Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bowser posted:

Who else do you think might run in future years for either side (or independently) that could gather as much support as Trump has? I struggle to think of anyone that could succesfully create such a powerful cult of personality.

edit: to be clear I'm talking about outsider non-establishment / non-politician candidates.

Oprah. Seriously.

You're pretty much limited to really rich media stars. So maybe a guy like Rush could do it.

edit: neither will ever run though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

bowser posted:

Who else do you think might run in future years for either side (or independently) that could gather as much support as Trump has? I struggle to think of anyone that could succesfully create such a powerful cult of personality.

edit: to be clear I'm talking about outsider non-establishment / non-politician candidates.

Lowtax could make a run, but since memes are the new television ads we would REALLY need to step our game up for him to have a chance.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ted Cruz would gently caress a rat, but not if that rat was Donald Cruz.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I just feel really bad for Reince Priebus. A few days ago someone suggested that Jeb Bush would be happier being a Spanish teacher, and Newt Gingrich would be happier as a zookeeper.

Maybe Reince would have a more fulfilling life as a bartender.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

William Bear posted:

I just feel really bad for Reince Priebus. A few days ago someone suggested that Jeb Bush would be happier being a Spanish teacher, and Newt Gingrich would be happier as a zookeeper.

You're thinking of John Boehner.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Fix posted:

Ted Cruz would gently caress a rat, but not if that rat was Donald Cruz.

Oh Jesus. Kill me now.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

William Bear posted:

That's Graham

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Karl Sharks posted:

Oh Jesus. Kill me now.

Hahaha, welp.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Michael Corleone posted:

Lowtax could make a run, but since memes are the new television ads we would REALLY need to step our game up for him to have a chance.

Kyanka/Poole vs Curtis/Max in 2024: lol wut?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Fix posted:

Hahaha, welp.

Could you imagine Ted's slimey loving face with Trump's overly expression face? Just sliding and jiggling all over the place?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Karl Sharks posted:

Could you imagine Ted's slimey loving face with Trump's overly expression face? Just sliding and jiggling all over the place?

Satan is a mess!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Venom Snake posted:

The dawning realization that he's going to go down a massive failure alongside goldwater (or worse) might actually make Trump drop out using some bullshit excuse before the election actually happens

lol if u think trump won't be the best performing Republican ever

VVVV
It's actually smart and vitrioic

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Patter Song posted:

You've gotta admit, this is a first-degree burn. Really twists the knife in. Especially the "He made a good decision" part.

I don't know if i'd call that a burn. For me, a burn is something cutting that makes you go :boom:

While what Trump said is just really ugly and unpleasant.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

so other than arizona and georgia going blue, which isnt going to happen, its basically going to be a normal election result?

thats sort of disappointing

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

steinrokkan posted:

lol if u think trump won't be the best performing Republican ever

Lol if you think Trump is going to match or outperform Reagan '84.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the coolest thing is the innate knowledge that if a single ge poll had trump in the lead he'd talk about it forever. it didn't matter that he usually underperformed nearly every state poll wildly, but he doesn't even have that. what is he even going to talk about in ge rallies if there's not weekly huge terrorist attacks?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

"uhhhh i meant performance like, it's all an act! man trump really fooled you dumb libs heh heh"

shiksa posted:

the coolest thing is the innate knowledge that if a single ge poll had trump in the lead he'd talk about it forever. it didn't matter that he usually underperformed nearly every state poll wildly, but he doesn't even have that. what is he even going to talk about in ge rallies if there's not weekly huge terrorist attacks?

he'll just do what he does now. if he's suffering bad in polling, he'll just make poo poo up

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mnaL5Adbao

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mostly I weep for the future that we're at a place where "you're ugly" is considered a "sick burn".

I mean, if that doesn't show how low our standards are I don't know what does. When the trolls stop trying its all gone to hell.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the really funny part is that this election is really the GOP's to lose. 8 years of "meh" economic performance for many, a base that's been actively energized against the incumbent party, general incumbent malaise... like, if they were running literally anyone else than Donald Trump against Hillary then she'd probably get shellacked in the general against attractive Generic Republican

but here we are, where the pantsuit golem faces off against the orange kaiju

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/grenouf/status/713826371018035200

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wivPfR27ic

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fidel Castronaut posted:

wait for him to parachute out of his gold-plated Boeing in the middle of a Hillary speech just to insult her pant suit.

Immediate +30 point gain nationwide

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Whenever an outlier showed him so much as tied with Clinton, he wouldn't shut up about it at the next debate.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Trump's not nearly that smart though.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

uncurable mlady posted:

the really funny part is that this election is really the GOP's to lose. 8 years of "meh" economic performance for many, a base that's been actively energized against the incumbent party, general incumbent malaise... like, if they were running literally anyone else than Donald Trump against Hillary then she'd probably get shellacked in the general against attractive Generic Republican

but here we are, where the pantsuit golem faces off against the orange kaiju

yeah jeb "please clap" bush and marco "i cant even win my own state" rubio would have really beat the poo poo out of hillary

i get what youre saying, but i think any of the other republicans would have really hosed up somehow and still lose

i also have zero faith the republicans will truly ditch trump and vote for hillary or third party or whatever theyre threatening to do; they'll rally around the nom like always

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

wait for him to parachute out of his gold-plated Boeing in the middle of a Hillary speech just to insult her pant suit.

Immediate +30 point gain nationwide

the saints row candidate

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wow they even want the protesting segregated apparently

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

shiksa posted:

I think that's partly why he's in hiding. This long lull in the Republican primaries means a lack of polls and action for Trump to distract people with. If he was out there all day every day he'd have to be dealing with some of the bigger "explain your policies" or "all these people don't like you" or "the ge numbers look bad" stuff. And he doesn't have this big field of guys to throw poo poo at so he's just MIA saying a few things to rile Cruz up.

The worst thing that could happen to Trump is for him to tie up the Primary quickly and have a long time before the convention with no punching bags and distractions. Just time for people to actually talk about Trump instead of the poo poo Trump distracts them with.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW5ZzpdKOQA

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

the saints row candidate
It makes sense now, Trump was the candidate against the boss...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"What's with those white people caring about black people dying?! Stupid liberals!"

Its like I half expect someone to say "race traitors."

Edit: That's Canada. I don't know what the hell the politics are there.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 26, 2016

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Il Federale posted:

yeah jeb "please clap" bush and marco "i cant even win my own state" rubio would have really beat the poo poo out of hillary

i get what youre saying, but i think any of the other republicans would have really hosed up somehow and still lose

i also have zero faith the republicans will truly ditch trump and vote for hillary or third party or whatever theyre threatening to do; they'll rally around the nom like always

i think like 95% of the ones who vote will rally behind him but gop turnout will drop and itll end up in a map sorta like the one nate silver made. i think things are too polarized for a goldwater or mondale type map

im curious to see what happens to hispanic and female turnout, and to see how much black turnout drops when obama's not on the ballot (but he'll still be campaigning)

but i dunno

edit: trump hasn't been having rallies has he, i assume we'd be talking about them. how long until his next rally? is this the longest he's gone without a rally since january?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lol according to rcp trump hasn't led a single h2h poll vs hillary since early february. only led 2 polls since the start of the year, both within moe.

he's so hosed.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
didnt trump himself say he would drop out if the polls started showing him losing because he has other things he could be doing?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

lol according to rcp trump hasn't led a single h2h poll vs hillary since early february. only led 2 polls since the start of the year, both within moe.

he's so hosed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiJYGV8faZw

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I think that's partly why he's in hiding. This long lull in the Republican primaries means a lack of polls and action for Trump to distract people with. If he was out there all day every day he'd have to be dealing with some of the bigger "explain your policies" or "all these people don't like you" or "the ge numbers look bad" stuff. And he doesn't have this big field of guys to throw poo poo at so he's just MIA saying a few things to rile Cruz up.

The worst thing that could happen to Trump is for him to tie up the Primary quickly and have a long time before the convention with no punching bags and distractions. Just time for people to actually talk about Trump instead of the poo poo Trump distracts them with.

the GE numbers and initial reports looked bad months ago, i'm not sure what the word is for:

oystertoadfish posted:

lol http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us03232016_Umk53pw.pdf#page9

edit: i missed the best one - 8 people said 'no'. other good ones are 'racist' - 'how do i feel about donald trump becoming president? racist' and 'strong'

https://twitter.com/NKingofDC/status/713095738587090944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

didnt trump himself say he would drop out if the polls started showing him losing because he has other things he could be doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiJYGV8faZw

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
!!!!!

https://twitter.com/gregorg/status/713695319180099584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Calling it now: there will be no concession speech from Trump. There might be a speech, but it will absolutely not admit that he was bested.

• Locked thread