Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
So, no legendary Werewolf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The new delver

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

The art in this set rules

Strictly better Traitorous Instinct hell yeah

also look at this loving common

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rinkles posted:

The new delver

I don't think there is a good sac outlet to play this with... Bleh.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Rinkles posted:

The new delver

You know, I appreciated it mostly for the flavor on first glance, but this is actually a really solid limited card. It might not always take out their best creature, but you'll usually be able to force something of theirs into a profitable block for you, and then you get a 3/4 to boot. For a single mana.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Stephen Colbert is loving this poo poo.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
All the graveyard matters stuff that we're getting now with the commons and uncommons (cards that can reanimate themselves, or exile themselves from the graveyard for value, etc) are exactly what I was hoping for when I was saying I wished for some more interesting milling payoffs than just Delirium. I loving love this set for limited.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

They're making fun of mechanics, not the greatest story ever told in the multiverse

hmm, yeah guess i can't argue with that

dragon enthusiast posted:

cool pacifism variant

yeah it's awesome as heck

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

:unsmigghh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Strictly better Traitorous Instinct hell yeah

also look at this loving common

Been done before

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

So, no legendary Werewolf?

I'm guessing Arlinn Cord took that space in this set but Eldritch Moon will hopefully have one

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
This is such good art, I would hang this on my wall:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

What we have here.... is a combo.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Yeah it looks super Emrakul inspired, really hoping for a shocking twist that it's not (there isn't one, it's emrakul)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

This seems really good. A 4/2 trades up pretty easily and then it sits there slowly draining your opponent for the rest of the game.

The set looks the funnest to draft.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

The new delver

I'm going to try to make this work in my Standard U/R Prowness deck, which isn't tier one in the current format, but I'm hoping it may move up in tier by other cards rotating out.

This card gives a creature +1/+1 for a turn, and solves the biggest problem U/R prowess faces which is single target creature removal. It plays so few attacking creatures that when one of them dies it is really hard to recover from. This completely solves that by giving you a 3/4 to deal with after.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I love this card just for the art alone.

Not an amazing card, but great flavor text.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Entropic posted:

The set looks the funnest to draft.

CHRIST I love this card.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Now that's a rare werewolf.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

There's also an uncommon that gives you a 2/2 wolf whenever a creature you control transforms into a non human card, which might as well read "Whenever a werewolf transforms, get a free 2/2 wolf too!"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Without the context of Delirium this reads funny

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Thats me reading through this spoiler

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Captain Capitalism posted:

There's also an uncommon that gives you a 2/2 wolf whenever a creature you control transforms into a non human card, which might as well read "Whenever a werewolf transforms, get a free 2/2 wolf too!"

It's even a 4G 5/4.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

it's back, no funny art though :(

edit: lomarf this art

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 25, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Without the context of Delirium this reads funny

Yeah it really wouldn't be designed this way in any other set, it's pretty neat

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

sarmhan posted:

Now that's a rare werewolf.

A rarewolf, if you will.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

it's back, no funny art though :(

I see this being a much higher pick than usual

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Not an amazing card, but great flavor text.

Creepiest Dancing Scimitar ever.

teddust
Feb 27, 2007

So like, you guys know if you cast Skin Invasion on an opponent's creature then kill it your get the 3/4 right?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Probably been said many times already but is worth saying again, this set is loving sweet.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

teddust posted:

So like, you guys know if you cast Skin Invasion on an opponent's creature then kill it your get the 3/4 right?

Yeah, that's the point.

Can't wait to put Skin Invasion on the 4/2 Witch, then sac her to a good outlet.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

There's some interesting mana ramp cards in this set. Nothing as good as a T1 mana dork or rampant growth, but there's a one mana dude that taps another guy for mana, and an enchant land for 2G that makes that land produce 2 mana of any color. Also, a 1G enchantment that lets you tap creatures for mana. I don't know if any of these are constructed playable, but it seems like ramping is getting a little more support.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

teddust posted:

Yeah that's what I assumed it was for. You force their creature to suicide into your big block and get a free creature out of the deal. Putting it on your own token or something is probably fine too. I'm not looking to throw away an actual creature card just to get a mana discount on a vanilla 3/4 though.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Alright, time to play the old "good cathar bad cathar".

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There's some interesting mana ramp cards in this set. Nothing as good as a T1 mana dork or rampant growth, but there's a one mana dude that taps another guy for mana, and an enchant land for 2G that makes that land produce 2 mana of any color. Also, a 1G enchantment that lets you tap creatures for mana. I don't know if any of these are constructed playable, but it seems like ramping is getting a little more support.

This is probably too durdly but that enchantment makes your scions produce 2 mana...

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

aaaahhhHHHHHHHH this set is so loving cool

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Equipment that's actually playable in Limited? What madness is this?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It's probably objectively not amazing, but I REALLY like this card:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Skeleton Key is great, i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I love when they choose numbers purely for flavour on cards like this and Hundred-Handed One.

• Locked thread