Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

If it was Early Access I wouldn't buy it because Early Access is a scam.

Congrats idiot, you got scammed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It is literally not functional. All of my matches have one-sided rollback, the majority of them on my side. As a PC user it is basically guaranteed you are hosed playing vs somebody on PS4. Even when it is playable, the amount of rollback is far greater than it would be on correctly implemented rollback (any game with GGPO) and happens on one side.

PS4 vs PS4 seems mostly fine. If you're on PS4 and playing somebody on PC and its fine for you, it's a guarantee that they are seeing all of the rollbacks.

I'm on PC and the majority of my matches are great. Some are complete trash and that's annoying but I've got far more issue with the PS4 players slow rear end HDDs than anything else.

I'm not saying your experience isn't true but statements like 'guaranteed' isn't from my experience.

This issue wouldn't be so bad if you could just pick your ranked games like you could in SFIV. It was easy to remember the players with the dodgy Internet and you could just avoid them.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 25, 2016

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
How do you handle Mika's who do command throws on you as you wake up?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Renoistic posted:

Block/jumpback tech option select.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Renoistic posted:

You raw wake up super

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let those fuckers know you are the only one in this fight allowed to push buttons

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

A.o.D. posted:

Block/jumpback tech option select.

This does nothing against meaty command throws, since they cannot be blocked and cannot be teched.

You just have to guess, and either jump, backdash, or do an invincible move.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm on PC and the majority of my matches are great. Some are complete trash and that's annoying but I've got far more issue with the PS4 players slow rear end HDDs than anything else.

I'm not saying your experience isn't true but statements like 'guaranteed' isn't from my experience.

This issue wouldn't be so bad if you could just pick your ranked games like you could in SFIV. It was easy to remember the players with the dodgy Internet and you could just avoid them.

I haven't really noticed any issues cross platform. Just having it set to 5 only and ask, then filtering out the non-5's who get through has made it pretty consistent across PC and PS4. Couldn't you also just set it to only look for PC players?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

This does nothing against meaty command throws, since they cannot be blocked and cannot be teched.

I've found against Mika's and Laura's I have to always be on the offensive, never be defending because they will gently caress me if I'm on the back foot. Also I have no clue how to fight Mika and Laura.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

Congrats idiot, you got scammed.

Yeah...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The prejump frames work just fine.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

A.o.D. posted:

The prejump frames work just fine.

That has nothing to do with anything. The block/jump/tech (fuzzy jump) OS will do nothing to protect you from meaty command grabs because you aren't jumping immediately on wakeup. Theoretically it *could*, if you timed your jump+tech perfectly on the 3rd frame after waking up when throw protection wears off, but the OS is actually less useful at defending against the things it's intended to if you're doing it that early.

More than likely you will do it early and get hit by a meaty, or do it slightly late and get grabbed by the meaty command grab anyway.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Renoistic posted:

Wake up DP. Real answer: who are you playing?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try them out tonight. I'm currently trying to learn Cammy but I usually use Ryu. I've had most success using DP on wakeup but if they block I'm screwed.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 25, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Renoistic posted:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try them out tonight. I'm currently trying to learn Cammy but I usually use Ryu. I've had most success using DP on wakeup but if they block I'm screwed.

If they have the meaty timing down your only options are DP or jump/backdash. Usually that's how a grappler is designed, as soon as they knock you down/hit you, you better start guessing, and if you guess wrong, you're dead.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Don't get put in that situation in the first place.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

If you neutral jump with reversal timing, what's the math for whether you can punish a move? Is it something you have to basically lab since the timing of pressing the normal on your jump is kinda analog?

For example, Necalli has a 39 frame jump. If you were in a mirror, you could obviously punish the whiffed command throw since that is 62 frames total. But what about something a little closer like if you caught him doing a crouching mk which is 26 frames end to end?

Also, if there is a 3 frame gap in a string, can you jump in that time? How does that work? How big does a gap need to be for you not to get bopped?

Obviously I could lab this stuff but I'm stuck here waiting for my poo poo to compile :cheers:

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

If you neutral jump with reversal timing, what's the math for whether you can punish a move? Is it something you have to basically lab since the timing of pressing the normal on your jump is kinda analog?

For example, Necalli has a 39 frame jump. If you were in a mirror, you could obviously punish the whiffed command throw since that is 62 frames total. But what about something a little closer like if you caught him doing a crouching mk which is 26 frames end to end?

Also, if there is a 3 frame gap in a string, can you jump in that time? How does that work? How big does a gap need to be for you not to get bopped?

Obviously I could lab this stuff but I'm stuck here waiting for my poo poo to compile :cheers:

With a 3 frame gap, most characters (until the patch) should be able to get off the ground, but the move might still hit you out of the air.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It depends on the startup of your air normal and the direction/range of the hitbox. Like say for example you have two air moves, A and B, both same startup, except one punches up at a 45 degree angle and the other kicks down at a 45 degree angle. The latter move would hit at timings where the former wouldn't. (e: The size and shape of the opponent's hurtbox during recovery also obviously matters a lot)

As for jumping out, it depends on your hurtbox and their hitbox (and I dunno if this applies to SFV, but a lot of other fighting games have jump velocity that differs for every character). Again for example say there's a 4 frame gap in the string and they use a low short as their next move with a hitbox that's literally a line on the ground. You wouldn't get hit. On the other hand if they used a jab that hits at head height, you would be hit unless your jump is so fast that it clears an entire character's worth of height in 1 frame.

tl;dr It's case by case

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 25, 2016

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Prima is running coupon code SWEETSIXTEEN for I think 56% off their eGuides the next couple days if you want to get the electronic version of the official SFV guide. It includes such "convenient, easy-to-use web-access companion" features as it only being available as a web page that only stores your creds for a week or two so when you try and launch it you first have to click around to even find a login page since it isn't anywhere on the page for the guide itself, then fail a few attempts till you search your e-mail for the login ID the site automatically gave you (that's not your e-mail address) and remember the 10 character with capital and special character password the video game guide web site requires. So convenient!

e: and the username is case sensitive, lol get fukt phone access

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It's still pretty sweet, though. For less than a restaurant burger, I say it's a no brainer (no offense burger time)

Thanks for the neutral jump stuff, I'll mess around later. Trying to figure out when I should mix it in defensively and offensively

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
^Totally true. Clunky to get around compared to something like V-Frames, but it has a whole lot of good info in it and very worth grabbing this weekend for :5bux:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there a one-stop site for combos and safe-on-block strings?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is it too late to keep complaining about the lovely netcode?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

Is it too late to keep complaining about the lovely netcode?

I don't think it can be complained about enough.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Is there any way on PC to send messages or anything? I'm getting sick of rage quitters. I'm not even sure how to report them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Don't worry, if they quit over 80% of their games there's a chance capcom might do something about them maybe

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Ryuga Death posted:

I don't think it can be complained about enough.

I'm sure I'd be impressed by random online mixups but if I can't see them until they're hitting me I don't know what they expect

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

I'm sure I'd be impressed by random online mixups but if I can't see them until they're hitting me I don't know what they expect

I like when hits turn into blocks and vice versa.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Help Im Alive posted:

Don't worry, if they quit over 80% of their games there's a chance capcom might do something about them maybe

I keep an ongoing chart of my matches so that I keep my ragequit percentage at 79.9%

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Agoat posted:

dont forget that any mixup you see you need to do something about it 8 frames sooner than you should, you know, since the game has 8 frames of input lag

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I thought it was nine frames.

Things are looking up!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The input lag will likely never be "fixed" as it seems like an intentional inclusion to normalize input lag online and offline. Maybe if there was as much lag as usfiv or something that would make sense, but at over 130 ms it just feels like garbage.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have an odd issue with SF5 where it will play normally at 60 fps when I first boot it up but then after a while, the performance will degrade and then the game will start playing in a bit of slow mode. Is there a way to fix this? My PC specs are i5 4570, gtx 970, 16gb ram, and win7 64bit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Install Linux ROFL

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Ryuga Death posted:

I have an odd issue with SF5 where it will play normally at 60 fps when I first boot it up but then after a while, the performance will degrade and then the game will start playing in a bit of slow mode. Is there a way to fix this? My PC specs are i5 4570, gtx 970, 16gb ram, and win7 64bit.

Pretty sure the answer is for CapCom to fix their memory leaks.

There's a ton of stuff that isn't properly watertight... because the ship is still on fire and OH GOD PUT IT OUT.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Ryuga Death posted:

I guess the most obvious question is what are your temps while playing. I use HWInfo and put the CPU and GPU temps in my system tray.

I also have them in an overlay with my fps using RTSS, but SFV doesn't support overlays.

I have a 970/4670k/8GB/W7-64 bit as well and I've not really had those kinds of issues.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I guess the most obvious question is what are your temps while playing. I use HWInfo and put the CPU and GPU temps in my system tray.

I also have them in an overlay with my fps using RTSS, but SFV doesn't support overlays.

I have a 970/4670k/8GB/W7-64 bit as well and I've not really had those kinds of issues.

55C for my GPU while playing and 60C for my CPU while playing.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Ryuga Death posted:

The slowmo is due to the game being fixed-framed. It wont skip frames, if you are rendering below 60 frames it will wait until it renderes all those frames its behind, causing the slow-mo effect.
There is a known memory leaked caused when changing graphical settings, other than that, try reinstalling?

You can use steams inbuilt fps counter to keep track of stuff.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Ryuga Death posted:

55C for my GPU while playing and 60C for my CPU while playing.

Try going to StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Intermediate\Config\CoalescedSourceConfigs\Engine.ini and setting both vSync lines to 0 and then going to bSmoothFramerate and set it to false.

I would also go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and add the lines

bSmoothFrameRate=false
r.VSync=0

At the bottom because I'm not 100% sure if it loads from the steam folder or the user folder. Then go to nVidia card settings and either force vSync to on or limit to 60fps.

Also, don't use nVidia HD Audio, I think it has some problems with the game, I use RealTek HD audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Try going to StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Intermediate\Config\CoalescedSourceConfigs\Engine.ini and setting both vSync lines to 0 and then going to bSmoothFramerate and set it to false.

I would also go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and add the lines

bSmoothFrameRate=false
r.VSync=0

At the bottom because I'm not 100% sure if it loads from the steam folder or the user folder. Then go to nVidia card settings and either force vSync to on or limit to 60fps.

Also, don't use nVidia HD Audio, I think it has some problems with the game, I use RealTek HD audio.

I have my 970 connected through with HDMI which is how I get video and audio. Would RealTekHD audio work with that setup?

Also, thanks for the help, thread. Going to be trying a lot of these things.