Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
I say we stun her and tell her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I feel like if we Stun her, we're not going to figure out just how much trouble we're in. So probably Talk it out, and Tell her, but prepared to stun her if poo poo goes bad.

JawaKnight
Jul 9, 2014
As much as I want to baton her in the face, I think we should talk ... to hell with that. Stun her and tell her who we are. She hosed up, and we need to let her know.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Stun her and tell her nothing. I'm all for friendship, but let me tell you something important about me IRL: do not loving cross me or mine.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Stun her, but don't tell her. :argh: Make her pay for what she did, but we're on a mission here.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

stun and tell

DeafAssassin
Feb 25, 2014
Stun and don't tell her anything Can we just let Jack handle it? We are kinda in his domain.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Sam Faust posted:

Snitches get stitches and by stitches I mean 1,000 V of vindictive justice.
Also secrets are meant to be kept.

Stitches, bitches and snitches. This is all of the. STUN THE BITCH and she don't need to know nothing!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Stun her and tell her! Let the backstabber feel electric vengeance!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Eh it's getting close to the general cutoff time and votes have slowed down, so let's take a look at the results! There was a little bit of difficulty deciding how I wanted to count this. I was originally thinking that talk/stun and tell/don't would be two completely separate votes. I then started to realize that some people might be okay with telling Yvette who we are if we plan on talking it out but would rather keep mum if the end result was to shock her. Stuff like that, you know? So I figured the best course of action was to spread this out into four potential outcomes:

Talk and tell - 8
Talk but don't tell - 5
Stun and tell - 19
Stun but don't tell - 17

The vast majority of people were down for stunning her but beyond that it was a pretty close call for revealing our identity. For the sake of being open, there was one vote for just "stun" with no stipulation of what else to do and another for just "don't tell". No matter where I place these will really make a difference so to avoid debating where those votes would belong I'll just leave them off to the side.

Does vengeance come with a price? I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Kaubocks posted:

Does vengeance come with a price?

Are we still on Pandora? Then no, probably not.

I mean I guess technically we're not on Pandora, we're in geosynchronous orbit, but.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

New video coming in piping hot!

Sorry I'm a day late on this! I was feeling super gross on Monday and got no work done. Plus Stardew Valley ruined my weekend so here I am hauling rear end to get this out today. Of course, as usual, a new video means there's a :siren:NEW VOTE:siren:!

Handsome Jack is offering us a once in a lifetime opportunity. Do you think we have the ability to rule Hyperion? Or do you think there'd be too much baggage from all parties involved and that we should refuse?

Since the vid came out late, voting period is extended to "sometime Sunday evening-ish".

EDIT: Oh yeah. This is another one of those videos where there's not a lot of episode left after the choice, so once the vote has been made I'll do my usual "take the video down and append the rest of the episode onto the end" thing.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 6, 2016

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Trust Jack. Rule Hyperion.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
We're officially at the "I want to see how the thread loses their poo poo about what happens in the updates" part of the LP.

I was really close to missing a lot of the QTEs during the gunfight because I was half-laughing too hard and half-not believing this was actually happening.

Also uhhhhhh Butt Stallion :stare:

(spoilering so noone reads it before watching the LP).

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
:psyduck: What the hell did I just watch.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Worth mentioning that when I saw this scene, I knew I had to buy this. It was quite definitely what sold me on the game.

This is an offer you Refuse.

Because I took it.

But if the vote is for it, please pick anything but accountants when that's relevant.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Krysmphoenix posted:

:psyduck: What the hell did I just watch.

A horrible massacre.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
If I were the Handsome Jack guard, I'd be more worried that Butt Stallion isn't actually made of diamond if a bullet could pierce its hide.

Also I can guarantee to everyone that what happens in this episode isn't the weirdest flavor of corporate culture you'll ever see. Corporate folks are weird.

Rule Hyperion, Rhys is already far and away better than Handsome Jack, even if he does have the criteria to become yet another Handsome Jack. Maybe this time, something good will come of it. Or at least get a ton of money and power and live a short but good life.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

We're never going to have a chance like this again. Besides, think of what we could do with that power. At the very least, it'll get us out from under Vallory's thumb.

Rule Hyperion.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

We didn't trust Jack before, but he's giving us a second chance. I say we take it and rule Hyperion.

Also, what was up with that "gunfight?" Is that explained in the pre-sequel, or is it unique to this game?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

CaptianKatsura posted:

We didn't trust Jack before, but he's giving us a second chance. I say we take it and rule Hyperion.

Also, what was up with that "gunfight?" Is that explained in the pre-sequel, or is it unique to this game?

It's just a Hyperion tradition. We saw smaller scale finger gun fights early on in the game.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

apostateCourier posted:

It's just a Hyperion tradition. We saw smaller scale finger gun fights early on in the game.

I noticed the previous fights, I was just wondering which game created that tradition. Because it didn't come up in Borderlands 2, which is the only one I've played to near completion.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

CaptianKatsura posted:

It's not a reference to anything in particular. In the first video when Rhys is still on Helios, you see him and another guy make finger guns at each other. They just kinda took it to the absolute limit. Occasionally in Ep 4 you see some Hyperion folks in the background fake shoot each other! :buddy:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rhys got into this whole mess because he wanted to be at The Top. Take the Deal and Rule Hyperion

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Not trusting Jack has robbed us of Dumpy, Jackopedia, destroyed Fiona's first hat, and got Vaughn paralyzed. We must take this opportunity to rule Hyperion to make sure mistakes like these are never made again.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I have always been against Jack. As this is clearly an important decision, it is only logical to make a 180 and say take it.

Also, as of that accountant scene I have no choice but to purchase this game.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Oh come on, you jerks have spent this long refusing to do what Jack wants, why change it up now? Let's refuse and go back to Pandora with our friends, including our currently missing friend, but not our Yvette friend because gently caress that lady.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

I think my favorite part of this bit is when the voice changer breaks, that's actually Troy Baker doing an incredible Patrick Warburton impression. When I first played this, I thought that the voice modulator was just in a constant state of barely-working just off of the fact I couldn't tell the difference between Baker-Vasquez and Warburton-Vasquez at all (although in retrospect it's a little more obvious :v:).

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 31, 2016

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
All aboard the bad decision train! I got my ticket, next stop Ruling Hyperion!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So I actually just finished Borderlands: TPS and I have to say that I'm glad Jack stopped using the back wall of his office for sticky notes. Ruined the view. The, uh, giant statues of himself sure are a thing, though.

I'm also inordinately fond of Nisha's hat and Angel's picture in his office. Jack's an rear end in a top hat, but even he has people he cares about. Or, well. Cared about...

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
... Actually, there's a good point there; this Jack has people he cares about. This version of Jack doesn't know that Angel's hella dead at this point, does he?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The only people Jack seems to care about are his loved ones, and even then he exploits the hell out of them. Rhys isn't related to Jack and he certainly isn't banging Jack so there go any of his chances for "safe exploitation". Decline, if Jack doesn't kill you then being the CEO will paint a big enough target on your head.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

tlarn posted:

... Actually, there's a good point there; this Jack has people he cares about. This version of Jack doesn't know that Angel's hella dead at this point, does he?

No, he doesn't know. He explicitly said he wants to check up on her once they're done with the Vault because he isn't aware that she's been killed.

This indicates that the AI Jack was created sometime between the Vault Hunters arriving on Pandora (because he knows about them) and Angel being killed (because even though most people didn't know Jack had a daughter, he publicly announced that the Vault Hunters had killed her after they did so, so that's common knowledge).

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Sure, it's guaranteed to backfire horribly almost immediately, but it's almost certain to do so hilariously. We shall rule Hyperion with a cyborg fist and our benevolent rule shall last for minutes! Minutes I tell you! Just think of what we might do!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

It's true that AI Jack doesn't know that Angel is dead and as CuwiKhons points out it's an interesting piece of information. I chose not to dwell on it though due to a line of dialogue that comes up later in the game which I can explain more once I get there.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
gently caress Hyperion. Jack's only being nice right now so he can get us to let him do...whatever it is that he wants. Probably take over our brain or something else mean.

Besides, rejecting Hyperion probably means embracing Sasha, whereas trying to take Jack's place is exactly what would push her away the most. I want a happy ending, dammit. :colbert:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

I WISH TO RULE

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Hyperion isn't worth the trouble. You are just gonna get murdered in the long run like every other Hyperion boss so refuse Jack

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Bucking the trend and saying it's Kaubocks' choice. Not that it matters, but it's nice to be a rebel sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shinarato posted:

Hyperion isn't worth the trouble. You are just gonna get murdered in the long run like every other Hyperion boss so refuse Jack

• Locked thread