Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

HenryEx posted:

No. Time of deliberation has nothing to do with it. Even hour long meetings can be decided emotionally.
Still seems really out of character for a few people given the lessons learned so far. Just my humble opinion on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The first panel here made me laugh harder than I have in a good long while.

Horikoshi's photo-realistic animal people are one of my favourite things.

Yeah I'm pretty easily amused but that took it to another level. Horikoshi being too good at both action and comedy is the best curse to have.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fabricated posted:

Still seems really out of character for a few people given the lessons learned so far. Just my humble opinion on the matter.

Not really.

Midoriya was established explicitly about not caring so much about the rules of heroism, as he does the spirit. Literally the line this chapter was the callback to chapter one - 'my body moved without thinking'. He's a Hero's Hero.

Ilda is going because he wants to keep everyone out of trouble - he'll probably happily sacrifice himself if poo poo goes bad, and thinks of himself as one of the smartest in the class.

Yaz has similar reasoning - she's smart, she's multicapable, she wants to make sure stuff happens without a hitch.

Todoroki is the only one whose reasoning is kind of shakey, but he's very sure of the whole 'we can get in and get out without big fights' idea. He also thinks of himself as the strongest member of the class, and also has a martyr complex.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 25, 2016

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I like that Ashido calls Yaoyorozu "Yaomomo."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wonder if the MHA world has gotten used to people looking like weird rock-flesh monsters or snakes yet or if monster people mostly pair up with other monster people. most people still seem normal human-ish.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

KittyEmpress posted:

Not really.

Midoriya was established explicitly about not caring so much about the rules of heroism, as he does the spirit. Literally the line this chapter was the callback to chapter one - 'my body moved without thinking'. He's a Hero's Hero.

Ilda is going because he wants to keep everyone out of trouble - he'll probably happily sacrifice himself if poo poo goes bad, and thinks of himself as one of the smartest in the class.

Yaz has similar reasoning - she's smart, she's multicapable, she wants to make sure stuff happens without a hitch.

Todoroki is the only one whose reasoning is kind of shakey, but he's very sure of the whole 'we can get in and get out without big fights' idea. He also thinks of himself as the strongest member of the class, and also has a martyr complex.
I dunno. The guy he thinks can literally do no wrong is on the case. Like of all people you'd think Midoriya would be the one to say, "uh, literally the #1 hero on earth is on the case. I think it'll be alright guys."

Iida and Momo going makes even less sense. They know what they're doing is against the law regardless if they actually fight or not (and you know they're gonna end up fighting). Like, this magnitude of a fuckup should literally end their careers if just "not letting a psychotic murderer kill people in front of me" required the chief of police to cover for their asses.

To me, really, this kinda goes counter to everything established for the characters so far and I don't think "They're kids", "Midoriya always does dumb stuff", or "Emotions" really covers it. Basically, they have to be there because something huge is gonna happen and they have to be there to witness it because it's not much of a story if the main character stays in bed.

And not to derail further, that's all I gotta say.

Also the Tsuyu mini-chapter thing is great and :3: as hell.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Have we seen the #3 hero yet?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Fabricated posted:

I dunno. The guy he thinks can literally do no wrong is on the case. Like of all people you'd think Midoriya would be the one to say, "uh, literally the #1 hero on earth is on the case. I think it'll be alright guys."

Your points are pretty solid, but I don't think anyone knows All Might is on the case actually. It seems like the police are keeping their hero sting completely under wraps. The only thing these kids know is that Momo told the police about the tracker. They know nothing about what the police are doing with that information, because they have no reason to be in the loop. From their perspective all that's happening is "the police are investigating it," and they are clearly not considering even the possibility that anyone else will go save Bakugou. They're blinded by their desire to be heroes and not thinking through what everyone else is going to do here.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bakugou's putting up a good front, but he's sweating bullets

or perhaps other, more incendiary munitions

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Just going to drop this here in the vain hope someone will adopt it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

Remember how his power works. He is literally doing that.

i see the Villain Alliance's future, and it is on fire.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

gnome7 posted:

Your points are pretty solid, but I don't think anyone knows All Might is on the case actually. It seems like the police are keeping their hero sting completely under wraps. The only thing these kids know is that Momo told the police about the tracker. They know nothing about what the police are doing with that information, because they have no reason to be in the loop. From their perspective all that's happening is "the police are investigating it," and they are clearly not considering even the possibility that anyone else will go save Bakugou. They're blinded by their desire to be heroes and not thinking through what everyone else is going to do here.

I'm pretty sure it was All Might that Momo told about the tracker, so the kids at least know All Might is involved. But at the same time I don't think it's out of character for Deku to want to get involved anyway. Because he wants to save everyone and even if the pro-heroes are going as well I don't think he's the type who'd be ok with himself if he didn't try to help at all. Like, i'm sure as long as Bakugou is rescued he'll be happy but Deku is definitely the type of person who would (as long as he has any ability to do so) do whatever he can to save someone.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Amstrad posted:

Just going to drop this here in the vain hope someone will adopt it.

I'm about as much of a disaster as that girl IRL so why not

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I was going to point to whatshisface mcpoliceman being with the heroes at the same time that Dark... something (I am bad at names) was with the villains, but then I remembered that Double is a guy that exists.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Lord of Hats posted:

I was going to point to whatshisface mcpoliceman being with the heroes at the same time that Dark... something (I am bad at names) was with the villains, but then I remembered that Double is a guy that exists.

Twice.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The fact that All Might is bringing several of the top heroes with him has me worried that most of them are going to die.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

The fact that All Might is bringing several of the top heroes with him has me worried that most of them are going to die.

The fact that All Might is bringing Endeavour along with him has me worried that many others are going to die.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
An all-star line up either means this is gonna be a complete stomp with a last-minute tragedy or they're walking right into some gigantic trap.

None of the mooks they have working for them can hold a candle to any of those guys. Dabi may not have been going at 100% but he doesn't seem to be much of a fighter- neither are any of the leftovers from the strike squad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
How many Noumus do you think Shigaraki has on hand?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Enough, I imagine.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

An all-star line up either means this is gonna be a complete stomp with a last-minute tragedy or they're walking right into some gigantic trap.

None of the mooks they have working for them can hold a candle to any of those guys. Dabi may not have been going at 100% but he doesn't seem to be much of a fighter- neither are any of the leftovers from the strike squad.

I'm going to assume it would have gone the former, but the presence of the students is going to create an opportunity for the latter. That being said I do agree that it's baffling that at least half of the people who want to go on the rescue mission are going. I fully expected Iida to show up with Aizawa in tow.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Not many if he has them on hand for long :v:.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly

When poo poo hits the fan someone is gonna open the back door and inside will be darkness aside from dozens of eyes and toothy grins

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New PV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jBRnSVaGmI

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm kind of worried that they took the time to explain exactly how hosed up Deku is getting with medical charts and poo poo. He's either got to find a regeneration quirk user or figure out how to do the He-Man transformation All Might does. Otherwise we'll be following the adventures of Captain Noodle Arms.

Tollymain posted:

Nah, by Bakugou standards he's cool as a cucumber. Hope they aren't too attached to their hideout, cause that poo poo's going up like bonefire in a fireworks factory.

Fabricated posted:

Probably a complete stomp with the kids showing up just in time to see All Might die.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gyges posted:

I'm kind of worried that they took the time to explain exactly how hosed up Deku is getting with medical charts and poo poo. He's either got to find a regeneration quirk user or figure out how to do the He-Man transformation All Might does. Otherwise we'll be following the adventures of Captain Noodle Arms.

Deku trained with Gran Torino specifically to learn how to not explode his limbs so I don't think he needs a regeneration power or anything. It's just that he could barely use 5% of his power safely with the amount of training he had and then immediately went to like 1000% power because he's a crazy man who doesn't care about his own welfare. So like, if he just calms down a bit and stops going nuts with his quirk i'm sure he'll be fine.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Chapter was good. The reasoning for all the kids going is pretty shaky, but if it pays off with good fights and emotional All Might death scene, I'll be cool with it.

also pv was real fuckin cool

Charlie Bobson fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 26, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Mr Compress seems like he would be dangerous. The Noumu they borught along as well seems like it could be very dangerous. Twice seems to be a support role sort of dude, but doubling the Noumu would likely be dangerous. Shigaraki and Kurogiri would be dangerous as well.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The "Deku can't stop exploding his arms" storyline needs to cap off with him just getting cyborg replacements after he ACTUALLY destroys them. Then it can be like Fullmetal Alchemist where instead of sitting in the hospital after every fight he's getting replacements made.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

Mr Compress seems like he would be dangerous. The Noumu they borught along as well seems like it could be very dangerous. Twice seems to be a support role sort of dude, but doubling the Noumu would likely be dangerous. Shigaraki and Kurogiri would be dangerous as well.
The Noumu, Mist, and Shigaraki are the only people there who seem like they'd be dangerous to the most seasoned pros.

Dabi's clones got clowned even if they were kinda holding back, Toga got CQC'd by a kid even if she didn't use her quirk, and Magne/Spinner got beat handily by two rescue-type heroes. Twice/Compress are backup.

It's really looking like the kids will fight the mook squad because outside of Momo/Kirishima there's 3 clearly pre-destined fights. Todoroki vs Dabi, Iida vs Spinner, and Toga vs Midoriya (she still has Uraraka's blood- calling here that she can turn into people she drinks the blood of or something like that) which would work since she doesn't seem like the type Midoriya would have to open a can on.

That leaves Shigaraki and Mist and maybe a Noumu vs a full group of top-ranked heroes.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 26, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TriffTshngo posted:

The "Deku can't stop exploding his arms" storyline needs to cap off with him just getting cyborg replacements after he ACTUALLY destroys them. Then it can be like Fullmetal Alchemist where instead of sitting in the hospital after every fight he's getting replacements made.

it would be great if one for all also empowered robot arms.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Desire to see Frogdad tell a suitor to :frogout:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It not like Deku really had a choice in that last fight since if he didn't go nuts he and the kid would both be dead.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Fair enough, but he should have clocked out after dropping Kouta off. Instead he rushed in after Bakugou.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
kinda shaky writing when the situation written was so obviously engineered for Deku to be forced to push past his maximum x1000.
Like, no kind of "lets try to solve this riddle-fight", no escape made because the guys quirk is like deku's but better.
Can't really articulate it but it's a far too convenient story for some manufactured drama.

Last arc didn't sit so well with me

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I kinda liked it. It's a growing moment for Deku. This was the first fight he had to finish by himself. Before he had heroes show up, during the tournament arc he was too busy getting Todoroki out of his daddy issues. And during the Stain fight he had help from other students.
This was the first time he had to go all out and as a result his arms got hosed up really bad. Deku has always shown to be very resourceful and creative when it comes to using his powers. This was the first serious power struggle he had to face and it's something he's clearly not capable of doing currently.

This whole thing looks like it'll lead into Allmight getting set up/killed. This combined with Deku's helplessness in the last arc sets up a very good character drive for him to build on in the upcoming arcs.

Horikoshi so far has shown excellent writing and I'm pretty confident he'll use this as the foundation for a good story going forward.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rhonne posted:

I hope Best Jeanist is okay--he has the Best Costume.

Worst Dad will probably get out without a scratch.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Recovery Girl takes a long drag off a cigarette. "That Midoriya kid? I am so over him. He can go gently caress up his body however he likes -- I'm through."

Poor Deku. Guy should realize that if he really wants to be a hero, he needs to protect himself and stop burning the candle at both ends. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only one of the top heroes that might die is all might