Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Playing badly is no barrier to joining in! In fact, in a goon guild it should be expected.

I haven't played in a few weeks so I've forgotten half of my gambits. Gonna be fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panorama
Jul 25, 2003
This is Dunk, of various persuasions here. Thanks for the nomination but Oficer is not really for me, strictly enlisted. 100years, I'm your time zone (pretty much) so fell free to shout out and I'll come along with most anything (even if you is some kind of frog). Same goes for anyone who's online when I am. I can only say no. ( or bugger off).

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Litany Unheard posted:

:siren:Inviting all Nazgun! Join Edheladan this Saturday and every Saturday at 2 PM Pacific Time until they put this old and decaying MMO out to pasture. I will join anyone of any level for any content, or we can hang out in Bree and play bagpipes! I am a level 85 Warden and have a bunch of level 20-30 alts that I have no idea how to play. I will be on rain or shine because I'm a shut-in so who cares what the weather is like??

Let's do this.

Sounds good to me.

Also Hoboknife: I can't leave the kin because I already joined a new one years ago when I was the 12th dude you kicked for making jokes in kin chat. :)

This guy really has a way with thread making GBS threads, it's two pages and ten paragraphs every time he's offended and one paragraph every other month when no one is mentioning him and just actively talking about a good video game.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

poo poo, I wish my Warden wasn't so far behind the cap, I'd love to raid in this game. maybe ill down some caffeine and see how far I can get. moria is kind of a slog

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
There's a lot of different things to reply to but frankly I'm not going to waste my vacation time replying to every single post.

Couple of things though: If you read closely in the challenge, the 24 man raid doesn't have to be all goons. The point is to show that you can actually organize events and bring the kind of activity that a select few keep bitching about. Doing 3 mans doesn't qualify because it's not generating kin level activity, you can easily post in LFG or something similar to get 3 man content. If you can't manage to get ONE 24 man raid in an entire month then you're just deluding yourself that getting kin leader is going to change anything. As Cao noted, this same exact poo poo happened a few years ago and as soon as a new game came out they all jumped ship leaving the kin at less than half it's activity. I haven't changed my view of running the kin since the beginning:
1. Goons helping goons (always being willing to help out others...which most people can attest, almost anytime I'm online that's usually what I'm doing)
2. Funny is funny...being an rear end in a top hat isn't funny (ok sometimes it is, but not in the context I'm thinking which is just stirring up poo poo to be a rabble-rouser). This is where Extra comes in and you've got a very interesting version of history there by the way. In terms of banning from the kin I can count on one hand the number of people who have fallen into that category and typically it's fallen under this exact kind of crap. Arus got banned for similar reasons of basically being a backstabbing rear end in a top hat. And the third guy who's name I can't remember at the moment got banned for truly being that obnoxious to everyone. I'm probably forgetting one or two others but that's it. So this fiction of being some power tripping, mass banning sociopath is complete fiction. You're like the little yappy dog in the cartoons talking a bunch of poo poo while standing behind the big bulldog with the cigar and little hat. Being in the kin or not, that's why I included you in the challenge offer...if you're so convinced I'm wrong, put some skin the game but if you're just going to be negative from the sidelines then everyone's going to know you're just full of poo poo. Simple solution would be to organize a quick 24 man raid and bring the multiple 15 person kin groups that you're 'networking' with...part 2 of the challenge met. Yet all I'm hearing is bitch bitch too hard bitch bitch.

Grim, saw your acceptance of the challenge. I'll even be generous on it and say that in the 12 mans, 75% goon is sufficient. For the 24 man, as long as you have 3-4 goons the rest can be pubbies for all I care. Considering I'm even willing to be one of those and by the comments of others in the thread, that shouldn't be a problem at all. After each raid in the last three weeks of the challenge, just post the names of who attended here in the thread and what raids were done. 9 raids plus 1- 24 man, and kin leader choice is yours. I'm actually really curious to see if you pull it off. My biggest complaint in this whole thing is that it's easy to be one of the crowd and complain that not enough is being done, but it's another thing entirely to put in all the work and effort to do that very thing...it's where goons go off the rails all the time. Every time I log on I ask if anything is going on and most of the time just silence because inevitably everyone is just soloing and can't be bothered to type a single sentence into kinchat of: hey, yeah I'd like to go hit this raid or that raid. Sure, I'd have no problem helping out...but you're going to find that in this challenge you're going to run into all the same things I had problems with, putting together all this planning to have no one show up. That's why I decided this time to make it a very public challenge...so it's nothing personal, it's just I'd rather be spending my time enjoying the game instead of every 3-6 months hearing the same complaint come up. Either something wonderful happens or it's the end-all-be-all-test to put this to bed for the rest of the game.

BTW, it's 12:32pm: Dunk and I are the only two on and the records show only 6 members have been on in the past 24 hrs...so making the case that I'm not on enough is pretty weak. Going past 24hrs it goes up to 9 people and past 48 hrs it goes up to 11. 4 days, 12. 5 days, 15 and Grim has 5 days logged out btw. So.....yeah, being on all the time or not isn't really the root of the issue here, as many have said it's getting to be an old game.

I'm planning on making the 4pm cst Sat raid if at all humanly possible...I've got a 4 day weekend this week so I should have some time. Yesterday just a small sample of the things I had to do: Try and convince a student not to drop out, try to deal with another student being loudly negative and trying recruit other students to drop out and do a GED with him, work on making up a -$10k deficit for the school finances for next year because I'll have to cut a staff position if I can't find the money somehow, dealing with fixing a state funding issue so we can pull our appropriate Title I funds otherwise one of my teachers isn't getting paid, cover for the officer manager who has been out all week, fix a paint scrape on the bus, continue replacing wireless cards in the student laptops to dual band so they don't keep getting kicked off due to interference, work on a scheduling plan for next year, negotiate an entire curriculum change with my fellow staff, advise other staff on college readiness for some of our students considering dual credit enrollment, go to a truancy court meeting, finish posting board documents that are required by statue, determine an entire earnings/cost/benefit analysis for a food program we set up, work on my own professional development for relicensure in 1.5 years, and do all my regular teaching duties. You really think that kin drama is going to send me over the edge?? heh..

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Good luck with work, school administration work is such a thankless but necessary task. Good on you.

Oxphocker posted:

BTW, it's 12:32pm: Dunk and I are the only two on and the records show only 6 members have been on in the past 24 hrs...so making the case that I'm not on enough is pretty weak. Going past 24hrs it goes up to 9 people and past 48 hrs it goes up to 11. 4 days, 12. 5 days, 15 and Grim has 5 days logged out btw. So.....yeah, being on all the time or not isn't really the root of the issue here, as many have said it's getting to be an old game..

Where do you get these stats from? This seems really really interesting.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Where do you get these stats from? This seems really really interesting.

You just pull up the kinship member list and click the box that says to show/not show online/offline players (I can't remember what it actually says, but it is a toggle). Then you can click the "last on" or "login date" or something column to sort it and just scroll down the list.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Litany Unheard posted:

This game is old and dying but goddamnit I love Hobbits.

This. The Shire is, by far, one of my favorite zones ever in any MMO. They got that place just perfect.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Oxphocker/Hoboknife please do not thread poo poo or make it about you again, this is the like 3rd time you've ever been involved in the game you're the leader of and all 3 times were to post literal pages of poo poo all about you, and defending your internet honor. People just want to play a game with a leader who runs the end game content with you and knows enough about the new end game to help out the kin, invite people, promote the most active people to officer. As a dude with poor mental health: You make me look relaxed.

The level 105 content is going to be really good and I'm glad you won't be on to loot other people's rares because "your music was up loud" and then kick people for the kin for mildly making fun of you for that answer.

*obsessively monitors online time of kin mates rather than playing the game, and forgets the entire concept of alts when posting angrily about fake data*

Stalins Moustache posted:

This. The Shire is, by far, one of my favorite zones ever in any MMO. They got that place just perfect.

It does own that it fits both the game and the books for The Shire to be intro level, as it really is a home base for both the story and the game, and it's described in more detail than a lot of the areas they've had to make since so nobody really argues or disagrees with how they picture it.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 25, 2016

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I also really want to do those Roving Threats. I've never done one and it looks super cool to run across a massive gently caress off beast.

Roving Threats are the poo poo. This is probably the #1 thing I want to do on Saturday.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Looking forward to Saturday. Again, I plan for this to be a regular thing, so don't be bummed if you can't make it tomorrow.

Oh and if it's just me and a bunch of lvl 100's on Saturday then feel free to go off on your high level shenanigans while I continue the grind. Gonna hit that level cap if it kills me.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

FailPirate posted:

Roving Threats are the poo poo. This is probably the #1 thing I want to do on Saturday.

I agree... I've only done a few of them so far...it would be good to do more of them.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I tried to attack a roving threat once or twice.

It did not end well, but I guess you're not supposed to solo them...

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
There is (was?) a group that runs RTs on our new server every weekend midday. I joined them once - it was a clusterfuck, but fun :)

And drat, this drama is the most active the thread has been in 2 years!

extra stout posted:

Oxphocker/Hoboknife please do not thread poo poo or make it about you again, this is the like 3rd time you've ever been involved in the game you're the leader of and all 3 times were to post literal pages of poo poo all about you, and defending your internet honor. People just want to play a game with a leader who runs the end game content with you and knows enough about the new end game to help out the kin, invite people, promote the most active people to officer. As a dude with poor mental health: You make me look relaxed.

The level 105 content is going to be really good and I'm glad you won't be on to loot other people's rares because "your music was up loud" and then kick people for the kin for mildly making fun of you for that answer.

Man, at this point, you bitching about Hobo is more annoying than Hobo ever was. He's not thread making GBS threads, he's trying to explain to you why "WE NEED A NEW KIN LEADER" is pointless unless someone steps up to do the actual work (that he's done before). Nevermind the fact that kin leader or not doesn't loving stop anyone who wants to from organizing poo poo.

extra stout posted:

*obsessively monitors online time of kin mates rather than playing the game, and forgets the entire concept of alts when posting angrily about fake data*

Just clarifying...it takes 5 seconds to look at that in the kin list, it's hardly obsessively monitoring anything, and as long as your Alts are tagged, they'd show in the list just fine. Unless everyone is on untagged alts, everything he said holds true.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I think extra is reading his own posts and attributing them to that hobo guy since extra is the only one doing that poo poo he says the other guy is. This poo poo is awesome, fighting over less than 20 people. Don't just go off and make your own guild. That would make sense.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Was just about to ask about how this game is doing then I read the posts from the past few pages. Jesus.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

revenance posted:

Was just about to ask about how this game is doing then I read the posts from the past few pages. Jesus.

I'm going to ignore the bad posts so you get a reply: The game is actually on a decent climb again after it died down once the free to play hype died. They merged the servers and have been putting out really good content. I'm sure there are plenty of enjoyable games where goons can't get an active group going, don't judge them based on the community here, just give the new content a play through.

Also it's the treasure hunt weekend, so if you want rare mounts/emotes/dumb hats and stuff, now is your time. Just don't barter them until Sunday night or whenever it's set to end this time, as you'll get a couple of the more expensive things with a little loot luck anyway. If you're just in need of gold, the 500 token pets always sold pretty well in the past.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

FYI: 9pm on a Friday night. I'm on...no one else is.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

revenance posted:

Our guild is dead, but the past year or two of content releases (usually one in the spring, one in the fall, they stopped doing typical expansions) have been very solid. At some point in the game's life they quit making actual group and raid content, but we got some more instances for Osgiliath, and the next content update is supposed to even have a raid again.

I find the end game not to be very fun (grindy even by MMO standards), but the overland questing content is always very fun, the landscape and world building continues to be excellent, and the quest text is almost always worth reading.

There's tons to do both solo and groups of all sizes. The new server has lots of PUGs doing things (Roving Threats, instances, Big Battles, whatever dumb thing for marks/meds farming, etc), and there are some active hardcore raid guilds and what-not on the server too, I'm sure, if you're into that.

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

revenance posted:

To be fair this recent drama came out of nowhere, at least I was blindsided by it. So I do not believe it should be taken as a sign of how things are going.

xZAOx posted:

Man, at this point, you bitching about Hobo is more annoying than Hobo ever was. He's not thread making GBS threads, he's trying to explain to you why "WE NEED A NEW KIN LEADER" is pointless unless someone steps up to do the actual work (that he's done before). Nevermind the fact that kin leader or not doesn't loving stop anyone who wants to from organizing poo poo.

I don't know the history of the people involved in this and may overstep myself here, but I wanted to comment on this. What you are saying may very well be true, his intentions might be pure, but the manner in which Hobo has gone about making his point does not lend itself to making his intentions very clear. I say this because when I read his first post I thought it was a totally jackoff thing to do, not that being called out of the blue by somebody whose name I haven't really even seen in this thread before is kosher, but Hobo came off wrong to me.

Again, I do not know the history, and people have made some excellent points, such as stating that nothing is stopping anybody from trying to wrangle a group together, and I am not in any way advocating that Hobo should step down. But his reaction to this whole thing seemed waaay out of proportion to the initial event. Then challenging the person (and the most egregious thing is that it was not a funny challenge, I mean no Hobbit dinner parties? Come on! I want to roll a Hobbit and go to a dinner party in somebody's Hobbit hole and bitch about the quality of their food. Is that too much to ask Hobo? IS IT?) and threatening to ban people from the kin for this obnoxious poo poo only lends itself to Extra's accusation.

What I am trying to argue here is that Hobo's actions in this thread have not helped him get his point across very effectively. It, to me, comes across as overly emotional, which makes me wonder if maybe Fail has a point. Which is stupid. Because logically he doesn't have a point. But this drama-bomb poo poo confuses the matter and makes everything look bad.

Having said that... I've been trying to level up some of my alts the last few weeks as my VIP is going to run out soon and I am not resubbing, so I want to get access and explore the content I would normally not have access too. Not one of my alts is in the kin, I've thought about it, but I also thought about trying to find a more active kin... But I have very little time with work, going back to school, and general life stuff. Lately I've only been playing LOTRO at around 5am (CST) as I have an hour to kill before I have to leave and it takes me at least that long to wake up enough to safely drive to work.

Also I bought two Humble Bundles and have been playing Rome: Total War and Shadowrun Returns a lot.

EDIT:

Furthermore... I'm kinda annoyed with LOTRO. I am sick of quests that act as if they are going to build up to something only to have them fizzle out on me. It seems like time and again I think I'm going to find some big-bad and then I'm turned away or they run off. In Trollshaws there was a Gaunt-lord who I got to fight and it was fun, but what happened? He stuns me and runs away. Same thing with the Carguls, I keep thinking "this is it!" But it never is. It just seems so unsatisfying. Like they are saving up all of these big bosses for raids.

I dunno, maybe my perspective is the problem.

Siddhartha Glutamate fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 26, 2016

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Titus82 posted:

I mean no Hobbit dinner parties? Come on! I want to roll a Hobbit and go to a dinner party in somebody's Hobbit hole and bitch about the quality of their food.

I for one would totally go to a hobbit dinner party, and dress up at that. Even if we all live in dwarf town... but yeah. Who is a cook?

Titus82 posted:

Furthermore... I'm kinda annoyed with LOTRO. I am sick of quests that act as if they are going to build up to something only to have them fizzle out on me. It seems like time and again I think I'm going to find some big-bad and then I'm turned away or they run off. In Trollshaws there was a Gaunt-lord who I got to fight and it was fun, but what happened? He stuns me and runs away. Same thing with the Carguls, I keep thinking "this is it!" But it never is. It just seems so unsatisfying. Like they are saving up all of these big bosses for raids.

I dunno, maybe my perspective is the problem.

This doesn't change much especially when you hit Rohan. The game likes making "developed" bosses that meddle and get beaten back battle by battle but yeah the big defeat comes in much more scripted events.

I think the only real perspective this games needs is a sort of casual exploration one. You're a tourist, that happens to murder everything in his path. While quests do a pretty good job of taking you around maps, I'm glad a lot deeds require you to go off the beaten path because there are some cool things to just see. Kinda the reason I want to do Roving Threats tonight, they seem to be kinda hidden around the map.

I've never subbed outside of a super fortuitous 1 month free trial they offered, because I'm a massive cheap skate (honestly the idea of "obligation to play" would drive me crazy), and the free to play model works really well since just questing through areas, gaining normal rep, usually gets enough TP to buy one more region.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Game still has bagpipes, still worth logging into.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

I used to think Hobo way overreacted and took things too personally too, but after like the umpteenth time I witnessed it myself, I'm more understanding of his perspective. I think it's a real sore spot with him at this point, and as more of us keep seeing it brought up, becoming one for us too - hence the first couple of replies from other kinmates which were basically "Here goes this shitfest again".

Hell, the start of this thread was even another "we need a new leader" thing, that went absolutely nowhere, because there's nowhere near enough goon interest in this game, nor someone who wants to step up. You can go read it yourself to see how it went.

Seriously, options are:
-Start doing it yourself (not you directly, just to someone who would complain), or shut up
-Go to a more active Kin that fits what you're looking for
-Accept that it is what it is and enjoy collecting some bear asses in silence

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

xZAOx posted:

Seriously, options are:
-Start doing it yourself (not you directly, just to someone who would complain), or shut up

Can't agree more. None of us left in the game have the desire to lead the kin or accept the onerous responsibilities that come with it, so replacing the kin leader would be purely cosmetic/more of the same. Also, nobody except for Dunk logs in on a consistent basis (to the best of my knowledge - I could be wrong), and no semblance of being busy running content in groups is going to change that.

I try to stay out of inveterate goon infighting, but I felt like I'd offer my two cents since I really like this game and the goons who play it.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

xZAOx posted:

I used to think Hobo way overreacted and took things too personally too, but after like the umpteenth time I witnessed it myself, I'm more understanding of his perspective. I think it's a real sore spot with him at this point, and as more of us keep seeing it brought up, becoming one for us too - hence the first couple of replies from other kinmates which were basically "Here goes this shitfest again".

Hell, the start of this thread was even another "we need a new leader" thing, that went absolutely nowhere, because there's nowhere near enough goon interest in this game, nor someone who wants to step up. You can go read it yourself to see how it went.

Seriously, options are:

I was steering away from it but you're going to be neck and neck with him for how many pages you can keep the thread about a guy who doesn't play. This thread was not started because we need a new leader, this thread was started because our leader deleted his first post, posted two pages about how it's insane that anyone but him should ever want to be leader even if he's not playing the game actively anymore, and then he locked the old thread. I made a new thread not because I'm trying to claim the grand title of video game club leader, but because we need a thread to post in.

Also, we can't start doing it ourselves, he posts challenges of 15 things people have to do that he does not, and some of them he never did for him to even pretend he's going to give up leadership. I could easily see us doing even the stupid list and him still refusing to let go of his micro-power.

Just ran a 24 man RT group with Grimhesric, got about 60 gift-givers brands and 2 morgul crests in 70 minutes. I think since the added crests as a rare drop they have at least once increased the drop rate, Grim looted 3. Unfortunately they probably won't be much of a rare or valuable thing here in a few weeks anymore. RTs are still worthwhile though, whether they do or do not add a 105 item as RT loot (I bet they will eventually) the house decorations from the vendor are mostly uniquely from them, and really really cool.

Cnidario posted:

Can't agree more. None of us left in the game have the desire to lead the kin or accept the onerous responsibilities that come with it, so replacing the kin leader would be purely cosmetic/more of the same. Also, nobody except for Dunk logs in on a consistent basis (to the best of my knowledge - I could be wrong), and no semblance of being busy running content in groups is going to change that.

I try to stay out of inveterate goon infighting, but I felt like I'd offer my two cents since I really like this game and the goons who play it.

I play pretty casually but consistently, not as much lately because I've already had perfect maxed out legendaries for weeks now. *trump voice* Show us the transcripts of your legendary stats and gear, dear leader.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 26, 2016

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

xZAOx posted:

Seriously, options are:

Basically this.
Either abide by the terms of the challenge or shut your hole.

May is the month to start recording events...plus you only listed two people, 3-4 minimum for the 24 man was the deal (making sure someone besides the two of you can verify).

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

Titus82 posted:

Again, I do not know the history, and people have made some excellent points, such as stating that nothing is stopping anybody from trying to wrangle a group together, and I am not in any way advocating that Hobo should step down. But his reaction to this whole thing seemed waaay out of proportion to the initial event.

I had never said more than hello to Oxphocker up until three days ago. I'm just saying it makes a lot more sense to have the little leadership token go to whoever's putting in the effort to run the kin. I'd like to be able to drop advertisements in Landro like 99% of kinships do and organize hobbit dinner parties and the like , but I can't say I represent the kin if I haven't cleared it with anyone. Nothing's stopping me from doing any of this except Oxphocker -- I'd really rather not have to start getting permission from this guy to take control of really simple poo poo or plan events. It took all of one post for him to demand I accept a challenge with this fail condition:

Oxphocker posted:

2. Every time I log in and you're on...over world chat I want to see: "Oh most glorious god-emperor Hoboknife, you have arrived to grace our presence, I am only a worm in comparison! Please let me lick the empty footsteps you leave behind! I never should have questioned your all-knowing wisdom...let it be known to all on this server that I'm a fool for questioning you!" (If I don't see it, you'll be immediately removed from the kin permanently)

Seems like a really negative way to run a guild. I know I could just start or join a different kin, but we already have an established playerbase here that could have opportunities to run twice as much content, and we all know that's not an unreasonable idea. The unreasonable idea is asking someone to bow like a peasant because they dared question your authority in an online video game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So, I know some of us are meeting now at this hour. I may be a bit late since we're having dinner first, but I'll definitely be there in about 30 minutes.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

It is the 2 PM hour on the West Coast (Best Coast), so we are in Middle Earth! Please join us, we are so lonely

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

xZAOx posted:

This is why Grim. Because I'm tired of trying to be nice and reason with people every 3-6 months because they weren't here for the earlier round.

And I have no problem with anyone organizing events...as has been said multiple times, there's nothing about kin leader that stops anyone from organizing things to do.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

The 2 PM Saturday event was a success! We did a horrible run of Pelargir, died repeatedly in a 12-man instance, and then killed some high-level mobs, including an entirely too-large turtle.

If you want to be a part of the fun, please join me, Edheladan, every Saturday at 2 PM PST for the remainder of the Third Age.

I'll also be endeavoring to play more in general, so if you ever see me on don't hesitate to say hi. I play an elf, but don't hold that against me. I concede the superiority of hobbits.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Litany Unheard posted:

The 2 PM Saturday event was a success! We did a horrible run of Pelargir, died repeatedly in a 12-man instance, and then killed some high-level mobs, including an entirely too-large turtle.

If you want to be a part of the fun, please join me, Edheladan, every Saturday at 2 PM PST for the remainder of the Third Age.

I'll also be endeavoring to play more in general, so if you ever see me on don't hesitate to say hi. I play an elf, but don't hold that against me. I concede the superiority of hobbits.

I think you mean dwarves...

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oxphocker posted:

I think you mean dwarves...

Whoa. I could take all the other crap you were pulling, but this is beyond the pale, Hobo.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

Whoa. I could take all the other crap you were pulling, but this is beyond the pale, Hobo.

You're a hobbit apologist... I'd bet a dwarf would out drink a hobbit any day of the week..

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And isn't that the problem? Since when severe alcoholism classy? A hobbit knows how to put away a few or more pints with style.

Yeah, that was fun. Maybe we can try to recruit from pubbies to run some of the raid material like Flight to the Lonely Mountain, because I really want to just CLEAR that objective... but really, good good fun.

Litany Unheard posted:

I can't wait for you to burst out of the doldrums of Rohan. When you're questing around there and you see me on (Foxjo) let me know if you want me to help you out clear out trash quests even faster. I get if you want to go about it at a leisurely pace though, it's the best way to go about the game.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

For flight, we're going to need at least one high level tank to pull in the majority of mobs without falling. The secondary problem is killing off all the ranged mobs without them singling out the healers.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I can't wait for you to burst out of the doldrums of Rohan. When you're questing around there and you see me on (Foxjo) let me know if you want me to help you out clear out trash quests even faster. I get if you want to go about it at a leisurely pace though, it's the best way to go about the game.

Rohan is crushing my spirit. But I suppose that's intentional; you really get a feel for the Rohirrim and what they're going through. It's like this torment has no end in sight. Very immersive.

Oxphocker posted:

For flight, we're going to need at least one high level tank to pull in the majority of mobs without falling. The secondary problem is killing off all the ranged mobs without them singling out the healers.

We needed two more people, I think. Probably one more tank (or a higher level one, at least).

And in other news, if you really want people to get mad at you stand on top of the cave claw in the treasure hunt.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
http://www.lotro.com/en/lotrostoresale

25% off Runekeeper, Warden, Beorning still going on.

The routine bonus point sale is going on too, which is only like an extra 20 percent but maybe worth considering if you want the upcoming content but don't want to go VIP.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oxphocker posted:

I'll keep that archer bit in mind for the next attempt.

Litany Unheard posted:

Rohan is crushing my spirit. But I suppose that's intentional; you really get a feel for the Rohirrim and what they're going through. It's like this torment has no end in sight. Very immersive.

That's the spirit-ish?

extra stout posted:

http://www.lotro.com/en/lotrostoresale

25% off Runekeeper, Warden, Beorning still going on.

The routine bonus point sale is going on too, which is only like an extra 20 percent but maybe worth considering if you want the upcoming content but don't want to go VIP.

Tempted, but I hear tp grinding builds character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Guys... I think I've got a serious problem and I don't know what to do about it. I just bought the Boerning class and a character slot, which brings my total number of characters up to ten, one for each class. My highest level is Drachenfutter and he is only level 56, I haven't leveled him in weeks, as I keep logging in to play one of my alts.

I think I'm addicted to rolling alts.