Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadiTC
May 31, 2011
Does anyone know if the Wii U DLC packs are in the 3DS game and how to access them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MadiTC posted:

Does anyone know if the Wii U DLC packs are in the 3DS game and how to access them?

They are built in. Beating the final boss of each Adventure map unlocks the next one, and WiiU DLC adventure maps contain the costumes from their respective DLC.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Just unlocked my main Ganondorf. Good to see that his Great Swords still sit at the level of awesome that they do in the Wii U version as well.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

In theory yes, but some levels don't let you take multiple characters. I'm doing the level for Impa's Naginata for example and I only had the option to bring in one character. They may limit you to only one character for that mission, meaning you'd have to take Agitha to get it.

Good thing that mission only needs to be completed in order to get Agitha's reward then... and that Legends has doubled the time you get to clear it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Folt The Bolt posted:

Just unlocked my main Ganondorf. Good to see that his Great Swords still sit at the level of awesome that they do in the Wii U version as well.

What Great swords? the guy only uses a giant hand, like 24/7.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dizz posted:

Reminder of the time I got owned for missing one attack.

It happens to literally everyone.

Seriously

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i dipped into adventure mode to unlock my fairy and toon link before getting back into the story. i got some pants for my fairy but that's it. her name is lee lee

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

tithin posted:

What Great swords? the guy only uses a giant hand, like 24/7.

For mooks maybe, but anything higher ranked needs the rest of his arsenal, which is why it's good that they all do a good job at what you want them to.

Also, thank God for mini-Imprisoned actually dropping materials now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yup. We've all been there and the only possible response is :sympathy:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Man so my brother and I both got this... and there's neither sync with Wii U or coop with two 3dses. That's kinda lame, the co-op mode is a ton of fun.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Keiya posted:

neither sync with Wii U

I understand why they didn't do this but it still sucks. There's way too much content for me to start all over. I just got to Linkle's first mission and its pretty funny. When does the Wind Waker stuff pop up?

Thanks to Bruceski, by the way, for hooking me up with the Legends DLC on Wii U.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Bruceski posted:

Player damage. I can't recall how much a heart counts as, but different stages will have a requirement of 10k up to... I think 4K. Since damage from enemies also goes UP as the game goes on, in some of the later stages this essentially becomes "don't get hit."

Fuuuuuck, and potions and extra heart still don't count for poo poo? Man, this was the worst part of the original game, why the hell didn't they change that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Gotta say I'm not a fan of the zoomed in Adventure mode map, it's really irritating to not be able to see more than two squares away.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i hope they patch that adventure map thing and also the badges. koei are usually pretty good with patches for that sort of thing

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hope they patch this into the game:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/713901238803255296

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/713902200120979460

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i bet she summons her mushroom addled dad and animal villagers as well as the flying rooster

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

rip :shopkeeper:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm hype but would be more hype with trailer for her and also Medli.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

She'll summon him, zapping anyone she locks on to when she yells "THIEF" at them.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Seriously

Yup

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

does she turn into a bird for her attacks????

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Holy poo poo Marin. This just became a must buy

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Her attacks will probably be singing-related. Probably will summon animals with it. I hope her super is summoning the wind fish

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Marin is going to summon the Oracle animal friends

And one move requires her to sprout angel wings.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

YES

YESSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Marin is going to summon the Oracle animal friends

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm still a little bummed that the Oracle games and the Four Sword games (including Minish Cap) aren't getting the same level of fanservice as pretty much everything else...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

jivjov posted:

I'm still a little bummed that the Oracle games and the Four Sword games (including Minish Cap) aren't getting the same level of fanservice as pretty much everything else...

They bothered to give us reference to a 2D post-the-first-one Zelda at all. Cherish that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah it's kind of annoying that we're getting two LBW characters when they could have had one for Minish Cap. And it should have been Vaati.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jivjov posted:

Probably something to do with them being partly made by Capcom. While Nintendo has no issues re-releasing them, they probably have to license the characters from it if Geno is a example.

Even through it not part of the games coming up, it would be cool of Marin had a Malon costume from OoT.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah it's kind of annoying that we're getting two LBW characters when they could have had one for Minish Cap. And it should have been Vaati.

Vaati would be perfect. Add him as a giant boss or playable character and that covers everything Four Sword related. Or put in the Four Sword as a weapon for Toon Link, sorta like the baton being a weapon for Zelda before Wind Waker content was really a thing. Hell, even just some costumes would be great to see.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
As much as I'm enjoying this game, the Search function is the most blatant padding, unless you have a browser open with the maps. Which still raises the question of 'why?'

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

As much as I'm enjoying this game, the Search function is the most blatant padding, unless you have a browser open with the maps. Which still raises the question of 'why?'

It's to add some interaction, with some stages gated behind others. Non-LoZ/Master Quest adventure maps are obvious about it, and the Majora's Mask one makes things rather interesting with how they direct the flow of gameplay.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Since Linkle is also getting a new weapon with the LA pack, I hope they give her some kind of crazy bomb arrow gun or something.

Bomb arrows should be in more Zeldas.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Since Linkle is also getting a new weapon with the LA pack, I hope they give her some kind of crazy bomb arrow gun or something.

Bomb arrows should be in more Zeldas.

"crazy bomb arrow gun" is exactly how i would describe her current weapon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

And it should have been Vaati.

With an ezlo weapon for link too

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Heck yeah

Also, :siren:fully maxed out Stamina Fruit Badge Tree on Ganondorf in Legends lets him take down the Weak Point Gauge of the loving Imprisoned in one go with the Great Swords!:siren: The timing is really tight though. It has to be done near perfect.

Legends!Ganondorf also takes down Argorok's WPG in one shot with the Great Swords as well without any situational aid. On the Wii U game, Argorok was the sole normal giant boss (AKA not The Imprisoned or Ganon) who Ganondorf needed a special attack or Hasty Attacks to down its WPG in one shot.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

She uses the Sea Lily Bell as a weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Just started Linkle's story and oh my gently caress her allied captains are cucoos and she reloads her crossbows like Con Smith from Killer 7 which I'm sure is a coincidence but still :3:

• Locked thread