Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

I love Zelda 2 too but I dunno man calling it a good game might be a stretch

Especially the second half and double plus especially that fuckhole of a final palace
A good game and that Adventure Time game are pretty far apart, there's a lot of middle ground available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
If it helps make you feel any better, I did only make the comparison because it was a side scroller type. I know that is a broad generalization but it did felt like Zelda 2 in that aspect.

I mean yeah Zelda 2 is a way better game (even if it is a goddamn hardass game near Death Mountain)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I just watched the trailer for Senran Kagura Estival Versus (where's the F?) and I have not quite laughed nearly so hard at a video game trailer in quite awhile.

I guess it's a Dynasty Warriors thing, but it goes from ludicrous cheesecake and then suddenly it's like "And also you can play as this old granny" and I was like "that's me I want to play as that old granny" and now I'm wondering if fifty dollars is too much to spend to discard my dignity.

Do it. Dehuminize yourself and face to bloodshed anime boobs :unsmigghh: :nyoron:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wamdoodle posted:

Do it. Dehuminize yourself and face to bloodshed anime boobs :unsmigghh: :nyoron:

I mean, is there anything more to it than that? I want $50 of gameplay, otherwise I'll just go buy digimon. :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I forgot that time gal was even a thing that existed

I will now continue to forget that time gal was even a thing that existed

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I mean, is there anything more to it than that? I want $50 of gameplay, otherwise I'll just go buy digimon. :colbert:

digimon is good, buy that

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Not really. It's definitely a mindless button masher. Get digimon instead.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If you want to give Senran's publisher (MarvUSA/XSEED) money, buy Trails in the Sky FC & SC or Cold Steel instead.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Hey Bible Corn, if you had to pick Max Payne 3 or Kayne & Lynch 2, which would you rather play?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Great Joe posted:

Hey Bible Corn, if you had to pick Max Payne 3 or Kayne & Lynch 2, which would you rather play?

K&L2 for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgnV_WaKwiE

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I liked the trailer for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt6fR4Jsw0g

I think most people hated it because you definitely were playing very bad men who went against even worse people. Also the abrupt ending.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
*slams door to thread open; has bedhead and a string of drool hanging from chin* I HEARD SOMEBODY TALKING ABOUT KANE AND LYNCH 2 AND IT WASN'T SCREAMING ABOUT HOW BAD IT IS *wipes mouth* Because it isn't. It is a great loving game.

edit: Seriously if any of you own KnL2 or wanna buy it during the MS spring sale get with me because I want to play and finish that game in co-op.

cram me sideways fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 25, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
FactsAreUseless joined us for Resident Evil Gaiden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYiQSp_Qnmw

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
K&L2 is only 4 or 5 hours long, it's the perfect length to play thrpugh on a lazy Sunday when you're hung over or feverish or coming down from a trip and that state of mind is absolutely conductive to a game where everything is gross and terrible and the worst things keep happening.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I just watched the trailer for Senran Kagura Estival Versus (where's the F?)
"Estival" means in the summer, like "vernal" means in the spring :eng101:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Huh, I've learned something today!

So is there good gameplay in those SK games or is it a game series for mild gameplay engagement and anime tittays a la DOA

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

Huh, I've learned something today!

So is there good gameplay in those SK games or is it a game series for mild gameplay engagement and anime tittays a la DOA
There are more missions than a DOA game but also more boobs and more cutscenes. Whether the gameplay or boobs or cutscenes are good is largely dependent on personal preference, I wouldn't say they're either amazing or abominable

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Masturbatory aides

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fair enough, far be it from me to judge :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tokyo Beat Down is the superior ultra-shallow handheld anime beat 'em up.

https://youtu.be/3BYvPC3aUi0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I just watched the trailer for Senran Kagura Estival Versus (where's the F?) and I have not quite laughed nearly so hard at a video game trailer in quite awhile.

I guess it's a Dynasty Warriors thing, but it goes from ludicrous cheesecake and then suddenly it's like "And also you can play as this old granny" and I was like "that's me I want to play as that old granny" and now I'm wondering if fifty dollars is too much to spend to discard my dignity.

You have to play it quite a while to unlock Sayuri

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Motto posted:

Tokyo Beat Down is the superior ultra-shallow handheld anime beat 'em up.

https://youtu.be/3BYvPC3aUi0

Oh gently caress I had forgotten about that game. Some of the names are friggin great though. The main character is Lewis Cannon and he's part of the Beast Cops :cop:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Man that sucks when a game you were waiting for ends up getting negative reviews.

Slain looked good but from the videos I saw yeah, no. Lag on controls and the game isn't that fun to play. Shame.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I played a couple of the Senran games. They were not really my thing but I don't like Dynasty Warriors and the writing was bad-to-smirk-worthy. The anime boobs are huge and plenty if you enjoy that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

You have to play it quite a while to unlock Sayuri

Ya gotta work hard 'cause Granny's worth it.

Anyway I bought Digimon. I'm putting it in my PS4 right now! It's sliding in! That motherfucker's hungry for some digital action! DIGI MON ARE THE CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

pro tip for digimon: they get stronger the more you evolve them so if you hit a leveling plateau or something just shunt that dude down a type then level him back up again real quick.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im gonna play ff13-2

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress which one do I pick

i'm gonna go with my gut and pick the cutest one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

gently caress which one do I pick

i'm gonna go with my gut and pick the cutest one

you can get all of them later so just pick whichever

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I watched my gf play through cybersleuths, and apparently you can get platinum poo poo monsters that hyper level your mons fast

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Re: the Shakespeare puzzle.

I wonder if it's fair for a game to ask for outside knowledge like that. Because if, say, your high school never did Shakespeare because you went to a French school and did Molière instead, then the game just makes you feel dumb and I don't like feeling dumb, you're the dumb one, game, not me

I can't think of any other popular games that feature a puzzle that tests your general knowledge. Usually you can find the answer a couple of steps away.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215280/

I was told by someone who picked this up when this came out that it calls for a great amount of "not in the game" information. It's mediocre in many aspects, but it definitely did attempt the task of asking for actual real-world knowledge to progress in the game.

Shindragon posted:

Man that sucks when a game you were waiting for ends up getting negative reviews.

Slain looked good but from the videos I saw yeah, no. Lag on controls and the game isn't that fun to play. Shame.

At least there's room for optimization and actual completion, and it's not a literal scam cash grab. :shobon:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oh no lavos is crashing into lovely ff13 world

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
oh poo poo i recognize that guy that guy was in the movie!!!!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Playing the first Uncharted now now and half the time I'm thinking I actually prefer this to the later ones and half the time I'm wishing I could strangle anyone who worked on it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there a voice volume slider in Uncharted? One solution would be to turn that all the way down, turn off subtitles, and skip all cutscenes.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I hate the shrill ear-piercing sound effect the M79 gives if you're too close to one of its exploding shells. In Crushing I'd hear that like ten times in a row and it gets really loving annoying immediately.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
lmao this lady with a car outta nowhere.

I was just wondering why this character designer keeps getting work and now I'm reminded

EDIT: This game has really nice environments. They definitely put a big chunk of the budget into making neat setpieces. I dunno why the camera has to be so restricted though.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 26, 2016

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Playing the first Uncharted now now and half the time I'm thinking I actually prefer this to the later ones and half the time I'm wishing I could strangle anyone who worked on it.

It's all so loving precious and everyone's a supreme wit and so god drat good lookin' and at no time - NO TIME - do you actually believe that ANY of the good guys are in any sort of danger and they might not actually achieve their goals.

See: Those loving Marvel movies or Firefly

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

My artwork is augmented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
I just replayed the first level of K&L2 and yes god drat it this poo poo is slamming.

• Locked thread