Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's a journalist's tweet reporting words that came out of Ted Cruz's personal mouth.

My bad, thought that was a staffer. Mea Culpa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

OAquinas posted:

That's assuming the people involved are rational actors.

But the thing is, Trump is winning, but there is a big question mark as to whether he'll get the required delegates for a lock. If Trump is 1 delegate short, it opens him up to being ratfucked. By destroying Cruz--even if it turns out to be false, this still hurts him in the short term--Trump's margin is assured.

I mean, he could still be ratfucked by a rule change, but that'll be an even harder sell to the base if they do that.

No. If he goes into the convention with a large delegate lead--like the one he has now--you're never, EVER going to sell another nominee to Trump supporters. He would have to literally win no more delegates to be ruled out as at least a powerbroker at the convention, and with New York, Pennsylvania, and California still to cast their votes I'd be very surprised if he didn't go to Cleveland with at least 1,000 delegates. With that kind of lead it's going to be virtually impossible to sell to his supporters that he shouldn't be the nominee.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I dunno hart did dare reporters to follow him and then he still went to his mistress

"monkey business crew"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

trump will be the first outsider to directly show the RESET button that campaigns use to wipe the short-term memory of their voter base

There is no reset button in the age of social media.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

There is no reset button in the age of social media.

he can just sue everyone who remembers anything. problem solved

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*smacks trump in chest with his own arm* stop slandering yourself! stop slandering yourself!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:psyduck: That's not an actual quote. It can't be.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I wonder if his cock leans right

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008
Fox News now reporting on Cruz's Trump callout. It's on.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Human Crouton posted:

Attack competently.

I'm not sure how much of Trump's success is due to his own abilities, and how much is due to the shear incompetence of everyone else running.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
new theory based on today's Blessed events: cruz admits the affairs, drops out unofficially while propping Heidi into the candidacy. "A vote for Ted is a vote for Heidi" is the new slogan. It's a whole new layer of "Ma" and "Pa" Ferguson in old TX politics.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

BeOSPOS posted:

also, edwards refused to sign an affidavit confirming his denial of the allegations

This is how Trump should concern troll him. "Ted, we all have to support the nominee, I would just hate to have this come out in the General Election and cost us an easy win against Hillary." Bing, done.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/713377442665091073?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

lol

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Skwirl posted:

The right has, at various points, tried to paint her as a brain-damaged lying murderous lesbian witch, and none of it stuck, what's Donald Trump going to do?

He dunked Jeb Bush's head in a toilet for six months and got Jeb to high five him after refusing to apologize to Jeb's wife, gave Marco Rubio PTSD about drinking water in public and got him to crack a dick joke on stage, and managed to bait Ted Cruz into talking about how much he loves his wife on national TV less than 12 hours before a giant sex scandal broke, but sure, he probably can't hit Hillary any more effectively than Newt Gingrich or Trey Gowdy.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

i need this to be real so bad

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Roger Altman, owner of the National Enquirer is one of Hillary's top donors.

Is he friends with Donald Trump, too?

It's weird that Cruz is blaming Trump for this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He dunked Jeb Bush's head in a toilet for six months and got Jeb to high five him after refusing to apologize to Jeb's wife, gave Marco Rubio PTSD about drinking water in public and got him to crack a dick joke on stage, and managed to bait Ted Cruz into talking about how much he loves his wife on national TV less than 12 hours before a giant sex scandal broke, but sure, he probably can't hit Hillary any more effectively than Newt Gingrich or Trey Gowdy.

Yes he wrecked three thin skinned baby men who have almost never been challenged in their lives, clearly he's a master that Clinton isn't ready for

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

MothraAttack posted:

Fox News now reporting on Cruz's Trump callout. It's on.

Happy Good Friday, Allahu Ackbar, and Asalamalaikum

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

In cruz's lizard case, I think sapiosexual means "sex with humans"

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

the unfortunate pixelation of the middle person's face makes her look like a sexy skeletor

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This is the best election

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Squalid posted:

the beauty of politics is, whether or not ted cruz cheated on his wife, it's still real

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EugeneJ posted:

Roger Altman, owner of the National Enquirer is one of Hillary's top donors.

Is he friends with Donald Drumpf, too?

Yes, you should know this because you spent like hours last night sperging over this

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Ted Cruz being a foot fetishist would make a whole bunch of things in the world make a whole bunch more sense.

And then I would have to scrub my brain with acid.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Squalid posted:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Squalid posted:

Don't worry. It is.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

They have no idea what's coming. The stumping they're about to witness is unprecedented in history.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Those women's quotes are beyond amazing.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

paranoid randroid posted:

i dont believe there is any feasible way for trump to win a primary. if he did it would signal absolutely calamitous things for the GOP.

for instance, it would indicate that the party has lost its grip on its own systems to such an extent that a candidate who is, as you said, a comedy option on his best day could take even a single state in the nomination process.

I want you to make a prediction about what it indicates and signals if Trump wins the general. We'll see if your predictive abilities hold.

Also, going back through the posts from when Trump first joined the race is wonderful, I recommend everyone do it.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 25, 2016

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008
A reminder that cruz staff e-mails were in the Ashley Madison hack. Cruz might have a lot of fires to put out in the next few weeks.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/19/josh-duggar-allegedly-paid-nearly-1000-for-ashley-madison-accounts/

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yes, you should know this because you spent like hours last night sperging over this

So why is Cruz blaming Trump and not Hillary

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EugeneJ posted:

So why is Cruz blaming Drumpf and not Hillary

because he's in a race against trump?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Still nothing from Trump.

I'm not listening but I guess Rush has taken his entire show to be a defence of Cruz, blaming Trump camp for spreading this.

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Hillary would be far more logical given Katrina Pierson's role in the allegations. But hahahah.

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008
edit: double post

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The thing is, every bit of dirt that exists about Hillary Clinton has been dug up and thrown at her and none of it stuck. Almost anything Trump can say about her is old news.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Trump is currently inspecting the massive stockpiles of wildfire beneath Washington, D.C. that he will use to explode and burn Hillary's entire fleet at the Battle of the Potomac.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Montasque posted:

Still nothing from Trump.

I'm not listening but I guess Rush has taken his entire show to be a defence of Cruz, blaming Trump camp for spreading this.

I just checked in he's talking about the establishment

Apparently Hillary is a member of the Republican establishment

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

EugeneJ posted:

Because Trump is also a Hillary plant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

While it's certainly possible, saying that Trump will destroy Hillary Clinton because he wrecked Bush/Rubio/Cruz is like saying a 10-year-old should go pro because he knocked the poo poo out of another kid in Pee-Wee football.

• Locked thread