Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Holy poo poo, this is a pro-read.

quote:

So I cry instead. I have a lump in my throat that stops me from eating. I feel as if someone has died. I keep thinking of his skin, his precious skin, inked like a pig carcass.
More:

quote:

I get angry with myself. This is nothing but snobbery, I think – latent anxiety about the trappings of class. As if my son had deliberately turned his back on a light Victoria sponge and stuffed his face with cheap doughnuts.
ETA: Last one, I swear.

quote:

But by deciding to have a tattoo, my son took a meat cleaver to my apron strings. He may not have wanted to hurt me. I hope he didn't. But my feelings, as he made his decision, were completely unimportant.
gently caress you, lady. Doing what he wants to his body is not about your feelings. That poor guy.

Perhaps a hamster has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

I seem to remember a guy beating one of these tickets by arguing that he wasn't on the motorcycle at the time, and therefore was not operating any vehicle that was exceeding any speed limits.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Perhaps a hamster posted:

More:

gently caress you, lady. Doing what he wants to his body is not about your feelings. That poor guy.

Yeah. The worst thing is, she's completely jeopardizing ever having a normal relationship with her son again over her prejudiced idiocy over a few ounces of ink.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

10 Beers posted:

Yeah. The worst thing is, she's completely jeopardizing ever having a normal relationship with her son again over her prejudiced idiocy over a few ounces of ink.

It'd be fuckin' hilarious if this was the tattoo he got but he's not showing her out of spite:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Has there ever been a big "people's choice" naming competition that didn't result in something like Weedlord BonerHitler?
Has there ever been one where when a funny but not totally outrageous answer won they actually honoured it?

The first one I can remember: Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf wins the People Online Most Beautiful People contest. I don't think anything came with it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It'd be fuckin' hilarious if this was the tattoo he got but he's not showing her out of spite:

After the article:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

More:

The article doesn't mention it but are they orthodox jewish or something? It is the only way I can see her reaction being even some what not stdh

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Stex T posted:

Pitbull is pretty cool for going along with it, though.

Yeah, everything about the dude's music and persona screams giant douche, but I've got nothing but respect for the guy for being such a good sport.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Wil Wheaton was once one of FHM's sexiest woman thanks to an internet poll as well, but the original seems to have slipped off google or be hidden behind European Data Protection laws, so... someone American can find out more.

Now there's just people talking about it with broken links. Like this one http://www.wilwheaton.net/mt/archives/001044.php

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Critical quote from that tattoo lady:

quote:

All those years of looking after your body – taking you to the dentist and making you drink milk and worrying about green leafy vegetables and sunscreen and cancer from mobile phones.

This tipped her hand from "concerned mother" to "absolute nutcase"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Video of the guy blowing his leg off: http://www.11alive.com/mb/news/local/video-man-loses-leg-after-shooting-lawmower-full-of-explosives/100110740

No gore and schadenfreude off the charts after seeing the tacticlolness.

Jesus Christ, when I read "lawnmower" I though a little push mower, not a full-sized riding mower. What an idiot.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phanatic posted:

Jesus Christ, when I read "lawnmower" I though a little push mower, not a full-sized riding mower. What an idiot.

When it comes to crazy stunts it often boils down to pure dumb luck on how it turns out and whether the inevitable youtube video gets posted to the schadenfreude thread or the badass thread.

Well, I guess the LA Beast videos would be an exception because there was absolutely no way most of them were ever going to have a happy ending.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Phanatic posted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3a7_1200611038

Blowing up a dump truck near a nuclear plant isn't a good idea, either.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Critical quote from that tattoo lady:

quote:

All those years of looking after your body – taking you to the dentist and making you drink milk and worrying about green leafy vegetables and sunscreen and cancer from mobile phones.

This tipped her hand from "concerned mother" to "absolute nutcase"

quote:

If you'd lost your arm in a car accident, I would have understood.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Man pesters random Muslim on the street about Brussels, is ignored, goes to Twitter with his outrage.

Twitter responds in kind by mocking him endlessly. Man is arrested.

Croydon man arrested after confronting Muslim woman and telling her to 'explain Brussels'

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Atmus posted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3a7_1200611038

Blowing up a dump truck near a nuclear plant isn't a good idea, either.

People don't understand fragmentation, I guess. A normal 500-lb iron bomb dropped from a plane? More than of that weight is steel bombcase, and that's what kills people. 190 lbs of HE is bad enough, but it pulverizes the case and propels the fragments like flying lawnmower blades up to a kilometer away.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/03/24/man-loses-leg-shooting-lawnmower-full-explosives/82232440/

Man blows his leg off by shooting at a broken down riding mower he packed with explosives from 40 feet away.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/03/24/man-loses-leg-shooting-lawnmower-full-explosives/82232440/

Man blows his leg off by shooting at a broken down riding mower he packed with explosives from 40 feet away.

...seriously?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The southern twang of "I blew my leg off!" is honestly the only way that could have ended.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The southern twang of "I blew my leg off!" is honestly the only way that could have ended.

Yeah it's been the talk of the town for the last 2 pages.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Oh jesus I'm retarded. That's what I get for skimming the thread while on a conference call. :saddowns:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

More:

My favorite part is how she occasionally makes forays into introspection and then slips right away from that. "Maybe the generational gap is keeping me from understanding that tattoos lack the meaning they used to have when I was young and he's still the exact same person he was before the tattoo, so he still has value as a human being.....but it's just so wrong!"

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Dewgy posted:

Man pesters random Muslim on the street about Brussels, is ignored, goes to Twitter with his outrage.

Croydon man arrested after confronting Muslim woman and telling her to 'explain Brussels'

The fact that he's a partner at a PR agency is wonderful.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfPJbN6UA0

Lazy Bastard
Aug 23, 2004
Laziness is an art

Here is how they put out the fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT0u6RRZ3fQ&t=130s

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Gropiemon posted:

Yeah it's been the talk of the town for the last 2 pages.

Was it the shooter or the cameraman that got hit?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

It's interesting that a video that ends with obvious blood splatters is somehow not gory. The wonders of the Internet.

It's not even that much blood on the lens. If I didn't know this idiot lost his leg, than I would think he probably broke his nose or got cut up by flying debris. Considering what really happened, it's not as horrific as I would think.

Phanatic posted:

The part that got me laughing was his Call of Duty get-up and his little lovely range with crappy paper targets on trees alongside a little forested path. I'm convinced that he has done nothing to really stop the bullets that miss the mark and they end up going into other properties and he doesn't give a single gently caress. Which makes the idea of him blowing up a whole riding mower and losing a leg that much less surprising. Basically, this military fetishist lost his leg in a war with his own backyard and will probably spin it off as something badass instead of incredibly pathetic and lazily dangerous.

chitoryu12 posted:

My favorite part is how she occasionally makes forays into introspection and then slips right away from that. "Maybe the generational gap is keeping me from understanding that tattoos lack the meaning they used to have when I was young and he's still the exact same person he was before the tattoo, so he still has value as a human being.....but it's just so wrong!"

Part of me wants to read this whole article as an unreliable narrative where there is no tattoo, but that her son has a girlfriend and possibly has lost his virginity and his mom simply can't handle the rejection and uses something comparably minor to focus her rage and rejection upon so she doesn't break a taboo. Switch the mother and son to a father and daughter and all of that bizarreness really comes to the forefront, with a special attention given to how Insane Mom fetishizes her son's body and seems to think she owns him and that this results in him forever being tied to him in some bizarre power struggle. I pity her other children, because the oldest becoming his own person is going to make her smother the other ones even more.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dewgy posted:

What is the charge here? You can get arrested for being a oval office?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's not even that much blood on the lens. If I didn't know this idiot lost his leg, than I would think he probably broke his nose or got cut up by flying debris. Considering what really happened, it's not as horrific as I would think.

Blowing a leg off doesn't necessarily mean a huge blood spray like in kill bill. That helmet cam video of that combat medic patching up a dude with a blow off leg had (to me) a surprisingly small amount of blood present both on the ground and on the clothes.

Apropos the mountain dew naming fail/win, call it whatever, I find this guy reading the submissions pretty sweet. I'm partial to when he reads number 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxu3kZPlZx8

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

HEY NONG MAN posted:

What is the charge here? You can get arrested for being a oval office?

"Inciting racial hatred." Free speech isn't really a thing that exists in the UK.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Memento posted:

The thing with tannerite, in the hillbillies' defence, is that tannerite is fun as poo poo.

A thousand times this. We used to stuff watermelons with the mix-packs and blow them up. Granted, the greatest risk from that shrapnel is a daily dose of vitamin C. It looks spectacularly gory though :kheldragar:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Dewgy posted:

quote:

As for his more inflammatory tweets, Mr Doyle claims they're intended as a joke, which people who know him would understand as "that's absolutely not who I am."

It's a prank! Saying mean xenophobic poo poo on twitter is all a joke! Come on guys you gotta believe me!

quote:

"I have a Muslim neighbour who got burgled, and I was one of the first people to go around to help."
However, he says he does believe Muslims aren't doing enough to speak out against terrorism.

Hahaha god damned this guy really doesn't get 'racism'.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phanatic posted:

"Inciting racial hatred." Free speech isn't really a thing that exists in the UK.
He could also be served with an anti-social behaviour injunction. :wotwot:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phanatic posted:

There's no place in the world that has unlimited free speech. Where exactly the line goes is different from place to place though.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Snapchat A Titty posted:

There's no place in the world that has unlimited free speech. Where exactly the line goes is different from place to place though.
Indeed. Some people put it at "speech likely to cause imminent lawless action," while others put it at "saying mean things," and who's to say which is better?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Phanatic posted:

Well, it's a thing, but it's not as much of a quote-unquote absolute right as in the States. After WWII a lot of Europe got a bit more twitchy about these things. In the past, US demagogues have been barred from entering the UK based on these sort of charges, including most notably the Phelps family.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

gently caress me. That's practically peak Guardian.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
http://i.imgur.com/teONbFP.gifv

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

"Oh poo poo I just remembered I left the oven on, bye!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Blowing a leg off doesn't necessarily mean a huge blood spray like in kill bill. That helmet cam video of that combat medic patching up a dude with a blow off leg had (to me) a surprisingly small amount of blood present both on the ground and on the clothes.

You can look up all sorts of injuries if you really want to, but generally traumatic injuries have much less blood and brain spray than movies would suggest. Stuff like dismemberment or contact shots to the head with a 12 gauge are still incredibly messy, but Hollywood would have you think that blood sprays out a dude's back when he gets shot in the chest with a 9mm and decapitations cause fountains of blood to shoot to the ceiling.