Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Ausrotten posted:

It's almost gross how cute Pelor is, I can't get over it. I don't think there is anything as adorable as a LGD puppy, I can kinda see why people with totally inappropriate living situations get them now. It really blows me away how different he is compared to Vecna as a puppy. Pelor's super chill and gentle with the rest of the animals, is really affectionate, and likes to nap a lot.
Neutral Good, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

pookel posted:

Neutral Good, duh.

yeah that's why we changed his name. he was nerull at first but he's too kind and good for that. neutral good and neutral evil describes them very well tbh

Aramek posted:

Pelor and Vecna are the most adorable deity dogs.

please do not forget Kas the destroyer (not a deity but close enough~)

kas and vecna are learning about being Kind To Babies. slow going but progress is being made

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
We've always been a Forgotten Realms animals household.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
HURR IM A DOG

If you bother the goats theyre gonna headbutt you dummy

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Ausrotten posted:

HURR IM A DOG

If you bother the goats theyre gonna headbutt you dummy

jesus christ this puppy is almost TOO adorable

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
Omigod he's awesome. :3: He reminds me of Monkey when he was just a wee pup. Pyr's are such great adorable floofballs when they're little. Monkey always loved going to visit my dad's goats.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Omigod he's awesome. :3: He reminds me of Monkey when he was just a wee pup. Pyr's are such great adorable floofballs when they're little. Monkey always loved going to visit my dad's goats.

Speaking of awesome, how are Ozzie and Sage?

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
Radient Pelor

hanging out with his bros

Bismarck keeps Pe in line

the whole world is covered in delicious shitcandy

I'm real proud of this little fucker. One of my German Shepherds lunged at the goat pen and Pelor charged in between Vex and the goats, squared off with him, and babyroared in his face :kimchi: Vecna wasn't particularly intimidated by the screaming cotton ball but it was cool to see that Pelor's already figuring out his job and that he didn't even think twice about going after an animal 6 times his size. He spend the rest of the afternoon keeping a real watchful eye on his domain and his charges.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH
Daisy is about 75 pounds, does that qualify her? She's mostly Anatolian Shepherd -- no clue if she's pure or not. We're her fourth home, got her when she was seven months. Apparently the people who got her as a puppy didn't know that she'd get so big. And the people who got her from them didn't know that she'd get so much bigger. The third household put an ad on CL that said "If someone doesn't pick this dog up we're just letting her loose." I don't know how anyone could not want this huge, lovable, loyal sweetheart.

She watches us playing Fallout because of Dogmeat.

She's helping my husband recuperate from spinal fusion surgery.

She wanted to be present when our son was introduced to Star Wars.

She is officially too large for my car.

Bonus: Daisy hopping around as a puppy like a dork. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usYFrwe-tR4

Khioniia
Aug 4, 2003

Charlie's getting bigger:

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Khioniia posted:

Charlie's getting bigger:

:swoon: what kind of personality traits do wolfhounds have anyway? Looks like a Good Dog for sure

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
this little poo poo is growing so fast

he has to go in for his next round of puppy shots soon, i'm really curious to see what he weighs now

Khioniia
Aug 4, 2003

^^^^^Your dog is amazing.

moveable shape posted:

:swoon: what kind of personality traits do wolfhounds have anyway? Looks like a Good Dog for sure

He is a Good Dog. Earned himself a gigantic marrow bone the other day - he was so proud.

He's very easy-going and friendly, adores people and other dogs/cats. The only issue is he's just not sure how big he is, so he can be a bit rambunctious for small animals and children. He's desperate to be best friends with our cats and even brings them his favourite toys to play with, but always goes just that bit too far when playing.

The other typical wolfhound thing is independence - he learns quickly and knows exactly what is wanted of him when we give him commands, but he will actively ignore you if he doesn't feel like it. He's also a bit of a velcro dog and has to be with you all the time. Not territorial at all - I'm pretty sure if someone broke into our house the biggest danger they'd be in would be of tripping over him. Not very vocal, either.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
Pe and goats bffs for life

the pyrenees tumble is one of my favorite things. i don't know why they'd rather roll everywhere than walk but it owns

:v:

i could do without this though

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Ausrotten posted:

the pyrenees tumble is one of my favorite things. i don't know why they'd rather roll everywhere than walk but it owns
:swoon:

It's so they can get their fur all over more poo poo. It works its way into EVERYTHING.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
he's an outside dog so i don't really have to deal with his fur all over everything (I have GSDs for that :v: ) but goddamn does he manage to pick up every sticker, burr, and piece of goat poo poo in a 20 mile radius

i think the tumble is to improve his collection

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'm looking to get a European Doberman for protection, I was wondering if anyone could help me answer the questions I laid out in this post:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3364451&pagenumber=133#post459330687

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
youre an idiot

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Fair enough, please enlighten me on the right approach to getting a self protection oriented Doberman

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
there isn't one, what you're looking for doesn't exist especially not for an owner who can't get their golden to do basic obedience. personal protection dogs are at best useless and at worst extremely dangerous in the hands of owners without years of hands on experience in protection work. buying a fully trained dog won't change that. get a gun and a home security system

Ausrotten fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 30, 2016

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
i love this idiot dog

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I can't take him home for a few more weeks but I picked out an Irish Wolfhound pup today and I'm pretty excited about it!

Mom:

Dad:
The size of the dad doesn't really come through in this picture or he's grown quite a bit since it was taken. He's huge. I love it.

Any general tips and tricks from Wolfhound owners out there that I might not find with normal research on the internet would be appreciated!

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
Ugh. Real bad week this week.

I haven't posted pics of Sage in a while, because she's been just pitiful for a long time. Sage has been steadily declining since December. She'd lost about 40lbs, most of her hair, and has some unidentifiable skin condition that's itched her to death. Multiple vets haven't been able to figure out what's wrong, beyond the obvious "really, really old". We finally got her itching under some control with large doses of steroids, and she got most of her hair back. She's much more comfortable now, but she's still declining quickly, and still losing weight. Found several more tumors on her weekly bath last night, and she's started having problems with her back legs giving out while she's walking some. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, but she's getting weaker by the day, and more confused.

Going to give the poor old lady a great week this week, then a Good Day on Friday to say farewell... :smith:

Planning on multiple car rides and boat trips and woods walks, then I'm taking off work all day Friday to spend the day on the lake making burgers and taking all her friends that I can get to come with us out for a last lake day. I have a good vet that will come to the house to sedate her once she's all tuckered out, then put her down..

Hardest drat thing I've ever contemplated. I'm a goddamn emotional train wreck this week.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I haven't posted pics of Sage in a while, because she's been just pitiful for a long time. Sage has been steadily declining since December. She'd lost about 40lbs, most of her hair, and has some unidentifiable skin condition that's itched her to death. Multiple vets haven't been able to figure out what's wrong, beyond the obvious "really, really old". We finally got her itching under some control with large doses of steroids, and she got most of her hair back. She's much more comfortable now, but she's still declining quickly, and still losing weight. Found several more tumors on her weekly bath last night, and she's started having problems with her back legs giving out while she's walking some. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, but she's getting weaker by the day, and more confused.

Going to give the poor old lady a great week this week, then a Good Day on Friday to say farewell... :smith:

Planning on multiple car rides and boat trips and woods walks, then I'm taking off work all day Friday to spend the day on the lake making burgers and taking all her friends that I can get to come with us out for a last lake day. I have a good vet that will come to the house to sedate her once she's all tuckered out, then put her down..

Hardest drat thing I've ever contemplated. I'm a goddamn emotional train wreck this week.

:smith::hf::smith: I'm always sad to hear that kind of news, but it sounds like she lived a great life and now she goes out on a happy note.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

She's 13? 14?

Man. You did her right. It's never easy, but she had a good, long time with you. Especially as danes are concerned. I'm sorry though. She's a good girl.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

She's 13? 14?

Man. You did her right. It's never easy, but she had a good, long time with you. Especially as danes are concerned. I'm sorry though. She's a good girl.
Thanks. She's had a good life. She's been a Good Dog.

Yeah, she's pushing 13. Her birthday's in September. She's had a good, long run. She really hasn't had any major health problems until this. She had one small tumor on her eyelid a few years ago, but otherwise she's always been healthy. She's never had arthritis or hip problems. She still wants to run and play even now. She doesn't really act like she's in much pain even now, she's just wasted away to nothing, the poor thing. She's about 75 lbs now, down from 118 at her checkup in December when her rashes started. Her legs are giving out on her occasionally , and she's really shaky when she walks now.

We grilled out last night and had chicken tenders on the deck. Sage got to eat at the table with everybody. She was happy. :3:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Thanks. She's had a good life. She's been a Good Dog.

Yeah, she's pushing 13. Her birthday's in September. She's had a good, long run. She really hasn't had any major health problems until this. She had one small tumor on her eyelid a few years ago, but otherwise she's always been healthy. She's never had arthritis or hip problems. She still wants to run and play even now. She doesn't really act like she's in much pain even now, she's just wasted away to nothing, the poor thing. She's about 75 lbs now, down from 118 at her checkup in December when her rashes started. Her legs are giving out on her occasionally , and she's really shaky when she walks now.

We grilled out last night and had chicken tenders on the deck. Sage got to eat at the table with everybody. She was happy. :3:

:3: Well of course she did. Sage has always been people. It just took you this long to figure that out. Gosh.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
Pe has grown A LOT

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
Holy poo poo lookit that smiledogge :kimchi:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Goddamn I haven't seen a dog that smiley in a long time.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
What a great dog.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
That's a great looking dog but I think I want to give some love to his goat(?) friend!

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

Tree Dude posted:

That's a great looking dog but I think I want to give some love to his goat(?) friend!

Bonus goat action

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I love goats but occasionally their pupils give me the creeps.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
goats are creepy as poo poo, embrace the void

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Ausrotten posted:

Pe has grown A LOT

He's so happy to be doing his job! :kimchi: How's he getting along with Kas and Vex?

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
I don't really let them hang out together, I don't want him more interested in hanging out with dogs than with watching his goats. Plus Pe's with the goats all day except when its time to go to bed at night (he gets real riled early in the morning and has taken to chewing on goats so they don't sleep together anymore) so there isn't a lot of opportunity for them to interact much besides sniffing through the fence.

Vex thinks he's lame as poo poo and pretty much just ignores him beyond a cursory sniff which makes Pe very sad. Kas just spazzes out at him when he comes by her kennel but she does that about literally everything.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
A friend of mine just adopted a 3-year-old Great Pyrenees - his kids really liked it. He seems really sweet and outgoing but he's also already jumped the fence.

I remember various tales of being overprotective from the Maremma Sheep Dog thread. How much of that do we have to be wary of?