Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

What customer list? LOL!!! Do you really thing ANY publisher/dev in their right minds values that "list" of mostly Shitizens?

I didn't say anyone legit would buy it. More like a company on the level of Indian call center scammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

D_Smart posted:

What customer list? LOL!!! Do you really thing ANY publisher/dev in their right minds values that "list" of mostly Shitizens?

It's a sucker list, not a customer list.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
what if sandi is EightAce and has such a need to be loved by everyone that she will leak to goons so that goons love her even if they dont know it

makes u think

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dusty Lens posted:

Could you elaborate on what you mean by that. As we worked out earlier I'm really poo poo at innuendo and insinuation.

Don't worry I wont make a habit of asking.

Here's the names of a couple thousand people who revile game companies that don't feed their perception of providing valuable input on how to bloat your software with terrible ideas.

Do I hear $5.
[/quote]

As was previously hinted at by me. Then followed-up and confirmed by EightAce. Then that follow JohnP0100 over on mmorpg with his own musings; they're in full-on crisis mode.

Truly, I can't divulge more than that unless and until some public news breaks or it will burn my sources (at least one of them would be a guaranteed burn).

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

It's worse.

D_Smart posted:

PSA: Erin is in the US.

That is all.

Erin's out. Also, he beat up his brother for damaging his professional career, and making him look like poo poo to his employees who followed him into this mess, and who he actually cares about. Then he gave Chris a wedgie on the way out.

In a just world.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ideate posted:

I don't mean to speak for uncle battlecruiser but he is implying there's a reason related to the trainwreck that Erin is in the US I think

Roll the dice

1. Derek says stuff like this for the pure madness of it
2. Derek says stuff like this so that only people in the know will know that he knows
3. There are some things you do in person that you don't do by email or phone call
4. All of the above
5. None of the above
6. All of the above plus there's more, and it's worse

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

SomethingJones posted:

Roll the dice

2. Derek says stuff like this so that only people in the know will know that he knows
3. There are some things you do in person that you don't do by email or phone call
4. All of the above
5. None of the above

7. Erin's office has been made into a mocap studio and he needs a desk

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

SomethingJones posted:

Roll the dice

4. All of the above
5. None of the above

I legit rolled a 5. What now?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Dr Smart consistently predicts things will happen in 2 weeks and I have followed this thread very closely and I have noticed that at two week intervals from when he says this something often comes to light and it is bad.

In short he has a strong track record of accuracy and correctness and he is literally a hero.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

Roll the dice

4. All of the above
5. None of the above

I think you'll find Derek actually posted the answer on his blog thirty-five minutes ago two weeks ago last October.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

SomethingJones posted:

There's always more, and it's always worse.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

SomethingJones posted:

Roll the dice

4. All of the above
5. None of the above

It's more like a deck of many things, except each card you draw reminds you about all the other cards still in the deck, yet to be drawn, and then a thousand citizens cling to their rosaries and remind themselves that guys

it's only a pre-alpha deck

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Wrecked Angle posted:

Means you owe CIG $38,000

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

You have become Derek Smart.

Roll again.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

There is no way to unbecome Derek.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Mr.Tophat posted:

Dammit. And I've only just become Crobberts!

Derek, you have completely ignored all the Star Traders controversy. Are you invested?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Since Derek won't elaborate, I'm going to assume that I was correct and Chris spent all the money on hookers.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Sure there is, as long as you have the grit for it. No matter how Derek you are, this thing is unbecoming:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

Dammit.And I've only just become Crobberts!

Derek, you have completely ignored all the Star Traders controversy. Are you invested?

He is reading the thread. It takes time, because he catalogues every morsel of information so that it'll make a lawsuit broth one day. Patience.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Tippis posted:

Sure there is, as long as you have the grit for it. No matter how Derek you are, this thing is unbecoming:

No way, I want kickstart a project with that guy and then kick some holes (that is the right term for golf right) with the guy and be like, 'drat' when he mentions that no-one has ever tried this attire on the green before, 'it's never been done,' he says as he birdies for the hundred time and insists on another mulligan while I contemplate if he has life insurance or not, and if I can emulate Furio from Sopranos well enough to get rid of the bee on his hat

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

Roll the dice

4. All of the above
5. None of the above

:five: :five: :five:

Man, this thread. This loving thread.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wrecked Angle posted:

The guys a loving phoney just like half the rest of the "staff" of CIG I'm sure. Look at this poo poo from his website...

He even plastered his name all over it like he's loving proud.

Dude, you traced over a loving cell from Family Guy!

Then there's his loving pencil drawing of Katniss Everdeen...

'nuff said. The guy should be shamed out the loving industry!

something something the best talent at CIG

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

derek if you want to catch up on a thread start from the most recent post and work your way back like a god drat professional.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wrecked Angle posted:

Dammit. And I've only just become Crobberts!

No I didn't. I made several posts (here) about it. In fact, I was the first (I think) to post both croberts endorsement, and the KS link.

Then the Goons took off with it.

Meanwhile, in my social media feed:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/713882696624300032
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/713882626138972160
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/713881450928537600
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/713875873934520320
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/713695185398599680
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/713694743717416960

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

It's worse.
Please don't tell me Sandi's out. The operation would completely implode without her.

(Well the thread would suffer, at least...)

Crobbler Benz
Mar 22, 2016

by Lowtax

Daztek posted:

It's like watching Chris Roberts play Star Citizen

Come on man, that wasn't necessary

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Lol chris roberts was personally shilling for those plagiarists in a signed letter to his supporters on his website!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Google Butt posted:

derek if you want to catch up on a thread start from the most recent post and work your way back like a god drat professional.

I have a better method.

1) bookmark the last page I was on when I leave
2) return (usually next day or when I have a lull in my day/eve), go to the current last page
3) open current last page in new tab
4) read backward +5 pages
5) go to bookmark in #1, read forward +5 pages
6) repeat until I arrive where #4 and #5 meet
7) go to #3
8) proceed as normal (usually, depending on how much poo poo is going down, it takes an average of +10 pages to catch up)

Seriously, I read every loving post. And I tend to archive (to Clipmate and/or Evernote depending on post type e.g. Gorf's masterpieces ALWAYS go into Evernote) as I go along

ps: this works/makes sense if you're on the autism spectrum like me

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I completely failed to keep up on the Republican Primary thread today because of you guys. That's how good you are.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

D_Smart posted:

I have a better method.

1) bookmark the last page I was on when I leave
2) return (usually next day or when I have a lull in my day/eve), go to the current last page
3) open current last page in new tab
4) read backward +5 pages
5) go to bookmark in #1, read forward +5 pages
6) repeat until I arrive where #4 and #5 meet
7) go to #3
8) proceed as normal (usually, depending on how much poo poo is going down, it takes an average of +10 pages to catch up)

Seriously, I read every loving post. And I tend to archive (to Clipmate and/or Evernote depending on post type e.g. Gorf's masterpieces ALWAYS go into Evernote) as I go along

ps: this works/makes sense if you're on the autism spectrum like me

o.O

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

hail satan

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

hakimashou posted:

Lol chris roberts was personally shilling for those plagiarists in a signed letter to his supporters on his website!

As I understand it, the plagiarist in question also works for CIG.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Azram Legion posted:

As I understand it, the plagiarist in question also works for CIG.

He was/is a contractor. Yes.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

XK posted:

I completely failed to keep up on the Republican Primary thread today because of you guys. That's how good you are.

you missed nothing.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I tend to archive (to Clipmate and/or Evernote depending on post type e.g. Gorf's masterpieces ALWAYS go into Evernote) as I go along

On this Derek and I agree completely; G0RF your posts are masterpieces. Without doxxing yourself, can you tell us what you do for a living? I would honestly guess professional writing of some sort,

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

hail satan

And Hitler.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

D1E posted:

On this Derek and I agree completely; G0RF your posts are masterpieces. Without doxxing yourself, can you tell us what you do for a living? I would honestly guess professional writing of some sort,

community manager for a crowdfunded space game

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

XK posted:

You too, eh? :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.
Caught up with the thread.

Thanks guys for working on exposing this art-bullshit, I really find it infuriating that someone would go that far with it, there's no excuse for it if someones throwing it out there in professional capability. Don't care if it's just 'temporary', they went in public with it and claiming credit. Crash and burn this guy ;/

• Locked thread