Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tao of lmao posted:

Would someone with an Observer sub tell me the snowflakes for Summerslam '94?

Watching this on the network now, and going from the awesome Bret and Owen cage match to this horrible Taker vs Taker match. Why they put this match on last I have no idea.

Alternately to the above link, https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What ended up happening with the WWE doctor vs Cabana/Punk lawsuit? Is it still going? Has it been thrown out of court? Is/Has someone paying/paid damages or whatever?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

BrigadierSensible posted:

What ended up happening with the WWE doctor vs Cabana/Punk lawsuit? Is it still going? Has it been thrown out of court? Is/Has someone paying/paid damages or whatever?

Punk and Cabana's lawyers filed a motion to dismiss, which was denied sometime late last year.

That doesn't actually mean that much, in that to pass that hurdle, all you need to show is that, if you pretended that everything the WWE doctor said in his complaint was true, that he would have a valid reason to sue CM Punk. It's slightly more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

What that means, and I just did check the electronic docket for the case, is that the case is currently in discovery, where it's going to be for many, many months.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

CM Punk, not DAFT Punk

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Another legal question: Given Terry "my penis is smaller than Hulk Hogan's" Bollea won his court case and was vindicated, are there any plans to get him back in the WWE fold.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Another legal question: Given Terry "my penis is smaller than Hulk Hogan's" Bollea won his court case and was vindicated, are there any plans to get him back in the WWE fold.
hulk's excommunication had nothing to do with the sex tape or the lawsuit he was excommunicated for saying a bunch of racist stuff on a totally different tape

to answer your question, some time last year hhh said hogan could return to wwe some day if its what the fans wanted

oatgan fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 24, 2016

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
What was the reaction to Shawn winning the title in his second match back in 2002? Was he well enough liked that people felt it was deserved or was there resentment? The match at Summerslam was amazing so I can't imagine much resistance.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

oatgan posted:

hulk's excommunication had nothing to do with the sex tape or the lawsuit he was excommunicated for saying a bunch of racist stuff on a totally different tape

to answer your question, some time last year hhh said hogan could return to wwe some day if its what the fans wanted

I thought the racist comments were on the same tape, but not during the sex acts. Like, way earlier or later in the recording, so it was easy to skip over.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

rotinaj posted:

I thought the racist comments were on the same tape, but not during the sex acts. Like, way earlier or later in the recording, so it was easy to skip over.

There was a different recording where he was talking to his son in prison and he said he didn't want to be reincarnated as a black person. (Sorry for the tabloid site. Couldn't find it on youtube, only here after a cursory search.)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That tape gave us the phrase "the blizz pizz" so I forgive him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

hulk hogan has given me hours of entertainment with his racist antics and i hope he never, ever comes back but i'm not naive enough to believe that they won't once this dies down

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Lady posted:

There was a different recording where he was talking to his son in prison and he said he didn't want to be reincarnated as a black person. (Sorry for the tabloid site. Couldn't find it on youtube, only here after a cursory search.)

Didn't he say racist as poo poo stuff on the sex tape about Brookes black boyfriend that literally involved him saying "yeah I'm a racist. loving niggers"?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Aesop Poprock posted:

Didn't he say racist as poo poo stuff on the sex tape about Brookes black boyfriend that literally involved him saying "yeah I'm a racist. loving niggers"?

Wow, try not putting words into the Hulkster's mouth. Actually it was 'I guess EVERYONE is a little bit racist, loving niggers.' A stunning critique on modern society, and no admission of particular racism on his part.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Wow, try not putting words into the Hulkster's mouth. Actually it was 'I guess EVERYONE is a little bit racist, loving niggers.' A stunning critique on modern society, and no admission of particular racism on his part.

HH is an Avenue Q fan.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yes, I'm just saying there's multiple pieces of evidence that point to Hogan being a racist gently caress.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yeah a 115 million pieces

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I couldn't help but be bitter at a group of people who called me Wood all the time.

Has there ever been any insight, answers from a shoot interview, or anything indicating why Horace Hogan called himself Horace? He even went by Horace Boulder for awhile. His name is Michael. Who thought that was a better idea than Mike Hogan?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rotinaj posted:

There are three hulk hogan sex tapes in existence. If gawker had the one with the racism we would have heard about it in 2012

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

Halloween Jack posted:

Has there ever been any insight, answers from a shoot interview, or anything indicating why Horace Hogan called himself Horace? He even went by Horace Boulder for awhile. His name is Michael. Who thought that was a better idea than Mike Hogan?

then he too could sign tweets HH

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I couldn't help but be bitter at a group of people who called me Wood all the time.

He chose Horace because Harold wasn't tough enough, Hubert wasn't cool enough, and Hornswaggle was already taken.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Halloween Jack posted:

It's better than loving Dizzy.
Dizzy Hogan.
A man wrestled under that name.
Horace is no way the worst named member of the Boulder/Hogan kayfabe clan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Mike Hogan sounds horrible and generic. Horace Hogan at least has a bit of alliteration going on.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Should've just called himself Hogan Jr. The kids at school could've called him HoJu.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hank Hogan

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Huckleberry Hogan

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Gavok posted:

Should've just called himself Hogan Jr. The kids at school could've called him HoJu.

Well done. :golfclap:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hulk has been doing press this week about how the court case shows he was completely innocent and not racist (despite you know it having nothing to do with racism) and he's now intending to go to the Hall Of Fame.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

magnum_valentino posted:

What was the reaction to Shawn winning the title in his second match back in 2002? Was he well enough liked that people felt it was deserved or was there resentment? The match at Summerslam was amazing so I can't imagine much resistance.

From wrestlers or fans?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can't imagine there'd be any resentment on either side

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, it was really clear by that point that, 5 years out or not, he was still Shawn Michaels.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Can't imagine there'd be any resentment on either side

Shawn was still a shithead in 2002 so I'd imagine there was some.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I love Dean Ambrose super bad, but my only exposure to him has been through promos since I never watch wrestling anymore. What are the best Ambrose matches? I assume his psychology is top notch, but how about technical ability?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
His match against HHH at Roadblock a little while back was real drat good imo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Honestly I can't see Hogan coming back for years still, if ever. He's still years away from a good portion of the audience, particularly in the minority demographics WWE really wants, not booing the poo poo out of him as loudly as they fuckin can to ruin any segment he's in. People have drowned Roman in boos for 2 years for less

And honestly I say "if ever" because I can see Hogan finding a way to kill himself with his newfound piles of cash in the next few years.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Hulk has been doing press this week about how the court case shows he was completely innocent and not racist (despite you know it having nothing to do with racism) and he's now intending to go to the Hall Of Fame.

Until now, I thought the Ted Cruz Sex Scandal was the Thing I Needed to Happen More Than Anything. Now, I need Hogan to be barred by a security guard after he sees the "do not admit" poster with three Hogan pictures, one of them from a video game, and a Shirtless and Coifed Big Poppa Pump walks past him with ladies on each arm

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Dean Ambrose made me not want to watch his matches any more, because he has to do that loving "rebound off the middle rope into a jumping lariat" move ten times.

First time he can usually make it look ok, but it looks more and more forced especially because he tends to not hit the ropes cleanly or with enough force.

I know complaining about repetition in WWE matches is a bit stupid, but that particular move just pisses me off.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
How do you watch any matches at all?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

astrollinthepork posted:

I love Dean Ambrose super bad, but my only exposure to him has been through promos since I never watch wrestling anymore. What are the best Ambrose matches? I assume his psychology is top notch, but how about technical ability?

As far as singles matches go, the Triple H match mentioned above is probably his best one. His Lumberjack match against Seth at Summerslam 2014 was also really good for a match type that usually isn't all that good. Most of his best matches were as part of The Shield, Dean has suffered from bad booking for most of his singles run. He's the weakest of the three Shield members in the ring, but he can put on good matches with the right opponents.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ThePariah posted:

As far as singles matches go, the Triple H match mentioned above is probably his best one. His Lumberjack match against Seth at Summerslam 2014 was also really good for a match type that usually isn't all that good. Most of his best matches were as part of The Shield, Dean has suffered from bad booking for most of his singles run. He's the weakest of the three Shield members in the ring, but he can put on good matches with the right opponents.

Until about a year or so ago he was much better than Roman, who if nothing else has improved immensely to the point that he can main event and not be the luggage in a tag team match.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like Dean better than Seth in the ring. For all the hate the rebound clothesline gets, he generally does far less stuff to piss me off in-ring than Seth does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The Dean/Seth ladder match at MitB 2015 is also a great match (if a little long).