Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Who was it who said they were barely participating in this SS event?

You should at least get 100 sound crowns or w/e a day because you get 25 star gems and a piece of candy for it in the 4th mission tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

That's amazing

Skwee posted:

Who was it who said they were barely participating in this SS event?

You should at least get 100 sound crowns or w/e a day because you get 25 star gems and a piece of candy for it in the 4th mission tab

Yeah, that was me. I've been getting that daily, it doesn't take much when one 2x top-end Pro play gives me 94.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
crap, i briefly got distracted after hitting score match and then suddenly i am playing a song with the wrong team.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm barely participating too but I can do two master plays for that at least.

Okay in Boston, gonna look for idol merch soon.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
so i have 43 loveca in JPSIF, so I am trying to earn 2 more before i buy 5 to get my Rin pull on, so that I can have more yen left over to put into SS for those daily pulls

might actually try to just earn the remaining 7, but idk if that will be possible with just regen.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Man my pure team is so weak on ENSIF. Literally killing me here for score matches.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

Got the Romantic Now FC on Master for #37! Now to go and grab all the weird 26* songs with one tricky slide section.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I still can't manage to pass Anzu no Uta or M@gic with my life team... Ugh

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Man my pure team is so weak on ENSIF. Literally killing me here for score matches.

Dude, same.

So ab day one haul:

- tiny Nico keychain
- blind bag rubber keychain, Cyber set, result: Maki
- Nozaki blind bag rubber phone charm, result: Hori (DRAWN WHILE I WAS IN HORI COSPLAY)
- small training version Nico fig

No Nanakos, but I saw a couple GF Kari figs.

I'm going back to the dealer room tomorrow.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
oh my god kill me

spend 2x 20 stamina drinks to play a 2x song and then i failed because i chose a team with no healer

also my strongest team on ENSIF is pure, weakest is cool.

im so mad that i did that though. what the hell.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Holy poo poo I got like 4000 event points by doing all three stages in GF! That's insane! Also the sentai song is every bit as amazing as I had hoped it would be.
e: This song!

There was a lot of monochrome on monochrome violence, though :/

Sonata Mused posted:

I still can't manage to pass Anzu no Uta or M@gic with my life team... Ugh

My Tokimeki team can get me past tokimeki escalate like, 50% of the time? Works just fine for M@gic, and Anzu is the scary monster under the bed I don't want to poke at, so there's that.

Tokimeki team works out better than my life team anyway, because five healers still just have their own activation rates and rely on you not getting a string of greats or whatever when they come on.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 26, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i just found out there's more efficient ways to get bond points...

http://kach.olympe.in/llsif/bond.php

The most efficient song is anemone heart on easy.. You get 10.4 bond per LP spend.

im currently doing garasu no hanazono on normal. Can't full combo the hard version, but hard is more efficient

Skwee fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 26, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvIBXWnkcTo

not as successful as my maki pull, but still got to idolize an SR and a few rares.

prob like the worst looking SR rin though

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it really sucks being just under the skill threshold of being able to fc clear any difficulty song because there's no other route for me other than to just ruck up and git gud

this keeps happening in every game I play, why can't i just have that tiny bit more talent to just automatically be in master territory :(

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sometimes I wish I'd kept up with learning the piano when I was growing up because I still have such a larger interest in music than I do in drawn media in terms of art, but nowadays I can hardly even teach myself how to read notes properly.

Any of you 27-29 star FCers have a history of playing instruments? What's your take on this?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

Sometimes I wish I'd kept up with learning the piano when I was growing up because I still have such a larger interest in music than I do in drawn media in terms of art, but nowadays I can hardly even teach myself how to read notes properly.

Any of you 27-29 star FCers have a history of playing instruments? What's your take on this?

My skill at playing the piano exists solely to master rhythm games now.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

Futaba Anzu posted:

I've played piano and violin since I was a kid, I think besides the finger dexterity the main thing it taught me was how to practice effectively. Being able to identify problem sections, work through them, and commit them to muscle memory efficiently is really really really useful for rhythm games.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
How long have you been playing the game?

most difficult i've FC'd is a 24, most difficult i've actually passed is 26, Shooting star miracle which i only did once, and haven't touched since, I got a 69 combo on it haha. (haha cuz it's low, not cuz 69) and Naked Romance, which i got a 268 combo on (Max is 674 lol) but also only did once. probably wouldn't have passed either of them without a healing team. probably most of the lvl 26 star songs i can't do though.

I've only been playing for like 2 months. takes time to improve, but at the beginning i couldn't even do pro songs, now i've FC'd 5 master songs, even though they were easier ones, it is still a big improvement, which took time and lots of playing

also i only play with my index fingers. would probably help a lot if i started using other fingers. It wouldn't help immediately though, it would definitely make me worse, but eventually i think it would make everything easier.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

How long have you been playing the game?

Futaba Anzu posted:

i heard this starlight stage game is the next big innovation in rhythm mobage what's the hella dealio on this anime idol game

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

most difficult i've FC'd is a 24, most difficult i've actually passed is 26, Shooting star miracle which i only did once, and haven't touched since, I got a 69 combo on it haha. (haha cuz it's low, not cuz 69) and Naked Romance, which i got a 268 combo on (Max is 674 lol) but also only did once. probably wouldn't have passed either of them without a healing team. probably most of the lvl 26 star songs i can't do though.

the thing is that i hardly even consider trying for FCs in the first place since although I can clear songs easily, I have like the worst note endurance and always blow it on a random note. Sometimes it's just some massive wave of cognitive dissonance that gets me like "oh I'm about to fc, time to fail because it feels wrong!"

For example, I only have like 7 master songs FCed, of which it took me 60 tries to FC the first easiest song. This is all after I've already S cleared Anzu no Uta, LEGNE, and whatever "hard" songs were around back in those days.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i dunno, if you aren't trying to FC then maybe that's it? but you say you've S cleared some songs that I can't even comprehend being able to even clear once.

the ones that i've full combo'd i just played only that song over and over until i got it down.

also i bought star gems in SS, and did a daily gem pull. I got an SR Yuka Nakano. It says it's a solo version or something (ソロver) but i'm curious what that actually means.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Proof of day one spoils

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yeah motherfucker.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Skwee posted:

i dunno, if you aren't trying to FC then maybe that's it? but you say you've S cleared some songs that I can't even comprehend being able to even clear once.

the ones that i've full combo'd i just played only that song over and over until i got it down.

also i bought star gems in SS, and did a daily gem pull. I got an SR Yuka Nakano. It says it's a solo version or something (ソロver) but i'm curious what that actually means.

Put her as a center in a team. Pick Onegai Cinderella, and tick the "ON" button next to play. Enjoy~

Futaba Anzu posted:

the thing is that i hardly even consider trying for FCs in the first place since although I can clear songs easily, I have like the worst note endurance and always blow it on a random note. Sometimes it's just some massive wave of cognitive dissonance that gets me like "oh I'm about to fc, time to fail because it feels wrong!"

For example, I only have like 7 master songs FCed, of which it took me 60 tries to FC the first easiest song. This is all after I've already S cleared Anzu no Uta, LEGNE, and whatever "hard" songs were around back in those days.

If I so much as think the words "full combo," I will absolutely gently caress up. But since that's super hard to not do, I just try not to worry too much about it, by helpfully loving up right at the start instead. Well, that and I really don't want to so much as play the same song twice in a row, much less enough to properly remember all the tricks and traps.

Also I've not FC'd anything with lots of stars, but I did quit playing viola like a decade ago. I could not say for certain that "playing the weird bits of the song that nobody's listening to" has helped or not, but maybe it did~ Of course, if that helped anything, it sure as hell isn't "moving my thumbs," so…

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

Put her as a center in a team. Pick Onegai Cinderella, and tick the "ON" button next to play. Enjoy~

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
well that's super cool

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

graybook posted:

Proof of day one spoils

Omg I need to get my friend to go tomorrow.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
haha yeah i saw that on pixiv a few days ago. idk what it says, but i find pretty much any sachiko stuff to be hilarious because of how she always says kawaii and you can totally tell she is talking about herself

it's also referencing her appearance in granblue fantasy i think

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Please do not rewrap your presents because you think they are annoying.

Especially don't do that if the box doesn't have airholes c'mon

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

Please do not rewrap your presents because you think they are annoying.

Especially don't do that if the box doesn't have airholes c'mon

the comic of sachikp dying in a box

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Number 2 guy gave a disappointing performance.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I somehow made it through all of the Cinderella Girl Theater skits that are out right now.

Oof, there are a lot. Some of the girls don't show up very often.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I've barely seen any Kawaii Boku merch. Maybe in the artist's alley.

But tomorrow I sing Symphogear songs on karaoke.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

LINE is great because I can spam anime stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

I had this weird stretch a few events back where I managed to finish all of my leftover pro songs and got a new master FC every day for a week. Since then I've started to suck at combos again. No idea what that was about.