Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

No Undertaker in the background - sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

No Mans Land posted:

What woman has spoken out publicly against Trump for being sexist, aside from any that he has had public disagreements with? Any former employees? Nope. Ex-wives? Ivana still speaks highly of him. It's such an empty claim.
My grandma who has voted republican for like the last 50 years called him sexist and said she won't vote for him in the general. It's amazing what the man can do.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

L-Boned posted:

If getting laid depends on your political views, you are doing it wrong.

*woosh* right over ur head

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

yeah, I hope trump supporters die too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

please do not let on that the whole alpha/beta dynamic is so enormously out of touch with reality and purged from society at large at this point, because it's a useful indicator as to if somebody is an out of touch MRA weirdo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Epic High Five posted:

please do not let on that the whole alpha/beta dynamic is so enormously out of touch with reality and purged from society at large at this point, because it's a useful indicator as to if somebody is an out of touch MRA weirdo

not to mention that anyone obsessed with it is by their own definition forever a beta

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Epic High Five posted:

Do you have some new, better word for "Men" like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diJNybk0Mw

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Typo posted:

ikr voting trump gets you laid trust me

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

No Mans Land posted:

I still want to believe that he will do something useful with healthcare but it doesn't affect me personally if he doesn't so w/e.

Trump 2016: "Well, it doesn't affect me personally"

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

I don't. They are an invaluable part of the current attempt to destroy the GOP elite.

TwinsensRevenge posted:

You're an artist! This captures the spirit so well.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
ITT: a political campaign which unironically calls people Cu-ck expect to get elected

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
THE SOONER THE BLOOD OF NORMIES RUNS IN THE STREETS THE SOONER I CAN GET BACK TO MY ANIME

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

TwinsensRevenge posted:

The dumb and the talentless should stick up for their interests better then

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
my previous post
is
ironic

if u couldn't guess

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
make like trump and gas this thread

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Narciss posted:

Do you have some new, better word for "Men" like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diJNybk0Mw

sick neg bro, now break through the LMR on this AFC

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

L-Boned posted:

Ah, so you don't have any proof, like many people who call Trump a racist.

Perception is 100% of what matters in politics, it doesn't matter if some exact statement he made is racist or not on a technical level, as long as its perceived as such there is no functional difference

if you are seriously about this, go read about the southern strategy and dog-whistle racism, the GOP has being doing this for decades and giving themselves just enough fallback space to make it hard to call them on it. Trump is just a little bit more explicit than they usually are

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

The GOP elites/"Conservatives" have actually made me feel empathetic for a good portion of the Trump base.

Granted, not the MRA's, and Racist shitbags. Seriously, gently caress those people. They should know better.

But the blue collar people that are supporting him. They're good people that deserve better than to be poo poo on.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Narciss posted:

I'm a big bearded powerlifter dude, the supposed home of alpha culture. Sorry we're abandoning you freaks but it turns out that having women around is way better, and watching a woman grow in strength and confidence is the most rewarding way you can spend time helping people train.

Don't worry, you'll always have a home at campus rec centers and Planet Fitness where you can curl in the squat rack and skip leg day and nobody will judge you or call you out. Everybody needs a safe space

Baloogan posted:

THE SOONER THE BLOOD OF NORMIES RUNS IN THE STREETS THE SOONER I CAN GET BACK TO MY ANIME

Didn't you hear? Most anime is created by normies! Some must be spared, at least, right?

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Narciss posted:

D & D poster, I thought

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

also lol yeah it'd be MIGHTY unfair to accuse trump of being something even when there's not enough evidence to uphold the claim in a court of law. boy that'd be pretty slimy, he'd never stoop to doing anything like that

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

Perception is 100% of what matters in politics, it doesn't matter if some exact statement he made is racist or not on a technical level, as long as its perceived as such there is no functional difference

So you are justifying the shrill media site's incessant attempts to paint him with a label that has no relation to his actual actions, by saying its the perception that matters. Great. Is that what "reality has a liberal bias" means? Blanketing the landscape of facts with a specific agenda is its own kind of truth? Another word for that is propaganda.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump supporters have poo poo taste in politics and poo poo taste in anime.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

So you are justifying the shrill media site's incessant attempts to paint him with a label that has no relation to his actual actions, by saying its the perception that matters. Great. Is that what "reality has a liberal bias" means? Blanketing the landscape of facts with a specific agenda is its own kind of truth? Another word for that is propaganda.

The media is not the thing painting Trump as a racist, Trump is the thing painting Trump as a racist to most who isn't already the core base of his white male supporters

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

They dub not sub

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I knew even after 2012 the unskewing wouldn't stop, because it looks like it's going to be legendary this year.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Despera posted:

They dub not sub
holy poo poo ive done nothing but watch in the original japanese

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

dunno wtf laser disc poo poo you're peddling but the only Trump anime is DBZ

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

No Mans Land posted:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

dunno wtf laser disc poo poo you're peddling but the only Trump anime is DBZ

don't even

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

No Mans Land posted:

Did you not see the video posted several times in this thread about actual Trump quotes about women?

Is this some sort of cheat? Like if I'm nice to any black people I interact with I can go to KKK rallies wearing my white hood with pride and not be a racist?

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Karl Sharks posted:

Is this some sort of cheat? Like if I'm nice to any black people I interact with I can go to KKK rallies wearing my white hood with pride and not be a racist?

Are we talking about Bern Victims now?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

No Mans Land posted:

You can't even make a cohesive argument for what would count as "facts" of sexism.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

The media is not the thing painting Trump as a racist, Trump is the thing painting Trump as a racist to most who isn't already the core base of his white male supporters

This is not an assertion of fact. Trump would disagree that he is painting himself as a racist, which is would your claim require to be true.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

This is not an assertion of fact. Trump would disagree that he is painting himself as a racist, which is would your claim require to be true.

Like in general to this thread: politics and political messaging actually does have some subtitles to them, go read about the southern strategy on how the GOP manage win the south for like 30 years by making their racist messages subtle enough so that you can't quite call them on it. This appealed to ex-dixiecrats and southern racists for decades without alienating too many liberals. Read the Lee Atwater interview where he explains how this works and is pretty much always based on racial divides.

It's just that in 2016 people have wisened up on one end to this kind of messaging, and people on the other end no longer thinks it's explicit enough.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I hereby publicly state on this, the Something Awful Forums, that Trump is sexist and I will certainly not vote for him in the general over it among other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

You can't even make a cohesive argument for what would count as "facts" of sexism.

look they'll love him okay, just don't ask them about it or interpret any primary results

• Locked thread