Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

does this movie have a lot of cgi in it

Snyder relied mostly on practical effects, using CGI only to 'touch up' some set pieces here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shaquin posted:

Nice excellent, waste every ones time with the intro and destroy your credibility on the way out of the post classic

By good I mean a lot of people generally enjoyed it and that it did well at the box office.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Batman: The Animated Series and The Dark Knight are the only good Batmans

There has never been a good Superman anything

I hope to god you're only talking about movies or shows because Superman 64 was the pinnacle of gaming.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

i dont even actually care about the avengers i dont think they are super great but nobody i know likes them even the couple of comic book nerds so its not a contentious issue in my world.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

By good I mean a lot of people generally enjoyed it and that it did well at the box office.

Popularity /= quality

Well, not unless you're a Hollywood executive producer who only cares about profits I guess.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Making "saving the earth" sound like some hard to reach moral choice is very dumb and makes your hero look like the dumbest D&D goon alive.

That and Zod has a ship that can jump to any planet he wants, has a terraforming machine that can make a planet into krypton. All Clark had to do was give him some blood (they even say he does not have to be alive to give them to codex, implying that he very well could be alive and give them what they need).

All clark had to do was tell Zod, go terraform mars and every month or so use your space ship and come back to earth and get more blood for your baby making machine. Everyone wins and zod gets to remake krypton except they all are super powered gods.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

I'm a Bollywood executive producer and I am deeply worried I will be eternally trapped in Samsara

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shaquin posted:

I'm a Bollywood executive producer and I am deeply worried I will be eternally trapped in Samsara

At least in Bollywood a movie is considered a success if 10 people watch it and you are not killed for blasphemy.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

happyhippy posted:

At least in Bollywood a movie is considered a success if 10 people watch it and you are not killed for blasphemy.

Bollywood style physics would have made Batman vs Superman a whole lot better more bearable.

https://i.imgur.com/UDdx7MG.gifv
https://zippy.gfycat.com/OilyInstructiveAiredaleterrier.webm
https://fat.gfycat.com/CarefreeVariableChrysalis.webm

Tindahbawx fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 25, 2016

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

heres yer fucken justice league

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

There is an anti-Superman senator that wants Superman to attend a hearing and explain his actions. Basically, while Superman means well when he saves people, there are also moments where he drops into locations where Lois Lane is investigating (a Middle Eastern terror cell?) and takes care of business. Gets rid of the terror cell, but in response another group murders everyone in that village. So this senator wants Superman to work with them and stop clumsily brute forcing rescues in dangerous areas.

Lex Luthor appeals to this senator, asking for her support in allowing him to pursue kryptonite weaponry as a deterrent to the "red capes." The senator makes a quip about how back in Kentucky her father had a saying about being careful about people who offer you Granny's Peach Tea when it's really just a jar of piss. She turns down Luthor, saying she recognizes an assassination tool when she hears about one. Later, when Superman finally attends a hearing at Capitol Hill, Lex Luthor is supposed to attend but doesn't for "reasons," but sends a legless man in his place. I guess the dude lost his legs in the aftermath of Metropolis exploding in Man of Steel, whatever. As Superman listens to the senator, she notices a jar on her desk labled "Granny's Peach Tea." She stumbles in her speech, panics, looks around the room, and realizes too late as the wheelchair man explodes, destroying Capitol Hill.

They thought they were very clever in this movie.

It is somehow even better than I imagined.

Great job, OP, thanks for delivering on the piss jar situation.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
guardians of the galaxy was nothing like the comic books and that made it good

the comics were generic gritty spacemans and bad

i blame dan abnett

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Snyder wouldn't be able to come up with a shot this fun and cool in a million years.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm a little disappointed that, after the chair lands, the guy didn't immediately leap up from behind it and sit down exactly as shown.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

WampaLord posted:

Great job, OP, thanks for delivering on the piss jar situation.

Is there some way we can secure a "Best supporting actor" Oscars nomination for the piss jar? Because I think it's earned it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bollywood is like an alternative universe that forsook gritty realism for being loving rad

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Honestly still less wacky than the piss jar thing though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fauxtool posted:

the xxx version is much better and the costumes are way higher budget

I was wondering if they had announced that already.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gfanikf posted:

I was wondering if they had announced that already.

I can't wait for the scene where Bruce is really pounding on Clark and they stop to chat about their mothers

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

How is this going to effect suicide squad? Is that still coming out? I've been seeing ads for this for about 5 years now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Suicide Squad still looks like the better film, but honestly it could be trash and it'd still beat BvS:DoJ (EMA)

EMA stands for Eat My rear end

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
harley quinn is basically DC Desdpool

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

WAR FOOT posted:

harley quinn is basically DC Desdpool

quiet nerd

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Are we sure suicide squad is an actual movie and not just an elaborate endless marketing campaign?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm sure it's really colorful. That's about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mozi posted:

i'm not sure if this has come up before but comic books are for children, not adults. there seems to be some confusion on that matter

i think you will find that this is very grim and serious with lots of violence so it is for adults now

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Serious Frolicking posted:

i think you will find that this is very grim and serious with lots of violence so it is for adults now

Also Deadpool had swears and boobies and in one scene you could see the outline of Ryan Reynold's badly burnt, cancer riddled penis

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

DO YOU BLEED?

YOU WILL!!!!!

*superman jams thumbs into batmans eyesockets while he screams*

PG-13 BRING THE FAMILY

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Yo are any of those crazy bollywood action movies on Netflix? That poo poo looks awesome as all holy gently caress

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also Deadpool had swears and boobies and in one scene you could see the outline of Ryan Reynold's badly burnt, cancer riddled penis

Doesn't it also have a scene where Deadpool gets pegged?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw

hahaha fuuuuuuuck

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ya that bollywood stuff is cool, post more

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Rape Stink posted:

Yo are any of those crazy bollywood action movies on Netflix? That poo poo looks awesome as all holy gently caress

No but if you live anywhere that isn't a complete shithole must theatres show Bollywood movies on a limited release deal.

My town has one or two every week.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Rape Stink posted:

It seems quite prevalent.

https://fat.gfycat.com/AlarmedTalkativeHuia.webm

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

IMO Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were the best somewhat recent superhero movies.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Man that's savage.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No but if you live anywhere that isn't a complete shithole must theatres show Bollywood movies on a limited release deal.

My town has one or two every week.

The AMC near me always shows Bollywood stuff, but I don't know which flicks are bad rear end action movies and which ones are Indian romcoms or whatever poo poo genres they have.

I need names. Names of badass bollywood action flicks. I'm not going to go looking around and sifting through an entire film culture to find a couple cool action titles.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It's cool that everyone lost their poo poo about Affleck as Batman when it was announced but everything I've heard about the movie has said that his performance was like the one thing about this movie that wasn't awful.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Also Bollywood is loving cool as hell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxxT3Nz-kyc

I guess technically that's not Bollywood since it's Tamil-language and not made in Mumbai but I don't think anyone outside India knows/cares about the distinction, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

etalian posted:

IMO Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were the best somewhat recent superhero movies.

True, but still poo poo though.
All it took was some one with half a brain to aim and shoot at their loving legs (in case of Captain America) or not have a super bad guy just stand there and do nothing until its too late.

• Locked thread