Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Onkel Hedwig posted:

This doesn't make sense to me, and I've been in both units.

Most of the time we are hanging out in Mumble - I don't know about any TS.

That's rather pedantic. If they read the OP they'd know what I mean. Considering he's asking for an invite I told him about his options. WoL has more people actively sitting in it than GIRL does. GIRL tag nets more ridiculous poo poo during matches. Which are both true. So, I have no idea why that wouldn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Stringbean posted:

That's rather pedantic. If they read the OP they'd know what I mean. Considering he's asking for an invite I told him about his options. WoL has more people actively sitting in it than GIRL does. GIRL tag nets more ridiculous poo poo during matches. Which are both true. So, I have no idea why that wouldn't make sense.

Uh, it isn't pedantic to point out that you told him to download the wrong VOIP program. Also the OP still doesn't seem to have the mumble server details on it for some reason.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Uh, it isn't pedantic to point out that you told him to download the wrong VOIP program. Also the OP still doesn't seem to have the mumble server details on it for some reason.

Anitadickinme posted:

Don't do this, just go to the next step to get on mumble with goons.

Make sure you download mumble if you're weird and haven't already for some reason.

But I can't be assed for that, I just want to shout at goons!

If you don't care about all that fancy stuff you can just PM someone here and get the mumble information or if you were smart enough to not give Lowtax for Plat, the mumble info is in the Message of the Day for both units.

Try to drop with Goons as much as possible!

I can't stress this enough. THIS GAME IS WAY MORE FUN WITH GOONS Get on Mumble. Also, goons can typically lead you in the direction of decent robots not listed in the OP. There's a good few for advanced players.

Like I said. If they read the OP they could piece this poo poo together. gently caress.

e: Info doesn't need to be in the OP, just one or the other and blam. It's in the motd.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

redreader posted:

Hi. My in-game name is Reith, and I want to join whichever clan is active. I have some in game bux, an atlas and a metal babby.

edit: apparently, no, I have a jenner and a stalker, 3500 mc and 6 million credits.

edit 2: this game is fun again

Download Mumble and connect to mumble.goonrathi.com

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Onkel Hedwig posted:

connecting won't do anything unless you're auth'd or have the password. Seriously, it's said over and over again. Ask for invite in thread. VOIP info in MOTD for both units.

e: Also, the unit you join is completely up to you. Both units play on the same server in the same groups. It doesn't matter. GIRL tags can be fun, and WoL tags can bring out old animosities from Beta days. Either way can be fun.

Beraiye fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 25, 2016

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
GIRL tends to stay clan while WOL tends to stay IS.
Right now both are green bird though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Beraiye posted:

connecting won't do anything unless you're auth'd or have the password. Seriously, it's said over and over again. Ask for invite in thread. VOIP info in MOTD for both units.

e: Also, the unit you join is completely up to you. Both units play on the same server in the same groups. It doesn't matter. GIRL tags can be fun, and WoL tags can bring out old animosities from Beta days. Either way can be fun.

MELLON MELLON MELLON MELLON MELLON MELLON THE loving PASSWORD IS MELLON YOU FUCKERS

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

AFTER 4 GOD drat YEARS JUST PUT THE MUMBLE INFO IN THE OP WHO GIVES A GOOD GOD drat WE HAVENT HAD A J4G IN 3 YEARS

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:yikes:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kazvall posted:

AFTER 4 GOD drat YEARS JUST PUT THE MUMBLE INFO IN THE OP WHO GIVES A GOOD GOD drat WE HAVENT HAD A J4G IN 3 YEARS

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Kazvall posted:

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Beraiye posted:

GIRL tags can be fun, and WoL tags can bring out old animosities from Beta days. Either way can be fun.

Ideally, you don't interact with the community at all.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Kazvall posted:

get the owner of the mumble to agree and it's not a problem. the OP is following his wishes.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Ideally, you don't interact with the community at all.

half of the pleasure I get from the game is telling pubbies how bad they are :)

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Beraiye posted:

get the owner of the mumble to agree and it's not a problem. the OP is following his wishes.

Who the gently caress is the owner

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It doesn't really matter because people don't play CW that much afaict.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
After you get the rank 6 mechbay what's the point.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

After you get the rank 6 mechbay what's the point.

You get another mechbay for each 4th rank after that

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
MUMBLE INFO IS OPSEC

as are all builds I steal from metamechs reveal to you in this thread

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Why do we use a different mumble than the usual SA one you see for all other games anyways?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Either I buy some dumb triple AMS nova or I buy some boring rear end modules to make my already mastered units shoot faster ugh. The thought of saving up for a useful mech doesn't even rank right now.

Someone suggest me a weird gimmick or I"m gonna regret buying an AMS nova.

e: I got a stalker. Whatever.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 26, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So this being the only real mechwarrior thread is there any place where I can find that MTX mod for MW4 that Microsoft shut down a few years back? Was prolly the best MW experience.

Also is it normal to have just downloaded this game and I have a garage full of mechs? The interface/menus are kind of opaque.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 26, 2016

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

Why do we use a different mumble than the usual SA one you see for all other games anyways?

When open beta was out the seconday? goonfleet mumble was used and the goon group was mostly goonfleet spergs from eve and eventually they quit. However, when some random rear end goon no one knew created a lovely thread mostly filled with pictures and "I think this is a good mech" the game got a goon resurgence and we started using CTS mumble. Then (some) oldbirds started playing again and created WoL and forced invited everyone to join their mumble and it has been so ever since.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Krinkle posted:

Either I buy some dumb triple AMS nova or I buy some boring rear end modules to make my already mastered units shoot faster ugh. The thought of saving up for a useful mech doesn't even rank right now.

Someone suggest me a weird gimmick or I"m gonna regret buying an AMS nova.

e: I got a stalker. Whatever.

3xAMS nova is ok, but 3xAMS kit fox is where it's at.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Phi230 posted:

So this being the only real mechwarrior thread is there any place where I can find that MTX mod for MW4 that Microsoft shut down a few years back? Was prolly the best MW experience.

Also is it normal to have just downloaded this game and I have a garage full of mechs? The interface/menus are kind of opaque.

Yeah the UI is kinda crap. There are free mechs, "trial mechs", that you can't customize. You have to buy mechs if you want to get mech-based XP or if you want to customize them. You can do that with C-Bills (money from winning/doing damage in game), MC(in game money you buy with real money), or IRL cash money (if you buy a mech from the website).

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I am so goddamn tired of double heat sinks. Why does upgrading a spider cost the same as a king crab? One point five million. I am so goddamn tired of being charged one point five million.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Krinkle posted:

I am so goddamn tired of double heat sinks. Why does upgrading a spider cost the same as a king crab? One point five million. I am so goddamn tired of being charged one point five million.

Here's a better question: Why not provide an actual trade-off between SHS and DHS by normalizing the in-engine heatsinks (up to the free 10) to the DHS values no matter whether the mech is using SHS or DHS? At least Ferro and Endo are at least theoretical tradeoffs between critical slots and weight. There are basically no practical break-even points for SHS; in everything except for extremely niche gimmick builds DHS is the flat-out superior option.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

That's been suggested numerous times and soundly ignored because A) Paul is terrible at his job and genuinely doesn't know there's a problem or B) Paul thinks the cbill sink is necessary for game balance because he's terrible at his job.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Didn't think I'd really enjoy the Cicada. But drat...

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Tell me more about this Cicada.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Megafunk posted:

Tell me more about this Cicada.

Well you see, it's a retarded light disguised as a Medium. You slap an ECM on it, 2 LLas and 2 MLas and go to town.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Great Beer posted:

That's been suggested numerous times and soundly ignored because A) Paul is terrible at his job and genuinely doesn't know there's a problem or B) Paul thinks the cbill sink is necessary for game balance because he's terrible at his job.

Nah it's just a problem inherent in sticking to tabletop and mixing tech levels.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nah it's just a problem inherent in sticking to tabletop and mixing tech levels.

An easily solvable problem that a competent developer could fix in an afternoon.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Kazvall posted:

yes

Pattonesque posted:

MUMBLE INFO IS OPSEC

as are all builds I steal from metamechs reveal to you in this thread
ok

Kazvall posted:

MELLON MELLON MELLON MELLON MELLON MELLON THE loving PASSWORD IS MELLON YOU FUCKERS
thank you, appreciated!

Onkel Hedwig posted:

again, appreciated.

I have mumble from when I played MWO in the beta and there's no MWO channel on the same server any more. I did in fact post in this thread asking to play, as it suggested in the op. And some people were like LOL JUST ASK IN THE THREAD rear end in a top hat. So yeah gently caress you. I also checked in the private server forum and nothing was there. On top of it all it's 2016 and I joined in 2009, AND I played this game with goons two loving years ago in beta so you're all the noobs.

Anyway, I joined the mumble server and one person, mjilaek, was online, and not responding so, yeah, seems dead? For comparison, when I used to play there were like 30+ goons online.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

redreader posted:

yes

ok

thank you, appreciated!

again, appreciated.

I have mumble from when I played MWO in the beta and there's no MWO channel on the same server any more. I did in fact post in this thread asking to play, as it suggested in the op. And some people were like LOL JUST ASK IN THE THREAD rear end in a top hat. So yeah gently caress you. I also checked in the private server forum and nothing was there. On top of it all it's 2016 and I joined in 2009, AND I played this game with goons two loving years ago in beta so you're all the noobs.

Anyway, I joined the mumble server and one person, mjilaek, was online, and not responding so, yeah, seems dead? For comparison, when I used to play there were like 30+ goons online.

things are kinda deadish between weekends. sometimes you might get lucky and get a group going. I had other things going on tonight.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

My favorite part about the new mode is when 11 people are dead to their 2 and someone is shouting across the in game voip YOU HAVE TO STAND IN THE CIRCLE!!!! IDIOT!!! THE CIRCLE!!!! YOU HAVE TO STAND IN IT! WELL poo poo WE LOSE NOW!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

redreader posted:

Typically 2-12 people on mumble, but it was quiet tonight. Had a group of 3-4 for awhile.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

redreader posted:

Heh, miljack is in mumble for two days straight now. I guess he forgot to turn off his computer or something.

I thought because it was hard to find a group during because I'm in Europe. But it seems that there is not much going on in other time zones as well.

The best time to look for a group is on weekends. If you see me in mumble (name is "Edelguard") then hit me up.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
I got 92/100 lucky pot and finished the archer personal. I need professional help because how the gently caress am I going to spend 52m cbills when I already have the best mechs in the game?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

liquidfire posted:

I got 92/100 lucky pot and finished the archer personal. I need professional help because how the gently caress am I going to spend 52m cbills when I already have the best mechs in the game?!

Modules? Get a bunch of modules, yeah. That's the ticket. Or start playing unfavorable mechs. I have an Ice Ferret because of this.

• Locked thread