fqrsoKhiEFGbCa:ibcdea:pN8::s90-4-17-14-21:

[site is out of date; add a Concealment boost to the Micro Uzi and the akimbo Heathers, also put the stocks and some competitor's compensators on the Heathers, laser too of course, should get 24 / 31 conceal for 4 visibility]

I figure with Grinder and that much bullet hosing, basic Cat Burglar isn't super necessary. If I still want all my favorite skills (aced Inspire, aced Stun Resistance, basic Bullseye/Sneaky Bastard/Akimbo/Low Blow) it's either Cat Burglar or Shinobi getting axed for the SMG reload speed.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Any chance I could grab that overkill pack from you?

hi yes sorry profile // trade offer (I think I just set my gift inventory to visible so you can trade offer for an Overkill pack)

I'll happily take a trading card or two for whatever if you feel like being generous

Doctor Smiles
Jul 26, 2007

I bonk all night,
and I bonk all day.
Grimey Drawer
Jimmy is great for annoying other players if you're like me and spam PocoRose commands constantly. He also looks great with the Groucho glasses, but that's just my opinion.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i seriously love jimmy's suit

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

I should also add that the whole "4 seconds" thing apparently means "once you start killing, we start counting to 4. When we're done, you'll get your stacks, but not before then." So for the intervening period, you get nothing. That's bad and really ought to go away. Give me my stacks as I accumulate them.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm still playing with it, but Maniac seems like it's very mediocre. It acts like an extra layer of protection between your armor and your health, but the absolute best you can do is 36 points' worth of damage per person (600 stacks). If a Maniac can max out his whole crew, that's only 144 points' worth of damage negation, but only 36 points at a time. Admittedly, it's rechargeable, but you can only generate 240 stacks (of 600) every 4 seconds. That means you need to put out 600 damage every 4 seconds to get the maximum benefit. Of course, every 8 seconds, you lose ~60% of what you've gained, so you're constantly fighting to keep your stacks up. If there weren't some restrictions on how much negation you can generate, it would be stupidly broken, and I get that. But right now, I think the gains are extraordinarily minimal.

Contrast to something like Grinder, where you can heal for something like 48 to 96 health every six seconds or so. Or Ex-Presidents, where you can store a fairly substantial amount of backup health. At that point, who really cares about taking damage? You'll just heal it back as long as you stay alive. With Maniac, you will, at some point, get chipped to death/into using resources.

If there weren't a bunch of health regen decks, I think this would be a pretty good deck. But that's not the case. Or if there were more team synergy decks, then I could see this fitting in. But why bother with Gambler when everyone can run Grinder/Muscle and heal faster?

At this point, my conclusion is that the deck is functional, but only in a "can I make this gimmick work" sense. If the decay got removed, I think it would probably be in a good position, but it's hard to say without being able to test that sort of thing.

Yeah this is still pretty much my conclusion (see my post above). I think from a theorycrafting standpoint you might be able to do something with an all-team-synergy perk list or maybe pair it with Infiltrator or something but at that point you're trying to make something work that just kind of sucks. What's the point of stopping 36 damage, maybe, every 6-8 seconds, when everybody could be healing far more than that on their own?

I think they should have gone all-in on the gimmick. It comes off overly conservative and just frankly not that noticeable. I like Gambler because if I'm trying to do a leader thing it strikes me as the most proactive and team-useful perk deck while still providing healing. Maniac doesn't provide enough benefit to me to justify the barely noticeable benefit it gives to my team, and it's completely counter-intuitive at that. I can't heal myself and it provides a very tiny layer of damage reduction, but it wants me to run into the street and madly gun down cops. It doesn't work.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
That Dallas hair in the trailer.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
that trailer was really drat fun and stupid, which is really all i can ask

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Doctor Smiles posted:

Jimmy is great for annoying other players if you're like me and spam PocoRose commands constantly. He also looks great with the Groucho glasses, but that's just my opinion.

Tiara is best because you can't see in Jimmy's goofy hair.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm not excited about gimmick decks that make me play all weird when other decks let me go buck wild in either armor or suit.

Hardcore Henry looks like a fun watch, but the camera work seems kind of awkward in that Henry is awkwardly holding his arms as far out as possible to keep the gun on screen.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 25, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That trailer was completely ridiculous, and it lef me hoping they have some more saved for the heist release itself.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
What the gently caress did I just watch :haw:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Jimmy voicelines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFPPH0KWJ5o

"Oi! GYRO!"

Trailer shoot footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFOuIXvyO4s

Enforcer skillz:

:psyduck:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 25, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wow those enforcer trees are loving terrible

Does this mean they're going to buff shotguns again now that you're forced to spend so many points to make them good?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Well, at least it doesn't take a large number of points just to get the saw. And carrying two bags at once sounds good and cool. Just wish we didn't have to ace a top tier skill for fatsuit (among other issues).

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The enforcer tree is everything I could ever want :swoon:

E: Shieldpunching now applies to weapons as well.

watho fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

"Follow me, set me free!" :allears: