Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoo
Jul 5, 2007

snoo has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The Snoo posted:

I had one of those medical info bracelets as a teenager (heart condition) and they're less expensive than a tattoo, they're removable, and they make them in a bunch of different materials like stainless steel, precious metals and hypoallergenic ones, and have silicone bands and poo poo too, in a bunch of different styles. Very customisable and they're actually useful. Why the gently caress would you get a tattoo?? :mad:

You don't like jewelry?

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

The Snoo posted:

I had one of those medical info bracelets as a teenager (heart condition) and they're less expensive than a tattoo, they're removable, and they make them in a bunch of different materials like stainless steel, precious metals and hypoallergenic ones, and have silicone bands and poo poo too, in a bunch of different styles. Very customisable and they're actually useful. Why the gently caress would you get a tattoo?? :mad:

You want an excuse to get a bad rear end highly visible tattoo. Or just a bad visible tattoo.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

fullroundaction posted:

My mom has one of those bracelets that lists a couple medications she's allergic to that will basically kill her if given. Do they ignore those too? Actual question.

Those are legitimate and we do pay attention to those.

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010

The Snoo posted:

Why the gently caress would you get a tattoo?? :mad:

You don't like jewelry.
You work at a job where jewelry is a safety hazard.
You're prone to breaking/losing jewelry.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

JustinMorgan posted:

You don't like jewelry.
This isn't jewlery, it's a thing that stops you from dying that is recognized as being legit by paramedics and other medical professionals.

quote:

You work at a job where jewelry is a safety hazard.
Wear it on your ankle then. They check neck, wrists, and ankles.

quote:

You're prone to breaking/losing jewelry.
They're super cheap, just buy a bunch.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Those are legitimate and we do pay attention to those.

Cool good to know.

I imagine the biggest problem with a medical tattoo is simply that in an emergency situation no one is going to know to look for it since there are no standards fpr placement, size, design, etc. I'm sure in a crisis "tattoos on an arm" is all that EMS would see, not "a sick sugar skull next to a tequila bottle with a label that says xDNRx".

Which is my next piece now.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
if your first responder is to stupid to recognise a diabetic coma then you're in trouble regardless of why you need one

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

this is unfair, she's not looking at it at the beach

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

e: forget it, sorry

snoo has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Mar 25, 2016

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

this is a dave mathews band tattoo

The Snoo posted:

More than one person has said
show me your green day tattoo

ChairmanMeow has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Mar 25, 2016

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Snoo posted:

More than one person has said 'they might hate jewelry' which is sad and I'm sorry they hate wearing a small bracelet, anklet or necklace more than they enjoy living. :(

lol delete this

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

ICHIBAHN posted:

lol delete this

haha he actually did it

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Good

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Seemed like a solid point to me.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Ok Fella posted:

Seemed like a solid point to me.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Who cares he folded like a weak hand at poker who knows what else he'll do

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

FYI it's because, despite trying to contribute to the discussion with my own experience, half of the time people just reply with 'lol green day' because I was a teenage girl who liked music, I guess. Sorry friends. Won't derail this further.

snoo has a new favorite as of 04:19 on Mar 26, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

What's the green mass in his ear?

Spayed cats sometimes get a little green tattoo to indicate that they've already had the procedure.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Re: medical tattoos:

gently caress it, go full Mad Max.

O PLUS HI-OCTANE UNIVERSAL DONOR

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Mar 26, 2016

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Snoo posted:

FYI it's because, despite trying to contribute to the discussion with my own experience, half of the time people just reply with 'lol green day' because I was a teenage girl who liked music, I guess. Sorry friends. Won't derail this further.

Nah it's because your post was pretty dumb. v:shobon:v

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Doesn't really matter, let's move on

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

strangemusic posted:

Re: medical tattoos:

gently caress it, go full Mad Max.

O PLUS HI-OCTANE UNIVERSAL DONOR

I've been contemplating getting a tattoo with my full name and where I was born on my shoulder in the event of someone finding a decapitated tarso somewhere to identify my body. Bad idea? Or maybe just a symptom of paranoia.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

whoda thunkit posted:

I've been contemplating getting a tattoo with my full name and where I was born on my shoulder in the event of someone finding a decapitated tarso somewhere to identify my body. Bad idea? Or maybe just a symptom of paranoia.

Anyone hacking off your head and fingers will probably go the extra yard and remove the tattoo as well, pal

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

ChairmanMeow posted:

This is why I don't trust tattoos.

GIS "Flowers In The Attic Tattoo" http://tinyurl.com/j9ug4la

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

ChairmanMeow posted:

this reminded me that threadless still exists

https://www.threadless.com/product/114/flowers_in_the_attic

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Anyone hacking off your head and fingers will probably go the extra yard and remove the tattoo as well, pal

Fair point. Could be a freak accident though. I mean, i don't work with heavy industrial machinery or even wood chippers but it could happen.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

whoda thunkit posted:

Fair point. Could be a freak accident though. I mean, i don't work with heavy industrial machinery or even wood chippers but it could happen.

You may be right, I guess it's really only a small price for the piece of mind of knowing that your corpse will be identifiable after a freak, head first wood chipper accident :)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

eminkey2003 posted:

This is why I don't trust tattoos.

GIS "Flowers In The Attic Tattoo" http://tinyurl.com/j9ug4la

Perhaps I'm not as up to snuff on those books but what the hell does this dumb design have to do with it?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

ChairmanMeow posted:

Can someone transcribe this? Even zooming in I can't figure out what it says.

"........ Living soul could be upright ...... strong"
"....would be....…"

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/badreligion/sorrow.html

Sort of an anti-Bush song and/or an anti-religion song; certainly nothing at all to do with being raped by your brother in the attic.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Scratch Monkey posted:

Perhaps I'm not as up to snuff on those books but what the hell does this dumb design have to do with it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowers_in_the_Attic

Read the synopsis. Spoilers, obviously.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

ChairmanMeow posted:

I like that song

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Quad posted:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/badreligion/sorrow.html

Sort of an anti-Bush song and/or an anti-religion song; certainly nothing at all to do with being raped by your brother in the attic.

Somehow, her usurping Bad Religion is the thing that pisses me off the most about that tattoo.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Heath posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowers_in_the_Attic

Read the synopsis. Spoilers, obviously.

No, I'm familiar with the story, but at what point in it does suicide by gun or blood-to-butterfly transformations occur?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

whoda thunkit posted:

Is this a common problem where you live?

Otherwise, yes, it's a bad idea.

Scratch that, if decapitation is a problem where you live I'd say think about moving before tattooing your name on yourself.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Scratch Monkey posted:

No, I'm familiar with the story, but at what point in it does suicide by gun or blood-to-butterfly transformations occur?

The tshirt was named that for some reason not sure it was actually connected to the book.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
I shared this in the Tattoo thread, but honestly I think it's tasteless enough to share here as well.

Local controversy going on with NC passing a bill called HB2 that essentially allows a lot of hosed up discrimination, as well as makes it illegal for trans* to use any bathroom but the one that matched their birth gender...
The owner of Forever Tattoo proves quite quickly that apparently he is a pretty gross dude.

Pretty awful, especially if you're familiar with Asheville and the culture here - we're basically the artsy/hippy/all accepting bastion in the mountains, so it's got the whole community in an uproar to see a business react like this.

If anyone's interested, here's the whole commentary thread on FB: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1041375449275259&set=a.853111728101633.1073741827.100002084421118&type=3&fref=nf

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Has anyone called him Rob oval office yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Edit: In retrospect I don't want to bother having this argument with millennials yet again.

PCOS Bill has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Mar 31, 2016

• Locked thread