Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so what was lex's plan after doomsday killed all the heroes it's a nearly unstoppable rage monster. wouldn't it have made more sense for him to recreate zod into bizarro and use that to frame superman for poo poo and then he'd have something under his control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i heard warner bros paid some company to make thousands of fake imdb accounts with hudnreds of fake reviews to get its score up

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

so what was lex's plan after doomsday killed all the heroes it's a nearly unstoppable rage monster. wouldn't it have made more sense for him to recreate zod into bizarro and use that to frame superman for poo poo and then he'd have something under his control.

Speaking of, why did Lex blow up Capitol Hill? The lady senator posed no threat and he didn't even try to frame Superman for it like I thought he would. What was the point?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Do it ironically posted:

i heard warner bros paid some company to make thousands of fake imdb accounts with hudnreds of fake reviews to get its score up

I could believe it because it feels impossible that so many people would enjoy this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doflamingo posted:

Speaking of, why did Lex blow up Capitol Hill? The lady senator posed no threat and he didn't even try to frame Superman for it like I thought he would. What was the point?

I think lex is just crazy and got hella butthurt

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he makes bizarro, frames supes, batman gets pissed and goes after superguy, then they fight but they realize it was all a misunderstanding and lex and bizarro are the threat and they go after them. maybe even get bizarro to look into his heart and turn good so it's not all about killing bad peeps. it's so simple.

i'm sure this happened in a comic book at some point.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i did like when lex was sassing the senator all 'ohhh youre gonna be on the hot seat june bug'

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i did like when lex was sassing the senator all 'ohhh youre gonna be on the hot seat june bug'

Yes this Lex was a real sassy molassy

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Dingdingdingdingdiongding do you like me better than the joker yet???

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The way these modern superhero movies are all 3-hour bleak epics with ridiculous plots yet demand to be taken totally seriously is extremely lol. Tim Burton's Batman looks more and more like a masterpiece every day.

F2B
Feb 13, 2003

gender illusionist posted:

http://gu.com/p/4hpnk/sbl

A funny guardian article ripping the movie, but the best bit is the comments.

i laughed my rear end off. dripping with sarcasm and whatnot

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The way these modern superhero movies are all 3-hour bleak epics with ridiculous plots yet demand to be taken totally seriously is extremely lol. Tim Burton's Batman looks more and more like a masterpiece every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83jMJaLcSA4

better be sure

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Doflamingo posted:

kid Bruce flying up into the sky in a loving Batnado

Wait. Is this really a thing that happens?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Frankenstyle posted:

The answer is:
Yes.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Frankenstyle posted:

in like a dream, one of very many, each more ridiculous than the previous. the batnado was by far the least weird and useless

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The prime mover in this movie is a jar of piss, if that gives you any indication.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Wow.

I've heard more than once that Snyder keeps getting work mostly because he hits his deadlines and never goes over budget, but how can he turn that into a career weighed against the mountain of garbage he's piled up?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Why do we get all these bullshit superhero films and not ones for the awesome characters like The Tick? He's nigh invulnerable.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Snyder is beloved by a lot of contrarian film nerds because they get to say "he obviously doesn't mean that you simpletons, look at this convoluted subtext for which I will now write 10,000 words that nobody will read" except that with every movie it becomes increasingly apparent that no, he really does believe in all that poo poo at face value and badly needs an editor or anybody to tell him "please just stop"

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

all things in the world being equal ill always give snyder credit for watchmen. not that it was a great flick mind you but by god he filmed it and it wasnt a disaster

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Are they still giving Zack Snyder directorial duties on the JL films given how badly reviewed this one & MoS was? Because lol

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

88h88 posted:

Why do we get all these bullshit superhero films and not ones for the awesome characters like The Tick? He's nigh invulnerable.

Well, if it's any consolation, there's a new Tick series coming as part of Amazon's streaming service. They unfortunately replaced Patrick Warburton, but we're getting Peter Serafinowicz as the Tick, now.

exquisite tea posted:

Snyder is beloved by a lot of contrarian film nerds because they get to say "he obviously doesn't mean that you simpletons, look at this convoluted subtext for which I will now write 10,000 words that nobody will read" except that with every movie it becomes increasingly apparent that no, he really does believe in all that poo poo at face value and badly needs an editor or anybody to tell him "please just stop"

I too remember SMG's review of Sucker Punch based off a single viewing of the trailer.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

So basically CineD

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There's a reason why the Sucker Punch thread lasted two years, and it's not because anybody else on earth remembered that movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Serious question:

Did this loving movie have a death of bruce wayne's parents scene, just in case no one has ever heard of Batman before?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Young Freud posted:

Sucker Punch

That movie is a crime against humanity just for using those unforgivable garbage covers of Pixies and Iggy Pop.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Every time I see a defense of sucker punch it's like it radiates invisible shame waves into me.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Serious question:

Did this loving movie have a death of bruce wayne's parents scene, just in case no one has ever heard of Batman before?

very first scene in the movie

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

There's a reason why the Sucker Punch thread lasted two years, and it's not because anybody else on earth remembered that movie.

Good, but will never top Prometheus for all time most embarrassing cined thread.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Serious question:

Zack Synder really wanted some pearls to explode in slow motion bro

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Marketing New Brain posted:

Good, but will never top Prometheus for all time most embarrassing cined thread.

star wars prequel thread

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

At this point I think the American public is more aware of the particulars of Batman's origin than the algebraic order of operations, the basic three-branch structure of the US government, or heliocentrism.

Unless you're going to do something particularly clever with it (which IMO turning the Krypton stuff into a big sweeping planetary romance vignette in MoS did pretty well), we don't need to see Peter Parker get bit by the drat spider, Batman's parents die, or Clark's kindly adoptive parents happen on his crashed rocket ship anymore.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

EorayMel posted:

very first scene in the movie

LMAO

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Zack Synder really wanted some pearls to explode in slow motion bro

lol

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Honestly that was one of the better executed scenes in the entire film. Beautifully shot and succinct.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
another serious question from someone who isn't gonna watch it: in very simple terms, why does lex have a jar of piss?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Otisburg posted:

At this point I think the American public is more aware of the particulars of Batman's origin than the algebraic order of operations, the basic three-branch structure of the US government, or heliocentrism.

Unless you're going to do something particularly clever with it (which IMO turning the Krypton stuff into a big sweeping planetary romance vignette in MoS did pretty well), we don't need to see Peter Parker get bit by the drat spider, Batman's parents die, or Clark's kindly adoptive parents happen on his crashed rocket ship anymore.

I will honestly be thrilled if Civil War and subsequent movies never mention Uncle goddamn Ben. Batman, Superman, and Spiderman have origin stories more well known than the birth of Jesus.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Batman, Superman, and Spiderman have origin stories more well known than the birth of Jesus.

Don't you love America?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Doflamingo posted:

Honestly that was one of the better executed scenes in the entire film. Beautifully shot and succinct.

Zack Snyder should have stuck to music videos. His creativity exists only in small 3-4 minute bits. Like, if you take the opening to Watchmen, the opening to BvS, and a few clips from 300 he would probably seem like a stylistic genius.

The problem is those brief glimmers are buried under 2 hours of just total poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the problem is the kents' (attempted) murder is already in watchmen. so he already did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I really hope the next JL movie is just Lawrence Fishburn and Jeremy Irons improvising reactions to superheros that are always offscreen somehow.

Also :laffo: at the ridiculously aggressive astroturfing going on to try and salvage this turd.

• Locked thread