Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
surfs up!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SPRING BREAK WOOOOOOOOOOOO :sonia:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

I mean the only evidence we have that mafia is dying is that there are less games and a lot of people have left. But we still have lots of games going every month and there's been a lot of new blood too. (me, tmm, kashuno and podima are some of the most active members of our community now)

So yeah, 2012-era mafia is dead. Hell, 2015-era mafia is pretty dead. But we are on a new horizon!

Asiina is my master now.

I sometimes miss 2007 era Mafia, which was why Ecco's soldier's game was such a nice throwback for me, but I know that era will never truly come back.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Barehanded Brother posted:

Heh, probably, especially since the setup I thought of fits well with the mafia flavor. The worst part on going on SA hiatus was leaving that game in the lurch, it was a lot of fun to write even if the setup was probably irreparably broken :smith:
Hi BHB :sun:

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
I haven't shaved since January 1st

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's funny, I got rid of my beard on January 1st.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

it's funny cause when I left mafia in 2008 everyone was saying mafia was dead

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
People are always saying mafia is dead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Saying mafia is dead is dead

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
mafia was murdered in its sleep

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mafia, Self-Aligned Dramabomb was killed N4923

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I will join a game if someone really needs me but know that I will not be paying very close attention to it and will probably mostly shitpost

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Max posted:

That's funny, I got rid of my beard on January 1st.

Your poor face

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I like the idea of doing a GBS game to get more suckers in here

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gbs has some pretty cool mods in there right now who would totally be supported and stuff too

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

If you post it...they will come

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

usually we always have one game in GBS running

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rurea posted:

If you post it...they will come

i don't make games

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Hi yuming I missed your irrepressibly sunny disposition

Also I have returned to Make Mafia Alive Again

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

Podima why didn't you sign up for my game man what the gently caress

Out of town this weekend for Easter and needed a little mafia break anyways so I don't burn out :shobon: I'm reading along though, the concept is really neat!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Barehanded Brother posted:

Hi yuming I missed your irrepressibly sunny disposition

wanna bet

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Spiros posted:

wanna bet

oooo noooooooo

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

throwing my two cents in. If there's a GBS game it really needs to be straight traditional and an open game. Please don't throw in weird roles or make it complicated

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

throwing my two cents in. If there's a GBS game it really needs to be straight traditional and an open game. Please don't throw in weird roles or make it complicated

:yeah:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I'd be willing to run it if you need someone to do it. I have plenty of free time until June

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khris Kruel posted:

As is tradition.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We used to do that mentoring thing waaaaaay back in the day for each player. I don't know how well that went over.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

mentoring? That doesn't sound like it would go well

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I know for a few games, players were assigned one of the new people. The new person could ask advice of their mentor about the game, if they wanted. Maybe it wasn't a good idea in the end, but we definitely did it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would only trust merk, Mills, and TNL for something like that. Nobody else would train the boy right, tell you what.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
oh how wrong you are

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Allen Wren posted:

Also people gotta sign the gently caress up for Survivor, I am jonesing to watch that poo poo. Anyone who's not made top three can get in now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Spiros posted:

I would only trust merk, Mills, and TNL for something like that. Nobody else would train the boy right, tell you what.

Um, I would teach the new players how to shitpost effectively.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

pretty sure most advice a mentor would give is how to survive, not how to scum hunt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Spiros posted:

You can trust me to make services valuable :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khris Kruel posted:

pretty sure most advice a mentor would give is how to survive, not how to scum hunt

Firstly, learning how to survive is just as important as learning how to scum hunt. Secondly, part of surviving is being good at scum hunting so it all ties together.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

if you're good at scum hunting you will be night killed immediately

Everyone focuses too much on surviving and not being in the limelight whether they are scum or town...everyone wants to survive til endgame. That's the wrong way to think about it.

You want to be so god damned townie that the scum have no choice but to kill you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

You can trust me to make services valuable :colbert:

Fair.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the best strat is to to look scummy enough that the scum think you're an easy lynch, but then never get lynched by town while you lead them to victory. Source: I end up at endgame a lot and win >:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Khris Kruel posted:

if you're good at scum hunting you will be night killed immediately

Everyone focuses too much on surviving and not being in the limelight whether they are scum or town...everyone wants to survive til endgame. That's the wrong way to think about it.

You want to be so god damned townie that the scum have no choice but to kill you

or just be so goddamn scummy that you get lynched and then town can be like, oh look all the scum voted for this town guy and you help them all win by effectivley shitposting