Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Why don't we talk about Hillary's alleged mysogyny? loving left wing main stream latte clinging media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

She has no personality or public persona of her own, she reads off a teleprompter for a cable news station and occasionally asks loaded questions, its very difficult to insult an empty suit but i guess he thought it was necessary. Now he just says their ratings are low if they come after him. He's learned.
That's cool, but calling her a bimbo was completely unnecessary, saying she has blood coming out of "whatever" was not necessary.

What the whole thing reveals is that Trump deep down inside really does view women as trophies and objects of physical attractiveness for men to obtain. I actually think maybe he is just pandering with the whole muslims thing, but there's basically no question that Donald Trump really is very sexist.

quote:

And what, is he going to call all the men "bastards"? Men are more likely to project a certain persona that can be attacked if they come after him. Difficult to attack women but they are used, and use themselves, as political pawns too. To ignore them all out of chivalry is a way to get taken advantage of. Like Bernie did by refusing to attack Hillary.

This is an argument which flies well on reddit and maybe with a certain demography of 17-25 year old dudes, but not for the general American electorate

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Despera posted:

Why don't we talk about Hillary's alleged mysogyny? loving left wing main stream latte clinging media.

Because this is the Republican thread. Retarded thread for morons is that way.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/713803130417324032
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/240462265680289792

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

There are things women as a whole are not as good at doing as men are and it is objectively okay to acknowledge this.

like, apparently, running for president

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Epic High Five posted:

just so everybody knows, this comment in defense of a position of "show me somebody suing him for gender discrimination" is pulled from an article about somebody suing him for gender discrimination

Just another typically goony assumption. It is a quote that has been used in plenty of writeups about Trump over the past few decades.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

mike12345 posted:

Because this is the Republican thread. Retarded thread for morons is that way.

Hey I'm just saying there's a double standard against Trump here

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

It's just as okay to insult specific women as it is to insult specific men.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

They just have to have their husband do it first so they know how its done.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

I'm not fond of this fact, but Hillary is going to be the next President.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

There are things women as a whole are not as good at doing as men are and it is objectively okay to acknowledge this.

Please enlighten us on what things these would be in the office. I'm curious.

No Mans Land posted:

Women on average work fewer hours in the office than men, this is a fact. This plays into lower effectiveness. Still havent entered the realm of sexism. If you still think thats sexism then I guess life is very hard for you.

Plenty of countries work less than us and are more productive. Studies have shown that increased hours worked does not produce a 1:1 increase in productivity, and at a certain point it is the opposite.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Third World Reggin posted:

They just have to have their husband do it first so they know how its done.

maybe she confused the oval office with a kitchen or something

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

That's cool, but calling her a bimbo was completely unnecessary, saying she has blood coming out of "whatever" was not necessary.

What the whole thing reveals is that Trump deep down inside really does view women as trophies and objects of physical attractiveness for men to obtain. I actually think maybe he is just pandering with the whole muslims thing, but there's basically no question that Donald Trump really is very sexist.

This is an argument which flies well on reddit and maybe with a certain demography of 17-25 year old dudes, but not for the general American electorate

What if i told you that from time to time women like feeling like trophies to obtain. Do good with this knowledge and go forth. I think at the end of the day Trump is just more honest than a lot of you.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Typo posted:

I think Donald Trump actually just has no time or respect for those he considers useless, weak, low-energy, etc. It's just that, if you're one of those things and also an attractive woman, he'll at least give you the time of day because he wants to treat you like a sex object, whereas he'd just ignore you entirely if you were a man. So, yeah, Trump is a pretty bad sexist, but not quite as bad as it might appear if you were to ignore his disdain toward most men as well.

It's also worth noting that holding certain specific women in high esteem is not incompatible with being a male chauvinist in general. I know women who think that women are, on average, worse than man at most things, and I can tell you they sure as gently caress don't count themselves in the category of "most women." That doesn't mean they don't hold sexist opinions.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Women are garbage. Except for me. I am special.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

What if i told you that from time to time women like feeling like trophies to obtain. Do good with this knowledge and go forth. I think at the end of the day Trump is just more honest than a lot of you.

Look, get off the internet and talk to some girls irl, date somebody, get some female friends, consider the viewpoints of your mother or sisters. This is a lot more complicated than you think it is.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'd totally be up for some oval brownies

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

No Mans Land posted:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Women are garbage. Except for me. I am special.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I have literally met several women who think this. It's kind of sad, really.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

am I getting negged right now?

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

Look, get off the internet and talk to some girls irl, date somebody, get some female friends, consider the viewpoints of your mother or sisters. This is a lot more complicated than you think it is.

Lets assume ive done all that and still think the same things. Then what? Would you then explain what these complexities are?

My mother and sister are voting for Bernie, but I feel like theyre only doing it because they feel like theyre supposed to, neither are too enthused about him and have never bothered defending him to me. Not that i have ever attacked him to them.

Im just saying, its not like a lot of people especially women want to articulate at length why they are voting for someone. Its more like "whats my social circle..whats my family doing..ok i'll do that"

Edit 2 - i know my mother supports bernie because of his stance on global warming and she works in green technology. Thats about it i think

No Mans Land fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 26, 2016

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

PT6A posted:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I have literally met several women who think this. It's kind of sad, really.

I am somehow going to be exempt from all of this.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Bill wanted a sandwich, not to be first lady

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

No Mans Land posted:

woah.

Ted Cruz is posting on SA now?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

You've gotta admit, this is a first-degree burn. Really twists the knife in. Especially the "He made a good decision" part.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

That account's so on point sometimes, but other times you can tell it's at least sympathetic to white nationalism.

oh man you have ruined that guy for me

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

It's Lyin' Ted.

L-Y-E-N Ted.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Patter Song posted:

You've gotta admit, this is a first-degree burn. Really twists the knife in. Especially the "He made a good decision" part.

It's pro gay if you think about it

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

Lets assume ive done all that and still think the same things. Then what? Would you then explain what these complexities are?

I can try for another 50 posts or so and probably not get anywhere and also I'm gonna go to the gym now

Politics is roughly 99% emotional and maybe 1% rational on a good day. The problem with internet autists is that they insist on thinking everyone is 99% rational and different PoVs don't matter because people with the same rationalities ends up with the same conclusions. And they try to account for emotions by using amateur psychology and/or PUA material which gives them a warped and oversimplified model on how other people actually think irl. The whole "Trump is Alpha so women will vote for him" is case in point. This is why they seem awfully out of touch with reality.

Like in the end, no amount of making posts on D&D is gonna equate to a couple of convos you have with real life women on the issue of sexism and politics in changing your opinion.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
as a man I want to feel like a trophy . I want to be on the bullet farmers mantle , shiny and chrome for all future goo candidates to gaze at

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Jeb is a mess

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Ted Cruz giving a new meaning to Flowers for Algernon.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
instead of regular protesting i just want to hire a mariachi band to play at all of trumps rallies

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Lion Ted. Rarr.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

I can try for another 50 posts or so and probably not get anywhere and also I'm gonna go to the gym now

Politics is roughly 99% emotional and maybe 1% rational on a good day. The problem with internet autists is that they insist on thinking everyone is 99% rational and different PoVs don't matter because people with the same rationalities ends up with the same conclusions. And they try to account for emotions by using amateur psychology and/or PUA material which gives them a warped and oversimplified model on how other people actually think irl. The whole "Trump is Alpha so women will vote for him" is case in point. This is why they seem awfully out of touch with reality.

Like in the end, no amount of making posts on D&D is gonna equate to a couple of convos you have with real life women on the issue of sexism and politics in changing your opinion.

But i think these women only think Trump is sexist (or more to the point, discriminatory) because of the non stop media narrative painting him as such, absent any actually damning evidence in favor of it. So my question has been, is he actually sexist and what has he done? Not, what is the perception among the easily misled? Because I think that's all that is happening here. It is easier for me to come to this point because of the amount of misunderstandings about Trump i have personally cleared up on these forums, just as one idiot with a forums account. Imagine whats happening everywhere else where no one is countering the endless "perception is reality" smear campaign.

Edit i mean he does say off color things from time to time, but thats just lack of filters operating, ive never detected any actual malice, which seems like it would be the key thing with sex discrimination.

No Mans Land fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 26, 2016

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

No Mans Land posted:

But i think these women only think Trump is sexist (or more to the point, discriminatory) because of the non stop media narrative painting him as such

You can paint reality. For example, an ad where women are simply reading Trump's literal words about women. You aren't Roddy Piper with the magical sunglasses that let you see the false narratives that everybody else is under the spell of.

e:

No Mans Land posted:

i mean he does say off color things from time to time, but thats just lack of filters operating

So his unfiltered truth is sexism but he's not sexist. Your reasoning is mind-numbing.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

No Mans Land posted:

But i think these women only think Trump is sexist (or more to the point, discriminatory) because of the non stop media narrative painting him as such, absent any actually damning evidence in favor of it. So my question has been, is he actually sexist and what has he done? Not, what is the perception among the easily misled? Because I think that's all that is happening here. It is easier for me to come to this point because of the amount of misunderstandings about Trump i have personally cleared up on these forums, just as one idiot with a forums account. Imagine whats happening everywhere else where no one is countering the endless "perception is reality" smear campaign.

Wait, what? I'm confused. Are you claiming there isn't evidence of Trump's sexism?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
All of the women on ‘The Apprentice’ flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's pretty sexist to insult women based on their appearance and not endlessly ridicule Ted Cruz for same imo.

• Locked thread