Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

I thought it was fine, Batman Donald Trump was fine I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Batman is basically the Punisher in thus movie only less subtle

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I can't even imagine how vindicated Bryan Singer must feel right now.

Even Kevin Spacey chewing scenery and hamming it up couldn't save that turd, that is still better than X:3 and apparently BvS, which I am not at all eager to see now.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

BirryJoru posted:

I want to pay money to see this movie. Need a title please.

It's a tv commercial, you can see it for free.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OkEvwRgphEk

I will say that while Indian media is way too in love with musicals and romantic comedy they have a good grasp of slapstick.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Also Bollywood is loving cool as hell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxxT3Nz-kyc

I guess technically that's not Bollywood since it's Tamil-language and not made in Mumbai but I don't think anyone outside India knows/cares about the distinction, so

I loving hate India's fixation with musical romantic comedies because their action comedies are on point and funny/good to me and probably international audiences too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlcpr7qEv4

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bat Castle was cool.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Batman is the Punisher but with money.
He dodged Nam as he was rich so wasn't forced to kill.
He lost his parents instead of wife/kid as he was on a rich only night out.

They are the same super hero, except Punisher helps stop crime.
Batman delays it from happening again when they escape/are released.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like when people go why you so mad they kill it's realistic. it's because killing is the coward's way out. i'm watching a space god with laudable morals fly around in blue and red tights (which they made even stupider btw) i don't need realism i wanna watch a hero be good and do good.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Y-Hat posted:

say what you will about Deadpool, but at least it reveled in its ridiculousness. DC movies never crack a smile, there is only room for gloominess and brooding

see above

Did you miss literally every Lex Luthor scene?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

happyhippy posted:

Batman is the Punisher but with money.
He dodged Nam as he was rich so wasn't forced to kill.
He lost his parents instead of wife/kid as he was on a rich only night out.

They are the same super hero, except Punisher helps stop crime.
Batman delays it from happening again when they escape/are released.

No, I mean in that Batman in this movie kills people more explicitly and unapologetically than the Punisher does.

He turns one guy's car into an exploding flail he uses to crush his buddies to death with

Also lol at the fact that Bruce's parents still die at a showing of Mask of Zorro its just a re-release of Mask of Zorro

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Amy Adams is a dream waifu

F2B
Feb 13, 2003

Rape Stink posted:

Zack Snyder has never been able to tell a coherent story with the exception of 300 and Dawn of the Dead which could have had the entirety of their plots written on one side of a dinner napkin. He should be a DP or something 'cause he has a good eye for visuals, but absolutely no other directorial skills.

Honestly I think the initial reception to the first few frames of 300 introduced at Comi-Con 2006 have carried him through just as many poo poo movies. Where would the cinematic universe be with out Comi-Con's knee-jerk reactions to clips from such cinematic gems such as Snakes on A Plane?

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
I liked Watchmen, is that wrong?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

hseroK divaD posted:

yeah

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

watchmen had the most hilariously bad musical queues and the old person makeup was worse than white chix

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I love how they've got a hero called Vigilante and his costume is a hat plus his scarf pulled up over his mouth. Reeeal loving stellar effort there, dude.

DC rebooted Vigilante somewhat in the '80s, wearing a ski mask and goggles. The guy runs around in as DC Comics version of the Punisher, with the same stopping grounds, same methods, etc. The confusing part is the cowboy Vigilante shows up often as well, because he was part of the Justice League, so all those guys have to get face time once in awhile.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hseroK divaD posted:

likei said before the dr manhattan origin story ruled but he also cut out the best dr manhattan part.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
When you run out of ideas just throw in a dream sequence.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

hseroK divaD posted:

its not a bad movie in its own right and as an adaptation its not nearly as much of a shitshow as most. i liked it.

its just really idk superficial compared to the book. prob cause the book should never have been made into a movie and even at 3 hours long they cut a ton of good bits

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

hseroK divaD posted:

I also liked Watchmen. I never read the GRAPHIC NOVEL because comics are for children.

I saw Batman vs. Superman and I'm still unclear as to what the plot of the movie actually was.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Just saw it it was fukkin fine. Batman's overstuffed batsuit was hilarious though.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Trast posted:

The Superman Animated Series by the same people was pretty legit too.

The movie would have probably been better received if Zack cribbed from the World's Finest episodes rather than the Death of Superman.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I saw it and I dunno why the reviewers were so harsh to be honest, it has some reeeeeeeal bad pacing issues in the beginning but I probably enjoyed it more than some Marvel movies and definitely more than Man of Steel.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I went and saw it tonight. The casting on lesser roles was bad. Alfred would've made a great Gordon (if Gary Oldman didn't want to do it) and Lex would've been an incredible Riddler. Too bad they hosed that (and so much else) up already. Oh well, my dead gay favorite franchise. Everybody has one of those, right? Right.

E: I enjoyed the end sequence stuff, though. From Doomsday's birth and on, I was into it.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i haven't seen it yet. the vibe i'm getting from the batman talk is that he's basically frank miller's batman circa all star batman and robin the boy wonder where he's incredibly insane except in the movie i'm guessing he doesn't try to make a 12 year old boy eat rats

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Neurosis posted:

i haven't seen it yet. the vibe i'm getting from the batman talk is that he's basically frank miller's batman circa all star batman and robin the boy wonder where he's incredibly insane except in the movie i'm guessing he doesn't try to make a 12 year old boy eat rats

There's literally a thank you to Frank Miller in the special thanks section of the credits, so basically, yes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Spirit isn't even in the bottom ten of all the superhero movies rated on Rotten Tomatoes

code:
The Spirit 				14
Ghost Rider 2 				14
Howard the Duck   			14
Captain America (1992) 			13
Steel 					12
Jonah Hex 				12
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace 	12
Batman and Robin 			11
Elektra 				10
Catwoman 				9
Fantastic Four (2015)			9
Supergirl 				8
Son of The Mask  			6
Zoom 					3
... not that the Rotten Tomatoes rating system actually counts for anything, of course

dude steel was loving bad

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Literally just left the theater. There was a kid with his head buried in his mom's lap for the entire last five minutes wailing. There was this little kid in a superman shirt with his head down slowly leaving in front of me.

This movie wasn't bad, I went to see some trash. This poo poo was joyless. This poo poo is gonna haunt kids.

Man that is just depressing. :smith:

Neurosis posted:

He does brand criminals with the bad symbol leading to the other criminals killing the branded ones in prison. I think that actually one ups Frank Miller's insanity.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FizFashizzle posted:

dude steel was loving bad

Making a Steel movie that never even mentions Superman might have worked but .... well, not in this universe. Same applies to the Catwoman movie that didn't have Batman.

But apparently Hollywood hasn't learned their lesson since they just announced a Venom movie which won't have Spiderman.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

I also liked Watchmen. I never read the GRAPHIC NOVEL because comics are for children.

in all seriousness, don't give the Watchmen comic to an actual child

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

gently caress Zack Snyder for not making the ultimate villain an ubergrimdark Mr. Mxyptlk, voiced by Wallace Shawn, with weird Clutch Cargo lips.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

god drat this movie is just really really not good

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Trast posted:

Man that is just depressing. :smith:

He does brand criminals with the bad symbol leading to the other criminals killing the branded ones in prison. I think that actually one ups Frank Miller's insanity.

i have a soft spot for the hypermasculine violent manchild that frank miller's batman is despite dark knight strikes again and all star being objectively kind of lovely so i am okay with this.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

But apparently Hollywood hasn't learned their lesson since they just announced a Venom movie which won't have Spiderman.

am i supposed to be shocked at the end when spiderman comes out of nowhere to stop him and save nyc while chad krueger sings a power ballad?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
also the branding doesn't one up frank miller's batman. Frank miller's tried to make dick grayson eat rats after dick's parents were killed and painted a whole room yellow to beat up hal jordan for no good reason and abused dick so much he became a bisexual psychopath.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Batman killed a lot of dudes in this movie.

Freaky shittastic future batman was cool tho, just gunnin dudes down and being super upset about everything.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neurosis posted:

Frank miller's tried to make dick grayson eat rats after dick's parents were killed and painted a whole room yellow to beat up hal jordan for no good reason and abused dick so much he became a bisexual psychopath.

I would watch this film.

In the meantime we can all enjoy this GI Joe fan film which also ...... uh, let's say it pushes a few envelopes. Then it goes down to the post office and buys a few more envelopes and also pushes them. AIDS!!
:nws::nms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8L0xYJZPy8

You see, that's how you do a film adaptation of comicbook characters and push them in new and interesting directions.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
It was a pretty good movie. I liked the part where Batman punched a bunch of dudes.

Film took itself way too seriously, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheWeepingHorse posted:

gently caress Zack Snyder for not making the ultimate villain an ubergrimdark Mr. Mxyptlk, voiced by Wallace Shawn, with weird Clutch Cargo lips.

see, that would have been entertaining

being entertaining is not a quality zack snyder understands or even wants to try

• Locked thread