Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Dac is my favorite minor character from Star War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
even the world's most skillful presenter could not spin "this week all that happened is we raised a bunch of ship prices" into an hour of positive dialog

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Ash1138 posted:

Dac is my favorite minor character from Star War

Did you know that Grandmaester Pycelle is the AT-AT commander in that scene? MAKES U THINK

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

This dude again :D

ideate
Aug 20, 2002
wait someone posted this already and I missed it right

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ideate posted:

oh my god lmao

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
TBF you could say the station's rotating rings are for special cargo that has molecular properties that would make it dangerous to store in areas with artificial gravity due to the way the artificial gravity is generated. But ultimately I think they just designed something they thought looked cool without putting too much thought into being internally consistent.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ideate posted:

I think it makes it funnier how unsurprising this is.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ideate posted:

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH Crease for crease, it's a loving photoshop.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ideate posted:

Lots of old movie props sitting around in dumpsters in Santa Monica, one would assume…

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'm imagining some guy sat at his desk trying to get his work done

guy1: hey bob.....pssst hey bob

bob: what? why are you hiding behind that plant?

guy1: nothing no reason uhh hey uhmmm you heard about that thing? You know about uhhh sandi? the thing?

bob: nah what thing? and why are you whispering?

guy1: well I heard that sandi has exactly $10,000 dollars hidden in the dumpster round the block, the green dumpster with the yellow stripe, across from the delhi

bob: That's terribly specific why are you acting so strange and telling me very specific info? Do you think i'm a mole?

guy1: uhhhh gotta go.....

Yes, precisely what I'm hinting at and based on what I've heard in the past few days. Which goes hand in hand with the revelations by that JohnP0100 guy on mmorpg with his tce copy pasta

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

poo poo, where's the original image from? I'm pretty sure that's misuse of IP.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
2.3.0e on PTU

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4bzfvr/230e_on_ptu/

quote:

Important Callouts:
PTU players in this initial test will have access to the Khartu-al in AC and Crusader, and the Starfarer (if you have the Revel & York hangar on your account).
Players on the PTU who both have the Revel & York Hangar and do not have the Starfarer will find themselves directed into the Revel & York Hangar.
Regardless of hangar selected on the website.
The Holotable is not currently allowing players to save loadouts, or for those loadouts to carry over into Arena Commander.
Stalker S5 missiles only have a range of 30m.

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:
Fixed an issue where the Pirate AI spawned in Crusader would not engage the player or only engage at very close range.
Fixed an issue where the remains of ships destroyed in Crusader were not being removed after a player respawned or summoned a new ship.

Ships:
Fixed an issue where the Khartu-al may spawn on its side in the Hangar.
Fixed an issue where the pilot hand position would be lower than controls when re-entering the Khartu-al.
Tuned the take-off and landing turbulence for the Khartu-al.
Fixed an issue where the Khartu-al guns would shoot up instead of straight.

Technical:
Fixed several client crashes.
Fixed several server crashes.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Xaerael posted:

poo poo, where's the original image from? I'm pretty sure that's misuse of IP.

It's from the movie "Stealth"

remember that thing? hahahaha

some guy on reddit actually pointed it out here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4bz07j/thank_you_cig_for_an_amazing_tour_best_space_sim/d1dnu40

good work commando

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

ideate posted:

jesus christtttt are you for real? they stole from STEALTH? one of the shittiest movies of all time? LMAO

oh my godddd

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Toe to tip, that is a Sandi

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Goobs posted:

jesus christtttt are you for real? they stole from STEALTH? one of the shittiest movies of all time? LMAO

oh my godddd

dreams happen now

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
welp we'll never see that cut-out again.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

ideate posted:

Hahaha, oh my.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ideate posted:

Between this and that admiral bishop youtube doubler I am beginning to think these people struggle with original ideas hmmmm

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ideate posted:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I am dying

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

dead. i THOUGHT the hand looked weird with the helmet, didnt look like it was supposed to be holding a helmet.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

I'm a musician, been keeping up with all audio advancements, you're wrong. Onboard is poo poo and sounds like garbage compared to even a cheapish dedicated card. The onboard in my pretty decent rig sounds like utter trash compared to my £50 card.

That's why decent Headsets (eg, the hyperx cloud 2s) now frequently come with an additional USB soundcard dongle, because you literally can't benefit from a good headset without a decent dedicated amp to drive it.

You're a musician. I'm a game dev. Completely different perspectives.

And of course, as a musician, I would definitely expect you to take the "on-board audio is poo poo" stance.

Again, your perspective is completely and utterly flawed.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/sound-cards-do-they-really-enhance-pc-gaming/

http://www.techspot.com/article/751-should-you-buy-a-sound-card/

http://www.avadirect.com/blog/do-your-custom-pc-need-a-discrete-audio-card/

quote:

Audiophiles may argue that some sound cards are a must-have and that onboard sound cards are no good. If you identify yourself as such, then take that advice and go with the dedicated sound card that is highly recommended.

http://techreport.com/news/28065/do-i-still-need-a-sound-card-in-my-pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBvvlebSmw

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

ideate posted:

It's from the movie "Stealth"

remember that thing? hahahaha

some guy on reddit actually pointed it out here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4bz07j/thank_you_cig_for_an_amazing_tour_best_space_sim/d1dnu40

good work commando

Yeah, I found it.

Fun facts time

Stealth is better than Wing commander: the movie (Tomatometer ratings: Stealth 13% WC:TM 10%)
Stealth made a profit on it's opening weekend in the box office, WC:TM did not.
WC:TM barely made more money overall in the box office than Stealth (Bare in mind that people were going to WC:TM to see the Star Wars ep 1 trailer, then leaving, while people went to Stealth showing to watch... Stealth)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Don't die dancing cat — it's bad for your health! :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Unbelievable. bwahahaha

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

Yeah, I found it.

Fun facts time

Stealth is better than Wing commander: the movie (Tomatometer ratings: Stealth 13% WC:TM 10%)
WC:TM barely made more money overall in the box office than Stealth (Bare in mind that people were going to WC:TM to see the Star Wars ep 1 trailer, then leaving, while people went to Stealth showing to watch... Stealth)

So CIG is trying to piggyback off the popularity of a more successful franchise.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcinus posted:

gently caress sound cards, buy a decent DAC and use optical out from your onboard to hook it up.
Cheap dedicated external DAC is still better than a mid-end sound card (if there are any still out there) in most cases.

Yeah, Filo and AudioEngine make good ones.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Xaerael posted:

Yeah, I found it.

Fun facts time

"render"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

Don't die dancing cat — it's bad for your health! :(

The power of laughter keeps me safe

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ideate posted:

"render"

God DAMMIT Ryan, you had one job, one loving job

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ideate posted:

Holy lol

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

God DAMMIT Ryan, you had one job, one loving job

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15246-Note-From-The-Chairman

"I mention that connection because I believe it’s a key element of crowd funding: supporting good people. I can tell you from many years of experience that David (and Ryan) will go above and beyond to make their dream a reality, and that they’re true artists: interested in creating something new that others will enjoy."

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

G0RF posted:

Expanded to include additional public record claims, statements and implied truths.

She forgot to include running a nightclub when she was a teenage girl in between sleepovers and her geometry homework (yes she claimed that too)

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Yeah I predict no problems with VR support in a ramming sim

Replace your mouse with a treadmill and I don't see a problem. You aren't a dirty LEAVER are you?

D_Smart posted:

No I didn't. Wait.

Is this poo poo in addition to 8Ace's three high profile leavers?

titaniumone posted:

if you can't talk about it then don't loving post about it at all

your "I know something you don't know" posts are useless garbage

True unless they can be used as evidence in some way.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

ideate posted:

I've been away, and I come back to this. Its a good day.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
OK we've watched about a billion man hours of films on this forum, what is Chris's uniform stolen from, because if they did that for Sandi no way did they create his from scratch

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Am I asleep? I need to know if this is some sort of cough medicine related fever dream? Are there sure-fire ways to check? I don't want to wake up and be sad that improved Sandi wasn't just a photoshop of Sandi's huge head on the body of Jessica Biel from SteahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

(e.fixed, this thread is keeping me awake at 3am, gently caress you CIG for never failing to fail.)

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 26, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

FrankieGoes posted:

Even though I really do love Uncle Derek, I knew his "They've only got three months left" predictions last year were bullshit. It's quite possible he was technically correct, in that at the time they only had 3 or 4 months worth of cash on hand at the time, but you knew that the big sales season was coming, and you knew part of the reason the August and September totals were so low, was because people were saving their money to see which limited/rare/LTI/whatever ships would come back on the market. And then in Oct/Nov/Dec they killed it, doing nearly 5m per month or so average.

Wrong.

This is how analysts work. You make predictions/analysis based on information at hand, and forecast trends.

At the time, with the cash they were rumored to have, I put that at three months.

At the time, even though I predicted - and posted about it - I had no idea that they would be dumb enough to release 2.0 in the condition that they did in order to max sales over the Q4 (their best time of the year btw) period.

Then they did.

And from the money they raised, last I checked, it bought them like maybe two months of funding. Tops.

Which is why I continue to maintain that they ARE low on funds, rely on the on-going funding in order to keep funding this dream; and that they are already in crisis mode.

I am sticking to my story because I know with 100% certainty, that I'm right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
One of my coworkers pre-ordered a Rift and plays Elite so in a few days when it arrives basically our entire I.T. shop plans to head to his house to check it out.

• Locked thread