Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I am unreasonably upset that all these other Zelda characters are getting in before Agahnim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Marin is cool and all but it's still too bad that all the DLC characters are meaningless for WiiU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dizz posted:

Marin is cool and all but it's still too bad that all the DLC characters are meaningless for WiiU

That's why you dehumanize to bloodshed and face to the 3ds version even though you have triple digit hours in the Wii U version like me

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So does anyone have a decent guide on how the My Fairy stuff works? I understand the basics of it, you feed it food and when it gets to certain stat levels it learns abilities I guess but what's up with the red stats on some abilities? Like for some, Smiley will appear instead of Sparkly, and it can't just be a negative points thing because Smiley appeared over a different stat on another ability. Can you only equip four abilities on your fairy, or are all of them active when they learn it? What's up with the "Next" thing with a big elemental icon over it? Mine was showing light for a while but now it's showing lightning and I'm not sure why or what it means. And finally, how do the abilities work in conjunction with the Adventure Map requirements? Because some of them look like they could easily cheese them if they would count, such as one that makes you completely invincible at the cost of lowering your attack power.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Dizz posted:

All the Legends DLC characters and weapons are going to be able to transfer to the Wii U. You can even buy them just for the Wii U at half the price at a later date than when they come out for Legends.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Since Linkle is also getting a new weapon with the LA pack, I hope they give her some kind of crazy bomb arrow gun or something.

Bomb arrows should be in more Zeldas.

Being allied with cuccos, her attack should clearly be the glitch(?) where you throw your boomerang, fly up with the flying rooster and now you're constantly hovering with a boomerang of death constantly spinning underneath you. How great wouldn't that be for clearing mooks :colbert:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Marin summons the Windfish for her Mousou attack. They didn't say that but you know she will

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just realized that they made a change that I kinda hate.

They got rid of bomb flowers. No more Michael Bay explosions during fights in keeps :(

Seriously though, I really did love those useless things. It was just another one of those things that added to the "Zelda, but filtered through what a 10 year old would think is awesome" feel.

One thing I do feel is weird about the engine in Legends is that they seem to try to avoid any sort of closeups, even for Musou attacks. I guess it is to hide the resolution hit, but the character models are still very good.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I am unreasonably upset that all these other Zelda characters are getting in before Agahnim.

If Hyrule Warriors becomes a "thing" I'm sure you'll get all the characters you want and a bunch more and oh god why are there so many to have to max out

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
For someone who hasn't played Hyrule Warriors at all (or any Musou games for that matter), which version would people recommend I get, Wii U or 3DS? I have a New 3DS so that's not an issue.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mr. Trampoline posted:

For someone who hasn't played Hyrule Warriors at all (or any Musou games for that matter), which version would people recommend I get, Wii U or 3DS? I have a New 3DS so that's not an issue.

3DS is a much better value. It has exclusive new features, includes all Wii U DLC for free while getting new DLC that isn't coming to Wii U. Only go for Wii U if you want to play the game at higher res on a TV and/or you want to play co-op.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"Better value" is meaningless past a certain point because even the Wii U version has more ~content~ than any sane person would want.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
marin - what a dream come true!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

marin - what a dream come true!

I see what you did there and I want you to know I appreciate it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Marin is the original waifu

as in she's literally Link's. It's come full circle.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
So, who wants to give Wizzro some Stamina Fruit badges in Legends and watch as the Imprisoned becomes little more than a mere curiosity? Wizzro C4 spam on Giant Bosses is the best!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Switching between warriors and the team up bonuses vs giant bosses is great. I've done a decent amount of the Adventure map but I haven't seen any My Fairy stuff at all and I have no clue how it works.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh not all maps have owl statues. Failed Impa's map to get her other weapon while at the enemy hq at the end due to the idiots at the allied base not knowing how to fight. Since there no warp I tried to just rush the base since I near it but failed. Now I get to do it all over from start. :suicide:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This is going to sound like a dumb question if I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way to "save" a keep? If a keep gets raided, it kinda seems like it's easier to just let the enemy get it then take it back. Of course, this can't be done with the allied base and I'm having trouble with the "everything at once"-maps (often with multiple enemies, bombchus, saboteurs, summoners) because once the allied base has taken some damage I have no idea how/if I can heal it back. I feel like I've failed maps while I'm still inside the allied base just because mobs keep coming and the "health" is constantly draining.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Keep health slowly regenerates over time. Aside from that, all you can do is keep an eye on the map and break off if you see a wave of red heading to your base.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Your Computer posted:

This is going to sound like a dumb question if I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way to "save" a keep? If a keep gets raided, it kinda seems like it's easier to just let the enemy get it then take it back. Of course, this can't be done with the allied base and I'm having trouble with the "everything at once"-maps (often with multiple enemies, bombchus, saboteurs, summoners) because once the allied base has taken some damage I have no idea how/if I can heal it back. I feel like I've failed maps while I'm still inside the allied base just because mobs keep coming and the "health" is constantly draining.

If enemies keep coming then they must be coming from somewhere. Try capturing all the keeps/outposts nearest your base early on so you have a buffer. Or maybe there's some objective you failed at that caused the enemy to gain reinforcements or morale and that's why they're overwhelming your guys.

In some cases you might have to try leaving the base to fend for itself long enough to complete your current objective, and then your side will gain a morale boost and slaughter the invaders themselves. Some maps have a gimmick where your army gains some morale every 500 or so kills so that's something to watch out for too, it doesn't tell you at the start of the level but you get an alert each time it happens.

Or you might just not be high enough level on that character (or have a strong enough weapon) to tackle that level yet. If it takes you more than two or three hits to kill a keep leader or an outpost guy then this is a pretty safe bet.

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 27, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

All the Legends DLC characters and weapons are going to be able to transfer to the Wii U. You can even buy them just for the Wii U at half the price at a later date than when they come out for Legends.

I think they meant the DLC characters/weapons are effectively meaningless for Wii U because most people have probably finished the Adventure maps, or if they haven't they'd be playing as the non-DLC characters so they could get the prizes, meaning you'd really only be playing the new DLC characters in levels you've already beaten, thus effectively making them worthless.

Suaimhneas posted:

Some maps have a gimmick where your army gains some morale every 500 or so kills so that's something to watch out for too, it doesn't tell you at the start of the level but you get an alert each time it happens.

I miss the old Dynasty Warriors games where when you got a thousand KOs it sent your army's morale soaring.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Suaimhneas posted:

If enemies keep coming then they must be coming from somewhere. Try capturing all the keeps/outposts nearest your base early on so you have a buffer. Or maybe there's some objective you failed at that caused the enemy to gain reinforcements or morale and that's why they're overwhelming your guys.

I'm going to go with this :negative: It's that specific type of map, though they lack a naming convention like "Kill X enemies in Y amount of time" or "Weapon trials". They always start you off with a buttload of things coming at you, namely bombchus, saboteurs, etc. while also getting a morale boost because they're squishing the second enemy way on the other side of the map. It's everything I'm bad at condensed into a single game type. :(

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

I miss the old Dynasty Warriors games where when you got a thousand KOs it sent your army's morale soaring.

Well it used to be an accomplishment when you got 1000 KO's in one stage, they'd even play a cutscene after the stage was over just to tell you how awesome you are. :v:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I booted up DW3 in preparation for Legends and god drat the early DW games are like night and day compared to the modern ones. Much more slower-paced, much less combo-y. Good as a history lesson but I'll stick to Hyrule, thank you.

What's the best way to find secret spots on the Adventure map? I'm afraid of wasting my cards and locking myself out of things.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can get cards by doing the map again, so you can't permanently lock yourself out if anything, but also if you have a map of the original LoZ map it apparently matches pretty closely to where the actual secrets are.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Electric Lady posted:

I booted up DW3 in preparation for Legends and god drat the early DW games are like night and day compared to the modern ones. Much more slower-paced, much less combo-y. Good as a history lesson but I'll stick to Hyrule, thank you.

What's the best way to find secret spots on the Adventure map? I'm afraid of wasting my cards and locking myself out of things.

http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/engel_zelda10.gif

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You, everything's where it is on the Zelda map (and Master Quest for that Adventure map) except they added some spots for water bombs, hookshot, ice arrow and harp that are obvious. The other maps have obvious places to use items.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Playing around in ganon's fury is fun, and I like getting a bunch of materials out of it, but drat ganon goes down like a chump a lot of times. Especially with the mini imprisoned bosses, they just absolutely gently caress him up. I dunno if maybe ganon just doesn't have any iframes or something but if they run into him, he pretty much immediately dies.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, this is bugging me. Does anyone know where to get monster horns? I want to use Skull Kid and Toon Link but I've no attack badges for either.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I got a Monster Horn once because I was able to get the first Kokiri Sword badge for Link but hell if I know where I got it from.

A quick Google search says that you can get one in the level where you unlock Toon Link (which must be how I got mine) but that other than that they're on the Wind Waker maps, which would be after you beat Ganon in story mode.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

Being allied with cuccos, her attack should clearly be the glitch(?) where you throw your boomerang, fly up with the flying rooster and now you're constantly hovering with a boomerang of death constantly spinning underneath you. How great wouldn't that be for clearing mooks :colbert:

This would be the best attack for the best character (Linkle is the best character).

I never played Link's Awakening so Marin would be...cool, I guess. Put in Agahnim.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Yeah I look forward to playing them on the first adventure map and then never touching them again because there's nothing to do.

I'm trying to appreciate the 3ds version but

There's just some parts that look okay like the map and hero face icons and stuff

but then I go into the bazaar and it just looks so muddy and messy, like what the gently caress!

Dizz fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 27, 2016

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Oh my god, Toon Link's introductory cutscene when you're fighting against him :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Oh my god, Toon Link's introductory cutscene when you're fighting against him :3:

He gets dizzy when he uses a musou attack and out of breath when he storm rushes, too. :kimchi:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't even unlocked any of Skull Kid's extra moves and yet his first 3 combos are incredibly strong

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dizz posted:

Yeah I look forward to playing them on the first adventure map and then never touching them again because there's nothing to do.

I'm trying to appreciate the 3ds version but

There's just some parts that look okay like the map and hero face icons and stuff

but then I go into the bazaar and it just looks so muddy and messy, like what the gently caress!

The menus are the worst and laziest part of the port. It's like they took the HD assets and just scaled them down without thought to how it looks. The Bazaar and badge trees are the worst of it.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Your Computer posted:

I'd be honestly surprised if she DOESN'T get the flying rooster. And yes, that should totally be one of her strongs.

Has anyone marked up an adventure map with where things are now so I can plan routes yet? I hate that you can't see the entire thing at once anymore.

(ps: YLRYLR on the loading screen ocarina for the Song of Time, XBYXBY for Zelda's Lullaby, LRBLRB for the Song of Storms. Haven't worked out Saria's yet, it's loaded before I can.)

Keiya fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 27, 2016

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I know I'm late to the party since I don't have a WiiU, but god dammit Omega Force, that's not what an epilogue is. Like a full third of Legend Mode comes AFTER the epilogue. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Has there been any rebalancing/alterations of movesets?

Otherwise I'm enjoying this quite a bit more than my go at it on Wii U. There's something magical about Gannondorf playing dress up with his fairy.

• Locked thread