Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Immortan posted:

Are they still giving Zack Snyder directorial duties on the JL films given how badly reviewed this one & MoS was? Because lol

He is supposed to start filming Justice League PART 1 on April 11th and a bunch of people wondered if a really bad reception could halt plans. Because apparently thats happened like twice before in the last 10 years with DC comics movies where they cancelled filmings just weeks before.

exquisite tea posted:

The way these modern superhero movies are all 3-hour bleak epics with ridiculous plots yet demand to be taken totally seriously is extremely lol. Tim Burton's Batman looks more and more like a masterpiece every day.

2 hours of contrived bullshit for a bunch of cameos at the end doesnt sound fun to the normal moviegoer? Who knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Shaquin posted:

I also liked him in the run where its about all the justice leaguers being old timers in the world where super humans are in their second generation and running wild loving poo poo up because they are just duking it out in the streets and theres so drat many of them can't remember the name the art was so crazy for that made me kind of queasy to read it in a good way

Kingdom Come?

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
would batman v superman be enjoyable if you were severely under the influence?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
70% of audiencw seemed to enjoy it though, basically the same as MoS

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

dreezy posted:

another serious question from someone who isn't gonna watch it: in very simple terms, why does lex have a jar of piss?

the senator hes beefing with burned him in an earlier scene saying like 'dont give me a bucket of piss and call it grannys tea

then in a senate hearing she has a jar in front of her full of piss labeled grannys tea then a bomb goes off and everybody but superman dies

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
the current narrative i am seeing around the internet is that 'this was just too deep for the plebs, synder makes true art better than capeshit and elevates superheroes to god tier, get on my level :colbert:' (or that all the reviewers are paid shills for marvel. that is another good one). its gotten to the desperate point of treating armond white as a real film critic rather than a troll writer of thought experiments dissecting film criticism. its getting really bad.

the reality is that zac snyder is an overindulgent hack who does too much jenkem on set and can produce only good visuals but nothing else. nobody stopped to tell him that only batman or superman can be jesus, not the both of them. and that movies have to have a thing like a 'plot' and characters need something called 'motivation'. there is no deeper meaning. you only need to look at ben affleck's face and his thoughts of suicide to see this.

there's also the fact that wb is trying to fast forward to catch up to marvel instead of building up slowly as well. i am sure the movie will make massive profit and still have snyder on to direct the justice leauge. where all the heroes just murder and genocide because snyder is just an overgrown edgy 12 year old on drugs.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Superman should have died with fins on cars

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ben affleck is super sad to be paid millions to dress up as a bat man

real depressed

bet he expected an oscar for Batman vs Superman

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Zzulu posted:

real depressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
heartbreaking

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

he makes bizarro, frames supes, batman gets pissed and goes after superguy, then they fight but they realize it was all a misunderstanding and lex and bizarro are the threat and they go after them. maybe even get bizarro to look into his heart and turn good so it's not all about killing bad peeps. it's so simple.

i'm sure this happened in a comic book at some point.

this is the combination of two plots from Superman: The animated Series

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so the cartoon show was smarte rand more logical than the 250 million dollar film.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The more I think of this movie the funnier it gets. Superman's true enemy isn't Lex Luthor or Doomsday, it's Pa Kent.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

How lucky is Superman that his mother and Batman's mother have the same name?? Good lord that's lucky.....

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
can a mere mortal penis part the vagina of an amazonian godess? or do you need like superstrenght just to get up in there? Please anseer comic experts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Doflamingo posted:

How lucky is Superman that his mother and Batman's mother have the same name?? Good lord that's lucky.....

im not sure why he called his mom by her first name, though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper Dan posted:

there's also the fact that wb is trying to fast forward to catch up to marvel instead of building up slowly as well. i am sure the movie will make massive profit and still have snyder on to direct the justice leauge. where all the heroes just murder and genocide because snyder is just an overgrown edgy 12 year old on drugs.

gently caress buildup we want that sweet comic money loving NOW, let's throw everything we can in there!

Seriously though, this would have been like Marvel if Thanos was thrown into Winter Soldier and was turned into a clone of Captain America, and then killed 10 minutes later. "What would be really loving stupid of them," you say, but there you go: DC is that dumb.

PS: Best part of the movie was Batman saying 'gently caress no killing,' and turning into Iron Punisher instead.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Almost 9 million views. :allears:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Zzulu posted:

ben affleck is super sad to be paid millions to dress up as a bat man

real depressed

bet he expected an oscar for Batman vs Superman

Or he's sad he won't spin this role into a repeat one in a popular franchise where he'd make far more?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
are we pretending that this isnt a success? its gonna make a ton of money

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Zzulu posted:

are we pretending that this isnt a success? its gonna make a ton of money

I wrongly assumed it was doing poorly because of all the negative reception but lol you're right

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Any bat nipples in this film?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

JVNO posted:

I wrongly assumed it was doing poorly because of all the negative reception but lol you're right

Of course it's going to make a shitzillion dollars opening weekend. Look at the title of the movie.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
angry nerds seem to have moved from "MOVIE CRITICS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC JUST DON'T GET IT!!" to "IT'S JUST TOO GROWN UP AND ADULT FOR THEM WHICH IS GOOD BECAUSE COMICS ARE FOR ADULTS LIKE ME AND NEVER CHILDREN!!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

JVNO posted:

the problem is that they arent trying to make one successful movie. they are trying to start a huge successful movie franchise. lots of people will go see this, yes. but if no one likes it (aside from the plaintive internet nerds who were already intent on liking it), then that franchise is clearly stillborn.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

These movies are all gonna make a lot of money on name and marketing alone but who loving cares about any of that? I wanted a good comic book movie and this wasn't it.

Doflamingo fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 26, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whats a good comic book mmovie

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

whats a good comic book mmovie

Batman Returns, The Dark Knight, Sin City, Dredd, Blade, Hellboy, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man to name a few... heck, even 300 and Watchmen - made by the same director as this poo poo - weren't half bad.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Watchman was loving garbage.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

JVNO posted:

Naw man, the Chinese are gonna watch the poo poo out of it.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Watchmen is a hard sell because it's proximity to the book is going to make it look like hot garbage even if it were almost kinda decent. And since it was refined mediocrity it ended up being terrible. (I kinda liked how they took away Rorschach's big badass scene but that's literally all I liked about that movie).

300 was a big dumb piece of poo poo. That's exactly what it needed to be. 300 was a glorious big dumb piece of poo poo, easily Snyder's only legit good movie. He should make the movie of Frank Miller's Batman Genocides the Mohammadians, because he's the right dumb piece of poo poo director. Let someone good work on the DC movies.

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches
hey i know nothing bout comics so who was the guy (and henchmen) from the apocalypse vision, who delivered it and told batman lois was the key (which he never followed up on lol) also did he say anything else important they mixed the sound of the portal way too loud, couldn't hear poo poo, and who's the person from lex's files who's not the flash, wonder woman, or pfftAHAHAHAQUAHAHAMAAAN

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Doflamingo posted:

Batman Returns, The Dark Knight, Sin City, Dredd, Blade, Hellboy, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man to name a few... heck, even 300 and Watchmen - made by the same director as this poo poo - weren't half bad.

I might be the only person in the world that thinks this, but Ant Man was exactly what I wanted in a comic book movie. It wasn't as good as Gaurdians of the Galaxy, it was a similarly silly and fun production though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm still waiting for the Superman vs. Muhammed Ali movies starring any one of the Wayans brothers as Ali.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

super dave osborne is my favourite super hero

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Batman Returns is loving garbage.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

rapfan90 posted:

hey i know nothing bout comics so who was the guy (and henchmen) from the apocalypse vision, who delivered it and told batman lois was the key (which he never followed up on lol) also did he say anything else important they mixed the sound of the portal way too loud, couldn't hear poo poo, and who's the person from lex's files who's not the flash, wonder woman, or pfftAHAHAHAQUAHAHAMAAAN

i thought future vision guy was supposed to be the flash

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Zack Snyder should have stuck to music videos. His creativity exists only in small 3-4 minute bits. Like, if you take the opening to Watchmen, the opening to BvS, and a few clips from 300 he would probably seem like a stylistic genius.

The problem is those brief glimmers are buried under 2 hours of just total poo poo

I would include the credits montage to Dawn Of The Dead as well.

I realized long ago that Snyder desperately wants to be David Fincher. The use of variable speed cameras was the thing that really sold me on that, since variable speed frame rate was first used in Fight Club.

I'm reading somewhere that the total budget, production plus marketing, is somewhere like $400 million dollars. Despite the inflated Metacritic/Rotten Tomatoes scores (which are looking to be astroturfed anyway), I think the negative reaction is going give it a big opening weekend but word of mouth is going to spread and people will just sour on it. I don't see how it's going to have legs.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Sadfleck Batfleck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Doflamingo posted:

Most of those are mediocre at best. I liked TDK and Dredd and Guardians was good silly fun. The rest of it is really just a sad gallery of movies

• Locked thread