Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Gromit posted:

Terrifying!

I've used the 140' before and have had rides in crane baskets over 200'. Both of those were way nicer than climbing the 280' towers.

I used to be afraid of heights in 2008-ish back when I started industrial construction. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

poo poo like that makes me happy that i only have to work with radioactive sources and high voltage power supply in the safety of a basement lab

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BattleMaster posted:

poo poo like that makes me happy that i only have to work with radioactive sources and high voltage power supply in the safety of a basement lab

if you arent trying to give yourself superpowers i dont even know what to say

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

SneakyFrog posted:

if you arent trying to give yourself superpowers i dont even know what to say

i don't want to get in trouble with my supervisor :ohdear:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I feel like cheeks shouldn't do that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's like a professional trumpet player. I've seen a few of them with utterly ridiculous cheeks.

Dizzy Gillespie, jaz musician:

\/\/ Wow, we even picked the same guy :hfive:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 25, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm okay with cheeks doing that, it's when they blow so hard that it also inflates their neck that I get freaked out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvIXzeDLpMw&t=125s

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BattleMaster posted:

ey if you need to check with your supervisor in order to experiment on yourself to get superpowers you just might not be superpowers material.

and why they would most likely never let me anywhere near where you work.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BattleMaster posted:

Super powers will shut up your nagging supervisor quick.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

EKDS5k posted:

*JLG no poo poo makes a boom lift that goes 185' above the ground. The 1850 SJ. For when you need to go 19 stories on a stick. I've never even seen one, they probably only make a handful of them every year.

I've used the JLG 1250sjp, and holy hell the sway of the machine itself and the wind was pretty drat hard to get over to do my work. 185' seems ridiculous.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Does your supervisor have superpowers?

Also now I kind of want to see SHIELD's safety management system.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Isn't that similar to how glass blowing works?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

calvus posted:

Isn't that similar to how glass blowing works?

yes

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

FrozenVent posted:

Does your supervisor have superpowers?

Also now I kind of want to see SHIELD's safety management system.

Well, considering they let Hawkeye hang out in the rafters and shoot arrows at poo poo. I did see safety goggles on the scientists a few times though.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
While trying to make an exciting shooting video, a Georgia man packed a lawn mower with Tannerite. He inadvertently used too much of the explosive and when he fired on the lawnmower, the explosion was so powerful, it blew-off his left leg below the knee.

http://water-and-woods.com/2016/03/man-blows-his-leg-off-shooting-at-lawn-mower-filled-with-high-explosives/

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

DrBouvenstein posted:

Hey, isn't that Bobby from the Ernest movies?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

JFairfax posted:

While trying to make an exciting shooting video, a Georgia man packed a lawn mower with Tannerite. He inadvertently used too much of the explosive and when he fired on the lawnmower, the explosion was so powerful, it blew-off his left leg below the knee.

http://water-and-woods.com/2016/03/man-blows-his-leg-off-shooting-at-lawn-mower-filled-with-high-explosives/

I like how more than one person thought this was a good idea

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Gromit posted:

Terrifying!

There's no loving way the wind isn't rocking that thing back and forth. Imagine falling onto the arm and just wrapping your limbs around the arm, hoping to god somebody is paying attention and can lower it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

calvus posted:

Son, let me introduce you to FPSRussia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT44eYyArS4

The first scene isn't acting. The cameraman really did get a serious injury from a flying fridge piece.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

Son, let me introduce you to FPSRussia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT44eYyArS4

The first scene isn't acting. The cameraman really did get a serious injury from a flying fridge piece.

How is any of that legal?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

dog buttz posted:

There's no loving way the wind isn't rocking that thing back and forth. Imagine falling onto the arm and just wrapping your limbs around the arm, hoping to god somebody is paying attention and can lower it.

Just bear hug the arm and slide all the way down. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

calvus posted:

FPSRussia

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

uhhh, about that...

wikipedia posted:

FPSRussia is a popular YouTube channel consisting of videos involving firearms and explosives. The videos feature Kyle Myers, an American born in Lavonia, Georgia, USA, playing the role of Dmitri Potapoff, a heavily accented Russian from Moscow

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Hes not russian and hes not in russia.

Hes in the southern US somewhere. I think half of those are faked anyway.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

calvus posted:

Apparently he actually does most/all of his videos with police and EMT supervision that you can't see. His personal gun collection is actually far smaller than the array he shows off in his videos; he just rents stuff (or in the case of the AA-12 is given the chance to demonstrate a pre-production prototype). He lost some clout when his manager got murdered because the ATF immediately suspected him and shut down filming for an investigation, but they determined that nothing illegal was going on and his channel is back up.

Along with what others have said, he started out on YouTube as FPSKyle doing Call of Duty multiplayer videos before he got the idea to make up the Dmitri character for gun videos.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I work for a firearms manufacturer and we go to Shot Show every year (e3 for guns).

Our photographer met him, and said he was an incredible douche. He walked up to our booth, asked for about $10,000 worth of free poo poo, and then just silently left when we told him no.

Oh yeah, this was after our marketing director thought it was a great idea to give him $15,000 in free guns to feature on his channel about 2 years ago, which ended up being shown for about 10 seconds in some completely unrelated video.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ddiddles posted:

I work for a firearms manufacturer and we go to Shot Show every year (e3 for guns).

Our photographer met him, and said he was an incredible douche. He walked up to our booth, asked for about $10,000 worth of free poo poo, and then just silently left when we told him no.

Oh yeah, this was after our marketing director thought it was a great idea to give him $15,000 in free guns to feature on his channel about 2 years ago, which ended up being shown for about 10 seconds in some completely unrelated video.

I talked to this guy once and he confirmed that FPSRussia is a giant rear end in a top hat. He actually received a lifetime ban from a range in Florida that GY6vids uses because he blew up a trailer and then just packed up his film crew and left without even attempting to clean up the mess.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ddiddles posted:

doesn't seem that douchey as far as things go imo

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

I talked to this guy once and he confirmed that FPSRussia is a giant rear end in a top hat. He actually received a lifetime ban from a range in Florida that GY6vids uses because he blew up a trailer and then just packed up his film crew and left without even attempting to clean up the mess.

You're not expected to clean up the mess but you should definitely cut a check to the owner

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Via Reddit: "Previous shift operator lost the fuel cap. This is what I was instructed to do:"

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

Via Reddit: "Previous shift operator lost the fuel cap. This is what I was instructed to do:"

at my old job if we lost the cap we would tape a nitrile glove on it so it would inflate with gas and look funny

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

That's a very pretty spider.

Remember, you are infinitely more likely to be bitten by a spider if you're trying to kill it.

Infinitely?!

That means that there's a zero chance of a spider attack regardless of what I do, or there's a 100% chance a spider will retaliate at any sign of hostility!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
In fact, maybe it doesn't stop there. Maybe the "infinitely" means that if you attack a spider, every other spider on Earth and every parallel Earth will seek to bite you for the rest of its days.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Spider? I barely knew'er! So, yes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pick posted:

Infinitely?!

That means that there's a zero chance of a spider attack regardless of what I do, or there's a 100% chance a spider will retaliate at any sign of hostility!

At any given time you can assume that there is an infinite number of spiders on an infinite number of planets, all of which are willing to retaliate against you.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
It this an OSHA approved method for killing spiders? And should they be careful of the infinite retaliation? Turn down your head phones, the fire alarm goes off near the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F6LGxgHA1Y

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The most OSHA way to kill a spider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQzb4_n34gU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Colossal has an Oscar-winning documentary from 1958 on their site, and it's a really awesome 10-minute watch in addition to being a bit of a treasure trove of OSHA moments, such as this one:

I'm the sexy music playing while a guy blows a shaft being handled by two other men

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This movie resulted in me having severely underdeveloped balls. Oh, and also a fear of spiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

calvus posted:

Too much. Yeah, I'll say: Three pounds of the explosive, probably two and a half pounds too much.