Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Not even kidding. I got to the point in the beginning where the "black haired boy" and "blonde haired girl" started speaking and I switched off and uninstalled it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

darth cookie posted:

I couldn't last through the voices. :rip: $30

oh I guess I should have refreshed the page when I found my vita's battery had died

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

darth cookie posted:

Turn your sound on.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

also have you considered this handy feature I like to call "the volume down button"

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

also have you considered this handy feature I like to call "the volume down button"

you don't even need to do that, you can turn off the va separately

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

you don't even need to do that, you can turn off the va separately

I might redownload it and try again.

I think I did the same thing for Persona 4 but I forgot. Its been ages since I played that.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 26, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

darth cookie posted:

Not even kidding. I got to the point in the beginning where the "black haired boy" and "blonde haired girl" started speaking and I switched off and uninstalled it.

This might be the single dumbest post I've ever read in 12 years on the Games subforum, congratulations I guess.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

This might be the single dumbest post I've ever read in 12 years on the Games subforum, congratulations I guess.

Ok then well allow me to double down and remind everyone that I'm the one who paid for the Japanese language DLC for Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i hope your wife posts better than you do

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

She doesn't like SA but I'll get her to read up to this point and then add her comments.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

darth cookie posted:

Ok then well allow me to double down and remind everyone that I'm the one who paid for the Japanese language DLC for Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Who's your favorite voice actor

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i haven't played cold steel yet but based off of trails in the sky being amazing i'm going to assume this man is insane

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

darth cookie posted:

I preordered Drakengard 3 just so I could get the Japanese language option. Then it was broken in the EU version and didn't get fixed for about four months.
Even so if a dub only is the only way we get games like that I don't really care, and throwing a hissy fit over it is loving dumb.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i haven't played cold steel yet but based off of trails in the sky being amazing i'm going to assume this man is insane

The dub is fine and I hate dubs

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

OK she's read up to here:

Sakurazuka posted:

The dub is fine and I hate dubs

Her opinion is that she hates the "crappy American voice actors they get for Japanese games and that the bad guys sound better when they have the Machiavellian over the top bad guy voices in Japanese."

She's also pissed that I paid $30 bucks for a game that didn't have Japanese as a language option.

edit:

She's played the first Trails in the Sky game to completion and switched the English off as well, for reference. She says that they seem to use the same 6-8 guys for English voices and she doesn't like any of them.

Edit 2:

tl;dr she prefers Japanese voices in Japanese games and English voices in English games.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 26, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sever

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

voice actors featured in english games such as troy baker and laura bailey

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember when they removed the Japanese language option from the EU version of Castlevania LoI because they needed an option for EFIGS subtitles and couldn't be bothered adding a third option to the sound menu.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I 'unno. Take a look at her Vita Library:

I think I'll have to put it to a vote. Vita thread, based on that image alone, should I divorce my wife based on her game choices?

Important other point:

She beat Persona 3 on PSP with all S-Links maxed out, but she couldn't get into Persona 4 because Teddy put her off.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 26, 2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

darth cookie posted:

Her opinion is that she hates the "crappy American voice actors they get for Japanese games and that the bad guys sound better when they have the Machiavellian over the top bad guy voices in Japanese."

honestly its only natural to prefer norio wakamoto to whatever the other option is

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

darth cookie posted:

Midjack posted:

hosed up if true

edit:

darth cookie posted:

I think I'll have to put it to a vote. Vita thread, based on that image alone, should I divorce my wife based on her game choices?

no, she should divorce you because of your awful opinions

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if the implication here is that you would also refuse to play something like tales of the abyss because of its dub then i'm afraid there is nothing more i can say other than you are wrong

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*platinums Criminal Girls* it's cool it has the Japanese voices which is all I care about

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Stanos posted:

I wonder if they actually did anything with Uppers or just decided to cut their losses and push it out.

If the game was having low preorders, I doubt Marvelous was eager to shell out more money on the game but who knows, it might happen

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

*platinums Criminal Girls* it's cool it has the Japanese voices which is all I care about
please stop, my brain can only take so much busting, even hypothetically :psyboom:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh God I forgot about that.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
People's opinions differ on what is bad voice acting, but lol if you prefer no game to bad acting

My worst case scenario though is when I hate half the cast in both audio tracks

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'd disagree. Let them be with each other instead of splitting them up and filling two other unfortunate people's homes with the sounds of squeaky Japanese voice acting.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Restarted with the VA off. So far the combat is kinda interesting and the starting town is nice looking.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This entire page is pissing me off

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

this posting is makin me thirsty

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
im mostly just baffled you didnt think to turn the voices off

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

im mostly just baffled you didnt think to turn the voices off

I've decided the grey haired chick who DGAF is the best so far.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

She's cool

Laura's cooler tho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
http://i.imgur.com/6GQmm15.webm

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

darth cookie posted:

Important other point:

She beat Persona 3 on PSP with all S-Links maxed out, but she couldn't get into Persona 4 because Teddy put her off.

Is that a pair of boobs or a butt I can't tell

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Renoistic posted:

Life, not hometown.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

darth cookie posted:

Important other point:

Vita.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Renoistic posted:

Butts are just leg boobs.