Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Barry Convex posted:

So... did anyone actually come away from the SHIELD backdoor pilot last night hoping that Marvel's Most Wanted gets a series order? I like Palicki and Blood, but I found that it completely failed to justify the spinoff's existence on a creative level; it really just seems to be a slightly different flavor of the parent series with a smaller team.
That was a backdoor pilot? :stare:

The whole thing seemed odd and I was disappointed because they're probably my two favourite characters on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

So it turns out the Captain Britain thing is just some delusional "producer" who thinks Marvel/Disney will just accept unsolicited pitches for a series like they don't have every project they are doing meticulously planned and laid out for the next 20 years.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Would Britain be tied up rightswise with Fox? I thought he was a mutant.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know if he was a mutant at some point or alternate universe, but Brian Braddock has some kinda magic super suit made of the spirit of Britain itself or something.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kingtheninja posted:

Would Britain be tied up rightswise with Fox? I thought he was a mutant.

No apparently he's all Marvel (at least that's what someone earlier in the thread said) even if his sister's a mutant

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

so I think Daredevil Season 2 almost completely shits the bed in the last episode but the first 12 are drat great.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Captain Britain is not a mutant.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Dacap posted:

So it turns out the Captain Britain thing is just some delusional "producer" who thinks Marvel/Disney will just accept unsolicited pitches for a series like they don't have every project they are doing meticulously planned and laid out for the next 20 years.

No kidding. Who thought Disney was going to announce a new major project with nothing more than a crappy twitter post from a non-official source?

Supergirl was alright this week, as was Flash. Both pretty par for the course, but Arrow was terrible. Arrow is especially bad mostly because of Daredevil. They hit on a lot of the same concepts in general but Arrow is just so goddamned bad in comparison that it is almost embarrassing. And no, I am not talking about violence and gore. Just pure production quality and writing. DD really highlights how far Arrow has fallen, and for me, really tests my suspension of disbelief when watching Arrow now, which is funny given how much DD stretches that already.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

No apparently he's all Marvel (at least that's what someone earlier in the thread said) even if his sister's a mutant

I noticed that Psylock's telepathy is not mentioned in the Apocalypse trailer, so maybe they said "okay, you can have pre asian Psylock, and she can be a telepath, but no psi constructs".

Though as was said, probably some producer pitching an idea randomly because they are unaware how controlled Marvels productions are.

I tried to watch arrow, but I cannot bring myself to do it. It just doesn't have anything compelling going on. I don't care who's in the grave, and I'm so sick of really, really dumb relationship drama.

After finishing DD Season 2, it makes me want to play the Punisher Game from the 2000s with Thomas Jane.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

I noticed that Psylock's telepathy is not mentioned in the Apocalypse trailer, so maybe they said "okay, you can have pre asian Psylock, and she can be a telepath, but no psi constructs".

Though as was said, probably some producer pitching an idea randomly because they are unaware how controlled Marvels productions are.

I tried to watch arrow, but I cannot bring myself to do it. It just doesn't have anything compelling going on. I don't care who's in the grave, and I'm so sick of really, really dumb relationship drama.

After finishing DD Season 2, it makes me want to play the Punisher Game from the 2000s with Thomas Jane.

I'm confused why you think they'd want pre-asian Psylock over Olivia Munn in a bathing suit with a laser sword?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

I'm confused why you think they'd want pre-asian Psylock over Olivia Munn in a bathing suit with a laser sword?

Because they can have Captain Britain's supermodel telepathic sister, and not have to explain why Brian has a Japanese sister.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

Because they can have Captain Britain's supermodel telepathic sister, and not have to explain why Brian has a Japanese sister.

Oh, I was confused, I thought you were saying Fox wanted early Psylock.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Arrow has some bad bookends this week but had nothing on the wall to wall nonsensical terribleness of Flash.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, Supergirl isn't on CBS' list of renewals.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Welp, Supergirl isn't on CBS' list of renewals.

None of their new shows for this season are. Doesn't mean anything yet.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I'm pretty sure it's been renewed; I just saw a blurb somewhere about Lynda Carter being cast for something in season 2.

E: Here you go:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/cbss-supergirl-renewed-season-2

Apparently they're renewing all 5 new series from this season.

And the Lynda Carter thing:

http://www.themarysue.com/lynda-carter-supergirl/

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 26, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Mentalizer posted:

I'm pretty sure it's been renewed; I just saw a blurb somewhere about Lynda Carter being cast for something in season 2.

E: here you go

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/cbss-supergirl-renewed-season-2

Apparently they're renewing all 5 new series from this season.

That's not an actual confirmation. They still have yet to announce anything regarding their new shows.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

X-O posted:

That's not an actual confirmation. They still have yet to announce anything regarding their new shows.

This

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Fair enough. I'd be surprised if they go back on it after Les has already announced it though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Oh, I was confused, I thought you were saying Fox wanted early Psylock.

NO worries, it's to do with Pyslock's history, and that's always going to be confusing. Though a Captain Britain Netflix show would be a departure from the grim and depressing shows. Well, kinda, not that Brian hasn't been put through hell, but you don't get written by the guys who've written him in Marvel UK.

If I was the person who chose projects for Netflix, I'd go with a Moon Knight, a Ms Marvel to appeal to a different demographic, and an Elsa Bloodstone or Blade one.

Glad Supergirl has been renewed.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Blade definitely seems like a perfect fit for Netflix, and it would be pretty cool if they set up Morbias on there as well. Is Ghost Rider back at Marvel/Disney?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

twistedmentat posted:

NO worries, it's to do with Pyslock's history, and that's always going to be confusing. Though a Captain Britain Netflix show would be a departure from the grim and depressing shows. Well, kinda, not that Brian hasn't been put through hell, but you don't get written by the guys who've written him in Marvel UK.

If I was the person who chose projects for Netflix, I'd go with a Moon Knight, a Ms Marvel to appeal to a different demographic, and an Elsa Bloodstone or Blade one.

A Moon Knight, Punisher (after DD), Hawkeye, Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, and a Heroes for Hire could all work as a TV show.

I've always thought Spider-Man would work best as a TV series too. His Villians just fit that mold better and his story is more soap opera. Sadly he makes too much money as a movie.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

A Moon Knight, Punisher (after DD), Hawkeye, Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, and a Heroes for Hire could all work as a TV show.

I've always thought Spider-Man would work best as a TV series too. His Villians just fit that mold better and his story is more soap opera. Sadly he makes too much money as a movie.

Maybe in ten years when the CG required would be cheap enough for a series.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

There's no way to do Ms Marvel justice with a TV budget and timeline.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

ToastyPotato posted:

Is Ghost Rider back at Marvel/Disney?

From what I can remember, and searching articles currently, Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider all reverted back to Marvel for film/tv rights at around the same time in 2013.

And ever since I heard GR/Blade rights were back my honest first though was I'd somehow really love to see a film/tv team-up where it's still Snipes and Cage. Call me crazy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Longbaugh01 posted:

From what I can remember, and searching articles currently, Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider all reverted back to Marvel for film/tv rights at around the same time in 2013.

And ever since I heard GR/Blade rights were back my honest first though was I'd somehow really love to see a film/tv team-up where it's still Snipes and Cage. Call me crazy.

Crazy like a fox.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
If we get a Hawkeye series I want it to be a sitcom where he lives on the farm with his family. Each week the kids get into dramas and they all learn a lesson at the end. Perhaps he fires an arrow to hang up some clothes and gives a knowing wink to the camera. Maybe Captain America comes around and they play poker together?

Think Home Improvement/Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter/Last Man Standing.

Surely it'd be a hit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

If we get a Hawkeye series I want it to be a sitcom where he lives on the farm with his family. Each week the kids get into dramas and they all learn a lesson at the end. Perhaps he fires an arrow to hang up some clothes and gives a knowing wink to the camera. Maybe Captain America comes around and they play poker together?

Think Home Improvement/Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter/Last Man Standing.

Surely it'd be a hit.

Catches boyfriend copping a feel on his daughter, pins hand to the wall with an arrow. Though the palm.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Have the whole show be him renovating his house. With arrows. Need to nail a board? Nail arrows. Installing flooring? Linoleum tile arrows.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Skwirl posted:

Catches boyfriend copping a feel on his daughter, pins hand to the wall with an arrow. Though the palm.

*Cue laugh track*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MCU Hawkeye is so boring. He barely has a personality and has no real arc left. The only reason they went with the Ultimate Hawkeye thing where he has a family was so people wouldn't get too pissed about the really dumb Hulk/Black Widow romance, and that didn't even work.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Do an ABC Fraction Hawkguy series and drat the consequences.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I never saw Clint's promiscuity as a central pillar of the Fraction run and think you could strip it out easily for a show in the MCU.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hrrm. Not exactly a terribly impressive stab at Arseface, this:

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Hrrm. Not exactly a terribly impressive stab at Arseface, this:

C'mon, AMC. :effort:

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lurdiak posted:

MCU Hawkeye is so boring. He barely has a personality and has no real arc left. The only reason they went with the Ultimate Hawkeye thing where he has a family was so people wouldn't get too pissed about the really dumb Hulk/Black Widow romance, and that didn't even work.

Did banner just forget about betty somehhow?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'd actually like to see a Danny Ketch early Ghost Rider. More horror and dark poo poo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I really, really want MCU Hawkeye to do the Daily Show gag from this week's New Avengers.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

SirDan3k posted:

I never saw Clint's promiscuity as a central pillar of the Fraction run and think you could strip it out easily for a show in the MCU.

It's more about him leading a sad bachelor life in a lovely apartment though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

jscolon2.0 posted:

It's more about him leading a sad bachelor life in a lovely apartment though.

Yeah. An important part of Hawkguy is that he very much doesn't have his life together. A stable family life kind of defuses that, and while finalizing his and Bobbi's divorce is a feature of Hawkguy, I can't imagine the MCU deciding to make Clint a divorcee just so they can have a TV show of him living a crummy life.